Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

I have bought this foundation because it had very good reviews. I have the colour 15 but its maybe a bit to light for me. I have put it on whole my face a couple of times but it did oxidize after a few hours and shiny which i dont like! Now I use this foundation als a concealer for scars and acne and under my eyes. It does a great job as a concealer. I don't know if i will repurchase.

Edit 24/11/2013: I didnt bought it again because the staying power ist that good on me and there are better alternatives out there

I had been looking for the perfect foundation for a while before I stumbled upon this. My skin is incredibly white and a bit oily. On top of that, I have some acne (not that bad) and dark circles below my eyes - those are the things that annoy the most about my face. Before I found out about this, I was using Revlon Colorstay - to be honest, I still use that, specially when my skin isn't thaaaaaat bad - but Vichy Dermablend is way better: it gives me that velvety look I've always aimed for (it covers my pimples and dark circles perfectly), but it doesn't look like I have a mask on (I apply it with a wet sponge and use tiny amounts of the product!) and, as the hours go by, my face doesn't get all shiny. As for the color, I got 15 - Opal and it's a perfect match to my skin (which is not that common).

Bottomline: it's a damn fine product and I will certainly buy it again, as I'm super satisfied with it.

After watching Lisa Eldridge's video I went straight out to get this!

It definately has become a staple in my routine, I use it every day and it lasts all day. I've starting using lighter foundation now rather than a full coverage all over and it's made such a difference in how I feel. I don't feel caked on with makeup anymore.

When I apply this, I find that if I put it on and then blot over it with the inside of a tissue, and then apply again, it covers fantastically and doesn't make me oil slick throughout the day (due to my oily skin).

I've got lots of very dark acne scars on my fair skin and this covers so well. There is one inparticular which is very difficult to cover, and I've tried quite a few concealers and foundations. With Dermablend, I take LESS than a pea sized amount and it does my whole face.

I've only marked this down a little due to the colour selection. The fairest shade in this line is a little too dark for me, but I find that as long as I blend it out properly then it doesn't give me the tangoed look.

I'm going to get this again when I eventually run out, and hope by that time there is a lighter shade!
LC x

Get it if you do not like the look of your skin-great coverage-great price-.I use it even now that my skin is better just because i want to look flawless.I use Honey shade since i ussually have St Moriz mousse on my face.
Great quality and believe me lasts for ever-you only need little amount.
I love it.

stumbled upon this gem whilst browsing foundation reviews on here. this product gives me the best coverage and the best skin tone match. i tried the tester in 'opal' in the store, and while it looked very dark coming out of the tube, it blended seamlessly in to my very pale (mac studiofix powder in N3) skin. purchased the bottle and came home to play with it.

a word of caution - do not use a heavy moisturizer under this, or the foundation will ball up during application and flake off throughout the day. i find, for my combination skin, this works best when applied directly to the face without a primer, and also works well applied over a light facial serum. i've managed to use this without a primer or moisturizer with absolutely no issues what so ever. no cystic acne, no clogged pores, no unpleasant feeling of makeup on my skin, and best of all once it sets (i don't even bother using a powder to set it as it's perfectly fine on it's own) it doesn't transfer!

washes off skin completely without the need for makeup remover or the oil remover process. feels fantastic. provides great natural looking coverage.

worth every penny. highly suggest getting a tester or sample first before purchase to make sure you get the right shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have awful skin. Terrible acne (always at least 3-5 active pimples), at least 1 cyst, and lots of bumps and large pores. Needless to say, regardless of what foundation I've used in my 10+ years of wearing makeup, my skin looks terrible. Most foundations just draw more attention to it. I've accepted the fact that I will never have clear skin, but I've found it increasingly difficult to accept that I can't even hide it with foundation.

Then I found Vichy Dermablend. Well technically I found Lisa Eldridge's acne covering tutorial, THEN I went out and found Vichy Dermablend, and I'm just so glad that I have it now. My skin has never looked near flawless. NEVER.

I recommend watching Lisa Eldridge's tutorial, but specifically what I do is wash my face, moisturize, prime, tinted moisturizer, then I use a tiny amount of Vichy Dermablend with a foundation brush (I use ELF Powder Brush, equally awesome) and concentrate on my more problem areas. Then I take a smaller concealer brush and use the Vichy Dermablend (the stick one) and cover up any flaws that still show. Set it and I have magically clear skin! HG for sure!

For reference, I am NW20 and use Opal 15 and it's a perfect match.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is SO close to being HG for me. I gave it four stars instead of five due to the limited colour selection. I am NC20 and use the palest shade Opal 15. Despite being cool toned, I do find it just that little bit too yellow to look completely natural, which is what I look for in a foundation. As other reviewers have already stated, you only need to use a pea-sized amount, which makes it very cost effective. I love this foundation because it makes my skin look flawless without being heavy or excessively matte. It's very versatile as the coverage is so buildable and it doubles up as a great under-eye concealer. As the name suggests, the formula blends really easily. I personally like to blend this foundation in with my fingers to get a sheer natural finish and I often mix it with moisturiser. SPF 20 makes it great for daytime wear. The price is half that of Chanel, Lancome etc. and the foundation performs a lot better. Vichy claims that it gives 12 hour coverage, I can't vouch for that, but it certainly does stay put. All I ask is that they make it in a greater colour range and it would also be nice to have the option of buying it without SPF for photos.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh baby. Oh yes. HG foundation for me. I've given it 5 lippies, which for me is rare.

