Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wear HD Invisible Cover Foundation by MUFE in a 170 Caramel - for medium skin with dark yellow undertones. Iíd thought this would be better that it was. I donít think this is right for my skin type. I expected more since I read very good reviews & the other MUFE foundation I have (Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation) is my HG one, so I thought I would be equally as impressed with this. Itís overhyped in my opinion & wasn't anything spectacular. While I could wear this without complaining, I wouldn't care if I never wore it again.

Itís advertised as being medium-to-full-coverage, but I found it to be lighter & not good when I have an ugly &/or a hormonal day. It didnít cover skin imperfections like itís supposed to. I have acne scars/dark marks & I could see it all through my makeup. Skin showing through isn't a bad thing, but like I said, itís disappointing when a foundation claims itíll do something & then doesnít. I apply this with a damp beauty blenderóitís smooth, blendable, & easy to apply.

My skin does look good the brief few hours before I get oily again; with that being said, I wasnít at all happy about the wear time. My face looked like the makeup had both disappeared into it & like makeup was melting off. Thatís with priming & setting, too. I shouldnít have assumed it would last more than a few hours just because it cost $42. This isnít by any means bad makeup. I just donít recommend it if you have oily/very oily/combination skin. I forced myself to finish the bottle because of the cost.

on 5/10/2014 1:32:00 PM

I heard so much good stuff about the HD foundation and was very exited to try it out but sadly this missed the mark. The color matched me perfectly, the initial application was great. The formula itself is light-medium coverage. If you have redness, freckles and blemishes this stuff will barely cover any of it. You would think that a product called "HD" would deliver better coverage than this! The MUA at Sephora said if you don' use a primer, this will "disappear" at the end of the day. But even with a primer it STILL disappeared. Incredibly disappointed with this product. For me personally if a foundation HAS TO have a primer used with it to do what it's supposed to do is a huge waste of money and a sham. Before primers were invented and became popular, people lived without them. I'm very well versed with make-up and application techniques and even with multiple ways of applying (fingers, foundation brush, beauty blender, stipple brush), and I still had the same results. I really did like how it felt and looked, but for someone who needs more coverage, this is not working for me.

on 5/1/2014 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Sephora on holiday in France and I am in love. I have oily skin with occasional dry patches. I like my foundation full coverage and matte. I usually avoid satin finish as it tends to make me look more oily. This foundation doesn't. The coverage is medium but buildable to full and it makes my skin look really flawless when I buff it in with a brush. It doesn't make my skin look oily and it lasts ALL DAY. I can put it on first thing and by the evening it's still looking pretty solid. I just hope I can find this in the UK.

on 4/30/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First its not that high coverage second it clings to dry patches like crazy so i think people with dry skin won't like this unless they moisturized and exfoliated their skin really well.
But I actually really like it with my skin being normal it stays on pretty well and the 127 matches me perfectly and it looks AMAZING with flash photography. But if you have alot of blemishes I'd say you should get a really good concealer or get another foundation.

Edit: I tried wearing this in summer and it just melts off so please if you have oily skin don't try buying this! The staying power is horrible

on 4/28/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this foundation. It gives my skin a very natural glow and gives me the ability to build on it for different coverages. I either apply it using my fingers or my Make Up Forever 122 brush, but I actually think that using my fingers to apply and blend works better and also saves more of the product. The amount that comes in the bottle I guess is decent for the price. When the pump starts getting harder to dispense it I screw the top off by twisting the base part of the pump and then I kind of bang it on my hand to get the last little bit out, just a helpful tip!

Pros:
Flawless, really does look good in pictures
Has never made me break out (and I have very sensitive skin) or dried my skin.
Looks natural, not cakey.
Does not settle into fine lines.

Cons:
Is stupid expensive
Does not stay 100% perfect all day, sometimes have to reapply

Overall, this is a wonderful foundation and if you are able to shell out the money for it, go for it! Highly recommend.

on 4/21/2014 9:54:00 PM

I can't say that I love this foundation. I feel it is perfect for a night out because it does leave a more satin finish and can become quite oily in a short amount of time if you are not careful with touch ups. The Sephora clerk said that this foundation is perfect for pictures and flash so this is not the everyday foundation, at least for me. I also found that this foundation really brought out my flaws rather than covering them lol Going to continue using until product runs out but would not repurchase any time soon.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG foundation! I apply it with the MAC 187 brush (the stiffling one) and buff it in and it looks flawless and makes my skin look airbrushed. And it doesn't break me out! I only wish it wasn't so pricey

on 4/11/2014 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product, it doesn't give you a full coverage which is perfect for everyday's use, my skin looks really flawless when I apply it with the '' too faced oil free primer " the only problem I face with this product is that it doesn't stay matte for a long time, and you'll start getting greasy especially in the summertime , I don't think I'll repurchase it again because it doesn't suit my oily skin.

on 4/11/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation range, while pretty broad in a lot of ways, really needs to recognize that pale, neutral-undertoned girls exist. I've seen so many wonderful photos of this foundation being worn by various people, and I wanted to try it out, but sadly the lightest shades were either cotton candy pink or lemonade yellow.

on 4/11/2014 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful foundation for day time, I only use this for special occasions or going out. If you have oily skin, it will make you look very shiny in a short period of time. It accentuates imperfections and clogged pores if I leave this on all day. For night time, I don't mind it as much because I'll usually only wear it for a few hours and it's fine. I don't think it's worth the price and I will not repurchase again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials