April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by valerie0429

The first time I had used this product I was extremely satisfied with the results, this light foundation covered every blemish and made my skin look flawless. However, as I continued to use it daily, I noticed my skin start to breakout. I've never had breakouts this bad before, ever. I definitely do not recommend this product to anyone especially if you have acne-prone skin. I can't bring myself to throw it away simply because it was so expensive, but I will never put this on my skin again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BSlytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been on the edge about this foundation for a while, I continue to use it because it matches my skin perfectly. After a few hours though it starts feeling cakey. If I touch my face it feels all "squishy" which is gross. I've tried so many different finishing powders, from bare minerals to Victoria's Secret to rimmel London. Just about all of them trying to see if it'll change it. But no :( so now I don't know what foundation to try. I'll continue to use this one for now.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

I received this foundation as a gift and thank god I didn't have to pay for it because...I absolutely HATED it. I had MUFE HD shade in 120 - in MAC I am shade NC25-30 (Asian with some yellow under-tones). I have combination skin (mostly oily in the t-zone without any blemishes) however this foundation just...sucked. Within 4 hrs it looked as though I was wearing a mineral foundation with a shimmery tinge to it (gross)/ next to nothing. I know lots of reviewers enjoy this particular foundation because it doesn't have any SPF in it and therefore consider it to be very photo-friendly however, the overall results just didn't cut it for me. If you have combination to oily skin, I don't think you should even bother purchasing this product because the coverage is very thin and and just "slides" off your face the moment you get slightly oily. There are plenty of other foundations out there which are also SPF friendly that are worth trying out. This product doesn't live up to the hype in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Layali

Aside from my skin looking flawless in person and in pictures, the thing that drew me to this foundation were the shades. I've looked at some of the best including MAC, and as far as colors and shades are concerned none can compare to MUFE. This is an amazing creation for me, especally if you don't have light skin or pink undertones, you'll know what I'm talking about. I actually found three good shades for my medium olive tone and one of them is perfect and natural looking (123 - works okay with my new tan too).
It is quite build-able but the coverage is never really "full" and it starts sliding off my oily face in five hours (depends on weather) unless I use a good primer.
I have acne-prone and combination skin and this is alright for me but I'm NOT saying it will help control the oil (it wont). You need some oil control primer for that. And for people with dry skin you simply need to use extra moisture, and, if you have deep acne scars - FORGET THIS.
Another down side is when I put it under my eyes it seeps in my wrinkles and stays there. And I have some dry spots on my skin from time to time and it can get a bit chalky.
I don't use it often so one bottle has lasted me a year with no problems. The only reason why I'm not buying this again is because I want to try others (from MUFE too).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I have to say that this foundation is both overhyped and totally worth it.

my mom loves how flawless she looks in photos with this, and trust me when I say that woman takes more photos than angelina jolie on the red carpet. I don't take photos, but when I do this makes me look flawless. in person however it does look like foundation, or a very nice satin finish that is not really possible for bare skin.

price is ridiculous which is why I only use this for going out rather than every day. however it is very long lasting and applies beautifully with fingers or beauty blender. I feel that its too watery to use with a sigma f80. color match is always excellent. I use 120 in winter and 123 in the summer.

I think if this was priced at 25 to 35 it would be holy grail. for the price however I don't see anything amazing about it. I love it, but its not the be all end all of my foundation search.

Edit: I went to several makeup counters to troll today and at least 3 or 4 girls commented that my skin looks super flawless, asking me whether I was wearing a very discrete powder or not. It had been after a long day's wear (maybe 9 hours) and they thought I just had perfect skin! >.> I'm sold. I think that after a few hours the foundation blends with your natural oils and looks like real skin. Nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT #2: I'm getting frustrated with the short wear time and how much it transfers. I don't even have oily skin. Time to try a different formula.
EDIT: Ok the shade complaint was my fault because I thought #120 Soft Sand was darker than #118 when it is, in fact, just yellower and a perfect match on me.
Lauder changed the formula of my favorite foundation, Double Wear Light, so I had to find a new one. My main criteria was that it needed to have light shades with strong yellow tones, have great staying power, and dilute well in water. The MUFE foundation hit some and missed others. I'm at my average skin tone right now; I'm not as pale as I am at the end of winter and not as tan as at the end of summer. As a result, I'm smack in the middle of shades 117 and 118, both looking either noticeably pale or dark on me (MUFE says 118 is for beige skin, but that's the yellowest beige I've ever seen. Perfect for a tanner version of me.). This means I'd have to mix both for the majority of the year, carry them both with me on trips too. But it might be worth it because, if you didn't get it the first two times, the shades lean quite yellow and so mixing would make a flawless match. The finish is also something to love because it's light yet velvety and truly buildable (more so than Lauder). It ends up appearing very natural, like skin-- not too matte and not too dewy. I apply with a Beautyblender so I know that it dilutes nicely with water. I don't need very much to apply to my t-zone and chin, just about a pea size.
The staying power has left me slightly disappointed, but maybe I've just been spoiled by Lauder (really that stuff is ridiculous). I set with Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder, but foundation still ends up on my finger if I swipe it very lightly over my face. I can't apply this with a kabuki brush as the bristles erase my coverage; I now have to blot with a puff then carefully knock excess powder off with a brush if I want to keep foundation on my face. I'd apply it more heavily but it covers my freckles and makes me look fake. It lasts about 8 hours on me (combo skin) before fading. A plus is that it doesn't get patchy as it disappears.
The pump bottle works fine and looks nice, but I prefer squeeze tubes. Their spouts are just has hygienic without the bulk of a round bottle-- it's easier to travel with and you're probably not paying as much for the packaging.
Overall, I'll probably repurchase if something better yet in the same price range doesn't come along. The biggest draws for me are the colors and texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Spanish2166

I bought this foundation yesterday at sephora with hopes of beautiful skin. I have acne prone skin and acne scars. This foundation did NOTHING i recommend save your money and buy a different one. Personally it did not work for me. I have used ELF products and they were better than this that is $42.00. If your looking for a good foundation that lasts all day and is for people with acne / oily prone skin i would recomend the Lancome Teint idole fresh wear amazing foundation :) and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by KimmyRM

This is my foundation of the moment, well - for the past year really. I was so intrigued on 'HD' make up that i just had to try it. Its really hard to find here in the UK and I usually stock up when I visit Asia or any country that has a sephora.

I use a beauty blender to apply this foundation and I find using the make up forever all mat primer works the best with this foundation - the make up HD primer in Mauve just makes my skin oily.

The coverage for this foundation is outstanding and its staying power - more than 8 hours.

Read my full review here if you fancy: http://bit.ly/17VNlVA

All in all - the best foundation I've got - beating the bigger names I've tried like Dior and Armani. Finish this look off with Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by yeahitsparisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! I've tried so much makeup and it keeps my skin beautiful especially in pictures with flash

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I wouldn't buy again. It felt great on my skin when I first applied it, but I felt as the night went on my skin would begin to feel greasy! So if your using it with a matte primer it may work better for you.