November 28, 2014 | 1391 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2004 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jseah000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

- all this product is, is basically pure shea butter, nothing more, nothing less
- Doesn't moisturise well
- takes effort to apply, need to rub this wax like butter between your hands b4 applying
- Expensive but lasts a very long time
- Unhygienic round metal tin packaging
- Good for lips though

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2004 3:21:00 PM More reviews by louiseypeasy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I won't be without this. Yeah, it's not cheap, and the tin can be a pain to open (though I tend to like the style of l'Occitane's packaging in general). But it's good for some really important basic stuff: lip balm, dry chapped elbows, dry cracked heels, cuticle cream, etc., etc. My biggest testimonial: I had a 3rd degree burn on the palm of my hand, and had emergency room treatment. Once the dressing and xeroform were removed, I applied this shea butter several times a day. The skin returned to normal *very* quickly, and not a trace of a scar. I think l'Occitane's is the best pure shea butter available, and while it's not good for everything (like hair!) it's excellent for extreme situations.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2004 1:14:00 AM More reviews by foscolo

This is simply the best lip balm. The big tin of it is the best deal, but it can be very hard to spread. I like to carry the small tins around in my pocket, and the body heat makes it much easier to spread.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 8:10:00 PM More reviews by GreenWoman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful shea butter. It's so smooth instead of grainy like so many others. While this adds some moisture, I've found that it's best used as a barrier to keep moisture in. The last time I was out in the snow this saved me from getting windburned.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 3:46:00 PM More reviews by whooey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate hate hate the smell. I can't stand it on my lips and it made them worse. I will use this up as a cuticle cream (I really need one right now) but I will not be rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by cinina230

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the best- i use it as lip balm, eye cream, cuticle cream (i like it better than l'occitane's cuticle cream), on my elbows, feet, everywhere! The only thing is don't leave it in the car- it melts. Love it. Also, the cheaper shea butters have that weird chalky smell and l'occitane's doesnt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 11:08:00 AM More reviews by laureg

i got a little tin of this on my last trip to l'occitane. this stuff is very good for chapped lips- the kind that are so chapped that they sting like crazy. this is also nice for ragged cuticles, and to put on healing wounds to help speed healing. it IS pricey, but a little goes a long way. this product is thick and waxy, but warming it between your fingers for a few seconds helps. if they could package it in a tube, though, it would likely be a more sanitary solution, as it takes a while to use this stuff up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by neverquiteknow

I have tried both the 100% shea butter lip balm and the 10% one. I prefer the 10% balm. It's glides on smoother and hydrates wonderfully. It's a bit pricey at ten dollars but my lips have never looked better. I am addicted to this stuff. I found the pure shea balm to be too waxy and cakey. It hydrates for about ten minutes and then stops working. I use it for my cuticles now and it is doing a great job. So four stars for the 10% balm!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2004 10:24:00 AM More reviews by chocolateneedles

I didn't buy this L'occitane Shea Butter. What I have done is tried it in the shop a couple of times and hated it every time.

I'd really like to know how greasy lip balms are meant to be moisturizing. The Body Shop has some popular lipbalms such as the Cocoa Butter one but I found them to be ineffective, possibly even drying. Greasy lip balms just stay on my lips, making it super annoying.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2004 4:47:00 AM More reviews by maruja

Useless. Very greasy, but when it does sink in the skin feels dry again. The packaging is terrible, I only like it's retro style. Far too expensive, I have only used about 1/10 of the jar, it is very impractical.