April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lhert

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation can be thick, but if you apply it with a kabuki brush, it looks great using just a dime sized amount to cover most of my face. I have melasma (age spots) and this does a great job covering them up! By using a primer beforehand and using blotting paper during the day, I am able to keep any oil breakthrough to a minimum.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by celodie

What first got me to try this product: it's non-acnegenic! An actual foundation that states that is rare! hehe
The coverage is full/heavy. I usually just use a small amount for my whole face or I'll mix it with a tiny bit of my moisturizer to get a lighter coverage. I have acne scarring and it covers anything and everything on my face that I don't want people to see. They have a very good color range and I always get compliments when I wear it. My 8 year-old niece told me the other day "Aunt Marcela. your skin looks smoooooooooooooth!" which is great to hear especially when she saw some of my cystic acne scarring on my cheek not that long ago and said "Aunt Marcela, why do you have like these 'holes' in your face?" I was like "thanks for noticing kid! now get out!" hehe j/k. but my feelings were a bit hurt because kids are sometimes too honest for their own good. lol So that compliment was really a great compliment. I highly recommend this foundation. :D

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's the best foundation i've found for excellent coverage. It covers my blemishes, acne scars and I use it also as an undereye concealer. I think my skin looks quite natural with it, it's not too cakey at all but an hour later I get all shiny as usual....I wish this foundation could be long-lasting and it would have been perfect especially for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by stellar4217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked this product but then after a while i realized that it was way too light for my face. I think I was so desperate for this to work that I was willing to overlook the off color, haha! The coverage is great. Anything you dont want to be seen won't be seen. However, my skin felt really oily by the end of the day & the foundation seemed to melt off as the day wore on. By the time my day was over I looked like a mess. I can see this working for some but it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by jackieiscandy

I've tried several foundations in other brands, they either too dry or made me irritated. And then I met this corrective foundation.
First of all its ingredients are so friendly.
Secondly, it can cover very well of my acne and blemishes.
And this foundation absolutely don't irritate my sensitive skin.
The only cons is that e foundation itself is a bit thick, but anyway apply it with a wet sponge would be all OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by carrieb85

I love this foundation. My skin used to be very acne-prone-- I've since cleared up, but I have a lot of scars. This formula is very thick and can accentuate dry spots, so I usually apply it with a wet makeup sponge and blend into the areas that need coverage. I find that it doesn't make me oily when used with a loose powder over top. Overall, this foundation is decently priced and does its job! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation, but I can't wear it. It's way too thick, and blending it isn't very easy. The lightest shade didn't match me skin tone either; it has a pink undertone, whereas I'm more yellow. And the next shade up is way too dark and orange for me. It went over all my dry spots and emphasized them. Even on the smoothest part of my face, the texture of the foundation looked rough and noticeable. Maybe, I'm doing all wrong, but I just don't want to have to spend an hour applying make-up just to get out the door. I'm looking for a simple foundation that goes on smoothly, and evenly - this foundation did neither. I don't mind paying more for make-up, as long as it works. Suffice to say, I'm quite disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Lily325

I am 25 years old and so that means that Ive been wearing makeup for like 10 years...I used to have acne..not the very bad one...but still I hated it,I dont have it anymore, but I do have the marks, some of them more noticeable than others...but since my skin is fair, you could easily see some of them...I started wearing foundation looking for a way to cover the scars...I also have kind of big pores...I went through every foundation you can think of,from drugstore brands to more expensive brands and nothing helped much...until I found Dermablend Foundation...for me it is just perfect...it covers my scars,makes my pores look smaller, lasts all day...it also has a great texture...though I do put it on just about a minute after moisturizer,before my skin is dry...otherwise it doesnt blend as easy,but still,its just the best,I am sticking to this foundation forever, lol....and well, its kinda worth the price, I pay about $30dlls for it....but it lasts for months and months since you only need a drop...anyway,I highly recommend it!

*UPDATE*
It's been a long time since my review and I still use this foundation only, I'm surprised when people say it leaves your skin oily, that doesn't happen to me, maybe you just applied too much, you only need a drop of this for your whole face! You should just know that this product is NOT for you if your don't have skin imperfections, if your skin is flawless and you just look for foundation to even out your tone or whatever, this is not for you. This is a Corrective foundation, If you have imperfections, scars or any redness, this covers it completely! and they are offering more shades now!

****Also, if you buy it, make sure you cut the top of the package once nothing comes out anymore when squeezing, because you have no idea how much stays in the package, I have been able to use it for more than a month after I cut it! I just put plastic wrap on top and put it inside a ziploc bag so it doesn't dry.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this after briefly trying the Marcelle tinted moisturiser foundation, which was too dark for my very fair skin tone (especially since it is winter!). It has great coverage, and like other reviewers have noted, you only need a very small amount to have moderate coverage. I find it works well when you mix it with some facial moisturiser, that way it looks more natural. It blends very nicely, and it has such a great finish, I usually skip using my loose translucent finishing powder by Marcelle because it really isn't necessary. This certainly provides a moderate to full coverage, so for those who don't want it to look too much like a mask, please keep my tips in mind. Prior to using this I tried a foundation by Estee Lauder called double wear light. It's a pretty good foundation, but I defiantly like this one better. I found this foundation to look more natural, and blended much better. As well, in dry areas it makes little flakies of dry skin not nearly as noticeable as with the other foundations I have used. So far, this is one of the better foundations I have used, and I am very pleased with its results.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite foundation ever. I only use it if I'm going out, otherwise I use Marcelle tinted moisturizer. For Vichy, I buy Opal and that's fine for the winter time. In the summer, I add a pump of Smashbox seamless foundation. It darkens up my dermablend well. This is the only thing that covers my dark circles. Also, when I was pregnant, it was the only thing that hid my breakouts and didn't cause new breakouts. This is the only foundation that I 've bought multiples of. The Best!