September 2, 2014 | 1347 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I've got BLACKHEADS, I've always had friggin' blackheads; inherited for life, no matter what I do. So I was truly, honestly, absolutely shocked to see such a difference in my appearance after just 1 mask. I've used oil absorbing masks all my life and I've never had such results as with the yogurt for blackheads.

This is what I did: in the evening, on a lark, I smeared on 2 TBS of Stonyfield plain organic "creamy top" yogurt (just because that's what I happen to eat) and laid down for 10 minutes (with cucumber slices on the eyes, ooh la la) and pretended to meditate. Washed it off with cleanser to make sure it all came off (because there is bacteria in the yogurt, after all). The next morning I exfoliated with St. Ives "Invigorating" Apricot Scrub because I wasn't keen on the filmy layer still left on the skin from the yogurt. Then I looked in the mirror for the first time. Holy cow. The usual dozens of black dots are greatly, greatly reduced.

Now, here's the thing. The gunk in the pores was still there (did habitual OCD extractions to find out) but the blackheads' surface was much diminished both in size and color. This is friggin' amazing to me. I didn't expect much results but between the reduced appearance of the blackheads and the exta smooth skin, I am very impressed. In fact, I didn't know how smooth my skin could be before this - and without causing redness the way acidic peel masks do.

I really think the key is to use a scrub the next morning. That's the next step. The lactic acid from the yogurt does it's magic and then you buff off the loosened junk.

I'm going to follow other girls' advice and only use this once a week. I can't wait to do it again. I haven't been this excited over a beauty treatment in years!

P.S. Paula Begoun says yogurt has not been proven to improve skin and may even cause acne. Use with caution, I guess, but personally I have to differ.

32 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it! At first I was skeptical about this mask but so many positive reviews provoked my curiosity and I so have tried it 3 times in the past week. I use 1.5 tbsp of plain 1% yogurt mixed with a few drops of lemon juice and apply it to my cleansed face for about 30 min. After the first use my skin felt incredibly soft and after the third time I noticed that my skin tone has become more even and fresh, whatever redness I had was reduced. I think this mask is definitely something to try and will continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MadeasRage

Cheap and cooling, especially for sunburns. I like it with rosewater or ACV. Packaging is tricky, as each foil wrapped cup is basically single use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really cheap way to exfoliate the skin with lactic acid. im exfoliating everyday with a lactic acid product now (amlactin). but i still use this as a treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used Sisley, La Prairie, La Mer and other luxury brands MASKS and I'm not ever kidding if I say that Yogurt gives me a glow, moisture, calms my redness and acne, etc, etc like no other mask in the entire market, I'M SERIOUS!! IT'S AWESOME, I've recently tried a home made scrub: Yogurth and Coffee (To firm skin and control cellulite) The skin of my body has never been as firm and beautiful, it's almost like my skin is shining, glowing, so firm!! YOGURT WORKS LIKE MAGIC

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by volgna

I tried the yogurt mask last night for the first time and this morning my skin was bright and a lot of my red acne marks looked much better (less noticeable). I put this on (fairly thick) for about 10 minutes, rinsed and then applied a tiny bit extra virgin olive oil to moisturize. I'm going to try using this a few times a week and see if I can fade the marks some more. Really liking this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Callmeanythingbutulgy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this last weekend. After to reading all the good reviews about it on MUA. I cleanse my face, Put layer the yogurt on left on for 20 mins washed off put moisturizer on and woke up the next morning no difference just a few gunk from white heads on my nose yeah i know goss. I was really hoping for this to brighten my face. Yet I woke up with a little break out. Ug

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I must agree! Just did the mask last night with some lemon juice, and my skin came out feeling super soft:) I use full fat plain greek yogurt :) Have found the best beauty treatments have been in my kitchen the whole time...and not at the dept. store:) My skin is happy and so is my wallet:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by frenchcourtesan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING. I've been using this yogurt mask for 2 months now, 3-4 times a week for 10 minutes. Now I've extended the mask to about 20 minutes a day. It's so amazing. My skin tone has evened out, my face is so clear....I've had some professional pictures done just yesterday, wow, amazing, no touch ups, nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by smurden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWESOME! Used it plain Greek yogurt on my whole body and what a difference it made. I've never been so smooth in my entire life. Even my husband commented on how smooth I was. Of course, then he laughed because he thought I was joking when I told him what I used. But he said he can't argue with results because I was s-m-o-o-t-h! Can't say it did much for blemishes because I wasn't really breaking out at the time but it's an awesome mosturizing treatment. Skip pricey lactic acid masks and use this - totally worth it!