Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

on 8/13/2008 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I reviewed this product for Allure magazine a bit ago and was surprised to see it advertised & on the market considering 90% of the testers hated it. I think the brush is huge, almost too big to really get at each lash. Hardly any product actually goes on the lash so you have to do a million coats. It wasn't even hot & humid & it went raccoony on me by 2 pm. It's like the old last tint with a fat brush, basically. Save your money.

on 8/12/2008 11:50:00 AM

Great Mascara! possibly my HG. i bougt this a while back, brainwashed i'll admit, by all the pretty words Neutogena spat out about this having natural ingredients. i was shocked when i got home and realized that the brush was HUGE! but when i tried it on i fell in love. this mascara gave me incredibly beautiful, thick, long lashes with a lovely curl. all from two coats, yet they still look natural.
For all these reasons obviously, i will continue buying this. i also like that it contains olive oil and sweet almond oil, cause i'm always a sucker for things like that. lol. the only problem i have with this is that it's a bit pricey, i think i paid $8-9 for it.... :-/

I fully recommend this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

First of all, let me say that I bought this at a BOGO from Ulta. Secondly, I thought I had found my HG in 100 percent pure mascara, but it does tend to smudge a bit in high humidity, plus with the current economy, I can't justify paying shipping and handling from QVC. . I find this to be a good alternative, and it's the first mascara I've ever used (besides the 100 percent pure) that doesn't result in "crispy", stiff lashes and lashes falling out. It's very reasonably priced, doesn't have a bad odor, makes my lashes look pretty and defined without clumping or looking fake. In spite of having two coats on today, I can reach up and touch my lashes and they feel nice and soft and "conditioned", for lack of a better word. In fact, they feel even better and more natural than when I was using the 100 percent pure. Very nice mascara and I'm very pleased with it. (I NEVER wear mascara on my lower lashes, so any flaking that occured would come from the top lashes, and so far, that has not been a problem.)

I'm in love. It doesn't flake, doesn't come off in weird places (like the top of my eyelid), defines all of my lashes, curls (omg), no clumps, looks natural or more dramatic depending on how much you put on, and it moisturized my lashes. Love. I also like the big brush. Takes some getting used to, but worth it.
It is a little hard to get off in the shower, I guess that's the oil. I don't use a makeup remove though, that may help. It also doesn't retain all of its length and volume all day, I'd add an extra coat after work if I were going out somewhere nice. I can deal with that though. Mine took about 2.5-3 months to get dry enough I couldn't use it...which helps me to remember to throw it out. =P The formula is dryer than, say, Full and Soft, but it wasn't bothersome and I prefer the results.

on 8/8/2008 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it's not as good as my fullnsoft, but it's up there. it doesn't clump, doesn't make lashes feel brittle, and it smells nice! i love the silver sleek tube, too. i just hate the HUGE brush. it's hard to use.

on 8/7/2008 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have a hard time finding mascara because it always ends up under my eyes. This one is probably up there with one of the worst! Looked completely natural on me anyway and it was clumpy.

As soon as I saw an ad for this mascara in cosmo, I ran out and got it. I'm always afraid that I'm ruining my lashes by using so so much mascara, and this seemed like a promising product to use to combat that without getting rid of my mascara obsession alltogether. I was a little skeptical and thought that it was too good to be true. I definitely didn't think it could nourish AND make my lashes look good at the same time, but it does just that. The brush is a little big, so it took some getting used to, but I really love it now. It never, ever flakes and doesn't run even though it has the oils in it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews for Healthy Volume I decided to go out and buy it for myself. I like the idea of olive oil and sweet almond oil to nourish my lashes although I was skeptical, thinking the mascara would be greasy and slip off. The big, full, fluffy mascara brushes I found a while ago are really what work for me so that is what also attracted me to this product.

I was also worried that since this mascara doesn't come in waterproof and because of the oils it would smudge and run all over my eyes over time. But no, ma'am! It's didn't! Not even after wearing it all day in hot weather while sweating it up a bit. I applied the mascara to my lower lashes, btw, so it was great to see no dark rings on my lower lids! All other mascaras I tried, including Great Lash, ended up leaving marks on my lower lids. But not this.

I got this a couple of days ago and have worn it for 2 days, all day. I must say I really like this! It defines my lashes with separation and a nice blackness. I don't care for extreme curling qualities in a mascara, as long as it lifts my lashes enough to "open up" my eyes and not have them obscuring them.
This mascara lengthens, defines, and adds a nice volume. It makes a difference in a nice way.. dramatic but natural. It's interesting! If I want a bit more punch I put on another coat or 2 and it doesn't clump and still looks nice, never overdone!
It also smells pleasant and calming and feels great going on and staying on.

I bought the carbon black shade. My lashes are a good length, soft and somewhat thin. They are a light brown and blonde at the tips. They are naturally curled to a certain degree.

I recommend this mascara to anyone that wants a healthy mascara that feels great and does a good job. I'd wear this to classes and even formal events since it is versatile IMO, depending on how many coats you choose to apply. But for formal events and for days at the beach or by the pool, etc., I'd prefer a waterproof version, just in case, as this mascara does wash off fairly well with soap and water. So, one lippy off for that :]

on 8/1/2008 1:48:00 PM

After reading the reviews here, I almost have to ask myself if someone slipped a different mascara into my tube because I thought this product was garbage. I consider myself a self-proclaimed mascara aficionado. I love trying any and every mascara out there! I decided to try this product when CVS had it on special for $1.99. Thank goodness that is all I wasted on this product. This mascara gave me zero volume and zero length. It did nothing to hold the curl in my lashes after using my Shu curler. My lashes actually looked sparse and clumpy... and it is the worst mascara for flaking! I put my makeup on, and by the time I was ready to leave my house an hour later, I had flakes all over my entire face! Yuck! Although the brush is nice, that is the ONLY positive thing I have to say about this mascara.

on 7/25/2008 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best drugstore mascaras in my opinion. I used this for about a year, and it made my lashes look almost like they were falsies. It gave great volume without being clumpy, and it never smudged or flaked. I also love the concept of a mascara that's good for your lashes. :)

Popular Mascaras