October 22, 2014 | 1164 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by wateverblahblah

This is so far, one of my favourite foundations reason being,1) it doesn't break me out 2)super good coverage for my blemished skin.I decided to try the HD foundation after using the MUFE super matte loose powder (i love this).I got the shade in #118 which i find one shade too dark for my skin at the moment.(118 is prob my summer shade)
The product does stay on all day on my skin (even in summer) but i have noticed after several hours it does oxidise and leaves a darker look on my skin.
When used with primers,it gives different effects on the skin.I have tried Shu Uemura UV Beige mousse ,hourglass mineral veil primer and a Japanese brand Clearlast makeup base.In comparison,i find it better when i don't put any primers.Only the Japanese brand makeup base leaves the best finish and looks SO GOOD in photos.
I think whatever primer you use with the foundation might affect the results of it overall,so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good foundation. For reference, I'm about an NC20, fair yellow-based asian. My shade in the HD foundation is, 120, which is pretty much perfect, maybe a TOUCH dark but it's basically perfect. I'm combination- I get VERY oily in my T-zone, but flaky & dry in lower jawline & sides of cheeks. Worst combination, ever. -_-

Pros:
- Thin, light consistency
- Easily blended
- Buildable Coverage
- Great shade range
- Doesn't get patchy or accentuate dryness
- Hydrating
- Natural finish

Cons:
- Gets very oily after a few hours, no oil control
-> That subsequently affects longevity. It doesn't become patchy or fade off ungracefully but the oils definitely makes the foundation slide around a bit, even with primer (hourglass) and setting powder (maybelline dream matte).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cakedup82inmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love it.. but it broke me out after one use. I'm glad it was only a sample I was using and I won't be purchasing this. my mom on the other hand loved it and hasn't had any skin problems with it so far. guess its just one of those products that's great for one person and not for another.. another problem for me was the smell. the finish was nice though and the color range is decent. just wish it hadn't been harsh to my skin sensitivity

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I am a huge fan of MUFE and currently use F&B foundation for awhile now with no problems. I was so excited to try this foundation but it was too heavy, left me very cakey and seemed to have broken me out on my chin. I used it for about 4 days and noticed it was making me looking very weird and dull as well as giving me a few pimples. I have stopped all use and returned it back to Sephora. Guess I will stick to my HG F&B

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful; I love that it's medium to full coverage & masks my flaws but it is not heavy, thick or cakey whatsoever. I also love that it's not matte. Even though I can be oily, I don't like the completely matte finishes of most medium/full coverage foundations. And the best news, even though I'm acne prone, this hasn't caused any new breakouts!

I also like to packaging, I do prefer my foundations w/a pump since it's more hygenic, the product lasts longer b/c it's not exposed to air & bacteria, & I find I waste less product (just 2 pumps covers my entire face). I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great!!
satisfying range of colours.
medium coverage, very easily and smoothly buildable.
covers well enough redness and dark circles
not cackey at all, even in sunlight it looks very skin-like.
((the finish i cant describe it, smth between silky and semi-mat..))
photographs great!!no white-cast whatsoever.
holds on for at least 5 hours (depending on weather etc), but even after that it won't crease or show up bad on pores or fine lines..
subtle smell.
very easy-to-use packaging, but pricy for the amount given..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been wanting this foundation for a long time, because I've heard so many people rave about it. I wouldn't purchase it again, but not because it's terrible, i just have so many foundations and i love trying new ones. Plus, it costs a pretty penny. The shade is spot on for me, which can sometimes be hard because I'm quite pale, but not porcelain and most foundations oxidize on my skin. The cap keeps coming off my bottle but since it's a pump it doesn't spill everywhere. I have oily, yet flaky skin that most foundations cake on very easily. I apply this with a damp beauty blender and i add a dollop of moisturizer to sheer it down so it won't cake. I think it looks flawless and lasts all night. My oily skin doesn't show through which is a surprise. It isn't my holy grail, but i certainly do not hate it! Maybe it looks better if you use the whole kit. If someone bought it for me i would use it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Abbyb717

I have been meaning to review this for the longest time. So I bought this about a year ago, and had high expectations - I am the kind of person that always reads and checks reviews in depth before purchasing a cosmetic item. I hate that feeling of buying something (especially when it's on the expensive side) and not liking it. So I researched, weighed the pros and cons, and decided that MUFE's HD foundation was worth the splurge. A year or so later, with an almost empty bottle, I am still not sure what to think about this foundation. I have a love hate relationship with it. On one hand, I really enjoy the finish and the medium coverage (even though it may not fully cover some breakouts I may have, I don't really mind using concealer). It handles photos beautifully, which is what I expect with an HD foundation, so that is always a plus. But I honestly the biggest problem I have with this foundation is I cannot find my shade!! I never read anybody having a problem with the shades. I was perplexed when picking one out. It's always the same problem with foundation for me - either too yellow or too pink. But I was able to find the shade that was the closest to my skin tone. Unfortunately even that shade wasn't close enough for me, it screamed "tomato face!" when I applied it. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just my sick obsession with making sure my foundation looks completely flawless, so I nit pick and find flaws that aren't there. I don't know. For me though, when a shade just isn't right, that's a deal breaker. I was thinking of returning it and getting the next lightest shade, but that one is way too yellow for me! Some people suggested getting two of closest shades that match your skin tone, and mix them together to get the perfect shade. I was thinking about doing that..but I don't really want to pay like 80 dollars for two foundations when I can get ONE that is a whole lot cheaper and that is the right shade for me. I will suck it up and use the rest of my bottle, but I probably won't repurchase. Such a shame! I really enjoy everything else about this foundation but the shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was way too hyped when I bought this and so disappointed when I tried it. It melted-literally in the cold-after only 2 hours on. Yes I have oily skin, but this was ridiculous. Not to mention I needed so much concealer because the coverage was so sheer! It glides on like a dream, but it also melts off the same way: like it was all a dream and I never had anything on in the first place. Returned it next day, not worth that huge pricetag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have used in a good while! Provides pretty good coverage, blends very well and it matches my skintone perfectly. It covers up all my acne scars and smoothes out my skin instantly. In the summer, I use this as an eye concealer to pull off an au naturalle look. You have to be careful with this foundation because it will look cakey if you apply too much and can suffocate your pores which is why I minimally use it. A dime size is good enough when you use it with primer.The main con I have with it is that the pump is irritating and can get clogged overtime. It is worth the money though.