September 16, 2014 | 2021 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just started to use this cream. I use 0.025 strength. So far I like it. I don't have any excessive peeling. My skin love it! I got prescription strength from my dermatologist, I have 2 sun spots (from pregnancy I think) and I hope to get rid of them. Will be updating...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially used Retin-A in middle school when I began to experience mild acne. At this time it proved to harsh, and I had to discontinue its use.
I started using Retin-A again at 30 years of age when I began to experience cystic hormonal acne. I was prescribed 0.025% of the cream from my doctor, which left my face feeling very greasy. I now alternate nightly between 0.025% and 0.05% of the gel-cream from ADC, and I have had amazing results.
My acne has completely cleared up, with the exception of an occasional blemish. My pores are very clear and almost invisible. I have noticed that my fine lines around my eye area are almost diminished. My skin has a healthy glow, and my skin looks much younger than most people my age, which is 32.
My only complaint is that I now experience dryness, especially around my mouth and on my chin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is EXTREMELY strong!

Now I have been used this gel-version with 0,025%, for 4 weeks.

I actually never could use it even every other day, cause of the dryness it occurs...nor every third day. This "killed" my skin, and maybe some of the acne also...but the worst thing of all is that my face looks HORRIBLE 1-2 days after I've used it (mostly during night). It's all red, itching, I can't smile (!!), the face is like "schrinked"....the skin is SOO dehydrated that it hurts!! It's all "orange"/red and the skin is "cracked"...horrible... the feeling of SOO dry skin is horrible when you need to work and meet people, and be active... :(

Takes me 4 days to "repair" the skin after one nights use...

I don't know what to say about this product. I have tried everything under the sun for my acne, during the last 15 years. But this is one of the harder products (I was on Accutane 3 times when I was younger) that i've tried....it is MUCH stronger than azelaic acid and benzoyl peroxide, they can not even be compared!

I don't know if I'll go on with this...I can't use it more than every 3-4 day (first week I tried every other day with skin burn as result) My skin is very sensitive, and a lot of BP has some effect on my acne...I don't know if I should stick to the BP...and maybe try to combine it with glycolic acid or something else...But this is killing the skin more than the acne...

UPDATE 20/1 - 2011: My skin is not that red anymore! It has got used to the retin-a, it does almost not react negative at all! During the last week it has got better and better, now I can use it every second or third night, and the skin has got a beautiful lustre.... I can't belive that the horrible dryness is gone!!! :D The trick is to take it easy and listen to the skin; If it has been overdried, I have used moisturizer only - not to hurry on with the retin-a..... AND the best of all is that it keeps the blemishes away! I really hope that it will go on with that, really, really....This is better in controlling acne than the BP! With the BP I always still had many small blackheads, and acne. But this also minimizes the amount of blackheads!! :D

I still don't dear to hope that this will keep on going this good... And I haven't found the "perfect" balance between ("normal") dryness and moisture cause I have to change my facewash to a milder one and find a moisturizer with a spf... But right now I'm just so happy that I haven't had to fight with the zits and blackheads fore a week!!!!!!!!!!!
Back with the lippies!!! :D

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by t03y03l

Just got this stuff for about 2 weeks. I bought generic brand called vitacid because it's so dirt cheap with same ingredients in 0,025%. I have bad acne, it's all over my face and even worse on my period. I use clindalimyn gel in the morning and retinoic acid cream at night. I'm in a stage that I don't know what to do anymore. So I think I'm gonna use this with cetaphil cleanser for couple or month, please wish me luck. So I'm gonna write my testimonials for view months.
Week 1: purging just a little....
Week 2: surprisingly calm down my acne, I really glad bout it.
Week 3: suddenly my face purge badly, I'm shocked my self esteem decreased. Bumps everywhere specially on my forehead OMG I need strength, it better work soon....or...I don't know @.@
Week4: Still purging and drying, switch my cleanser to cetaphil gentle cleanser and I thing it really help with the dryness, so my routine now are cetaphil+Clindamycin+light make up at morning, cetaphil+retinoic acid cream at night, I also use Avene cleanance K every once in a week just to get rid of my dead skin layer. Plus I use konjac sponge and rub it to my face every night after cleanse my face....my friends said my face got better just a little bit so Imma continuing this. Does anybody know side effect of retinoic acid? Add one more lippie ;P
week5: less purging, gets the bumps dry and my face is flaky everywhere. But I think we really going somewhere here. still have most bumps around my hairline, and the most noticeable are my acne scar now. Will continue because I heard it also fading scars.... add one more lippie. ;) feelin good
week 6: still purging...have big bumps around my forehead and bumps da bump da bump around my cheek and chin...
week7: bump on my forehead only..... huuuuuuuuuuuu so many
week8: still on my forehead and on :(
week9: the same
decides to change to retin A after I finished my old tretinoin cream
week10:changed n still purging n gettin dry n dry
week11: :(
week12: still :(
week13: my bumps calm down a bit, hope it's not gonna purge anymore. still have my marks n redness all ova my face. witch hazel toner really help.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

