April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by aastew

5 Stars!!!!!!! OK- I have ben using the most expensive products on my face to keep it clear and smooth for years. My budget changed and I finally broke down and bought this 99 cent box of baking soda. It has CHANGED my skin. My acne has gone and my skin looks beautiful. I mix a tiny amount of baking soda with water in the shower and lightly scrub my face. I then wash it off with my Nutragena skin cleanser. I do this 3 times a week. I won't comment on a product until I have been using it least a month. I have been going on 3 months and my acne is gone and my skin is radiant! You will save a load of money using this natural product. Try it. I guarantee you will love it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by pizzicato

RAVE. I first heard of using baking soda from this site (http://www.elkevonfreudenberg.com/blog/2008/04/acne-skin-and-how-to-look-good/). I mixed a couple of teaspoons of baking soda with a tiny bit of water, just enough to form a slurry/paste, applied it, and waited for it to set. I've been suffering from terrible exam stress-related skin lately - I've gone from perfect skin to hyperpigmentation, acne and dark scarring in a few months, it's heartbreaking - and I was really hoping this would help. It didn't calm the acne - far from it - but it sloughed off all the dead skin/scabs on my face, making it insanely soft and most importantly, smooth.

As such, I'd recommend this for usage as the site above suggests - as a kind of preparation for your skin before makeup application. However, it hasn't done much for me in terms of acne prevention - but its efficacy in smoothening my skin cannot be denied. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by OverTheHill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely fabulous exfoliator, and heals and fades spots and blemishes. I know the received wisdom is that maybe you shouldn't use this on your face because it's waaaay too alkaline, but I have really tough, oily and acidic skin so this is fine. In fact even if I don't use it to scrub everyday I give my face a quick rinse with it before I apply foundation. The acid in my skin causes most foundations to oxidise very quickly, so a quick whizz with baking soda keeps it looking the way it's supposed to for much longer.
For UK users - we have bicarbonate of soda and baking powder available in the shops. This stuff is the bicarb.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used baking soda for a very long time as a general body and face exfoliater (off and on) and I love it! I have never had any issues with it. I also use Lemon juice and sugar for the hands and sugar and baby or olive oil for the body. All of these with great results ( I would say maybe even better than the store bought products).

Aside from using the baking soda as a scrub I also clean with it (great toilet cleaner when used with white vinegar) and use it to relax my muscles by pouring some of it into my bathtub.

A must have in my house (fridge, pantry and bathroom)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by mnw28

BEST EXFOLIATER EVER! I read in a magazine that Queen Latifah and Brooklyn Decker both use baking soda mixed with water or facial cleanser to exfoliate their face. Tried it and OH MY LORD! I was so pleased with the results. Baby smooth. I have used Philosophy Microderma Peel and the results were not as good. Plus who can beat the price??? I mean a box of baking soda is like $1 and it lasts forever. This stuff is so much better than any of the Apricot Scrubs or other store bought scrubs. A very fine texture and leaves your face fresh and smooth. Best home remedy ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! This really helps to exfloliate your problem areas. I find it helps with oily skin issues as well! I mix water and baking soda to make an effective scrub. Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by missesB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works great as an exfoliator. I mix it with my cleanser (L'oreal go 360 cleanser for sensitive skin) everyday. Gentle yet effective. Only bummer is I keep the box in a plastic ziploc in my shower and the box still gets soggy which in turn makes the bs clumpy. Maybe I will go out and get a plastic bottle to transfer the contents of the box to so it doesnt get wet or soggy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
All natural
Effective

Cons:
Messy

Bottom line: I would recommend this. It was too abrasive for my sensitive skin the first time I used it, but I learned putting more water helps. I think I will start using this as I would a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by aastew

Ok, I ran out of my Caudalie face scrub. Very expensive stuff but I have been using it forever and loved it. I found myself on a tighter budget and decided to try baking soda as a scrub. My conclusion: IT IS WONDERFUL!! I used it the first time w/ just water but it was a little hard to rinse off. So, you need to use it with your face soap/wash. Mix the soda a wash together and then scrub and your skin looks absolutely beautiful. I have to admit I was skeptical. I lOOOOOOve skin care products. But this one is a keeper. An A+ in my book

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the face, it works okay. I've used better stuff. I used it on my hair and it was too drying, leaving it straw-like and tangled. My hair also fell out in chunks. I stopped using it on my teeth as well, for I was told that it's a bit too abrasive and that it wears down the enamel. I also found it ineffective as a deodorant. Too harsh for my pits. I ended up with bright red raw and itchy skin that then turned a crusty brown, yeah, it all sounds so gross and it looked as gross(BUT, mixed with aloe vera/cornstarch baby powder, it works, AFTER I apply my homemade lemon-witch hazel-Sea Breeze deo spray)! LOVE it for cleaning up my stove, though! Gets EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!Update:I also mix a bit of baking soda with cornstarch as a face powder and so far, this has been the ONLY thing to keep my makeup from melting! No problems using this. Now I don't have to mop up my greasy face every hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!