December 20, 2014 | 1165 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If i had done this review say 2 years ago, it would be my HG foundation. But now, while it has the dermablend and you may not need to use much, it looks a little unnatural and I can't find my shade at any drugstores anymore, Tawny. I still have 5 or more of them left but I rarely use them I've found more fitting products. It may be hard to findd your shade cause there are only a few to choose from. The consistency is super. Although I wouldn't buy thid product again, I would recommend it in a second.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lipglossartist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Some people complain about the price of this product, but for what you are getting..and what you are treating, price is no object. Its dirt cheap in comparison, at about $25 in drugstores. I need to cover old acne and even out skin tone. This is the HG product for that....and when you really get familiar with HOW to use it properly, I am confident that it could conceal just about ANYTHING. I do not use this all over my face, just squeeze out a 1/2 pea sized amount onto my finger and rub each on my cheeks, forehead, under eyes and T-zone. And add an extra LIGHT layer to cover fresh acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by mellylucy

My first review!! So, i thought i'd do it about a product i couldn't live without! This is the BEST corrective foundation ever, and trust me, i've used a lot!! I have acne rosacea, so my skin is very red and bumpy, i can't go out the house without this product on. It totally covers up the red and leaves my skin looking smooth. I used to use Clinique Continious Coverage, which does work well, but i think from a price point Vichy is better. It lasts all day with no need to top up and the colour 35 sand suits my skin tone well ( i know some of you have had a problem with the limited colours!) Having said all this, this foundation is incrediabley thick, it wouldn't be suitable for people with 'normal' skin, but it is a God's send to those with scaring and acne. It also doesn't rub into the skin very well (but then again, i guess if it did, it wouldn't have the coverage i need) it also rubs off onto clothes very easily, even with the Vichy setting powder. Perhaps it just needs a different setting powder to make it stay put and give less of a greasy feel! Any recommendations? :-) Also the packaging is pretty dire,let's just say it doesn't scream sophistication...and looks more like a cream to put on an ailment lol. Also it leaks out the tube so half of it is lost in the screw on top. So finally to sum up, it could do with some alterations, but overall i really couldn't live without this foundation, it gives me the clear skin i have always dreamed of! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Shastaravis

I'm someone with a very uneven, fair complexion, as well as combination skin and dark, blueish-purplish under-eye circles, so I'm sure you can see the difficulty I have with finding foundation. I have, up until recently, used L'Oréal's Ture Match foundation in Ivory Rose, which worked very well for me. Finding a right shade of foundation is simply impossible because I genuinely do have areas in my face where I am more tanned than others, so foundation will always be too dark or too pale, but True Match seemed to do a good job. The colour Ivory Rose is no longer sold in drugstores and department stores here in Belgium (I checked in 3 different cities, in 4 different chains), so I had to look for an alternative. Reviews on the internet about this foundation sparked my interest, because I always prefer to use foundation as a concealer on my under-eye circles, rather than having to buy a concealer. I don't like too much junk on my face, so the idea of a high-coverage but lightweight foundation really appealed to me.

In the pharmacy, I nearly ran back out because of the very poor shade range. I believe 6 shades were sold, all of them with warm undertones, the palest (opal, 15) being just a tad too dark for my skin. Because Vichy is a daughter brand of L'Oréal, and they are famous for their excellent foundation shade range, I was very disapointed, but since I had walked a long way to the pharmacy and I was curious, I went ahead and purchased it anyways.

I am glad I did buy this product. It is extremely pigmented and it is indeed very lightweight. You need very little to give you a nice coverage, in fact, you mustn't use much, otherwise it will look mask-like. I see a lot of people applying a lot of foundation on YouTube tutorials, which does give you a flawless look, but I keep finding it somewhat unnatural. This is perfect for those of us who want very little foundation, but a medium to full coverage without necessarely wanting to go for a flawless HD look. As this line is designed for people with skin conditions (scars and rosacea, for example), it definately gives a lot of coverage.

It is also very mild on the skin, non-comedogenic (which means it won't clog your pores), free of perfume, parabenes and other ingredients which often cause irritation with people who have very sensitive skin or allergies. I have recently begun using this as an under-eye concealer, which I have to say works very very well. I own a bright orange matte lipstick (it's by Manhattan), I dot a bit on my hand, then apply a small drop of foundation and blend it together to get a salmon-coloured concealer. It works wonders: buildable, lightweight and pigmented. I've tried most under-eye concealers and this combination beats them all. I end up setting it with a bit of powder and then leaving it that way.

