September 18, 2014 | 1909 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by skeptiqs

i use this ontop of my city base compact because the city base is a cream... so sometimes it can give a little shine.. so i use it ontop to make it matte.. but not too matte ! this gives you a very natural feel to the skin! it feels really light ! sometimes i forget im wearing makeup and i rub my face .. and amazingly it never rubs off ! it's very affordable ! i gave it a 4 because it does contain talc in its ingredients.. it's kinda a turn-off for sensitive skin like mines.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by chacha30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder foundation. Love, love, love. The finish is quite natural: not powdery. Lasting power is good. I would say it's medium coverage. Has spf. What else do I love about it? Even the ugly green Clinique compact makes me happy because of what's in it. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sayJENN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder now. :) I have it in 03 Light Originally when I bought it in June for foundation use, it was just a shade too light, and I couldn't stand it. Not to mention, it has light coverage - but it is a powder, so it's reasonable. I decided to put it away for later use.

Now it's October and this shade pairs amazingly with my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer. The texture is so soft and kind of silky, I love it! I just apply it with a sponge and then buff with a powder brush and it's just enough coverage to look natural for school! :) I have super oily skin and this works really well. It's now been ... about a good 17 hours, and I do not blot throughout the day (I know, how can I stand it!?) and my face just glows, with the exception of my nose - which is shiny. It isn't too bad though. Not sure if I'll repurchase immediately when I run out yet, but I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by shuzo

Bought this as I wanted a powder that would give fairly light coverage for my dry-combo-spot-prone skin. I always moisturise well before putting any makeup on as I know powder can definitely make it look drier. I usually use mineral makeup but wanted to try a 'normal' powder so I got this in shade 3 I think. It comes with a sponge which is separated from the powder by a little plastic sheet, but I never used this to apply it. I always use a powder brush and keep the sponge with it for top-ups throughout the day as needed. It lasted fairly well all day and the coverage was good too (over concealer for the annoying bits of course) and I think it's a good product. I like trying new products when older ones finish so I'll probably try a different powder product to see if I can find better but this is one I'll remember I can use without much trouble.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by chanteuselaur

I asked for the lightest coverage powder at the Clinique counter, and this powder is horrible. It's cakey, and my skin looks ten years older with it on. I won't be using it again. It is obviously the saleswoman's mistake, because I told her specificallly not to give me a combination powder foundation, and that is what she did. I was short on time. I hope she will return this because I am extremely unsatisfied with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I love powder foundation - it's fast, easy, and compitable with my oily, acne-prone skin. This stuff is great on top of Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer. All day coverage with no oily breakthrough. I agree with all the other posters - toss the sponge that comes with this and get a good brush. The coverage is buildable and believable and this formula doesn't break me out. I was using Prescriptives Anywear but this is far superior. It seems like its more finely milled or something because the finish is much more natural looking and comes the closest to flawless skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product was great, but you have to apply to get good coverage, the thing I didn't like about it, is that applying more equals cakey look. Didn't like that very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by HazelStone

I bought this prodcut because I was looking for a foundation that would give me good coverage (because of my breakouts) and is also very light. The color matched my skin perfectly but it didnt give me the coverage i needed. It didnt give me much coverage...actually HARDLY ANY COVERAGE.Not only did it not give me coverage it also wore of easily and gave me more breakouts.
I wouldn't reccomend this product to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by karamino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried today a sample in the 04 neutral shade (I have medium skin tone)and it looked like I had nothing on my skin, it didnt cover the shine nor the uneven tone on my skin, I was disappointed when I saw the result, so good that it was just a sample (actually I did use 2 wanting to build up coverage but without success).

UPDATE; Well, I have given it another try but this time with my MAC 109 and the result is much better but somehow Im not really conviced about it..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Alright, this is in the Pole Position to become my new HG Foundation. The MAC SFF I used to have is neat but doesn't take on my oil too well. I have sensitive combination skin and a really oily t-zone, so by early afternoon it usually starts to look flakey. Hence I now went back to Clinique. Their powders don't keep me matte all day either, but usually stay put at least. I wanted to try the Almost Make up ever since it got out, like, two years ago so on friday I finally gave in and got a compact. First things first: This is available in really light shades, which is fairly new and definitely an improvement. I'm an NC15 girl, to speak in MAC terms, and usually there's nothing light enough for me. I bought the Almost Make up in "Fair 01" and it's an exact match! Wonderful. For us European people it comes at a hefty price: 30 , which is a bummer. But anyway, who cares as long as it's for the perfect foundation. The Almost Make up doesn't deliver full coverage like MAC's SFF but it is buildable to an extent without ever looking cakey or unnatural. Infact, its powdery finish is the best trait about this: It leaves behind a poreless and airbrushed finish - simply flawless skin. Wow! After testing so many different foundations, I thought I had seen it all. It also provides a beautiful, radiant, healthy glow and doesn't look dull or dead at all. It can be used instead of a concealer selectively as well, like when you want to cover up spots and such. The skin feels soft and smooth to the touch. I applied this using a Kabuki brush, btw, I'm not so sure if I would try this with a normal powder brush or the included one that comes with the compact. I do feel it needs to be 'worked into' the skin like mineral foundation usually does. This is based on minerals, afterall (75% according to Clinique), but it's not nearly as messy as applying loose mineral foundation. God bless pressed powders!
Anyway, I didn't get shiny until afternoon and it doesn't become flakey at all. So I guess we have a winner, eventually. Of course I can't say anything about long term use right now, but I'll update about that. For now I am perfectly happy with this little gem, since it makes my skin look fabulous, is the right colour, comes with SPF(!!) and has better lasting power than MAC. Hooray! Will buy again.