October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I LOVE this! I'm on a powder kick and I received this in a swap- it's fantastic! For starters, the container is HUGE- literally. I thought it was going to be smaller, but to their credit Chanel didn't scimp. The color, 20 Clair, is great for me as an NW20 (Px Vellum) and gives a poreless glow. I adore this stuff- if my apt were to burn I'm grabbing this on my way out! I would buy again but it's going to last me the rest of my life!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2005 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Kimzin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say it looks great, but it does not control oil at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by usthada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was using chamels pressed powder to set my makeup but found i'd have to reaaply my concealer throughout the day. then i bought the same powder but in it's loose form and what a difference! i don't even need to carry my concealer with me anymore because the loose powder sets my makeup so well. i'm much less oily, too! love love love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

thought this powder was all right, until Make Up For Ever came along. in comparison, Chanel loose powder doesnt seem to be fine enough and it tends to just sit on top of my makeup. wont repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2005 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Statichristy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was beyond amazed upon reading these reviews. I bought it several years ago and still have most of it. Simply because it is the most awful powder I have ever bought. The only reason I do not simply throw it away is because I do enjoy their packaging. It is scratchy, and not finely-milled to how it should be. Regardless if I use a Chanel puff or a large brush, it does not feel smooth, and the mattefying effect does not last as long as with other good powders. Even a woman who works for Chanel agreed with me that their powders and foundations are for old women with very dry skin. I have never again wavered away from my dear EL So Ingenious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I like this powder very much but do not see much of a big difference between this and other loose powders. This is a very versatile powder and can be applied several times throughout the day and it will not crease or look unnatural. I break out all the time, but this powder did not give me zits and i find it actually helps to control and cover them up! There are tiny little shimmers which gives it a nice sheer satin finish and does a good job absorbing sebum/oil. It's a lil on the expensive side (50$CAD) but i guess that's what you expect from Chanel! Overall, it's a very nice powder, but i'm sure you can achieve similar results if you do not want to cash in the $$$!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sodapopgirl

I am very picky about makeup and I love this powder. Alot of times loose powder looks chalky and this "definitly" does not. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Delinit

This is expensive, but will last a while. Best powder I've ever tried. Used over double perfection, it makes my skin looks perfect forever. It stays on, doesn't look cakey, and blends wonderfully. The foundation lasts longer, my skin seems more even, pores seem smaller, and my face stays velvety matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Powder_Puff

I wear this everyday, even on days where I'm not wearing makeup just to get rid of shine and it's my HG product. I gave the price rating a 2 because I bought this about a year ago and it's still about 65% full with everyday use. The packaging is beautiful and the applicator works so well. I've never tried any other powder (this was my first one) but I don't think I would experiment with others when this one goes out.....which I expect to be another 2 years

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Twinklynn

i luv tis powder.~~!! e feelin is juz so nice. and definately it looks really nice too. luv chanel's classy packaging.~!! juz makes me feels more.. ehm~~ classy? haha