September 15, 2014 | 1851 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Nadra

i use the microdelivery wash every night. I can really get a good scrubbing of the grime on the sides of my nose and under my lip. When paired with the philosophy exfoliating cloths my face is smooth and baby soft. definitely a keeper. This wash is also perfect before foundation application.keeps flakies at bay. only con is that the you have to shake the bottle before pouring it out becauses the particles tend to settle. other than that, its a winner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. Does a really good job cleaning and exfoliating. I use this in the morning and the Purity cleanser in the night. This cleans and exfoliates just enough without making my acne skin irritated. I have not tried it with the microdelivery cloths, but plan on trying them soon. The packaging is easy to dispense from. The smell is the only thing I hate. The smell is very off putting. I would love it if they made it more like purity. Other then that, no complaints. I will continue to buy and just ignore the smell - yes it is that worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this wash. As others before me have noted, the grains are tiny, and not the least bit uncomfortable on your skin. My skin feels AMAZINGLY soft - I want to keep touching it.
I've been using this for a few weeks now and I will repurchase it. It gets slightly foam-y as you gently scrub and it washes of easily with no remains on the skin.

One reviewer said they didn't feel clean - Maybe try mixing a bit of this in with your Purity cleanser. This on it's own isn't a facial cleanser :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Sushi3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this, but it was waaay to harsh for my delicate, sensitive skin. It made me get red bumps all over my face and felt like putting little knives on my face instead of using a light scrub. Might be good for oilier/thicker skin, but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. My skin is very sensitive and scrubs often aggrevate my acne or burn my skin off. This is perfect. Very mild and gentle. I use it in the morning before my acne wash and my face feels really smooth soft. My acne treatments and moisturizers absorb better. If you prefer a serious "brillo pad" type scrub, you won't like this, it is REALLY gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Wileycoyote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this scrub, but I just don't get that I love this scrub feeling. I don't feel like it really cleans but after reading other reviews maybe I need to use purity first, I was using this as my main wash. It does foam which I like. THe bottle (8 oz) lasts forever and it's paraben free. I'm still on the fence whether or not I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using this product for an extended period of time, I've come back to re-write my review and change my rating. This has gone from a 4 to a 5+++ to me. I have dry/sensitive skin, so finding an exfoliant to keep my flakies away while at the same time not irritating my skin has always been a challenge. Until now, that is. I can use this every day without irritation. It is so gentle, but incredibly effective. My skin is glowy, and the difference in how much better my makeup applies is astounding. I'd been using baking soda mixed in with my cleanser, but this is much more convenient and does a superior job. Along with their regular cleanser, Purity Made Simple, philosophy's MDEW is definitely a holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice product from Philosophy, whose skin care products I love or hate. It's just Real Purity with scrubbing grains, but they did it right--not too scrubby, not too liquid-y, just right. It's perfect for a light exfoliation that won't leave your skin red, flaky, or traumatized. I love using it in the morning--my moisturizer absorbs better and my skin looks very smooth under makeup. I started with a sample of this, but have bought the full size. Thanks, Philosophy!

Update: after having used this for two weeks, I have to say that my skin looks fabulous. Between this and using PTR's UnWrinkle Peel Pads 2-3 times a week, even my melasma is less pronounced. My skin is smoother, softer, and more even toned. Hooray!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample from sephora, a quite generous sample mind you so I probably wont have to buy a full size bottle too soon. I love scrubs and exfoliaters (but I don't use them often), I usually use st.ives just because its inexpensive and does the job...I'm not too picky. Anyway, I feel this scrub is definitely a good few notches above my normal st.ives, it really does a great job of scrubbing! The granules in it are VERY fine in comparison to anything else I've used, but they do the job better than the larger grains. You can FEEL it working while you scrub. My skin feels super soft after, which I love, and the pores on my nose seemed smaller...yes! I used this a few times when I received it and then it gradually was forgotten and I don't know why! I found it today and I'm wondering why I haven't been using it all this time (I think I've forgotten the benefits of a good scrub). I have not used any other philosophy products, this is my first, and I am impressed. ****UPDATE**** I bought the 16 oz. bottle from sephora for 37 USD an I'm still in love with this stuff. It's my favorite scrub ever! It exfoliates better than anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by deidrehill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always craved smooth, dewy skin - and have since been on the lookout for an exfoliator that works. I'm a facial product junkie, so I have tried just about everything, but Philosophy's Microdelivery Wash is the only exfoliator that I would use.

My skin tends to be very dry with small blackheads on my nose. I use this every morning, and it literally takes away the need for a primer. My face feels completely smooth and looks even. I cannot say enough about this product. It is definitely worth the price, because a little goes a long way. I don't even think twice about ever buying another product. It also works great if you use the Microdelivery in the morning and Purity at night.