Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 8/3/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first i did like this primer. But I think my skin in normal to dry and I think I need a primer which is more moisturising on my skin. This is a powdery finish primer. This would be perfect for someone with oily skin. But not me. I will stick to the napoleon primer for now.

on 8/1/2010 10:11:00 AM

I just recently bought this primer for the first time after Smashbox came to the UK. I don'y usually use a primer because I have quite an oily t-zone and I don't feel they help that much and im sick of wasting my money! However was looking through all the Smashbox stuff and was sort of convinced to try this as its "light". Anyway i'm very surprised and extremely surprised that this actually works. My skin feels amazingly soft and matte once its applied and my skin does not get oily for hours. My make up is staying on much longer. By the end of the day my make up has worn off a bit but can still tell I have make up on and usually it looks like ive none on at all after lunch. So far So good.

I actually really like this primer. I know there's been mixed reviews on it, but I don't have any problems with it, aside from the fact that it is super expensive. The only reason why I don't think I can buy this again is that I am a broke college student, and I just can't afford to drop almost $40 for this thing. I know Ulta is having a special this week, and all smashbox primers are 20% off, but it is still a bit too pricey for me. I guess the quest to find a cheaper alternative continues...

The 1st foundation primer I've ever bought. So far it hasn't disappointed me. I have a very oily T-Zone especially on the tip of my nose & the area above my cupid's bow. My makeup on these areas never stay longer than 2 hours. I was suprised with this primer, the 1st 4 hours = no shine at all and makeup is still there.......later in the day, I only needed to touch-up with some powder but I don't have to use bloting paper like usual. The only problem is the price. It's quite pricey at $76 here in New Zealand. I would save up and buy a new one when this's run out.

on 6/29/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

What a joke. First of all doesnt control shine. Second- I see not difference in make-up application (I use concealer and powder). Also the bottle it comes in is deceiving. It looks like a lot- but there is not. I mean you only need a small pump for your whole face- but all of the sudden it looked like my bottle went from full to gone. Waste of money for what it promises. Only pro is that it did not break me out.

on 6/28/2010 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this in a swap. Used it for the first time today and my makeup looked like it was gone halfway through the day. Isn't this supposed to make my makeup look smoother and last longer?! It also made my face oily, even though I don't have oily skin. Won't be using again. Sephora's primer is good and I'm going to try MAC's Prep and Prime tomorrow.

on 6/22/2010 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

This is the first make-up primer I have ever used and it's a total WOW-product for me!!!
I have an oily, shiny t-zone where make-up never lasts longer than 5 hours. With this primer it lasts about 4-5 hours longer - really! I mean, it's not like freshly applied after 10 hours, but it's still noticeable for me that I have put on make-up and there is no redness or much shine.
I admit, the price is very high and it made me hesitate before I bought it. But as I only use primer for special occations, I think one bottle will last for 6 month at least.

on 6/21/2010 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product with high hopes, but my face has not looked this pimply since junior high. I have painful acne wherever I have applied this product. I have had more acne since beginning this product two weeks ago, than I have had in two years. My face also feels just as shiny as before. Would never buy this product again.

I got this as a sample and I've been using this for the past two days.
I apply this on the centre of my forehead, down my nose, chin, and on the apples of my cheeks. In total, I use a pea size amount - not even a pump I would estimate.
I'd apply this, and wait for 5 minutes for the primer to sink into my skin.
The feeling that I get after I've applied this is that my skin feels very smooth and semi matte. When compared to the Make Up Forever HD Primer, this leaves a more moisturizing feel to it, and both primers leave my skin semi-matte.
The consistency of it is a white cream - unlike the MUFE's HD primer, it is not a gel. The cream is very smooth.
So I've been using this for the past two days and the bottom line is that it keeps my foundation on. It controls my oils alright, but I do see some oils peaking through after 8 hours of wear, however, not enough for me to have to reapply powder. My foundation stays on, does not sheer out, and looks somewhat the same as it did when I first applied it early in the morning. Goes on a lot smoother than without primer.
Compared to MUFE HD primer, it's oil control is the same, and I like the consistency of the Smashbox primer more. However, it falls short compared to HG Mineral Veil primer. I also enjoy working with a creamy primer than the gel. However, the MUFE HD primer holds on my foundation a lot better. My foundation looks exactly the same after 12 hours of wear to when I first applied it.
As for the packaging - I like it. It's a pump therefore it is efficient and you're able to get the last drop. The price is OK seeing how it does do a job of what a good primer should do.
Unfortunately I will not repurchase this. I like the MUFE HD primer more and I'd rather spend my money on that primer instead of this because that MUFE primer does hold my foundation on a lot better than this one does.

I prefer this primer a lot more than MUFE HD primer as I have noticed some breakotus from the MUFE primer.
I also want to correct that, this primer does keep my face semi-matte. After 10 hrs of wear, I do not see too much oil peaking through. I like it very much, not too silicone-y, but still moisturizing at the same time. This works so much better than the Smashbox Primer Hydrating (blue) primer.

on 6/13/2010 4:07:00 PM

One of my friends highly recommended this product so I thought I would try it. I have oily skin and she told me it would help my makeup stay put all day. I do like the feel of it on my skin, however, it make me break out extrememly bad everytime I used it. Because of that I had to stop using this product.