August 23, 2014 | 1811 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

thought this powder was all right, until Make Up For Ever came along. in comparison, Chanel loose powder doesnt seem to be fine enough and it tends to just sit on top of my makeup. wont repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2005 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Statichristy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was beyond amazed upon reading these reviews. I bought it several years ago and still have most of it. Simply because it is the most awful powder I have ever bought. The only reason I do not simply throw it away is because I do enjoy their packaging. It is scratchy, and not finely-milled to how it should be. Regardless if I use a Chanel puff or a large brush, it does not feel smooth, and the mattefying effect does not last as long as with other good powders. Even a woman who works for Chanel agreed with me that their powders and foundations are for old women with very dry skin. I have never again wavered away from my dear EL So Ingenious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I like this powder very much but do not see much of a big difference between this and other loose powders. This is a very versatile powder and can be applied several times throughout the day and it will not crease or look unnatural. I break out all the time, but this powder did not give me zits and i find it actually helps to control and cover them up! There are tiny little shimmers which gives it a nice sheer satin finish and does a good job absorbing sebum/oil. It's a lil on the expensive side (50$CAD) but i guess that's what you expect from Chanel! Overall, it's a very nice powder, but i'm sure you can achieve similar results if you do not want to cash in the $$$!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sodapopgirl

I am very picky about makeup and I love this powder. Alot of times loose powder looks chalky and this "definitly" does not. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Delinit

This is expensive, but will last a while. Best powder I've ever tried. Used over double perfection, it makes my skin looks perfect forever. It stays on, doesn't look cakey, and blends wonderfully. The foundation lasts longer, my skin seems more even, pores seem smaller, and my face stays velvety matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Powder_Puff

I wear this everyday, even on days where I'm not wearing makeup just to get rid of shine and it's my HG product. I gave the price rating a 2 because I bought this about a year ago and it's still about 65% full with everyday use. The packaging is beautiful and the applicator works so well. I've never tried any other powder (this was my first one) but I don't think I would experiment with others when this one goes out.....which I expect to be another 2 years

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Twinklynn

i luv tis powder.~~!! e feelin is juz so nice. and definately it looks really nice too. luv chanel's classy packaging.~!! juz makes me feels more.. ehm~~ classy? haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 11:11:00 PM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so very happy to have discovered this luxurious silky powder. I agree with everything that cynderella724 says below. I too have N/D skin (more dry than normal this time of year) and I had come to the conclusion that I could not use powder. Until now! I am LLL/FFF Cool Toned, mid-forties and I use Translucent 1. It has no yellow/orange undertones and disappears completely as a setting powder to Vitalumiere Liquid (1.8 for reference) and cream blushes. This leaves my skin looking & feeling flawless throughout the entire day & into the evening! I purchased the pressed powder compact for touch-ups, however I don't need to touch up this time of year. I'm thinking that perhaps I will in the humid summer months? Previously I have tried Becca, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, T LeClerc, Dior, Estee Lauder, Lancome & a few others. They all settled in fine lines, looked chalky, or too yellow & fake, and definitely made my skin look drier & flakier than it actually is. I had begun to feel like a fool for seeking powder in the first place. Thanks to MUA boards & reviews I have found a powder that performs beautifully for me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2004 9:54:00 AM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everything you would expect from Chanel! Very finely milled and sets my makeup to perfection. I am using Clair Translucent 1, which looks ever so slightly pinky/peach in the container yet disappears on the skin leaving a soft, candlelit type of glow. Looks elegant on my vanity. I can't say enough about this wonderful powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice powder and it last quite awhile