Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 3/3/2006 6:14:00 AM

Excellent quality - finely milled, sheer translucent coverage, matt finish (but not chalky), glam packaging, huge tub, lovely soft sponge, but i prefer to apply with a kabuki brush for sheerer coverage. Once all my MU has settled (after about 30mins) my skin looks more glowy and less made-up. I usually need to blot away the oil (I have combo/sensitive acne-prone skin) around midday, then touch-up with pressed powder early evening. If I applied this l/p with a sponge in the morning, I find that touching up with pressed powder later on always makes my skin look cakey. Applying with a large powder brush or kabuki prevents this.

good loose powder over my makeup (lancome teint idol ultra). doesnīt fake the color, keeps the skin matte for a long time and feels good. itīs not a wow effect,b but still the best translucent powder I`ve used. and it lasts for ever, so the price is ok for what you get.

on 1/13/2006 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i'm using 20 Clair & at SGD 64...its expensive. But, its good! to me, it is better than shu uemura - in terms of powder, its just so fine and the color suits me better too. i don't use the puff that comes with it, i prefer a smaller puff that u get from those beauty store. no regrets on this..

on 11/4/2005 4:08:00 PM

I have this in 40/Dore and I have to say it is a bit dark for me. It's suitable for very tan skin. But except this, I love it. It does quite a decent job in keeping the oil at bay, though I have to touch it up after 5 or so hours. The packaging is kinda bad, to me. The powder gets spread all around the can. I'm going to get this in a lighter shade. It definitely deserves 5 lippies! ______UPDATE Bought this also in Peche. It has tiny sparkles in it but it's great. Absolutely recommend it.

on 10/13/2005 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like how this powder set my moisturizer. I dont use liquid foundation so I dont know how this might work with one. But I can safely assume this will work well too. This powder gives a sheer sheen to my complexion. My only complaint is the puff that comes with it. Although a good quality, the puff picks up too much. (hence the 3 lippies) I had to use a SHU Uemura puff. The packaging could be better though but very effective in keeping the powder intact. I didnt experience any "powder bomb" effect -- like my T Le Clerc when I open this.

on 10/5/2005 8:42:00 PM

This is pretty spendy at $48, but I think it'll last a long time, unlike pressed powders, which I seem to go through like there's no tomorrow. I use Translucent 1 on my NC20 skin, which seems to match just fine. I turn the container sideways and shake a little bit of powder out, then swirl around my powder blush before patting it on my face to set my foundation. It does a decent job of keeping the shinies at bay. I can't compare to other loose powders, since this is my first, but so far I'm loving it! Makes my skin look airbrushed without being obviously made-up. Can't beat the classic Chanel packaging either -- it looks so elegant and austere sitting on my dresser, amidst the other junk :)

on 9/26/2005 3:20:00 PM

I LOVE this! I'm on a powder kick and I received this in a swap- it's fantastic! For starters, the container is HUGE- literally. I thought it was going to be smaller, but to their credit Chanel didn't scimp. The color, 20 Clair, is great for me as an NW20 (Px Vellum) and gives a poreless glow. I adore this stuff- if my apt were to burn I'm grabbing this on my way out! I would buy again but it's going to last me the rest of my life!

on 9/1/2005 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have to say it looks great, but it does not control oil at all!

on 7/27/2005 11:26:00 AM

i was using chamels pressed powder to set my makeup but found i'd have to reaaply my concealer throughout the day. then i bought the same powder but in it's loose form and what a difference! i don't even need to carry my concealer with me anymore because the loose powder sets my makeup so well. i'm much less oily, too! love love love it!

on 7/10/2005 7:40:00 AM

thought this powder was all right, until Make Up For Ever came along. in comparison, Chanel loose powder doesnt seem to be fine enough and it tends to just sit on top of my makeup. wont repurchase.