L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

on 8/13/2004 10:38:00 AM

I've had better, but it does the trick i suppose. it does feel greasy like, and the taste is almost purfumey,..something strong.. like sunblock tasting too. its not awful, just not something i'd buy again and again

on 8/11/2004 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As a lipbalm -this is the ultimate best. It cured my dry, cracked, bleeding (ouch) lips in an instant and doesn't leave any waxy feeling. Feels absolutely natural to have on, this is the best lipbalm I've ever tried and I've tried my fair share!
$8 CAD for a small tin is not bad considering how long it lasts, however, I usually by the large tin (better value) and use that as a lipbalm. It ought to last 1-2 years!

on 8/6/2004 10:16:00 AM

- all this product is, is basically pure shea butter, nothing more, nothing less
- Doesn't moisturise well
- takes effort to apply, need to rub this wax like butter between your hands b4 applying
- Expensive but lasts a very long time
- Unhygienic round metal tin packaging
- Good for lips though

on 7/30/2004 3:21:00 PM

I won't be without this. Yeah, it's not cheap, and the tin can be a pain to open (though I tend to like the style of l'Occitane's packaging in general). But it's good for some really important basic stuff: lip balm, dry chapped elbows, dry cracked heels, cuticle cream, etc., etc. My biggest testimonial: I had a 3rd degree burn on the palm of my hand, and had emergency room treatment. Once the dressing and xeroform were removed, I applied this shea butter several times a day. The skin returned to normal *very* quickly, and not a trace of a scar. I think l'Occitane's is the best pure shea butter available, and while it's not good for everything (like hair!) it's excellent for extreme situations.

on 7/19/2004 1:14:00 AM

This is simply the best lip balm. The big tin of it is the best deal, but it can be very hard to spread. I like to carry the small tins around in my pocket, and the body heat makes it much easier to spread.

on 7/6/2004 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a wonderful shea butter. It's so smooth instead of grainy like so many others. While this adds some moisture, I've found that it's best used as a barrier to keep moisture in. The last time I was out in the snow this saved me from getting windburned.

on 6/28/2004 3:46:00 PM

I hate hate hate the smell. I can't stand it on my lips and it made them worse. I will use this up as a cuticle cream (I really need one right now) but I will not be rebuying.

on 6/2/2004 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

the best- i use it as lip balm, eye cream, cuticle cream (i like it better than l'occitane's cuticle cream), on my elbows, feet, everywhere! The only thing is don't leave it in the car- it melts. Love it. Also, the cheaper shea butters have that weird chalky smell and l'occitane's doesnt.

on 6/1/2004 11:08:00 AM

i got a little tin of this on my last trip to l'occitane. this stuff is very good for chapped lips- the kind that are so chapped that they sting like crazy. this is also nice for ragged cuticles, and to put on healing wounds to help speed healing. it IS pricey, but a little goes a long way. this product is thick and waxy, but warming it between your fingers for a few seconds helps. if they could package it in a tube, though, it would likely be a more sanitary solution, as it takes a while to use this stuff up.

I have tried both the 100% shea butter lip balm and the 10% one. I prefer the 10% balm. It's glides on smoother and hydrates wonderfully. It's a bit pricey at ten dollars but my lips have never looked better. I am addicted to this stuff. I found the pure shea balm to be too waxy and cakey. It hydrates for about ten minutes and then stops working. I use it for my cuticles now and it is doing a great job. So four stars for the 10% balm!