April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by chocolatto2u

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i couldn't find neutrogena concealer for blemishes so i just bought this concear yesterday at target for about $8. and let me tell you, it really pays off the price =]!!! i used neutrogena concealers for about an year but it never gave good coverage and messed up my make up few hours after. i always have new acne one after another so i have many acne scars which depresses me =[ ...BUT this concealer RX covered all of my acne and scars almost completely!! i was amazed how my skin looked :] and it's in a tube so i think it's hygenic using clean finger tips or brushes. this concealer stays on so long that i checked only one time on mirror the whole day to see if it was turning cakey or not. which it didn't =D i think you can use only a little amount cuz it does the job! i think i will buy it again until i find better concealer for acne marks~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Love this concealer. Covers my imperfections so well. I'll have to try it under my eyes next since I have been having trouble lately with creamier concealers creasing and causing my eye makeup to smudge. I will update after trying it that way.

05.13.09 - I never updated this! Anyway, I don't remember if I ever tried this under my eyes or not. I just think that it might be a little too dry for that area since I have sort of dry and fine-lined skin there and need something more moisturizing. However, this concealer is still wonderful on zits! It covers great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I use this as an eye makeup primer. It holds the makeup beautifully and covers dark circles greatly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by bordelonc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HOLY GRAIL!!! I love this concealer! I have always had a hard time finding a good inexpensive concealer but I finally did. Purchased this at Walgreens for like $6. I got the soft yellow color. This covers super well, almost too well. I look so awake getting rid of my dark circles. It also works great on covering blemishes and you don't have to reapply during the day. Just apply once and it lasts throughout the heat and humidity of Houston. I recommend using the smallest dot because it goes along way. I personally feel that it is just as good, if not better than Bobbie Brown overpriced concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by abeautifulhaunting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color is almost perfect on me, but I notice it's kind of dry and cakey, or at least it becomes that way throughout the day. It may work well if your skin is very oily or if used with the right foundation, but it just looks too unnatural on my skin..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this concealer after hearing from my friend Kelly that it was an almost exact dupe for Amazing Concealer, which i tried and loved but couldn't bear to pay $40 for. well thank you Kelly! i'm really glad i gave this a shot first! it really IS exactly like Amazing Concealer in that it's a very, very heavy duty/high coverage concealer, which is exactly what i need to cover the incredibly dark circles i've been struggling with all my life. this product needs to be used in careful moderation though people! it's super concentrated and you hardly need a dot the size of a pin prick to get the job done. i have found that i can't use this as my prime undereye concealer because i get the dreaded reverse white circles around my eyes, but what i do is first use my foundation (Giorgio Armani Shaping Designer Foundation) to cover up my circles and eyelids, then i take a teensy dot of the PF concealer and dot that on the darkest part of my circles and blend carefully. this helps a TON with covering the darkness that no concealer ever could! and it's literally amazing for covering up zits and red spots, because it has a slightly drier consistency for a liquid and it dries to a budgeproof finish. and since you only need such a small amount of the product, this would last you atleast 3 years! i'm an NC20 and bought Fair Light, which works great for me. it's definitely worth checking out, but only if you need serious coverage. for someone with slight circles or discoloration this might be too opaque.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this concealer was alright. nc25 and i got 2 colors..the yellow and the 2nd lightest color. both colors seemed to blend in and match my skintone. but it was hard to blend and it wasn't opaque enough for me. i guess this would be a good concealer if you don't have dark circles like i do. it does make my dark circles less apparent DURING use. but it doesn't completely cover it the way mac studiofinish concealer does for me. box has sort of a promise of reducing circles after a few weeks of use...but i highly doubt that. but if i end up eating my words and it actually works..then i'll update this to a full 5 stars and let you all know.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Glykomeli

I tried a few of this line's concealers for dark circles with no luck.
It felt a little greasy, and no matter how much or little I put on it left a grey/yellow color under my eyes. Oh well. I gave it a shot. I don't know why I bothered since none of the other physicians formula products seem to work with my skin tone anyway. I think my skin is a shade or two darker than their darkest foundation. ( I think I matched with one of their bronzers, but I'm bronze already! haha) I'll keep looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Latejanafria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a concealer that would hide skin discoloration above my lip and bought this while on my quest for a HG concealer. It's economical and I thought that a liquid would be easier to apply than a stick (like Phyisican's Formula). I bought the Yellow, as I read here that this would help with dark skin discoloration (e.g. under eye circles).

I was persuaded by the packaging to purchase this product. On the back, there are several Before and After shots, one which showed correction of hyperpigmentation, my very problem. I tried this with great hope.

I lightly dotted the product on the affected area and then blended it in. Since this is a liquid, this was easily accomplished. Unfortunately, because I have a darker skin tone, it never blended completely. Even after I applied my foundation over it, the area was noticeably lighter than the rest of my skin.

I wish it had worked, but it didn't. It's a great product, just not for those with darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 1:15:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is pretty much as close to HG status as I think I'm ever going to get! I am dealing with my worst breakout ever right now since apparently my skin does *not* like glycolic acid. So we're talking like 9 really horrible red spots to cover, as well as redness around my nose. This stuff sure as heck does the job. For best results, use only the tiniest bit you can manage and apply in several sheer layers instead of one thicker layer. Just so you know the amount I use is smaller than a pea and it does all the problem areas on my face. I just apply it with my (clean) fingers. I am NW15 and use shade Fair-Light. It's lighter than it looks in the tube. The product cost about $9, and it was well spent considering for me this out-performed MUFE Full Cover which is a hefty $30. Like MUFE FC, Cover Rx is kind of a "dry" formula, so I would not rec. this for those with dry skin. I have oily skin, so it works out for me. Throughout the day it can start to look a little cakey if I'm having a particularly bad day oil-wise, but then I just blot gently, dust on a bit of powder, and spritz with MAC Fix+ (I keep a tiny vial of this in my purse). This method of removing oil but replenishing moisture seems to be working pretty well.