April 16, 2014 | 1970 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by ta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample MUFE Mat Velvet in shade 70.

PROS:
Shade 70 was half a shade too light but after about 30mins -1 hour it settled into my skin and didn't look as pasty as when I first applied it. So I would say it 'melted' into my skin tone.

It goes on matte and feels powdery when I applied it (with my fingers), which I like since I have VERY oily skin.

CONS:
Does not keep oil at bay at all! My face was just as oily as when I used other foundations, there was no difference at all.

The bad thing about this foundation is that because it doesn't keep oil at bay the foundation ends up looking cakey and settles into the creases under my eyes and around my mouth.

Does not look flawless, it just looks slightly cakey and gives that obvious 'foundation' look to my skin.

OVERALL:
I give it a 3 out of 5. I wont be buying a full size bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I really like this foundation! I wanted something a little bit lighter & more natural looking for an everyday foundation, but still with decent coverage. My skin is pretty clear, so I don't really need that much coverage, so this foundation worked well enough. If you have acne, or major redness, then you would probably need to use something a little heavier or concealer under this foundation. This foundation has not caused any breakouts, smells pleasant, goes on very smoothly, does not make my face look dry or accentuate on dry patches, looks natural, & helps my face stay matte for pretty much the whole day. I don't even have to use a primer or powder over this or anything. But then again, I don't have oily skin so I'm not sure how it holds up for people with super oily skin. What I like the most about this foundation is that it looks like I'm not even wearing any makeup! Which is exactly what I wanted. This blends in very well on my skin & I found pretty much a perfect color match, (#35). The only thing I will say, is that this foundation does settle into fine lines, & laugh lines. Even though I found a good color match after trying every shade, I wish this foundation didn't make my face look so dull. With this foundation, it is a MUST for me to put on some blush or bronzer to liven up my face. But, I would definitely buy this again. This is expensive, (I believe it was around $42). Great natural looking foundation.

** I want to add that it is super hard to find a dead on color match with this foundation because there are not many colors to choose from. Keep that in mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sixspeedschro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had very high hopes for this foundation but I'm very disappointed. I've been on the quest for a foundation that covers my acne scars yet looks natural-enough on the skin. I need to mention that I am on topical acne products. I still have very oily skin but these products make the skin around my break outs extremely dry. With that being said, even with a moisturizer application on my face and Hard Candy's lite primer, this foundation still WAY over-exaggerates those dry patches, more so than any other matte foundation I've tried. I will say that it is verrrrrrrry matte. I stay fairly shine-free for about 6-7 hours, and that's with working with computers all day (oddly enough, a lot of physical work). So if your main concern is shine, this foundation is for you. But it just doesn't look good on my skin. It doesn't blend to a nice finish. With the tiniest setting of DiorSkin powder, my face still looks uber cakey and just fake. I will be going back to Sephora and returning this foundation in hopes to find something else that suits my needs :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by tishaflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have finally found my HG foundation. I have very oily skin, I usually get oily within an hour of application (former foundations MUFE HD 170 and Chanel Perfection lumiere 64 beige ambre). I am an NC45 in MAC, I wear #70 in Mat Velvet+. I apply this foundation over Tarte clean slate poreless and set with MAC blot powder followed by a spritz of Urban Decay/Skindinavia Deslick. I was able to get about 6 hours of wear before getting shinny. Huge improvement. I will repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

This foundation was very cakey it did stay on all night with setting spray but I absolutely did not like the cakey fake look it gave my face....this was a waste of 40+ dollars..

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ctat07

i bought this because makeupbytiffanyd really likes it and she has oily combination skin just like me however unlike her i found this foundation to be over priced for its less than average pay off. didnt control my oil like i had hoped and it made the skin around my mouth , chin and cheeks look really dry and gross. this was the effect i got when i used smashbox photofinish light under it, so i tried cover fx matte primer instead, this definitely made the product go on smoother and made it easier to blend but it was still nothing special and i think that says more about the primer than it does about the foundation. had a good colour selection, 02 was a perfect match for me :) oddly about this foundation is that it looks cakey but i dont think it covers too well, the coverage is at most medium, acne and scars are still very noticeable after applying this foundation. overall id say its not worth the money, i prefer the clinque stay matte foundation and i only used that today so far and ilike it much better

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by 54464

This product that is raved about, isn't my favorite. There are better products out there, and this product is not the one.
I got the product, almost bursting with joy, this product I wanted to be my savior. It wasn't.
The coverage is not sheer, but it's not medium. It covers things up but still shows them.
It's hard to apply to the face.
It doesn't do much for oil control.
I find myself oily after three or four hours of wear without a primer.
*Oily for me is when my skin is covered in a layer of oil, and it gets pretty bad.
Doesn't look nice on the face for everyday wear, and when you take pictures it shows acne completely.
It didn't break me out.
This product didn't do much for me. Stay away if you have dry skin, and I just don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by samerajome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried a full face the foundation in sephora and also asked for a sample to take with me and I got so many compliments for the rest of the day. After using the foundation for the rest of the week in different environments and outings I was sold and went to buy a full bottle immediately. my only complaint is that I wish it came with a pump!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by FatalGrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of make up forever.
sadly, this foundation did not work on me at all. I bought the right shade and everything. i wanted a mat foundation for parties and photoshoots but the texture was not what i'm looking for.
My skin is normal (sometimes though it tends to be a bit oily on the Tzone) but mostly just a normal skin type.
This foundation made my skin look VERY DRY,, although i did use a moisturizer before i apply it.. it looked way too mat like there was dust on my face ;S
i knew it dries quickly so i made sure to work fast with it, didnt work.
the first time i applied it with bobbi brown fondation , again, didnt work.
second time i used my hand for application , still didnt work.

My advice? if you're going to buy this product for the first time, dont try it on your hand/arm/wrist because when i did so the results were
fascinating but when i tried it at home i didnt like it at all. So try it on your face before you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by amandanicole1995

i actually like this product in a foundation i always look for coverage, finish and how long its going to last. i find that the foundation is very easy to blend and it gives a very natural looking finish without looking too cakey or dewey. overall, price wise i think its pretty worth it.i can apply it in the morning and in the afternoon it looks like i just applied it! Amazing product

the complaints that i have its that you dont know whether your out or still have some left in the bottle.