Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This powder worked fantastic for me. I used it to set everything from my tinted moisturizer, to putting over sunscreen, to using over foundation. It's inexpensive and I can easily take it with me for touch ups because of the packaging. Though while I enjoyed having the mirror and the pad to use included with the packaging, I found that it became quite flimsy, and had to keep an eye on it in my bag. It doesn't offer heavy coverage, but when used over top of foundation, moisturizer, etc, the lasting effect is very nice. I would definitely recommend picking up this product.

on 8/10/2012 12:32:00 PM

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

First of all, I got this product in the shade medium. The shade seems a little bit light on me as I got this before I got my tan, when I was about an NC25/30. Now I am a definite NC35, not seeming to get any lighter. I really love the way the product goes on the surface of my skin, not too cakey but giving a very natural matte finish. I'm not a real fan of perfectly matte skin as I think it's a bit too artificial, so I just set it with a makeup setting spray to give it a more natural feeling. The packaging is cute, and I like the way the puff comes out by twisting it below the powder. There seems to be a lot of product in this packaging, so I don't think I'll finish it any time soon! But I would definitely love to repurchase this nicely priced setting powder.

on 8/6/2012 7:59:00 PM

So I bought this in a light shade because I am on the lighter side of skin. I heard great reviews & i guess i expected too much out of this product. The first time I used it I loved it! It set my foundation & looked natural. But as I used it more I dont know why but I felt like the product was too chalky? And it just wasnt cutting it for me. It does control my oily T-zone though. Maybe I just need to get a darker shade.. I will be repurchasing the product & give it another shot!

This powder enhanced all the dry patches on my skin, but did control the oil around my nose. The coverage is good, giving off an matte look in my oily areas. However, it does not make justice to dry skins at all. I recommend this product only for those who have oily skins. Dry skins should better watch out.

on 7/31/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

It's allright if you don't got MAC, Clinique or whatever. But for me, all it does is "lock" my foundation.

on 7/30/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I liked this powder for my oily complexion but I would not repurchase it because althought it keeps me oil free for at least an hour (which is normal for me) it not too much different than the other Shine Free maybelline powder (the one with the blue packaging) and it is much cheaper.

on 7/25/2012 5:20:00 AM

HG powder! I have been using this powder for years now and I've got 4 back-ups in the cupboard.
I usually wear this alone as I do not have much to cover on my face. Despite the fact that it offers little coverage, my boyfriend always comments on how flawless I look (the times I am wearing it). Little does he know it is because of this powder ;)
It has amazing shine control and never cakes or looks dry. If I do become a bit shiny towards the end of a warm Summer's day, the powder soaks up the oil nicely, leaving a luminous glow on my skin peeking through. It's gorgeous and very natural.
No other powders have been able to surpass this one. For reference, I am NW15 with slightly yellow undertones and I use Medium 4.5.

on 7/17/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

so, i had another powder before i got this one. and i'm seriously obsessed with this powder! i got the shade Honey medium 3-4, and it keeps me looking matte, but not that "dryfeeling"! this really sets all of your makeup, and i really recommend it to:
- oily/ combination skin
- not for people who want to cover up, though stay matte.

the only thing i don't like about this powder is the packaging!!! it is so confusing<.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I carry this product in my purse everywhere I go for quick touch ups. I have light-medium skin and first bought the shade cream, which was too light, so I exchanged it for sand(medium) and its a perfect match. My skin is super oily and acne-prone. I've used pressed powders in the past which have gotten rid of shine really well but they ruin my skin by clogging pores. Dream matte pressed powder is different, it eliminates oiliness and doesn't break my skin out. I probably use this product 2-3 times a day, my skin is that oily! I go through a lot of compacts for that reason but it is worth buying again and again. I love that it is natural looking, never cakey or heavy, that's a big plus. It typically keeps me shine free about 2 hours and has a silky texture when applied. Best D/S pressed powder I've ever used!

Finally have tried this powder and its really nice as a blot powder. I use my milani powder to set my foundation then carry this powder for my tzone area. Its been working really well and I'm glad to have found this I have it in the color cream and it suits my NC 25 skin

Update: I solely just use this to set my foundation the Milani wasn't working anymore and I went back to just using this, I will never stray again

Popular Pressed Powders