July 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This could be my favourite foundation if there were lighter colours to choose from... :(
It has an amazing coverage, stays on and my skin likes it. But the lightest colour wich is "opal", number 15, is darker than my skin tone and a bit yellower too. But if i blend it carefully it works, but not the best.

But... This foundation works like a perfect eye shadow primer!!! ( I like it more than my Artdeco Eye Shadow Primer)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by sdonn80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this in tandem with the Skin concealer.
Pros: non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, hypoallergenic (which is great for my sensitive, acneprone skin), blendable.
Cons: borders on mask-like and the colour selection sucks. I mix the 15 opal with 25 nude AND coppertone for faces sunscreen because I hate feeling like I have a mask of makeup on my face!!

I'll go with Cover FX next time...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

You have to be extremely careful when you use this foundation: 1) moisturize for sure and then apply this immediately; and 2) do not use a lot. If you use this foundation with these two factors in mind, you will love this foundation. I am oily and before using this, I had a lot of skin problems. Make the long story short, my skin was uneven. I looked high and low for a foundation that does more than covering problems...This not only covers, it is also healing. I use the Body Shop Seaweed skincare and this product. My skin is getting better and better. You can easily use less and less of this foundation or mix it with your moisturizer to make a tm. Great product. It is much better for your skin too-

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by anoon

Ok.. so this is my second time so far using this product.. and so far... sooooo good!! this stuff is absolutely Amazing!! Ive tried soo many foundations in the markey. from Estee Lauder, to Smashbox, to MUFE, and to regular wal-mart brand.. and this by far is my all time fave.. and I wouldnt normally say this to anything ive only tried for a couple days. but I also havent said that about the foundations I've used for months..
It's a thicker foundation.. so if ur not so used to that.. maybe its not the right foundation for u.. but a little does go a long way.. as other reviewers have noted. It covers up imperfections so well, that u would only need maybe a concealer, if that.
This Foundation is basically made for those with minor acne scars, redness, irregular skin tones, enlarged pores, n dark circles... as it says on the box..
Gives an amazing flawless finish that lasts throughout the day. no creasing, no flaking or buildup..
i definitely recommend..
n I will post another response if I see any changes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After a few years of being loyal to mineral makeup I decided to dive back into the world of liquid foundations. I wanted something full coverage yet natural looking. Dermablend is all it is cracked up to be. I am in love with it! The coverage, and the natural - yet flawless look. I think it is all in the application.

I start with moisturized skin and place tiny dots of this all over my face, including undereyes. Smooth out and blend with fingers until coverage is achieved. I might even go at my undereye again with the dermablend concealor. And presto - smooth, flawless skin.

Moisturizing first is an absolute must in my opinion - helps it go on smooth. This is a very thick/pigmented foundation so a little bit will go a long way. Do not use too much as it will look mask-like and obvious. I use the shade Nude and it is working/looking great!

I am going to take a min to talk about the dermablend concealor as well. If your skin is just uneven but not that spotty or discoloured - you do not need the concealor. If your undereyes are not purpley and dark - you do not need the concealor. The foundation will cover these imperfections just fine without concealor. I have very dark undereyes and a lot of redness around my nose and forehead so I use the concealor as well to help get rid of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

This is the best foundation ever! Like to me it is the best foundation ever cuz i don't know if this ever happened to anyone but I had to big blemish on my forehead and this foundation like reduce it and I didn't do any thing but moisturize and but this foundation on and it covered everything and reduced my blemish! Great foundation! Definately will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

THis definately does cover everything!!! This product goes on smoothly (I have used my fingers and a damp sponge, brush was disasterous!) and leaves a very even finish, just a bit too uniform for me, I like to even out my skin tone but this was too much for my personal taste. It didn't break me out or clog my pores, it didn't even sit in my fine lines but it just felt way way too heavy for me. I was really aware of how much coverage it was giving and I just don't feel comfortable wearing it.
I love Vichy, I think the products are great and if you want a completely full coverage, no messing foundation then this is it. I will stick to using it as a concealer, which it does a great job as and it blends really easily into other products.
Packaging is OK, but a bit cheap and unimaginative, the price is reasonable. I think for some people this could be a godsend, worth trying if you need a great concealor or really like to know you have complete coverage of everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i'm in love! this covers evvvvvvvvvverything. i can't get over how flawless my face looks when i'm wearing this. in terms of coverage, it beats every foundation i've tried. others may find it a bit heavy - it *is* thick 'n' heavy (just how i like it :))

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by xsannex

I have been using Dermablend for years now. I have always repurchased it, I still love it!

This stuff covers really really well, even for scars, spots and severe redness. It's thick, but not heavy. You shouldn't use to much of it, a little dot of this foundation does the trick.
When you apply, you are done in just seconds, because it covers so well. I always use this with a moisturizer first, then the foundation, and after that I use a transparent loose powder, so it's fixed. If I don't use loose powder, it tends to melt off my face during the day, so it looks like a little layer of foundation 'on' my skin, that's a shame.
I apply with my fingers, but I think it also works great with a stippling/flat brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by giraffesintheair

I got this foundation because it was recommended to replace my Cover FX and had apparently the same effect and coverage but for cheaper. I have very acne prone skin and need full coverage for acne scars

It doesn't come in very many shades and I actually got a mismatch for this foundation. (I got nude 25, I am NC 30) When I bought it, I asked for samples to try out at home incase I needed to return it. When I found out that it was the wrong colour, the store didn't take it back because the inner seal was broken (it must have peeled off before I bought it)

Anyway, this foundation is okay. it gives close to full coverage, and a little goes a LONG way. I find that it doesn't blend very well though and leaves splotches on your face. It also leaves a powdery look and makes your skin flake if you get a tiny bit dry.

I don't recommend it and I won't be buying it again