Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

This is the best mascara I've ever used, and I've tried TONS to find one I was satisfied with. It is the ONLY one that's actually clump free! Those no clump plastic brushes work well at first, but after awhile they get too much mascara stuck to them, and then they're more clumpy than regular brushes. I've even tried washing them, but it doesn't work. The formula of this mascara is moisturizing, it just feels different on your lashes. If you use a lash comb after you apply it, it works beautifully; it doesn't feel like you're tugging at your lashes like with other mascaras. And it's not so light that it looks no different than before you put it on. You can get a very natural or dramatic look depending on how much you apply. My HG after many clumpy, stiff mascaras.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have to start out this review by saying that I admit I am a mascara snob. All of my favorite mascaras (until this one) were the spendy department store brands. I tried the cheapies and never liked any of them. I think this is my new favorite mascara! I have both the black and brown black. It is really nice, not at all dry, and the colors are good. It is dramatic but not lumpy and it doesn't flake or bother my eyes. It makes my lashes look much thicker and it doesn't cost a lot (especially when you are used to ridiculous $20+ mascara); now I can actually replace it every 6 months, as recommended. I thought I wouldn't like the big huge brush, but I have to say it is just fine with this product, it works great.
This is a winner and I would have given it 5 lippies but it smudges easily with water. I know it isn't supposed to be waterproof, but no mascara is ever perfect enough for me, what can I say?
Oh, and it seems to make my lashes curl too - in the good way. Maybe it is worth 5 lippies...
Someone posted that they had reviewed it for a magazine and it was awful. Maybe it was changed before it went on the market?

I have thin but med.length lashes. I need volume but not clumps.
I was previously using Lash Discovery but found it just did not look like I was wearing mascara after a couple of hours. This mascara is great-gives volume without that hard crispy look. I use a coat of HV on each lash and follow with a coat of Lash discovery to get to all lashes. After these coats are dry ; I follow with lash curler. My lashes look great and stay that way!!
Use brown/black but wish had a brown shade as my lashes are light brown and blonde at base.
Update 10/09--Still love this. Switched to black and have omitted lash curler step. I still follow HV with a coat of Lash Discovery. Someone asked me if I was using Latisse yesterday. Love this mascara!

This mascara didn't do much for me. I was intrigued by it's good for you ingredients and thought I'd give it a try. The brush is really big which wasn't a problem for me. But this didn't give me any volume whatsoever. If anything my lashes looked clumped together and sparse after a few coats. It also smudges under the eyes after awhile. On the plus side, it does leave your lashes soft and not crunchy. I think this mascara is best if you're only trying to darken your lashes to achieve that natural look. But if you're looking for some dramatic results, this is not for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I reviewed this product for Allure magazine a bit ago and was surprised to see it advertised & on the market considering 90% of the testers hated it. I think the brush is huge, almost too big to really get at each lash. Hardly any product actually goes on the lash so you have to do a million coats. It wasn't even hot & humid & it went raccoony on me by 2 pm. It's like the old last tint with a fat brush, basically. Save your money.

Great Mascara! possibly my HG. i bougt this a while back, brainwashed i'll admit, by all the pretty words Neutogena spat out about this having natural ingredients. i was shocked when i got home and realized that the brush was HUGE! but when i tried it on i fell in love. this mascara gave me incredibly beautiful, thick, long lashes with a lovely curl. all from two coats, yet they still look natural.
For all these reasons obviously, i will continue buying this. i also like that it contains olive oil and sweet almond oil, cause i'm always a sucker for things like that. lol. the only problem i have with this is that it's a bit pricey, i think i paid $8-9 for it.... :-/

I fully recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

First of all, let me say that I bought this at a BOGO from Ulta. Secondly, I thought I had found my HG in 100 percent pure mascara, but it does tend to smudge a bit in high humidity, plus with the current economy, I can't justify paying shipping and handling from QVC. . I find this to be a good alternative, and it's the first mascara I've ever used (besides the 100 percent pure) that doesn't result in "crispy", stiff lashes and lashes falling out. It's very reasonably priced, doesn't have a bad odor, makes my lashes look pretty and defined without clumping or looking fake. In spite of having two coats on today, I can reach up and touch my lashes and they feel nice and soft and "conditioned", for lack of a better word. In fact, they feel even better and more natural than when I was using the 100 percent pure. Very nice mascara and I'm very pleased with it. (I NEVER wear mascara on my lower lashes, so any flaking that occured would come from the top lashes, and so far, that has not been a problem.)

I'm in love. It doesn't flake, doesn't come off in weird places (like the top of my eyelid), defines all of my lashes, curls (omg), no clumps, looks natural or more dramatic depending on how much you put on, and it moisturized my lashes. Love. I also like the big brush. Takes some getting used to, but worth it.
It is a little hard to get off in the shower, I guess that's the oil. I don't use a makeup remove though, that may help. It also doesn't retain all of its length and volume all day, I'd add an extra coat after work if I were going out somewhere nice. I can deal with that though. Mine took about 2.5-3 months to get dry enough I couldn't use it...which helps me to remember to throw it out. =P The formula is dryer than, say, Full and Soft, but it wasn't bothersome and I prefer the results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it's not as good as my fullnsoft, but it's up there. it doesn't clump, doesn't make lashes feel brittle, and it smells nice! i love the silver sleek tube, too. i just hate the HUGE brush. it's hard to use.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have a hard time finding mascara because it always ends up under my eyes. This one is probably up there with one of the worst! Looked completely natural on me anyway and it was clumpy.

Popular Mascaras