Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 11/4/2005 4:08:00 PM

I have this in 40/Dore and I have to say it is a bit dark for me. It's suitable for very tan skin. But except this, I love it. It does quite a decent job in keeping the oil at bay, though I have to touch it up after 5 or so hours. The packaging is kinda bad, to me. The powder gets spread all around the can. I'm going to get this in a lighter shade. It definitely deserves 5 lippies! ______UPDATE Bought this also in Peche. It has tiny sparkles in it but it's great. Absolutely recommend it.

on 10/13/2005 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like how this powder set my moisturizer. I dont use liquid foundation so I dont know how this might work with one. But I can safely assume this will work well too. This powder gives a sheer sheen to my complexion. My only complaint is the puff that comes with it. Although a good quality, the puff picks up too much. (hence the 3 lippies) I had to use a SHU Uemura puff. The packaging could be better though but very effective in keeping the powder intact. I didnt experience any "powder bomb" effect -- like my T Le Clerc when I open this.

on 10/5/2005 8:42:00 PM

This is pretty spendy at $48, but I think it'll last a long time, unlike pressed powders, which I seem to go through like there's no tomorrow. I use Translucent 1 on my NC20 skin, which seems to match just fine. I turn the container sideways and shake a little bit of powder out, then swirl around my powder blush before patting it on my face to set my foundation. It does a decent job of keeping the shinies at bay. I can't compare to other loose powders, since this is my first, but so far I'm loving it! Makes my skin look airbrushed without being obviously made-up. Can't beat the classic Chanel packaging either -- it looks so elegant and austere sitting on my dresser, amidst the other junk :)

on 9/26/2005 3:20:00 PM

I LOVE this! I'm on a powder kick and I received this in a swap- it's fantastic! For starters, the container is HUGE- literally. I thought it was going to be smaller, but to their credit Chanel didn't scimp. The color, 20 Clair, is great for me as an NW20 (Px Vellum) and gives a poreless glow. I adore this stuff- if my apt were to burn I'm grabbing this on my way out! I would buy again but it's going to last me the rest of my life!

on 9/1/2005 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have to say it looks great, but it does not control oil at all!

on 7/27/2005 11:26:00 AM

i was using chamels pressed powder to set my makeup but found i'd have to reaaply my concealer throughout the day. then i bought the same powder but in it's loose form and what a difference! i don't even need to carry my concealer with me anymore because the loose powder sets my makeup so well. i'm much less oily, too! love love love it!

on 7/10/2005 7:40:00 AM

thought this powder was all right, until Make Up For Ever came along. in comparison, Chanel loose powder doesnt seem to be fine enough and it tends to just sit on top of my makeup. wont repurchase.

on 6/29/2005 12:21:00 AM

I was beyond amazed upon reading these reviews. I bought it several years ago and still have most of it. Simply because it is the most awful powder I have ever bought. The only reason I do not simply throw it away is because I do enjoy their packaging. It is scratchy, and not finely-milled to how it should be. Regardless if I use a Chanel puff or a large brush, it does not feel smooth, and the mattefying effect does not last as long as with other good powders. Even a woman who works for Chanel agreed with me that their powders and foundations are for old women with very dry skin. I have never again wavered away from my dear EL So Ingenious.

I like this powder very much but do not see much of a big difference between this and other loose powders. This is a very versatile powder and can be applied several times throughout the day and it will not crease or look unnatural. I break out all the time, but this powder did not give me zits and i find it actually helps to control and cover them up! There are tiny little shimmers which gives it a nice sheer satin finish and does a good job absorbing sebum/oil. It's a lil on the expensive side (50$CAD) but i guess that's what you expect from Chanel! Overall, it's a very nice powder, but i'm sure you can achieve similar results if you do not want to cash in the $$$!

on 4/19/2005 6:04:00 PM

I am very picky about makeup and I love this powder. Alot of times loose powder looks chalky and this "definitly" does not. I highly recommend this product.