October 31, 2014 | 887 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this mask! I use organic greek yogurt with alittle bit of lemon juice. I use the mask once a week and leave it on for 10 minutes. The first time I tried this I was amazed. I have blackheads on my nose that no product has ever been able to remove, but this mask just made them disapear! I love love love this mask. Its cheap and easy. I would totally recommend this to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by loveisthatyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As everyone has said, this is a pretty good mask.
I love it's versatility

FACE:
it definitely made my skin a lot smoother
my foundation went on a lot nicer (:

CHEST:
sometimes i break out on my chest =and i started using it there as well.
and one week i noticed it was getting irritated.
but the yogurt mask calmed it down and prevented a break out!

LEGS:
this is my favorite part!!
i have really bumpy, dry legs with ingrown hair up the wazoo for years.
but after using this mask just the first time, i noticed it was a lot smoother.
i've used it on my legs a total of 3-4 times now,
and my legs feel so so buttery smooth!!

i just smooth a nice layer over my legs,
wash it off..
lather up some body wash, and gently exfoliate with a pumice stone.
and whoa la! smooooth!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by moony88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, i've never done plain yogurt alone as a mask before but what I did was mix 1 tablespoon of plain natural yogurt with 1 tablespoon of pulverized regular oatmeal with 1 teaspoon of manuka honey umf 15. And this combo is AMAZING! I just did it once and the blackheads on my nose was GONE. Okay, maybe i'm exaggerating but honestly, after I left the mask on for 20 minutes, I gently buffed it and scrubbed it away with water and once everything was removed, I could feel my nose was all gritty. And all I did was gently scratch my nose with minimal pressure and all those blackheads and whiteheads just came out! I can't really comment on other stuff like reducing redness or acne because i've only used it once but it definitely didn't break me out. I'm looking forward to do this mask again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

i had drained plain yogurt in a sifter, (a paper towel at the bottom) so all the wet stuff came out, and the yogurt is more better to work with, not drippy..perfect texture

leaving it in the fridge, and just putting the cold mask on feels so nice
and it leaves my skin looking bright n clean afterwards..probably my fav homemade masks, its so easy and feel refreshing on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I've got BLACKHEADS, I've always had friggin' blackheads; inherited for life, no matter what I do. So I was truly, honestly, absolutely shocked to see such a difference in my appearance after just 1 mask. I've used oil absorbing masks all my life and I've never had such results as with the yogurt for blackheads.

This is what I did: in the evening, on a lark, I smeared on 2 TBS of Stonyfield plain organic "creamy top" yogurt (just because that's what I happen to eat) and laid down for 10 minutes (with cucumber slices on the eyes, ooh la la) and pretended to meditate. Washed it off with cleanser to make sure it all came off (because there is bacteria in the yogurt, after all). The next morning I exfoliated with St. Ives "Invigorating" Apricot Scrub because I wasn't keen on the filmy layer still left on the skin from the yogurt. Then I looked in the mirror for the first time. Holy cow. The usual dozens of black dots are greatly, greatly reduced.

Now, here's the thing. The gunk in the pores was still there (did habitual OCD extractions to find out) but the blackheads' surface was much diminished both in size and color. This is friggin' amazing to me. I didn't expect much results but between the reduced appearance of the blackheads and the exta smooth skin, I am very impressed. In fact, I didn't know how smooth my skin could be before this - and without causing redness the way acidic peel masks do.

I really think the key is to use a scrub the next morning. That's the next step. The lactic acid from the yogurt does it's magic and then you buff off the loosened junk.

I'm going to follow other girls' advice and only use this once a week. I can't wait to do it again. I haven't been this excited over a beauty treatment in years!

P.S. Paula Begoun says yogurt has not been proven to improve skin and may even cause acne. Use with caution, I guess, but personally I have to differ.

32 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE it! At first I was skeptical about this mask but so many positive reviews provoked my curiosity and I so have tried it 3 times in the past week. I use 1.5 tbsp of plain 1% yogurt mixed with a few drops of lemon juice and apply it to my cleansed face for about 30 min. After the first use my skin felt incredibly soft and after the third time I noticed that my skin tone has become more even and fresh, whatever redness I had was reduced. I think this mask is definitely something to try and will continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MadeasRage

Cheap and cooling, especially for sunburns. I like it with rosewater or ACV. Packaging is tricky, as each foil wrapped cup is basically single use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really cheap way to exfoliate the skin with lactic acid. im exfoliating everyday with a lactic acid product now (amlactin). but i still use this as a treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used Sisley, La Prairie, La Mer and other luxury brands MASKS and I'm not ever kidding if I say that Yogurt gives me a glow, moisture, calms my redness and acne, etc, etc like no other mask in the entire market, I'M SERIOUS!! IT'S AWESOME, I've recently tried a home made scrub: Yogurth and Coffee (To firm skin and control cellulite) The skin of my body has never been as firm and beautiful, it's almost like my skin is shining, glowing, so firm!! YOGURT WORKS LIKE MAGIC

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by volgna

I tried the yogurt mask last night for the first time and this morning my skin was bright and a lot of my red acne marks looked much better (less noticeable). I put this on (fairly thick) for about 10 minutes, rinsed and then applied a tiny bit extra virgin olive oil to moisturize. I'm going to try using this a few times a week and see if I can fade the marks some more. Really liking this!