Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Lisa Eldridge was right, this foundation is amazing on acne-prone skin. I trust what she says and I bought it a couple of months ago when I watched that video. As a spot treatment on covering acne it works great. If I used this as a face foundation, I find that it's a bit too thick. I like to put MAC's face & body all over and cover up redness and scaring with dermablend. If you have scaring and acne the coverage is incredible. Two problems I found though. (1) The shade selection. Terrible. There's only like 5 shades. I bought 25, but it was too orange, but I liked it enough to purchase another tube in 15. Of course 15 is way too light, so I have to mix the two. That's annoying, because they should expand their shade range. (2) Finally, I find it can make my face greasy, especially if I wear it alone. Also there's no way that I can get 12 hours with this foundation. I don't find it long wearing at all and I'm lucky if I get 5 hours before it fades and gets shiny. My skin isn't oily and I always use powder anyways, but I seem to get a sheen no matter what. I do think this foundation is worth the extra time and effort, and I will keep repurchasing it.
UPDATE: I haven't repurchased this one. The shade selection is terrible and I think the Laura Mercier's silk cream foundation is much better. I'm willing to pay more for a foundation shade that matches!

on 2/14/2011 5:06:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation of ALL time. I absolutely can't say anything bad about this product. I use oil-free in nude and it is the exact color of my skin. It evens out my skintone perfectly and I have some acne scarring and it covers so well. Because it is oil-free it NEVER breaks my skin out or makes it oily. My skin looks flawless without being cakey looking or orange. I never have to use powder over the foundation, it works well on its own. I have used so many foundations over the years, trying to find one that A.) doesn't break my skin out B) will over imperfections C) doesn't look cakey is so hard. It is impossible to find all of these things in a foundation and this product is it. I love it. About $30.00 a tube, lasts me 5 months. So worth it. I'd recommend this product to anyone.

on 2/12/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this for $28 at CVS, and around £15 in the UK, where I currently am.
Shade: I'm Asian with light-medium skintone, with a MAC NW25 shade in the winter and NC30-35 in the summer. I'm currently also a Sunny Beige in Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation. I have this foundation in Nude 25.
Overall: I'm very impressed by this foundation. It's the winter and I currently have dry combination skin that's acne prone (and is being abused by prescription acne medication aka Retin-A Micro that dries it out even more).
Pros: This is an excellent full coverage foundation - one pea sized amount is enough to cover the entire face and to spot conceal blemishes. In fact it's so full coverage that it looks a tad bit unnaturally matte and powdery if you apply with the fingers, but I've learned to apply it with a damp sponge and it'll look just like skin but better. I set it with my Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation Powder and it stays put all day. Because this foundation requires so little, it will really last - and also because it has 25% more pigment than most other foundations, you definitely get more than what you pay for.
I have also not broken out or reacted from this foundation, despite having sensitive, acne prone and dry skin, which is a major plus, since I break out from everything.
Cons: This foundation WILL highlight dry skin, so I highly recommend moisturizing well before applying. Also, the shade selection is extremely limited. When I bought it at the time, shade 25 was too light, and 35 was too dark. I got the lighter shade thinking that I could use bronzer to darken it to my skintone, but my face just looked pasty after the bronzer was applied.
Despite that I would highly recommend this for anyone with acne-prone and sensitive skin. This product sounds like a godsend - high coverage, oil free, non-comedogenic, fragrance free, tested on sensitive skin... and for me it is a godsend. I hope my review helps!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this a few days ago because I want to start using expensive foundation since I have such problematic skin. I have acne scarring - some of it is pretty deep, others are just red marks, I also have active acne, some redness, freakishy sensitive skin and sometimes really dry and flaky skin. I have to be really careful with what I put on my face because it reacts to everything. I bought this foundation hoping it would cover my imperfections while making my skin actually look nice and in return not break me out. I'm happy to say that this foundation did everything I was hoping it would. The color match is also amazing. I have fair skin with golden/yellow undertones and finding a shade that matches my skin exactly is very difficult since I'm not dark enough to be considered as having a medium skintone, but I'm a lot darker than most fair-skin people. I was really surprised that the lightest shade (Opal) matched my skin perfectly. Outside in natural light and even under harsh lighting, it matches my skin so perfectly that I don't have to worry about getting that dreaded line on my chin from not blending it properly down into my neck. Ever since I started wearing this make-up I have been getting compliments from people that are brutally honest and they've been telling me my make-up looks great. This cost me $30 + tax at Shopper's Drug Mart. I used to use CoverFX before and while I really liked it, I realized my skin was changing and CoverFX didn't really look amazing on me anymore - my face looked super shiny after and the coverage wasn't that nice. CoverFX is also more expensive than Dermablend foundation. I also like the fact that you only need to use a pea-sized amount of Dermablend to cover your whole face. I apply make-up with a *very* heavy hand, so applying such a tiny amount seemed ridiculous to me but the beautician at Shopper's showed me how to properly apply the foundation with a brush and now I know how to do it properly without wasting a ton of my foundation. As long as it's covering up my acne and scars and not breaking me out, I will keep repurchasing this!