It took me almost 4 months to see the results. I had no purging since I didn't have cystic acne. I had problem with clogged pores. No purging, but my skin did flake. It wasn't constant flaking. It would severely flake for one day a week for about 4 weeks for me. I find that retin-a cream is quite emollient. I started seeing better result when I starting incorporating AHA into my routine. I like DDF 10% glycolic toner. It allows retin-a to penetrate better (according to MUA skincare board). I'm on the mildest dosage (0.025%) and intend to keep it that way since i'm only 26. I will increase the dosage to fight wrinkles when I'm older. Now my skin is just GLOWING and I've gotten compliments on my skin. It's still not perfect but i can't complain. I will update once my skin becomes flawless.

UPDATE: (May 2011) I now have the best skin I've had since my teenage years. I'm 27 now. All my pores are unplugged. I use Peter Thomas Roth AHA BHA Acne Gel in the morning and Retin-A 0.025% at night. Very effective regimen for clogged skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ahblay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, obviously I have an amazing product on my skin. Blackheads were climbin in my pores, snatchin my beauty up, tryna rape it. I took my makeup off and was like you better hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husb. I started using Retin A .025% 2 months ago every night, and my skin is better than it has been in my whole life. Acne, you are so dumb, you are really dumb, fo real. Run n tell that

200 out of 300 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by McConville32

I started using retin-a a little over two months ago. I use the .025%. I have always had issues with my skin. I have bad blackheads all over and around my nose, new pimples popping up everyday and do get cystic acne which I despise. My skin has been this way for a very long time. I have found products to imrove my skin but nothing to make the acne just stop so my derm reccomended retin a.

The first 2 weeks I didn't notice much of a difference. And since then my skin has seemed to get worse. I haven't noticed much of an improvement yet, I still have blackheads, my cystic acne seems to actually have gotten worse, and I still get pimples. Something that has improved is when I get a new pimple it does seem to go away faster than usual; that is about the only thing though. My skin does peel and burn a little, but not bad at all, I think it's because I have .025%, the weakest form of retin a. My derm told me it would take about 12 weeks to see results so I still have 4 weeks left. So I will update then and hopefully I can say I have much clearer skin by then! I gave it a 3 because I really haven't seen that much improvement, but if by 12 weeks it's better I will change my rating accordingly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by deZire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are many over the counter products that are very helpful with preventing the signs of aging, but only two that have been proven to prevent the signs of aging and reverse it and that is sun screen and Retinold/Retin-A. There is a very bad purging process that you have to go through but stick with it, once you pass this purging process your skin will be absolutely flawless, plump, wrinkle free and glowing. I have been using Retinold for about 6 months and what a difference, it is truly amazing. I have used many over the counter Retinol creams, and they are no where near as effect as Retinold. Don't give up, even if you have purging, keep going, it will stop. Please don't forget your sunscreen everyday. Especially on the drivers side of your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Blehpppp....god awful product. No wonder it's prescription... messed up my skin's balance so bad. I can't even write more of this putrid thing. I think I'm just a weird person, all products others hate I love and all products others love I hate...*sigh*

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blackwhite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made me break out super bad! I know there is a purging process but dang it was to much to handle gave it a good 3 months and could not take anymore! Once I stopped using it my face went back to normal! Now I have to repair the damage! Thanks RETIN-A!!!