August 1, 2014 | 1265 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by WazzleDazzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really didn't get the hype! But now i have learned the best way to apply this is by blending it in to the skin with a buffer brush, the more you blend, the better it looks. Beautiful foundation. Seamless, flawless coverage. If you're a person that has their photo taken a lot then you will love this foundation, it photographs beautifully! Well worth the trip to buy this foundation, MUFE is hard to find in London:(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mariacristinatoca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nahhhh..... I have been using MAC studio fix fluid (great product) for almost 5 years now and thought of trying something new. So I decided to buy the HD. I was so excited to try it and so disappointed in the end. It is way too watery, minimal coverage and ridiculously expensive,So I I brought it back to Sephora, got my refund and went back to MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Coolnerdgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great, not as good as everyone described

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by koacocoa28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne-prone skin. (little oily in T-zone), not crazily but medium acne
anyway, I've been using this prodcut after I used many different foundation
and BB cream. I have been used Estee Lauder's double wear (it was amazing coverage,
but too matte for my skin). and used Revlon...etc.
MAKEUP FOREVER HD foundation is light (the best part) so You have to build up
for coverage. It has medium coverage but most parts like pores are covered well.
The other thing I wanna add on is that Makeup forever HD Powder. It's light as well.
IF any of you have oily skin, I recommend you this after your foundation. it gives look as if
you do not put skin makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first put this foundation on, I hated it! It made any dry skin that I had really stand out. I thought it didn't look right on me, so I threw it in my foundation drawer. A few weeks later I decided to try it again, because well I did spend $40 bucks on the thing! When I tried it again, I used a primer and I loved the stuff! It matches my skin tone and makes your skin look flawless. I REALLY would not recommend this to ladies with lots of dry skin though.

But overall, this is my HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I found a great color in this foundation (N117). MUFE has an amazing range of colors with great undertones. The packaging was good - I like that there was a pump.

When I put the foundation on it looked very good. The coverage was light and had a natural finish. I used a setting powder so that it would last longer and hopefully stay on evenly since I have oily skin.

I really hoped that my nice skin look would last through the day, but the HD foundation didn't hold up. By the afternoon my face was very shiny, and a lot of the makeup slid off of my t-zone which exposed the redness in my skin. By the end of the day it looked like I had no foundation at all.

I would repurchase this if it had staying power. But as it stands now, I don't recommend it for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Hfortunet

I always get compliments when I wear this foundation, loveeee!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by AmnAT

Im very picky when it comes to foundation but this is by far the best foundation I've purchased. I use a beauty blender to apply it makes it look so natural and dewy!love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always wanted to try MUFE's HD foundation, and today was the day. I was color matched with the IQ (2R06) to 130, which was pinker and a little darker than I would have usually picked. The makeup artist at Sephora applied it and it looked great in the store: it covered all of my rosacea and make my skin look flawless, without feeling heavy. It looked a little cakey after the artist applied it (they usually have a heavy hand in the store so I wasn't surprised), but I blended it out and it was fine. I was very excited to have found a winner.

Then it oxidized...BAD. FAST. Just a few hours later, the color that was on my face was not the same shade as was first applied. It was much darker and rather orange. Very disappointing. I returned it and swore off MUFE.

Fast forward a few months...

I got a color IQ done again. 2Y07, which sounds a little more accurate albeit darker than I thought I was. Then again, I talked to the makeup tech and we decided that since my neck and my face are two different shades, for me to even things out, it'd be easier to match the darker of the two ...in my case, the neck. This translated to shade #140, and this time I received a sample to take home.

No oxidation! None!

Same excellent application, same "a little more perfect" look. I admit that I'm not quite used to seeing my face more closely match my neck's color: all these years, I had matched my face. It took a while to get used to this more even look. But my skin does look natural. It does not cover well--Smashbox's Studio Skin remains my HG--but it is an excellent lighter-weight foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cindelmon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is overrated. It doesn't cover well and it doesn't last. I think it gets a lot of hype because the color spectrum is pretty well-done and its a non-cakey, non-offensive makeup, but if you have any real issues like discoloration or acne...skip this.