October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Shastaravis

I'm someone with a very uneven, fair complexion, as well as combination skin and dark, blueish-purplish under-eye circles, so I'm sure you can see the difficulty I have with finding foundation. I have, up until recently, used L'Oréal's Ture Match foundation in Ivory Rose, which worked very well for me. Finding a right shade of foundation is simply impossible because I genuinely do have areas in my face where I am more tanned than others, so foundation will always be too dark or too pale, but True Match seemed to do a good job. The colour Ivory Rose is no longer sold in drugstores and department stores here in Belgium (I checked in 3 different cities, in 4 different chains), so I had to look for an alternative. Reviews on the internet about this foundation sparked my interest, because I always prefer to use foundation as a concealer on my under-eye circles, rather than having to buy a concealer. I don't like too much junk on my face, so the idea of a high-coverage but lightweight foundation really appealed to me.

In the pharmacy, I nearly ran back out because of the very poor shade range. I believe 6 shades were sold, all of them with warm undertones, the palest (opal, 15) being just a tad too dark for my skin. Because Vichy is a daughter brand of L'Oréal, and they are famous for their excellent foundation shade range, I was very disapointed, but since I had walked a long way to the pharmacy and I was curious, I went ahead and purchased it anyways.

I am glad I did buy this product. It is extremely pigmented and it is indeed very lightweight. You need very little to give you a nice coverage, in fact, you mustn't use much, otherwise it will look mask-like. I see a lot of people applying a lot of foundation on YouTube tutorials, which does give you a flawless look, but I keep finding it somewhat unnatural. This is perfect for those of us who want very little foundation, but a medium to full coverage without necessarely wanting to go for a flawless HD look. As this line is designed for people with skin conditions (scars and rosacea, for example), it definately gives a lot of coverage.

It is also very mild on the skin, non-comedogenic (which means it won't clog your pores), free of perfume, parabenes and other ingredients which often cause irritation with people who have very sensitive skin or allergies. I have recently begun using this as an under-eye concealer, which I have to say works very very well. I own a bright orange matte lipstick (it's by Manhattan), I dot a bit on my hand, then apply a small drop of foundation and blend it together to get a salmon-coloured concealer. It works wonders: buildable, lightweight and pigmented. I've tried most under-eye concealers and this combination beats them all. I end up setting it with a bit of powder and then leaving it that way.

Those are the pros, now what are the cons? First of all, like I said before, the shade range is laughable. You really are supposed to buy two shades and blend them, I believe. Because I am a little too pale for the lightest shade allready, I can't do that, so I have decided to use a bit of selftanner on my face (L'Oréal Sublime Bronze spray for the face), which has tanned me to a point where I can use Opal. How fair people suffering from skin conditions (and therefore probably won't be able to use selftanners) are supposed to cope, I don't know, and I am very irritated that Vichy doesn't seem to care. The other con is that the foundation looks a little dull when powder is applied to set it. I use my MAC Fix + spray to deal with that, but on my under-eye circles, I'll have to experiment with highlighters or pigments to make it look more natural and dewy.

Despite of these cons, though, this foundation is by far the best I have ever had, especially because of its use as an under-eye concealer. Have already repurchased, but praying for a lighter shade :o).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

4/15/2010
This is a very good foundation. I've been using it for a month or so and i'm really satisfied with it.

PROS:
1) Hypoallergenic, non- comedogenic, non-acnegenic which means it's suitable for all skin types(from sensitive to acne-prone).

2) Long-Lasting. I apply with sponge and use loose poweder over it and my (conbination) skin only starts to shine a bit after 8-9 hours. However, the imperfections won't start showing until 12-13 hours after applying.

3) Great Coverage. It doesn't matter how many blemishes you have, this foundation will leave you with flawless, matte complection.

4) Yes, it's cheap! It costs 18.5 Euro. I've used foundations from most brands (from Maybelling and MAC to Dior/Chanel/Estee Lauder and so on) and this one is better than them. My personal favourite is still YSL's Hydra Feel, though.

CONS:

1) It's not oil-free so on combo/oily skin the duration of the foundation drops to 8-9hours instead of 12 that's reffered on the product descreption.

