October 31, 2014 | 809 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by achtungbaby80

If there's a Where Have You Been All My Life? skin product, this is it! I tried this upon recommendation from a rep at Sephora--and from the great reviews on this site--and it does exactly what it's supposed to beautifully. I've always been annoyed with the "grime" at the corners of my nose and on my chin that just never seemed to wash off with my regular cleanser (Cetaphil), but this does the trick. All that gunk is now gone, and it leaves my skin looking fresh, and, yes, glowing--just as everyone said it would. This face wash has only been in my shower for about a week now so I may update if my level of satisfaction changes, but I'll stick with it as long as it keeps doing what it's doing now!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Eivuwan

This is a great exfoliator. The exfoliating particles are fine and seems to really smooth out my face. It is also not over-drying so it can be used on a daily basis and it is very easy to rinse off. The only problem is that the gel that holds the scrubbies dries up really quickly making it hard to exfoliate for a longer amount of time.

Edit: I would also like to note that it's good to shake up the bottle each time before use. Sometimes the exfoliants separate from the gel and sink to the bottom

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product. I used it for about a month and my face felt so clean after I used it and it improved the color of my skin....it seemed to have a glow to it and removed all the dead skin and my dry patches went away. I loved this and will buy it again after I finish this other skin care line I started using.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Nadra

i use the microdelivery wash every night. I can really get a good scrubbing of the grime on the sides of my nose and under my lip. When paired with the philosophy exfoliating cloths my face is smooth and baby soft. definitely a keeper. This wash is also perfect before foundation application.keeps flakies at bay. only con is that the you have to shake the bottle before pouring it out becauses the particles tend to settle. other than that, its a winner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. Does a really good job cleaning and exfoliating. I use this in the morning and the Purity cleanser in the night. This cleans and exfoliates just enough without making my acne skin irritated. I have not tried it with the microdelivery cloths, but plan on trying them soon. The packaging is easy to dispense from. The smell is the only thing I hate. The smell is very off putting. I would love it if they made it more like purity. Other then that, no complaints. I will continue to buy and just ignore the smell - yes it is that worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this wash. As others before me have noted, the grains are tiny, and not the least bit uncomfortable on your skin. My skin feels AMAZINGLY soft - I want to keep touching it.
I've been using this for a few weeks now and I will repurchase it. It gets slightly foam-y as you gently scrub and it washes of easily with no remains on the skin.

One reviewer said they didn't feel clean - Maybe try mixing a bit of this in with your Purity cleanser. This on it's own isn't a facial cleanser :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Sushi3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this, but it was waaay to harsh for my delicate, sensitive skin. It made me get red bumps all over my face and felt like putting little knives on my face instead of using a light scrub. Might be good for oilier/thicker skin, but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. My skin is very sensitive and scrubs often aggrevate my acne or burn my skin off. This is perfect. Very mild and gentle. I use it in the morning before my acne wash and my face feels really smooth soft. My acne treatments and moisturizers absorb better. If you prefer a serious "brillo pad" type scrub, you won't like this, it is REALLY gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Wileycoyote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this scrub, but I just don't get that I love this scrub feeling. I don't feel like it really cleans but after reading other reviews maybe I need to use purity first, I was using this as my main wash. It does foam which I like. THe bottle (8 oz) lasts forever and it's paraben free. I'm still on the fence whether or not I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using this product for an extended period of time, I've come back to re-write my review and change my rating. This has gone from a 4 to a 5+++ to me. I have dry/sensitive skin, so finding an exfoliant to keep my flakies away while at the same time not irritating my skin has always been a challenge. Until now, that is. I can use this every day without irritation. It is so gentle, but incredibly effective. My skin is glowy, and the difference in how much better my makeup applies is astounding. I'd been using baking soda mixed in with my cleanser, but this is much more convenient and does a superior job. Along with their regular cleanser, Purity Made Simple, philosophy's MDEW is definitely a holy grail!