September 2, 2014 | 2019 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this!!! Beautiful palette. First of all, I have to say that this is such a bargain. You get so many beautiful, silky shadows for such a great price. The normal price of Urban Decay Deluxe shadow is $17.00 (USD) for one shadow. The Deluxe Shadow Box comes with nine of the gorgeous Deluxe Shadows (a smaller portion, but honestly not by that much. Each shadow in the box is a pretty standard size for an eyeshadow.) PLUS a wonderful mini primer potion (love that stuff!).
The shadow itself is beautiful. Silky, highly pigmented, and lots of beautiful colors. The colors range from very bold to soft and neutral. Scratch and Shag (two gorgeous pinky neutrals with soft shimmer, Shag being more bronze toned while Scratch is pinker) have become my every day shadows, while colors like Fishnet (fuscia), Ransom (royal purple), Graffitti (bright, true green) and Peace (a bold turquoise) are great for wild looks. Honey is a great yellow gold color which is super fun for foiling, Underground is a beautiful copper, and Zero is my absolute favorite, a smoky, deep black.
The packaging in this palette is another plus. I love the metal mesh and gorgeous purple velvet. This is a must have for Urban Decay lovers, and for those new to the brand, a great introduction. Very fun, beautiful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is so adorable and the colors are bright and flirty. I was happy to get this from a very good friend for X-mas(Thanks ginghampop) and I couldn't be happier. Fishnet looks really cool when I placed it in the corner of my eye and combined it with the color peace.
Plus I received a small bottle of the eye potion which is my favorite UD product. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by tanni

I think this has got to be the best palette Urban Decay has ever released; even better than Ammo! It is the perfect palette. It has bright, fun colors, a deep smooth black and then natural, subtle colors, which makes this the perfect palette for all occasions, and especially travel. UD has not sacrificed the original quality of the deluxe shadows, either. (Not that they ever have done so with their palettes) If you've never tried a deluxe shadow, they're all smooth, with excellent color pay off and long-lasting wear. And, none of them are glittery, which is what many people complain about when it comes to UD shadows. Please click continue to see a picture of the palette...

Top to bottom/right to left:
Fishnet, Honey, Ransom
Graffiti, Zero, Peace
Shag, Scratch, Underground

Ideas for color combinations:
Colors like Scratch would make a really great base color, even for the colorful shadows.

For a fun, unique dramatic eye wear Zero all over the lid and blended well into the crease, Peace blended into the outer crease, or Graffiti blended into the outer crease, or even a combination of both in the outer crease. Finish with UD's Spandex (rainbow) glitter liner.

For a subtle, pretty eye suitable for conservative settings, try Scratch as a base, Shag on the lid and Underground blended well into the crease. And if you wish to even further deepen the crease, try using a small amount of Zero in the crease, then blend well. continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by nyork

For quite sometime I had my eyes on UD zero and honey. I thought it was a nice idea to buy this kit and try other colors as well. Although it seems a bit pricey, keep in mind that each is $4.00.
I didnt try peace, and it seems to bold for me. But I LOVE underground.It is a perfect golden taupe and I use it almost everyday.I also like honey and zero.

I will definitely repurchase some of the shades when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by makeupwannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got this box set as a gift from a friend, and I can see why all these colors got great reviews on here. They are also a great way to try almost the full line of deluxe eyeshadows ( only 3 of the 12 shades aren't in this kit). They are also a great value. A regular deluxe eyeshadow is 2.5 grams and $17. Each of these shadows is 1.2 grams, so just less than half the size of a full, and $4 a piece in this kit, when you do the math. AND you get half a regular size of Primer Potion, which would be another $7.50 for free, so yes it is quite a value. Now about the colors, they are creamy and beautiful and last all day, especially if you use the Primer Potion. This is a great collection, looks great on your vanity or dresser (purple faux velvet and metal chain rounds) and well worth the $36, considering your getting equivalent to 4 full size shadows and half a Primer Potion for the cost of 2 regular deluxe eyeshadows. Ransom is a beautiful dark purple. Peace is a lovely sea turquoise blue, very lovely color. And Zero is the perfect color black for smokey eyes, or for liner, not too black, just right. I have tried the Primer Potion before, and love it, but this was my first time trying Urban Decay eye shadows, so I am sure you will be as impressed as I was with these if you haven't tried their eyeshadows before. If you have, then you know what a savings all this is, and you will get it. Love it, love it, love it!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by bigbadbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this pallette. Got this even though i already had two of the colours. The formula of these shadows are amazing, like butter, colour payoff is excellent. It contains (0.04oz x 9)
Fishnet - pinky purple duochromish
Peace - ultramarine blue
Shag - metallic bronzy gold
Scratch - cool metallic pink
Underground - Taupy brown
Basically everything you need to create any look imaginable, highly recommended. Not to mention it includes a small (0.09oz) udpp =D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by intigra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I already own Grafitti, Honey and Peace, but when I saw this at Sephora I just had to get it. I was wanting to try Ransom, Zero and Underground. This is a wonderfu way to try colours. I won't detail all the colours as its been done wonderfully all ready. But I will add I also own the Skull and Wallpaper pallettes already, and this is a wonderful addition to my stash. The only other one now I want to try is Adore, I wish they had put this in the palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by CutestCutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A wonderful palette with a gorgeous selection of stunning colors. Especially perfect for those with brown eyes since every color will flatter. I like how Zero is included as a staple, dark, soft, highly pigmented brown shadow. Definitely some very unique colors in this box -- Graffiti is a definite standout. On color selection alone I'd give this a 5/5.

Unfortunately the colors (besides Zero) don't seem to me as highly pigmented as the regular UD shadows. For some reason they apply more sheerly. -.5 lippie

The other thing I don't like about this is the horrendous packaging which to my taste is just plain tacky. I think the UD Ammo palette looks much nicer; the plus point of the Deluxe box is that there's no design that will wear off. Other than that though, I really dislike the purple velvet / metal chain sheet packaging. -.5 lippie

For reference, I'm NC 42, black hair w/ drk brown eyes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by gothpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this palette all the time, there is so much you can do with these colors - more neutral and understated (though a bit shimmery!) with Shag, Scratch or Underground, smoky with Zero, brighter and more colorful with the rest. I already had Zero and Heat (Heat not included here), and wanted more Deluxe shadows, then this came along! For about the price of two full size shadows, you get NINE colors to try, and it's a decent amount too, I find I don't really have to use much. These shadows are really fantastic - and though some of the colors are a bit bright, they look great either as accents (which I love doing, using them on the outer corners of my eyes) or as all over color they look nice applied sheerly or more heavily for a bolder look. They blend well and some of these colors I just haven't found elsewhere. Really pigmented and incredibly soft. The set even comes with a mini Primer Potion, and these shadows are wonderful used with it (loved it so much I went out and bought a full size PP!) The case is a bit over the top, but very fun. I didn't think I'd like the suede covered cardboard-ey packaging but it's very sturdy - it doesn't look cheap and I've tossed it in my bag a few times and it's still in great shape. Love the huge mirror inside too. Brilliant move by UD - this is a great way to sample most of the Deluxe colors as well as the PP. Doesn't take up too much space either - although I LOVE the full size individual Deluxe eyeshadow cases (they're all gorgeous - my favorite UD packaging by far) they won't stack well due to the rounded top and are kind of oddly shaped (though the oval case is really nice with the weighted bottom and mirror, it's a bit thick), which might be annoying to someone who likes their cosmetics stacked and organized.