EDIT: This foundation makes me look greasy and shiny after a couple of hours. Will I stop buying this? No. But I will definitely have to buy a better powder to help control the greasiness.

EDIT: It is July 2012 and I am STILL using this foundation. I think this is the longest I have ever stuck with one foundation. It is absolutely amazing. Yes, I still have problems with it looking greasy but it's nothing a little bit of powder or oil blotting sheets can't fix. Best of all, this foundation has still NEVER EVER broken me out which is a huge must for my make-up needs! Lately I have had some problems with my foundation making me look a little too pale (or as my sister would say, "you look like a flourescent ghost"). I thought it was a little strange considering I haven't tanned and my skin doesn't look darker. I add just a tiny amount of some of my Cover FX Foundation I used when I was really tanned last summer (shade NE 40) to my Vichy Dermablend foundation and blend them together. The blend gives me some color to my face without making me look orange or dark in a fake way. I find that the combination of both foundations is also amazing.

on 1/30/2011 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's alright at most... I have acne marks and it covers them slightly, but if I want to cover them fully it looks like a mask on my face. The marks aren't even that red, they're actually quite light compared to what they were like.
My skin is really oily and it doesn't stay on for long, and I get shiny quickly on my t-zone. It's also not very easy to blend.
Basically, the only good thing I found about this was how I found an exact colour match, didn't clog my pores (weird because it's so thick, my pores get congested so easily), and didn't have an offensive smell.
2/5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros
Evens out your skin
Blendable
Pigmented, it really covers scars, blemishes and pores

Cons
For my oily skin this just doesnt work.

At first applied it looks wonderful, very matte but it doesnt stay that way, in two hours my skin is shining all over, not even the matte mousse does me this. :(
It may be work for people who dont have such oily skin as i do :) I think im gonna try the Estee Lauder Double wear, since i saw a makeup artist for tv using this on a tv presentor and it stayed put all day, and also because of the reviews here in MUA.
I dont think im gonna buy this again im in the search for my HG Foundation!

on 1/6/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love love love! For $27 CAD this product lasts me a year which makes it very affordable. It is very pigmented and photographs wonderfully. I was introduced to this product 6 years ago when I had a lot of acne and needed something to cover well, medium - full coverage. Very buildable. I have used other foundations but always have this in my collection as it works the best for me. I keep going back! Now that my acne is relatively gone with the occasional break out, I use it on spots, red areas and as under eye concealer and use powder or a lighter foundation on top. For special occasions & late nights I'll use it on my entire face and it has amazing lasting power and evens my skin tone. I have oily skin and use the dermablend loose powder to set it and it lasts for 6-7 hours, and I only blot once.
Highly recommended! I was lucky to find this in my shade, I have light skin (south asian) with yellow undertones and Sand 35 matched perfectly, but the shades are definitely limited. The packaging is decent and hygienic, but sometimes I wish it came in a pump

on 12/27/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

About me:
PPP with warm undertone (NC10/15)
40 sumthing
Up untill recently had quite some hyperpigmentation
Combo/dry/sensitive

I bought this foundation last week and LOVE it.

Coverage: more then enough
Buildable: yup

It covers the few hyperpigmentation I still have and also evens out my skin (have a tiny bit of redness on cheeks).

I'm using a Mineral powder or blot powder to set the foundation and this works really well.

I would def. recommend this foundation if you want a medium to full coverage.

on 11/30/2010 11:40:00 PM

Love this product and have been using it for about 2 months now. Good tip is that it can be layered on if you opt for more coverage. Not sure if the regular Dermablend line is the same as Vichy since Ulta carries only the regular line, but I have only used the Vichy one and so far it has been the best foundation I have tried compared to others such as MAC and Shiseido.

I am really not sure if it's worth it's price. The coverage is quite good, way better than many others, which is important for me, because I want to get a smooth natural finish without much imperfections being seen. I have a combination, sensitive skin, but I am not allergic to this one, which is fine. I am using the fairest shade and I think this is not good for too pale skin - too dark for it. I usually use the second fairest shade of makeup and this one is quite OK for me, but not ideal. I don¨'t know anything better, so I will repurchase until my skin gets better (imperfections, results of allergies...)