November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be a good product, because I love the toning properties of cocoa butter, but hate the nasty, plastic chocolate smell that Palmers cocoa butter has.

This stuff smells amazing. Like coconut, suntan lotion. Not really chocolatey at all. At first when you put it on its very luxurious and hydrating, but within 15-20 minutes or less your skin is dryed out again.

This might be a good choice for the summer months when you need a lighter body moisturizer, but for now ill stick to my pricey body butters from TBS

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by andimar

In the winter, the skin on my legs tends to get dry and itchy, so it is key for me to find something that will do a good job moisturizing. I've always used Curel Intensive Moisturizing lotion, but I wanted something at a better price and in a bigger bottle, since I use lotion every day and go through it rather quickly. I am very impressed with this product--it absorbs quickly, smells good (almost a nutty scent--but it doesn't last once you put it on!), and leaves my skin moisturized all day. I definitely recommend this product and plan to buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by strawberryicepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this lotion. I guess I can describe my experience with it as a "love-hate" relationship. On one hand, it moisturized pretty well and left my skin smooth and soft. On the other hand, although it seemed to absorb quickly, it left a tacky, sticky, slightly greasy-ish film on my skin that made it an absolute nightmare to put clothes on right after. I had to wait about 20 minutes to wait for the film-feeling to go away, and even then. if i ran my hand across my skin, it wasn't really smooth at all. It went away by the next day, leaving my skin soft and smooth, but it isn't worth the discomfort and long wait imo. I have finished the bottle, and found a new better lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I love this lotion. It's very moisturizing and leaves skin looking and feeling buttery-smooth. This is very good for normal and dry skin. I'm on my 3rd pump at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by KRISTEN34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this whole line. Its inexpensive and works great. I like the smell too, which is sort of beachy, but light. I think this lotion actually works better for me than alot of the higher end lotions that I have tried.
I have the lotion, the body butter, and the gel oil, and the only one Im not sure about is the oil. I like useing the body butter at night, and the regular lotion after showering in the morning. My skin has not been this soft in a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice lotion, it makes your skin soft and the smell is nice. I have sensitive dry skin and sometimes patches of eczema, this lotion doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by bwonggg

LOVE THIS. i have extremely, EXTREMELY dry skin, due to eczema. I used this and in 3-4 four days, it was softer! Smells great too

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 6:24:00 AM More reviews by darkillusion

I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. I used to use baby oil because i never found anything that moisturized as well and didn't irritate my skin (like olay quench did).
not only does thins lotion smell delicious - light vanilla-y scent - but it really moisturizes your skin immediately and absorbs quickly. i used to have dry patches on my hands but it softened those on the first application!
would recommend this to everyone with dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was a decent lotion. A little goes a long way. The smell was OK, but I prefer Palmer's cocoa butter scent better. The moisturization was worth another purchase, however.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I like this lotion because it is light and moisturizing. It doesn't take long to absorb, and you don't have to worry about leaving fingerprints everywhere after applying. The smell is great also. I can't believe Vaseline made such a great product, and you can't go wrong with Cocoa Butter. I am knocking off one Lippie because my dispenser keeps getting clogged and the lotion shoots out in any direction it chooses.