Those are the pros, now what are the cons? First of all, like I said before, the shade range is laughable. You really are supposed to buy two shades and blend them, I believe. Because I am a little too pale for the lightest shade allready, I can't do that, so I have decided to use a bit of selftanner on my face (L'Oréal Sublime Bronze spray for the face), which has tanned me to a point where I can use Opal. How fair people suffering from skin conditions (and therefore probably won't be able to use selftanners) are supposed to cope, I don't know, and I am very irritated that Vichy doesn't seem to care. The other con is that the foundation looks a little dull when powder is applied to set it. I use my MAC Fix + spray to deal with that, but on my under-eye circles, I'll have to experiment with highlighters or pigments to make it look more natural and dewy.

Despite of these cons, though, this foundation is by far the best I have ever had, especially because of its use as an under-eye concealer. Have already repurchased, but praying for a lighter shade :o).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

4/15/2010
This is a very good foundation. I've been using it for a month or so and i'm really satisfied with it.

PROS:
1) Hypoallergenic, non- comedogenic, non-acnegenic which means it's suitable for all skin types(from sensitive to acne-prone).

2) Long-Lasting. I apply with sponge and use loose poweder over it and my (conbination) skin only starts to shine a bit after 8-9 hours. However, the imperfections won't start showing until 12-13 hours after applying.

3) Great Coverage. It doesn't matter how many blemishes you have, this foundation will leave you with flawless, matte complection.

4) Yes, it's cheap! It costs 18.5 Euro. I've used foundations from most brands (from Maybelling and MAC to Dior/Chanel/Estee Lauder and so on) and this one is better than them. My personal favourite is still YSL's Hydra Feel, though.

CONS:

1) It's not oil-free so on combo/oily skin the duration of the foundation drops to 8-9hours instead of 12 that's reffered on the product descreption.

2) If you use an excessive amount of product it might look a bit mask-like. Remember, less is more!

3) Poor shade collection. I'm NC20 and i use shade 15(opal) which is the lightest tone of this product. You might have to blend 2 different shades of this foundation in order to match your skin tone perfectly.

***Update***
6/5/2010
I heard that the fluid version is gonna be discontinued and replaced by the stick version. If anyone has more info on this, please do contact me. Thank you in advance <3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Good for covering up scars, but melts off and looks fake. Does not blend well even though brushes and primer were used. Did its job covering up scars and imperfections, albeit not naturally.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dudulka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A huge letdown this one...I have rosacea and I wanted something that would cover the redness on my cheeks well without a need for concealer since I found that applying concealer and then foundation resulted in a cakey finish no matter what formulas I used. In theory a high coverage foundation should work best for redness without the cakeness. Not this one though, that is for sure. Even on properly exfoliated, highly moisturised and primed! face this gives a cakey finish and gets into pores like nothing else. Even if I set with Fix+ or TBS Vitamin E Face Mist it still is visible close up on skin. It is kind of unreasonable to expect a full coverage foundation to look skinlike but this could be much better. I would much rather have some redness showing through that have that dated '80s cakey spackled on foundation look this little gem gives. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid is much better at a fraction of the price of this. Props for the noncomedogenic formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by haily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is AMAZING foundation!
I have lots of acne scars and it is the foundation ,which is really good for me,because:
- it have full and buildable coverage
- it is not greasy
- it last long
- it doesn't break me out
- it doesn't look cake
i definitely recommend it !!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by msbailie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I've ever used. It works best when you use a primer (I use Smashbox photo light), or else it can feel a little mask-like and not blend properly. I have giant pores in my T-zone, and it hides them beautifully. It also resists shine much longer than any other product I've used, which means that I'm not loading up my skin with powder to stop shining.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cywk

I bought this the other day because I got myself a big dark scar on the cheek of my face. This foundation covers flawlessly, giving the image of perfect skin. But that's just the problem, it is too perfect, and mask like. Maybe it's the way I apply it. I've tried applying it with my fingers, and it goes on very thick and the finish is very matte. The coverage is absolutely amazing but on account of the makeup was very noticeable and didn't give a dewy effect, I don't think I will purchase this again. Maybe I will try applying it with a wet sponge, and I will edit this review after. But if you're looking for total coverage, this will solve all your problems. On the bright side, it's one of the few foundations that hasn't broken me out! It's a wonderful foundation for those who need extra coverage, but it isn't the look I'm wanting.