December 19, 2014 | 1583 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love!! I would highly recommend! Just don't go overboard in dosage. If you are taking Biotin alone, try to keep it within the 30-300 micrograms range. Otherwise you could break out. Recipe for growing healthy long hair:

1. Vitamin B-complex - 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin and inositol)
2. Vitamin B-6 - 50 mg.
3. One recommended daily dose of sulfur, zinc, & magnesium,
4. Silica (horsetail) - 300 mg. daily
5. Nettle - 250 mg. three times daily
6. Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
7. Flaxseed oil - one tbsp daily or one tablet
8. Vitamin E - 400 to 800 IU daily
9. Vitamin C with bioflavonoids - one to two grams daily
10. Castor oil -only cold pressed & hexane free, mixed with a lighter oil like grape seed oil or almond oil....castor oil is very thick on it's own.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Taking 3,000 mg. now but may up it. Taking it for my hair and nails. Really works for the hair, but I file my nails so much can't tell the growth. However, it really makes your hair grow faster. Supposedly improves your skin, too. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This helps my hair and nails grow faster but not actually regain hair (I have thin hair since age 30) I had to cut back on it because with taking two capsules I had crazy acne outbreaks everywhere and this is not the norm for me! This was the only addition to my supplements at the time so I know it was the biotin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am so sad because it definitely did the job for my hair....but after taking these vitamins for 3 months I started breaking out like CRAZY!!!! There is a possibility that I've taken such a high dosage everyday (2500mcg) and I've been using Nioxin everyday which already contains 300 mcg of biotin in it, I've cut down the dosage to see if that would stop the problem but it didn't. I wish I could continue to take it because I want my hair to grow out faster, but it's definitely not worth all the acne scars I have from this product = (

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I was taking biotin 5000 mg and I think it made a difference in my hair. I don't know about the nails since mine were always healthy and grew very quickly without any supplements. I did noticed the pills made my hair thicker and maybe even grew in some baby hair along my hairline. I need to start retaking these again cause if you stop the results goes away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've gone back to taking Biotin. I started to notice my nails were getting deep ridges ( diabetes runs in the family ). Also, my hair is really, really thinning out. That is part meno & part hair chemicals. I take two ( 1000mcg. ) tablets everyday. They are a Kroger brand and the bottle states: extra potency. So, I wouldn't recommend taking two - maybe one tablet. Its too early to write about the nail situation, but have noticed a big improvement in hair loss. Altho, I still have some hair loss in the shower, I noticed when brushing my hair there isn't that large amount. Whew...wiping my brow. I was starting to think, I was going to invest in Minoxil. I'm not sure if Biotin can actually grow back hair. Maybe, I can write back another day on that ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been taking biotin supplements everyday now for a month and im glad with the results. My nails dont chip as much and my hair is stronger. Will update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little about my hair:

I have curly/dry/damaged hair. My hair was long and started breaking due to a "repair treatment" a hairdresser applied (it was actually a relaxer!) My hair started to break and every week, my hair looked shorter and shorter. I have curly hair and having it short, well, it didnt look that great. So, i would straighten my hair.

Biotin:

I read over the internet that Biotin helps with growth of hair and nails. I decided to give it a try. I searched the boards for the GNC Nourish-Hair product, but i didnt have any luck. I purchased it for around $8. This supplement has 1200mg of Biotin.

GNC Nourish-Hair:

Label states you have to take one tablet, twice a day with food. The pill is huge! I had to cut it into pieces so it would be easy for me to take them. There is also a weird smell.

My Results:

I waited until i finished the bottle to write a review. At first, i would take 2 pills a day. And i noticed that i would break out. A couple of pimples on my chin. I started taking only one pill a day and the breakouts stopped.

I did see results after 2 weeks. My hair was noticeably longer and my nails were too. When i started taking these pills, my hair was above my shoulders. Now, about 3 months later, my hair is about 1 inch below my shoulders. Im taking a 3 month break from the pills and i will repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by gabrinelle

It works for me! I've seen faster hair growth after taking Biotin for about 3 months. I did experience some acne flair ups, and when those happened, I would just stop taking the Biotin for a couple days and wait for them to clear up. But I noticed that if I took it with a meal (as suggested) and drank more water, I could fend off the pimples. I started taking 1000mcg per day for a few weeks, then 2000mcg for a month, then 3000mcg and I noticed a huge change but also more pimples. Now I've reduced back to 2000mcg per day. I haven't noticed any change in nails, but I was only paying attention to hair growth! I'm satisfied and I will continue to take the supplement but I will proceed with caution.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

Funny how this affects everyone a little different. I am using straight biotin in a liquid gelcap 2500mcg daily. I've been using it for about 2 and a half weeks. In just that short amount of time the thing I notice the most is my eyelashes, they have gotten soooo much longer and fuller and I haven't done anything different with them. If this continues I won't really have to use mascara anymore. My eyebrows also are growing a little faster too, but I don't mind (and weirdly enough doesn't effect my upper lip). My fingernails haven't really grown faster, but I do think they are stronger (I like to keep them pretty short anyway). My hair is fairly long, so I'm not really sure how much it's grown. This has not broke my face out like some reviews mentioned. In fact my skin looks really great right now (don't think it's necessarily from this though, just don't think this is hurting it at all). I really like this, and the fact it's a gelcap means more absorption (IMO) and probably less fillers.

Yes I will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No