Lemon Juice

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 8/16/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

MAGIC! I had a small scar right above my left cheek. My guess is it came from using the apricot scrub which I love, you just have to be very gentle. Anywho, I used fresh lemon juice straight from the lemon for about a week & like magic it was gone! I used it no longer than 2 weeks as I was afraid of the long term affects. I cleansed my face as usual (noxzema) and then with a cottom ball I applied the lemon juice directly on the scar, not my entire face. I did this twice a day, in the evening when I came home and night before bed. I didnt do it in the morning because it is really sticky and who wants to walk around with a sticky film on their face all day. Id defintely use it again if need be.

on 8/16/2011 1:58:00 PM

I use it for so much: mixed with egg whites for a fantastic brightening and tightening mask; in my hair for natural blonde highlights; in my water for a drink that cleanses inwardly and refreshes me all over; for whitening of my nails and toenails and elbows.

It's also marvelous for cleaning your house...

on 8/16/2011 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read about lemon juice on this site and decided to make good use of the bag in frig. I squeeze 1/2 lemon into a bowl and apply with cotton pad. Let dry 15-30 minutes and then apply Queen Julene Mint Clay Mint Mask. When it dries, I rinse it all off in the shower. My skin has never been smoother and the sunspots are starting to fade. I bought a bag of lemons at Sams for $3.00 so this is a pretty cheap deal! Just be careful it doesn't run in your eyes.

on 7/26/2011 8:18:00 AM

I have combination skin with dry patches, so I was skeptical about using lemon juice. It did not dry out my skin at all, and it seemed to balance my skin out if anything. I keep a bottle of lemon juice in the fridge and at night after I wash my face I apply it all over and apply it a bit more heavily on the places where I have blemishes and I leave it on while I sleep. I don't have much acne, just a few spots here and there. It dried those up immediately. I went on vacation and ended up having to use my mom's face lotion which broke me out HORRIBLY all over my face. I came home and went back to using the lemon juice and now all the smaller pimples are gone and I have one larger one, but it is dried up and healing. I had some scarring because I am bad about picking at bumps and I have noticed those fading a significant amount. My face is also baby smooth, which was a huge surprise to me as I have always had these small, hard bumps under my skin that nothing seemed to get rid of. I HIGHLY recommend using lemon juice.

Also, I saw a few comments stating that there was a chemical in lemon juice that is bad for your skin. I don't see how since it is a natural product. And even if it does have something in it, the positives definitely out weigh the negatives. If you are out in the sun you're going to get sun damage anyways. Spf should take care of the problem.

on 7/22/2011 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this to whiten my nails (just soak in lemon juice for 10 minutes).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this as others have. I have acne prone skin, always with a few spots, red patches and acne scarring. I squeezed a lemon and kept the juice in the fridge to use every day and I put some over my skin with a cotton pad after removing my makeup. First complaint- it stings like hell! It simmers down after 5 minutes but still, I'm pretty sure that's my face's way of saying it doesn't like it! I kept it up though for a few weeks and had a look at the result. Well, perhaps my redness had gone down a little bit- but a definite marked difference was not clear. And my spots had become infected- the heads had become orangey in colour, sore and red around the outside. Not good. I won't continue with this. Plus it concerns me that you need extra sunscreen after using this- I already am pale with moles so the risk of sun exposure was a worry too.

on 7/18/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm reviewing using lemon juice on NAILS so I can't comment on how it works for skin problems or lightening hair etc..

I've read many comments on MUA and nail polish blogs saying that lemon juice will lighten staining caused from polish. Since Bubble White and whitening mouthwash didn't help I figured I'd give it a shot.

1st time I tried this I squeezed lemons in a cup and dunked my fingertips into it. After about 3 minutes my fingers began to burn so after 5 minutes I took my fingers out. I gently scrubbed my nails with a nail brush and soap to remove the lemon juice. I compared it to my left hand which I hadn't soaked yet and there was no difference at all.

2nd time I tried lemon juice I soaked cotton balls in lemon juice, placed it on my nails, and wrapped with foil pieces to hold the cotton balls on. I figured this way my nails can soak longer without hurting my skin. After 10 minutes I checked my nails and they looked the same color. After 15 minutes I still didn't see any less staining compared to my other hand so I gave up. When I washed my hands I noticed my nails were peeling up in strips! Uggh, I wish I never tried this, my nails are ruined. Not to mention not a bit whiter! *runs off and cries*

on 7/17/2011 1:42:00 AM

love putting a little bit of this in my water, it makes it taste refreshing

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really love that I've found such a convenient and inexpensive treatment. This is definitely a holy grail for me. When first using it on my skin every night it worked like a charm. I used it on my face as a mask for about an hour and then took it off, and I used it on my bacne as well. My bacne scars have faded tremendously and I'm still clear. NOTHING else helped my bacne. I tried so many products and my last hope was African Black Soap, I tried a couple from Whole Foods.

Anyway, being in the sun this summer has surprisingly helped my bacne and the lemon juice definitely helped a lot. So, like I said when using this on my face for about a month or two straight my skin was so clear, GLOWING. Unfortunately I'm battling hormonal acne right now so the lemon juice isn't doing it's thing anymore. I'm still going to continue using it as a mask maybe once or twice a week just to help with the scars, though.

Plus, it's such an inexpensive treatment and really does its job. I just wish my face remained clear. Don't let this review discourage you from purchasing, though. It really is a miracle worker. I'm just stressing out like crazy right now and my hormones aren't helping!! Good luck ;D

on 7/13/2011 11:45:00 AM

yes this defenately works by drying and killing some bacteria on acne i actually felt relieving when i added this on my face ..i totally recommend!!

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products