Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 4/5/2006 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in Vanille Translucent Sun, its light and yellow based, perfect for my skintone. It goes on very sheer & looks very natural, like your not wearing anything. It is a great loose powder, it just seems like there are so many cheaper brands that works just as well & are just as fine milled as this! I love the packaging, as with all Chanel products!

on 3/3/2006 6:14:00 AM

Excellent quality - finely milled, sheer translucent coverage, matt finish (but not chalky), glam packaging, huge tub, lovely soft sponge, but i prefer to apply with a kabuki brush for sheerer coverage. Once all my MU has settled (after about 30mins) my skin looks more glowy and less made-up. I usually need to blot away the oil (I have combo/sensitive acne-prone skin) around midday, then touch-up with pressed powder early evening. If I applied this l/p with a sponge in the morning, I find that touching up with pressed powder later on always makes my skin look cakey. Applying with a large powder brush or kabuki prevents this.

good loose powder over my makeup (lancome teint idol ultra). doesnīt fake the color, keeps the skin matte for a long time and feels good. itīs not a wow effect,b but still the best translucent powder I`ve used. and it lasts for ever, so the price is ok for what you get.

on 1/13/2006 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i'm using 20 Clair & at SGD 64...its expensive. But, its good! to me, it is better than shu uemura - in terms of powder, its just so fine and the color suits me better too. i don't use the puff that comes with it, i prefer a smaller puff that u get from those beauty store. no regrets on this..

on 11/4/2005 4:08:00 PM

I have this in 40/Dore and I have to say it is a bit dark for me. It's suitable for very tan skin. But except this, I love it. It does quite a decent job in keeping the oil at bay, though I have to touch it up after 5 or so hours. The packaging is kinda bad, to me. The powder gets spread all around the can. I'm going to get this in a lighter shade. It definitely deserves 5 lippies! ______UPDATE Bought this also in Peche. It has tiny sparkles in it but it's great. Absolutely recommend it.

on 10/13/2005 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like how this powder set my moisturizer. I dont use liquid foundation so I dont know how this might work with one. But I can safely assume this will work well too. This powder gives a sheer sheen to my complexion. My only complaint is the puff that comes with it. Although a good quality, the puff picks up too much. (hence the 3 lippies) I had to use a SHU Uemura puff. The packaging could be better though but very effective in keeping the powder intact. I didnt experience any "powder bomb" effect -- like my T Le Clerc when I open this.

on 10/5/2005 8:42:00 PM

This is pretty spendy at $48, but I think it'll last a long time, unlike pressed powders, which I seem to go through like there's no tomorrow. I use Translucent 1 on my NC20 skin, which seems to match just fine. I turn the container sideways and shake a little bit of powder out, then swirl around my powder blush before patting it on my face to set my foundation. It does a decent job of keeping the shinies at bay. I can't compare to other loose powders, since this is my first, but so far I'm loving it! Makes my skin look airbrushed without being obviously made-up. Can't beat the classic Chanel packaging either -- it looks so elegant and austere sitting on my dresser, amidst the other junk :)

on 9/26/2005 3:20:00 PM

I LOVE this! I'm on a powder kick and I received this in a swap- it's fantastic! For starters, the container is HUGE- literally. I thought it was going to be smaller, but to their credit Chanel didn't scimp. The color, 20 Clair, is great for me as an NW20 (Px Vellum) and gives a poreless glow. I adore this stuff- if my apt were to burn I'm grabbing this on my way out! I would buy again but it's going to last me the rest of my life!

on 9/1/2005 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have to say it looks great, but it does not control oil at all!

on 7/27/2005 11:26:00 AM

i was using chamels pressed powder to set my makeup but found i'd have to reaaply my concealer throughout the day. then i bought the same powder but in it's loose form and what a difference! i don't even need to carry my concealer with me anymore because the loose powder sets my makeup so well. i'm much less oily, too! love love love it!