2) If you use an excessive amount of product it might look a bit mask-like. Remember, less is more!

3) Poor shade collection. I'm NC20 and i use shade 15(opal) which is the lightest tone of this product. You might have to blend 2 different shades of this foundation in order to match your skin tone perfectly.

***Update***
6/5/2010
I heard that the fluid version is gonna be discontinued and replaced by the stick version. If anyone has more info on this, please do contact me. Thank you in advance <3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Good for covering up scars, but melts off and looks fake. Does not blend well even though brushes and primer were used. Did its job covering up scars and imperfections, albeit not naturally.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dudulka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A huge letdown this one...I have rosacea and I wanted something that would cover the redness on my cheeks well without a need for concealer since I found that applying concealer and then foundation resulted in a cakey finish no matter what formulas I used. In theory a high coverage foundation should work best for redness without the cakeness. Not this one though, that is for sure. Even on properly exfoliated, highly moisturised and primed! face this gives a cakey finish and gets into pores like nothing else. Even if I set with Fix+ or TBS Vitamin E Face Mist it still is visible close up on skin. It is kind of unreasonable to expect a full coverage foundation to look skinlike but this could be much better. I would much rather have some redness showing through that have that dated '80s cakey spackled on foundation look this little gem gives. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid is much better at a fraction of the price of this. Props for the noncomedogenic formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by haily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is AMAZING foundation!
I have lots of acne scars and it is the foundation ,which is really good for me,because:
- it have full and buildable coverage
- it is not greasy
- it last long
- it doesn't break me out
- it doesn't look cake
i definitely recommend it !!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by msbailie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I've ever used. It works best when you use a primer (I use Smashbox photo light), or else it can feel a little mask-like and not blend properly. I have giant pores in my T-zone, and it hides them beautifully. It also resists shine much longer than any other product I've used, which means that I'm not loading up my skin with powder to stop shining.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cywk

I bought this the other day because I got myself a big dark scar on the cheek of my face. This foundation covers flawlessly, giving the image of perfect skin. But that's just the problem, it is too perfect, and mask like. Maybe it's the way I apply it. I've tried applying it with my fingers, and it goes on very thick and the finish is very matte. The coverage is absolutely amazing but on account of the makeup was very noticeable and didn't give a dewy effect, I don't think I will purchase this again. Maybe I will try applying it with a wet sponge, and I will edit this review after. But if you're looking for total coverage, this will solve all your problems. On the bright side, it's one of the few foundations that hasn't broken me out! It's a wonderful foundation for those who need extra coverage, but it isn't the look I'm wanting.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by danielitsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is my HG product!!
could not live without this foundation!
it gives full coverage...and if applied with a wet sponge....it can become sheer enough and not heavy!
i'm using this product 2 years now and every time i buy another foundation its a disappointment!
the only bad thing about this foundation is that when i wear it in daytime it looks a little bit dark 4 me!!!!
take a sample and give it a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by PaintInPastel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical to try this foundation because everyone was having problems with the color choice, but I decided to try it, i was hoping it would rid me of my cakey looking make up, I have previous red
marks from acne, I have a pretty face, and value my looks
therefor I had been using Studio Fix Mac Concealer NC 15
with Physicians Formula 100% natural Translucent Finishing Veil, and Physicians Formula 100% powder foundation, it covered everything
but it looked so cakey ! So I tried this foundation, and it looks so natural, I don't mind the colour, I got in in opal, I use finger tip application, hasn't broken me out, dried out my skin..

* I worked all day, without doing a touch up i applied my foundation and dusted my face with physicians formula 100% natural translucent finishing veil, this make up stayed put*

pros +
hasn't broken me out
covers my acne marks
doesn't cake or look cakey
gives a natural glow to my face
doesn't feel heavy
doesn't get oily fast
lasts

cons-
color selection is limited

try this, it has changed my life and confidence level

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by chrisK75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The colors are on the orange side and they dry several shades darker. If you are fair. this stuff is not for you.
I'm glad a got a sample and didn't purchase the whole tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No