September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by juldougherty

As soon as I saw an ad for this mascara in cosmo, I ran out and got it. I'm always afraid that I'm ruining my lashes by using so so much mascara, and this seemed like a promising product to use to combat that without getting rid of my mascara obsession alltogether. I was a little skeptical and thought that it was too good to be true. I definitely didn't think it could nourish AND make my lashes look good at the same time, but it does just that. The brush is a little big, so it took some getting used to, but I really love it now. It never, ever flakes and doesn't run even though it has the oils in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by wintercranium

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews for Healthy Volume I decided to go out and buy it for myself. I like the idea of olive oil and sweet almond oil to nourish my lashes although I was skeptical, thinking the mascara would be greasy and slip off. The big, full, fluffy mascara brushes I found a while ago are really what work for me so that is what also attracted me to this product.

I was also worried that since this mascara doesn't come in waterproof and because of the oils it would smudge and run all over my eyes over time. But no, ma'am! It's didn't! Not even after wearing it all day in hot weather while sweating it up a bit. I applied the mascara to my lower lashes, btw, so it was great to see no dark rings on my lower lids! All other mascaras I tried, including Great Lash, ended up leaving marks on my lower lids. But not this.

I got this a couple of days ago and have worn it for 2 days, all day. I must say I really like this! It defines my lashes with separation and a nice blackness. I don't care for extreme curling qualities in a mascara, as long as it lifts my lashes enough to "open up" my eyes and not have them obscuring them.
This mascara lengthens, defines, and adds a nice volume. It makes a difference in a nice way.. dramatic but natural. It's interesting! If I want a bit more punch I put on another coat or 2 and it doesn't clump and still looks nice, never overdone!
It also smells pleasant and calming and feels great going on and staying on.

I bought the carbon black shade. My lashes are a good length, soft and somewhat thin. They are a light brown and blonde at the tips. They are naturally curled to a certain degree.

I recommend this mascara to anyone that wants a healthy mascara that feels great and does a good job. I'd wear this to classes and even formal events since it is versatile IMO, depending on how many coats you choose to apply. But for formal events and for days at the beach or by the pool, etc., I'd prefer a waterproof version, just in case, as this mascara does wash off fairly well with soap and water. So, one lippy off for that :]

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by DIVA_HW

After reading the reviews here, I almost have to ask myself if someone slipped a different mascara into my tube because I thought this product was garbage. I consider myself a self-proclaimed mascara aficionado. I love trying any and every mascara out there! I decided to try this product when CVS had it on special for $1.99. Thank goodness that is all I wasted on this product. This mascara gave me zero volume and zero length. It did nothing to hold the curl in my lashes after using my Shu curler. My lashes actually looked sparse and clumpy... and it is the worst mascara for flaking! I put my makeup on, and by the time I was ready to leave my house an hour later, I had flakes all over my entire face! Yuck! Although the brush is nice, that is the ONLY positive thing I have to say about this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by electricflor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best drugstore mascaras in my opinion. I used this for about a year, and it made my lashes look almost like they were falsies. It gave great volume without being clumpy, and it never smudged or flaked. I also love the concept of a mascara that's good for your lashes. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara! what attracted me to it was that is is healthy for your lashes containing olive oil. the brush is exactly like diorshow. i love big brushes. with a one or two coats i get natural looking black lashes, but with a few more coats i get huge bold lashes! and my lashes are even soft, not crunchy or spikey! it removes easily with water and i dont get raccoon eyes. i finally found a DS mascara that works as well as my beloved diorshow, but a fraction of the price! my trick is that i apply it to the tips of my lashes and then when it dries i apply it to my entire lash and then i go over it as many times as it takes for dramatic lashes. and then when it is dry, i go over the tips again. this helps to add length so this way i get both, length and volume. i like this a lot and i would definately repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by PinkGlossed

I love this mascara. It's inexpensive and adds nice length and volume. Also, it doesn't make your lashes "crunchy" and doesn't flake off like other mascaras do. Best drugstore mascara I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This mascara is similar to Maybelline Full 'n Soft, only I like the Neutrogena version a little bit better. It is a natural-looking mascara, and does not leave my lashes looking or feeling crunchy. I will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara for people who don't like looking like they wear a lot of makeup. What really drew me into buying Healthy Volume was the ingredients and the advertising. Olive and Sweet Almond Oil are supposed to nourish your eyelashes, and build them from the inside out. When I put this on, I definitely did see and feel a difference. My lashes weren't "crunchy", but instead they felt healthy and plush. Very soft. They also looked great because the pigment is a believable black so that it doesn't look overdone, just healthy. I don't use an eyelash curler for this, or any other product such as primer because this does the curling and priming for you. The oils nourish, and the formula curls your lashes right up. I really like this mascara, because when I put it on, it just opens up my blue eyes and looks flawless. I also love the packaging, too. The sleek silver tube looks very sophisticated, and you can slide it right in your bag without having to worry about the mess. The big brush is a plus, too. Washes off with a damp tissue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Selene15

wow, i am very pleasantly surprised how much i love this mascara!
its prefect for an everyday look. it gives a nice boost to lashes. and adds subtle length.
and my lashes still feel soft to the touch. unlike LashBlast which made me feel crunchy.
and i think the clean silver tube looks pretty good to.

super natural and pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by HaileyCosmic

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. My only complaint is that it tends to ball up/clump onto the brush while sitting in the tube. So I have to wipe it off before using it. If forget I get a few flaky bits. Other than that the mascara is amazing. One coat and it looks natural. Two coats gives a enhanced look and 3 coats give a dramatic look. My lashes never clump together and they alway look full yet soft. I've been known to have over 20 mascaras at one time. I have tossed them all and only use this now.