Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 8/3/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It seems like no one likes the smell of burt's bees' lipbalms but i think it smells fine. The only problem I had with it was because it wasn't "dry" like the original lipbalm. it was slippery on my lips. Also my lips are very pigmented, and when I put this on my lips it made my lips very dark, almost cranberry-ish. I'm still an active user of burt's bees but not this product.

I'm very impressed with this lipstick balm. For awhile ive sort of put up with the original burts bees lip balm because it did moisturize my lips but I had to apply layer after layer and that was very annoying. This I apply 2 swipes and I'm good (: it reminds me of my aveeno lip balm but this dosent leave a high glossy shine to it like the aveeno does. Anyways, this is totally my hg chapstick for the time being and will continue purchasing till they discontinue it.
PS. I still use the original yellow tube but that's only when Ive got a really drying lipstick on and I need that little extra moisture. Its great for that.

on 7/16/2011 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I know a lot of people say they don't like the smell, but I personally love it! It actually smells like what it advertises- pomegranate. It's also my go-to lip balm for when my lips are horribly dry, and are in need of moisture.

on 7/14/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

it is really smooth i love it everyone should try it! it doesnt smell good at all but i like it!!

on 6/30/2011 5:16:00 PM

It's OK, quite a nice lip balm really. I just wish I hadn't got the pomegranate one as I don't really like the smell/taste...

on 6/30/2011 4:54:00 PM

I'm not normally so at odds with a majority of reviewers, but I am on this one. I don't find this moisturizing at all. My lips are pretty dry, and I apply lip balm a lot, and I'm a stickler for a balm that makes my lips feel quenched and hydrated. This did neither. I'm not sure that it dried them out, but it didn't do hydrate them, either. This was the product that made me finally give up on the Burt's Bees brand. I'm consistently underwhelmed by their products.

on 6/28/2011 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I really like this lipbalm! Very moisturizing and hydrating. Perfect as a night-treatment and it works very well under makeup. It also feel like it plumps my lips a bit, because of the spices, which gives it a lovely scent! But when it gets into my mouth, which all lipproducts does, it gives such a bad after-taste! And I feel like it gives me a really bad breath. It's a pity, as its a lovely balm.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this lip balm. I prefer the Burt's Bees lip balm with clove oil though. I like the way it leaves my lips, but the pomegrante oil is my second favorite. I have Dermatillomania (impulse control disorder that makes me pick the skin off my lips). The Burt's Bees lip balms really help restore my lips, since lip smackers and soft lips dont really help. (:

on 6/27/2011 9:02:00 AM

Awful smell. I love pomegranate, which is why I bought this lip balm, but unfortunately like a lot of other Burt's Bees products I've tried, it smells baddd. It seemed moisturising enough, but the lingering bad smell drove me crazy. I could smell it while it was on my lips, which I hated so I washed it off. After wearing it once I let my mum have it.
I hate how Burt's Bees products are hit-or-miss in the scent department. They either smell awful, like this product & several of their hand creams, or they smell delicious like the lemon cuticle creme.
Also - dislike the packaging. But then again, in my eyes most of Burt's Bees' packaging is ugly.

on 6/26/2011 11:42:00 PM

Would have given this a 5 if it had SPF in it. Other than that, I LOVE this. Gives my lips a hint of sheer pink color and smells great. On my 3rd stick of this already. As far as moisturizing goes, I really don't use it for that. In the winter when my lips are dry and cracked I use something heavier. I usually put this on before I go out if not wearing lipstick or lip gloss.

Popular Lip Treatments