October 26, 2014 | 861 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by paperdove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a good concealer for my acne scars and bought this based on the reviews here. I was pleasantly surprised. When it comes to coverage, I think it is a lot better than BB's Cream Concealer and MUFE's Full Cover. The only two things I don't like about it are 1. it really accentuates any dryness I have on my skin, and 2. it can easily make the concealed area look cakey if I'm not careful with it. A very small amount at a time is enough because the texture is creamy and thick. Smearing it while applying will cause that look so it's good to pat only. I'm around NC25, Asian, and I use soft yellow. There aren't many color choices but it seems to blend with my skin fine. I plan to keep repurchasing this until I can find something better. It's the first time in a while that a concealer is actually concealing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by AnnP30

Generally, I've always been disappointed with most drugstore concealers, but Physicians Formula Conceal Rx concealer was a pleasant surprise.

Like most PH products, it's less expensive than other name brands like Cover Girl or Revlon but the concealer works just as well--if not better. A little dab is all you need, and it lasts all day to help hide my age spot (I have one on my right cheek that I hate). What I love about Physicians Formula products is they deliver good products on a consistent basis at reasonable price. I recommend this to anyone looking for an effective concealer at a consumer-friendly price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by haleygreen33

well. hate to rain on this parade, but this concealer just didn't work for me. i have suuuuuuper oily skin, like oil slick oily. it's bad. so i decided that i would give this concealer a try judging by all the good reviews here. it works okay but i really wasn't impressed. after a few hours it just slips right off my face, and i've tried applying it over moisturizer, over foundation, over nothing, under everything...but it doesn't stay. i also felt kinda weird just putting it straight on my finger and onto my face, no matter that i just washed my hands, so i applied it with a concealer brush, which worked okay i guess but i still felt kinda unhygenic. this was much better at covering acne scars and redness than pimples or undereye circles imo. if you put it straight on a pimple i found that it just did not cover at all. and my eye circles....they're weird, almost like undereye wrinkles as opposed to dark circles. i feel like this concealer almost accentuated them instead of covering them up. it also just doesn't really blend at all. and it wears off unevenly so i would get random blotchy spots on my face.

basically, bottom line, not impressed with this concealer and still on the hunt for a one that covers acne, acne scars, and redness.
any suggestions????

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by twinnyroo

BEST CONCEALER I SWEAR!!!! Everyone needs to go buy this. I have been looking for a concealer because I have oily skin and the concealer always wears off but this doesn't. It covers so good too i love this concealer!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by BronzeBabe18

PLEASE- Everyone needs to go out and buy this product so they don't discontinue making it! This is simply THE best non-caking, long wearing concealor ever! I love using it on acne scars and my dark circles....I have tried EVERYTHING to cover them. My HG combo is first I use BB Corrector in light bisque, because the pink brightens my eye area, and then the Physicians Formula concealor so it matches my skin tone and sets the corrector. It NEVER settles into fine lines and it stays forever! It can be drying for undereyes alone, so use a good eye cream and you should be set! I will buy this for as long as they make it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerhappy41907

I love this! The color I got (soft yellow) was too pale so I mix it with an equal amount of liquid bronzer and it's the perfect shade. It covers up every flaw completely and still looks natural and it stays on my oily skin all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by gwinni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never been this impressed with a concealer. I've probably tried dozens over the years and none match Conceal RX for me. A tiny dab of this product TOTALLY masks blemishes and broken capillaries. I've had the best results applying the Natural Light shade with my Paula's Choice concealer brush. It seems to work best if you put the concealer on after foundation and then lightly blend it into your make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2007 9:31:00 AM More reviews by lacharo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dark acne scarring and I have been trying to find a concealer with good coverage for what seems like forever. I finally talk with someone in Sephora who told me to look for a product that corrected the dark scares and then use a concealar to blend the color. I have finally found that!!!! This product is great at minimizing the dark spots!!! After I apply this product (which I use for correcting), I go over the spots with my MAC NC45 Studio Fix Concealer and set with a little of the Sutdio Fix powder and Itís done!!!! It only takes a little of this product, I can see it lasting for at least 4+ months. This product will now allow me to go back and use all of my other concealers I was going to through out because of colors not matching!!!! This is a great blemish corrector!! FYI..I bought it in yellow as I have darker skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by akk23

I was searching for a concealer that not only covers well but stays put and I have found it. I only gave it a 4 because there are only 3 colors available all of which are pretty light ("natural light" is perfect for me). My mom wanted to try it and we could not find a match for her (I'm fair and she's olive).
It is a drier formula so as long as you are well-moisturized it goes on smoothly. I use it mainly for blemishes and let me tell you it covers them perfectly....even the ones where you are like there is no way this is going to get covered up! Best of all...its oil and fragrance free and non-comedogenic.
It comes in a small tube for about $7 but a little goes a long way. I put a tiny drop on my finger, place it on the spot and then "tap" it in until its gone. It wears all day. So far its my HG concealer after trying MANY!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by chocolatto2u

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i couldn't find neutrogena concealer for blemishes so i just bought this concear yesterday at target for about $8. and let me tell you, it really pays off the price =]!!! i used neutrogena concealers for about an year but it never gave good coverage and messed up my make up few hours after. i always have new acne one after another so i have many acne scars which depresses me =[ ...BUT this concealer RX covered all of my acne and scars almost completely!! i was amazed how my skin looked :] and it's in a tube so i think it's hygenic using clean finger tips or brushes. this concealer stays on so long that i checked only one time on mirror the whole day to see if it was turning cakey or not. which it didn't =D i think you can use only a little amount cuz it does the job! i think i will buy it again until i find better concealer for acne marks~