July 24, 2014 | 1577 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by puppymoomoo

HG powder! I have been using this powder for years now and I've got 4 back-ups in the cupboard.
I usually wear this alone as I do not have much to cover on my face. Despite the fact that it offers little coverage, my boyfriend always comments on how flawless I look (the times I am wearing it). Little does he know it is because of this powder ;)
It has amazing shine control and never cakes or looks dry. If I do become a bit shiny towards the end of a warm Summer's day, the powder soaks up the oil nicely, leaving a luminous glow on my skin peeking through. It's gorgeous and very natural.
No other powders have been able to surpass this one. For reference, I am NW15 with slightly yellow undertones and I use Medium 4.5.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by beautynerd123

so, i had another powder before i got this one. and i'm seriously obsessed with this powder! i got the shade Honey medium 3-4, and it keeps me looking matte, but not that "dryfeeling"! this really sets all of your makeup, and i really recommend it to:
- oily/ combination skin
- not for people who want to cover up, though stay matte.

the only thing i don't like about this powder is the packaging!!! it is so confusing<.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I carry this product in my purse everywhere I go for quick touch ups. I have light-medium skin and first bought the shade cream, which was too light, so I exchanged it for sand(medium) and its a perfect match. My skin is super oily and acne-prone. I've used pressed powders in the past which have gotten rid of shine really well but they ruin my skin by clogging pores. Dream matte pressed powder is different, it eliminates oiliness and doesn't break my skin out. I probably use this product 2-3 times a day, my skin is that oily! I go through a lot of compacts for that reason but it is worth buying again and again. I love that it is natural looking, never cakey or heavy, that's a big plus. It typically keeps me shine free about 2 hours and has a silky texture when applied. Best D/S pressed powder I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Finally have tried this powder and its really nice as a blot powder. I use my milani powder to set my foundation then carry this powder for my tzone area. Its been working really well and I'm glad to have found this I have it in the color cream and it suits my NC 25 skin

Update: I solely just use this to set my foundation the Milani wasn't working anymore and I went back to just using this, I will never stray again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

HG status - I'm on my 4th compact. It gives me a wonderful oil control, and I barely have to blot my face anymore. It is a finely milled powder, but you can go overboard if you apply too much. I hope they never discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

This powder is amazing! I'm on my second compact of this, which is unheard of for me since I always like trying new things. I never realized how much I loved it until I had to go without it for 6 months while i was in Europe (where the price of this converts to about 15-20 dollars USD). One of the first things I did when I got home was buy another one of these!

The fact of the matter is that this powder looks natural, keeps your face matte (or relatively so) throughout the day, and doesn't look cakey if you have to reapply it during those hot summer months. It also doesn't break out my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS POWER. It hasn't made me break out, it's really fine milled, comes in a lot of colors, light, and never makes me look cakey. I need to touch up, once around lunch which is fine.
Best one from the drugstore that I've ever tried. I don't have enough good things to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As someone who has issues with surface dehydration, I tend to avoid products that seem like they might be too drying. But I received this in a swap and I have to say, I quite like it. I reserve this for use only in the warmer months, because I don't use powder at all when it's cold and dry. This powder sets my makeup, and doesn't look powdery or cakey. I don't have to reapply throughout the day because it does a great job of keeping my makeup looking fresh.

I do sometimes like to wear powder alone on some days for a light coverage, but this doesn't work well for that at all, at least not on me. It doesn't offer much (or any, that I could tell) coverage on bare skin, and it made my flakes very apparent. But as a makeup setting powder? It's great.

I'm about NC15-20, and, the shade Cream seems to work really well for me.

I actually really like the puff it comes with. I use it to press the powder into my t zone, and it doesn't budge all day long. I use a powder brush to lightly dust it everywhere else, to keep it natural looking.

My friend who doesn't wear makeup at all had me do her makeup for a special event, and I used this on her. She liked it so much that I just let her keep it, and bought another.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the few drugstore products I actually like. I bought this as a less pricey alternative to my MAC MSFN. I use this to set, not for coverage. It applies nicely and not cakey. It was easy enough to find a colour match but I don't usually have a problem with that. There could be a wider selection of shades though.

I like the packaging but I have heard complaints. I like the mirrored lower compartment but I don't store anything in it as I don't use the pad this comes with. I've occasionally had the mirrored compartment slide open in my purse but I've never had the powder's compartment open.

I don't know if this can be described as truly matte because if you look closely you'll notice a slight shimmer in the pan. I've never seen this shimmer translate onto my face but this might not be the best if you've got an issue with shine or oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While everyone raves about this product, I think this product is so so. I don't find it as amazing as everyone says. When I applied it to my face for the first time, it made my skin look like it was cracked. It brought out fine lines on my face that I really didn't think I had. I tried using this with a powder puff, a fluffy brush, a denser brush, nothing really worked. The product definitely mattified but I can't say for how long because once I saw the cracks, I immediate took it off. It looked a bit chalky on my skin as well. I wanted to like it, but it's not for me.