I love this stuff so much, I want to take it to city hall and marry it. Even more than its amazing performance, I love that it proves that you don't have to stick with the large name brands (I'm talking about YOU, Make Up For Ever, MAC, Chanel, etc) to get a great product. I can't believe more people haven't raved about this, but just watch - it'll get around by word of mouth and really take off soon, I suspect.

I hope they never change the blend of this foundation. Thank the heavens above that I found it. I can't imagine any foundation impressing me more, unless I find one that also cleans my kitchen and does my laundry.

I don't know where to begin or how to find the words to express my love for this formula, but to finally have stumbled upon something I love so much after so many years of searching feels like winning the lottery. I could sing and dance its praises.

Basically, it does everything you'd want a foundation to do. It is SO versatile, so I would say any skin type could use it. If you tend to be dry, you can blend this in with a damp sponge and get an amazing affect, or mix with your moisturizer. If you're oily, ladies, this will knock your socks off.

It stays for HOURS. How it manages to do that without looking like a mask is beyond me. This, coupled with the Vichy Dermablend translucent setting powder, makes me one happy and satisfied gal.

Here's the list of PROS:
1. incredible lasting power
2. buildable (but you probably wouldn't need to build it, the first application is quite enough product for probably anyone)
3. easily applied, easily blended
9. not drying
10. not oily
11. not greasy
12. can be used on pretty much any skin type

The best pro I want to highlight is the backbone and main marketing point of the blend, which is that it COVERS. I have baaaad under eye circles, and I've struggled for years to find the perfect product or blend of concealers that would help me out with that area. This foundation almost completely covers my under eye circles and discoloration on its own. All I do after application is pop on the tiniest bit of my Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer under the eye to get a FLAWLESS face. Seriously, it makes me look like I have perfect skin, which is far from the truth. I just love that this product can do whatever you want it to.....you can go back with a tiny bit of it and use a small brush to cover any larger acne spots, scars, or zits that may need slight additional coverage.

BE CAREFUL how much you squeeze out of the tube - you will only need a pea-size amount for your whole face, no kidding. I've made the mistake 4 or 5 times now where I squeezed out a dime-size amount and ended up wasting half of it. So just squeeze a little out, apply, and if you need more you can always squeeze it out again.

The only possible con I can come up with doesn't even apply to me, but it's that the shade range is so small. I'm currently using #15 Opal, it's the lightest shade they have, and it's perfect for me. It looks much darker in the bottle than how it applies to my skin, as I'm quite fair, so I feel that maybe it works like those "tone-adjusting" foundations that sort of change to fit your skin...?? I have no idea. But I feel like each color would probably work for several skin tones. The #15 Opal I have would work for porcelain-light skin, anything in the lightest few shade ranges, but definitely not medium tones. You'd need to go to the next color for that.

Anyway, I can't rave about this enough without sounding like I work for the company. Haha. I hope you'll all give it a try and fall in love with it as I have! It truly delivers.

To commenter below, I think the product that's getting discontinued is the Vichy foundation that's in the pot, b/c they're replacing it with the cream stick. I think this product is still on their permanent collection. :)

The Vichy dermablend corrective foundation is AMAZING. It's perhaps the ONLY thing that can cover my dark eye circles, and let me tell you... I have really bad dark eye circles b/c of constantly staying up till 5am doing projects, or studying for midterms for my classes. Now I don't necessarily use this as a foundation, my main purpose or only purpose for buying this is to use as an under eye concealer. It does not disappoint b/c it's SUPER pigmented, while at the same time, it looks super natural and it feels great when it's on. It's also very long wearing. I put it on today at 830 AM in the morning, and by 11PM, the majority of it was still there! As others have mentioned below, a little goes a long way!

You'll love this concealer/foundation! :D It has replaced my bobbi brown cremay concealer and corrector (didn't like it b/c it kept creasing no matter what!). LOVE this product.

For reference, I'm an NC20 or NW20, and I use opal. It's just right under the eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Let me start this review by saying that I have extremely oily, acne prone skin with scarring and hyper pigmentation. If.that's not bad enough, i'm 45, and though I have no wrinkles, my skin is losing some of it's youthful elasticity. Okay, so on to my review. I am constantly searching for that one product that's just gonna make me look in the mirror and say "dang you look great". Estee Lauder's double wear is a faavorite of mine but sometimes feels too heavy. I saw lisa eldridges tutorial on covering acne scars followed by a review and tutorial by juicytuesday and I just had to try it. The color range is very limited but luckily shade 35 matches me perfectly. This foundation is highly buildable. I dab just a little extra on those spots that need it. A little of this product goes a long way. If you use a small amount and just build (I stipple it on) it looks natural and blurs out my scars. It hasn't broken me out but since its heavy i'm careful to use my clarisonic to clean my face whenever I use this product. I'm loving this foundation right now.