October 25, 2014 | 1504 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pretty disappointed with Almost Powder Makeup. I prefer compact foundations (powder or cream), that provide light/medium coverage and don't transfer. The reviews on Almost Powder Makeup seemed promising, so I stopped by the Clinique counter at the mall to give it a try. For $25, I was a little skeptical about buying it, but their return policy was forgiving so I went ahead and bought it. It comes in a sleek, green marble compact with a large mirror inside. The puff is better quality than drugstore compacts, but I'd only use it for touchups. I buffed with a kabuki, but my skin still looked powdery and flakey. The coverage is ok, it concealed redness and acne scars fairly well. The staying power is almost non-existant. I applied around 1:00, and by 3:00 it was almost gone. I'd end up reapplying five times a day and going through compact after compact. At $25 a pop, that's not something I can afford.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my 2nd one of these and absolutely love it. I am obsessed with finding the best face products for my combo, acne-prone skin with a lot to cover and this is the best powder foundation/pressed powder I have found.

First of all, I am thrilled to have been able to find a great color match as most Clinique face products make me look like an Oompa Loompa. Fair is perfect for my NC15 skintone. I apply using my beloved Too Faced Kabuki brush, and use the enclosed sponge only for touchups on the go. Coverage is light-medium depending on your application method. I get great medium yet natural looking coverage when I use my kabuki brush. This only looks cakey if you really overapply and then whose fault is that? :) I used this successfully when I had combo skin last summer and now with dry skin in the fall/winter as I am now on Accutane. I apply this after using Revlon Colorstay as a concealer to cover red marks and blemishes and it looks great over both bare skin and foundation/concealer. This also never breaks me out and doesn't feel heavy.

The only con is that it does not have any oil-control at all, but I prefer to blot during the day with blot papers and MAC Blot pressed powder since my skin tends to get flaky in spots. I would much rather use Almost Powder and have glowy smooth skin and risk getting oily during the day then start out the day with a mattifying powder that may dry my skin out. I love Almost Powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by skeptiqs

i use this ontop of my city base compact because the city base is a cream... so sometimes it can give a little shine.. so i use it ontop to make it matte.. but not too matte ! this gives you a very natural feel to the skin! it feels really light ! sometimes i forget im wearing makeup and i rub my face .. and amazingly it never rubs off ! it's very affordable ! i gave it a 4 because it does contain talc in its ingredients.. it's kinda a turn-off for sensitive skin like mines.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by chacha30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder foundation. Love, love, love. The finish is quite natural: not powdery. Lasting power is good. I would say it's medium coverage. Has spf. What else do I love about it? Even the ugly green Clinique compact makes me happy because of what's in it. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sayJENN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder now. :) I have it in 03 Light Originally when I bought it in June for foundation use, it was just a shade too light, and I couldn't stand it. Not to mention, it has light coverage - but it is a powder, so it's reasonable. I decided to put it away for later use.

Now it's October and this shade pairs amazingly with my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer. The texture is so soft and kind of silky, I love it! I just apply it with a sponge and then buff with a powder brush and it's just enough coverage to look natural for school! :) I have super oily skin and this works really well. It's now been ... about a good 17 hours, and I do not blot throughout the day (I know, how can I stand it!?) and my face just glows, with the exception of my nose - which is shiny. It isn't too bad though. Not sure if I'll repurchase immediately when I run out yet, but I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by shuzo

Bought this as I wanted a powder that would give fairly light coverage for my dry-combo-spot-prone skin. I always moisturise well before putting any makeup on as I know powder can definitely make it look drier. I usually use mineral makeup but wanted to try a 'normal' powder so I got this in shade 3 I think. It comes with a sponge which is separated from the powder by a little plastic sheet, but I never used this to apply it. I always use a powder brush and keep the sponge with it for top-ups throughout the day as needed. It lasted fairly well all day and the coverage was good too (over concealer for the annoying bits of course) and I think it's a good product. I like trying new products when older ones finish so I'll probably try a different powder product to see if I can find better but this is one I'll remember I can use without much trouble.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by chanteuselaur

I asked for the lightest coverage powder at the Clinique counter, and this powder is horrible. It's cakey, and my skin looks ten years older with it on. I won't be using it again. It is obviously the saleswoman's mistake, because I told her specificallly not to give me a combination powder foundation, and that is what she did. I was short on time. I hope she will return this because I am extremely unsatisfied with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I love powder foundation - it's fast, easy, and compitable with my oily, acne-prone skin. This stuff is great on top of Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer. All day coverage with no oily breakthrough. I agree with all the other posters - toss the sponge that comes with this and get a good brush. The coverage is buildable and believable and this formula doesn't break me out. I was using Prescriptives Anywear but this is far superior. It seems like its more finely milled or something because the finish is much more natural looking and comes the closest to flawless skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product was great, but you have to apply to get good coverage, the thing I didn't like about it, is that applying more equals cakey look. Didn't like that very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by HazelStone

I bought this prodcut because I was looking for a foundation that would give me good coverage (because of my breakouts) and is also very light. The color matched my skin perfectly but it didnt give me the coverage i needed. It didnt give me much coverage...actually HARDLY ANY COVERAGE.Not only did it not give me coverage it also wore of easily and gave me more breakouts.
I wouldn't reccomend this product to anyone.