September 23, 2014 | 911 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dudulka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A huge letdown this one...I have rosacea and I wanted something that would cover the redness on my cheeks well without a need for concealer since I found that applying concealer and then foundation resulted in a cakey finish no matter what formulas I used. In theory a high coverage foundation should work best for redness without the cakeness. Not this one though, that is for sure. Even on properly exfoliated, highly moisturised and primed! face this gives a cakey finish and gets into pores like nothing else. Even if I set with Fix+ or TBS Vitamin E Face Mist it still is visible close up on skin. It is kind of unreasonable to expect a full coverage foundation to look skinlike but this could be much better. I would much rather have some redness showing through that have that dated '80s cakey spackled on foundation look this little gem gives. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid is much better at a fraction of the price of this. Props for the noncomedogenic formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by haily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is AMAZING foundation!
I have lots of acne scars and it is the foundation ,which is really good for me,because:
- it have full and buildable coverage
- it is not greasy
- it last long
- it doesn't break me out
- it doesn't look cake
i definitely recommend it !!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by msbailie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I've ever used. It works best when you use a primer (I use Smashbox photo light), or else it can feel a little mask-like and not blend properly. I have giant pores in my T-zone, and it hides them beautifully. It also resists shine much longer than any other product I've used, which means that I'm not loading up my skin with powder to stop shining.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cywk

I bought this the other day because I got myself a big dark scar on the cheek of my face. This foundation covers flawlessly, giving the image of perfect skin. But that's just the problem, it is too perfect, and mask like. Maybe it's the way I apply it. I've tried applying it with my fingers, and it goes on very thick and the finish is very matte. The coverage is absolutely amazing but on account of the makeup was very noticeable and didn't give a dewy effect, I don't think I will purchase this again. Maybe I will try applying it with a wet sponge, and I will edit this review after. But if you're looking for total coverage, this will solve all your problems. On the bright side, it's one of the few foundations that hasn't broken me out! It's a wonderful foundation for those who need extra coverage, but it isn't the look I'm wanting.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by danielitsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my HG product!!
could not live without this foundation!
it gives full coverage...and if applied with a wet sponge....it can become sheer enough and not heavy!
i'm using this product 2 years now and every time i buy another foundation its a disappointment!
the only bad thing about this foundation is that when i wear it in daytime it looks a little bit dark 4 me!!!!
take a sample and give it a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by PaintInPastel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical to try this foundation because everyone was having problems with the color choice, but I decided to try it, i was hoping it would rid me of my cakey looking make up, I have previous red
marks from acne, I have a pretty face, and value my looks
therefor I had been using Studio Fix Mac Concealer NC 15
with Physicians Formula 100% natural Translucent Finishing Veil, and Physicians Formula 100% powder foundation, it covered everything
but it looked so cakey ! So I tried this foundation, and it looks so natural, I don't mind the colour, I got in in opal, I use finger tip application, hasn't broken me out, dried out my skin..

* I worked all day, without doing a touch up i applied my foundation and dusted my face with physicians formula 100% natural translucent finishing veil, this make up stayed put*

pros +
hasn't broken me out
covers my acne marks
doesn't cake or look cakey
gives a natural glow to my face
doesn't feel heavy
doesn't get oily fast
lasts

cons-
color selection is limited

try this, it has changed my life and confidence level

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by chrisK75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The colors are on the orange side and they dry several shades darker. If you are fair. this stuff is not for you.
I'm glad a got a sample and didn't purchase the whole tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very creamy foundation however gives kind of heavy feel. Matte finish and long Lasting. Full coverage. I got color sand as a sample and I used it as the conture color for my face. Will try nude color as a regular foundation and will update more information.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by holly14

YAY! finally a foundation that I can freely slap on and not worry about mixing it with other foundations so it would blend better on my skin! I have spots, uneven skin tone, this works a treat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MissBettyful

I bought this a long time ago when it first came out. Saw it in Cosmo or something. I bought it in 25 Nude and it worked really well. It covers everything you want to hide but sometimes, it can cover too much.

That was at least 5 years ago, or whenever they first cameout with this line, so now my skin color has changed. I still but the 25 Nude but now I mix it with the 55 Bronze. I put 3 parts Nude and 1 part Bronze, they blend really well together. I squeeze a tiny dot of it in a lid and stir it around with a stippling brush. The brush really helps to blend the foundation, I personally feel that this actually waste less than applying with fingers. I just stir it in a lid, dab it on my cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead and blend away. This gives really even coverage and takes second for a flawless finish.

This foundation is extremely full coverage. If you apply the same amount as a medium coverage foundation, it will cover every single thing, so use a bit at a time when you are experimenting. This is also a great thing since you could double it up as a concealer. I didn't like the Dermablend concealer so I used the foundation. You just have to dab and blend with your finger tip. I use this as a foundation and concealer on blemishes.

If your skin is dry and flaky, it would work best if you exfoliate or moisturize really well. This foundation doesn't dry out skin, but it doesn't help to moisturize skin either

Overall, this is a great product if you have a big day with lots of pictures. I would say there's false advertisment since I've got melasma under my eye and it kind of shines through depending on the lighting, so I would wonder if it would really hide a birth mark or whatever. I use it everyday, and it doesn't break me out.