Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 11/12/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive normal/combo oily skin which reacts to most skincare products on the market, which is why I always go natural when it comes to skincare masks. I use natural probiotic low fat yogurt (whatever you use, make sure it's natural) and have no problems with it dripping off my face. It's very runny in texture, but does not drip at all.

I use 1 tablespoon of yogurt and apply on my face with a clean foundation brush, leave it on for 20-30 mins and rinse off. My skin feels very soft and plump immediately after washing off. I don't think yogurt does much in 'healing' blemishes, but it will soothe them, which is nice if you have any painful cystic spots around that time of the month!
It's the lactic acid in the yogurt which soothes any irritation or blemishes. It's also what helps soften the skin.

You can add other ingredients like lemon (if you want a soothing skin lightening mask), honey (if you're having problems with blemishes) or olive oil (if you want some extra skin hydration) and so on to your yogurt mask for some extra pampering.

Overall I do not think this is a miracle worker, but it does work well and will give you nice, soothed, smooth skin. I do a yogurt mask 3 times a week on average, but you can do it however many times a week you want. Best thing is - it's cheap and natural. What's not to like?!

NOTE: If you are allergic to dairy products or alpha and beta hydroxy acids, don't use yogurt as a mask. If it burns or pains your skin in any kind, this shows you have an allergy or sensitivity to the yogurts active ingredients & live cultures. So make sure you rinse it off ASAP and don't use it again.

on 10/28/2010 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I've been eating yogurt for years and love it to, I never knew it could do so much for your skin!! I had alot of small red pimples around my mouth and chin and was looking for natural solutions as my skin is sensitive and topical creams from the dermatologist are usually too harsh:( I saw the yogurt mask and was veryy interested! I tried it right away and WOW it does work! It looks funny when its on your face and expecially when it dries- your skin is completely white. Also kinda smells bad (because its yogurt). But after washing it off and waiting probably about 10 mins, wow my skin looked so refreshed and redness was definetly reduced! Areas where my skin was already clear (under my eyes & cheeks) looked incredible! I love the yogurt mask and keep doing it almost every night <3
Heres what I do: Mix about one spoon of yogurt with honey (to moisturize and make it stick more) and slather it on (it like it more on the thicker side). I keep it on from 30 mins to an hour depending on how much time I have. Then wash off with warm water.
Im so glad I discovered this mask, its amazing & not to mention 100% natural :D

on 10/5/2010 6:46:00 PM

I love this yogurt, it made my skin super soft and made me feel a little better about my acne. I told my mom to try it but it did nothing on her except it gave her a pimple. I guess it only work on certain people =/

on 9/18/2010 2:05:00 PM

I'm gonna try this mask tomorrow. Does it work better with honey & lime? I've sensitive skin (i think :S) so i'm a lil scared with this idea. BUT EXCITED TOO! Do i still need to use toner and moisturizer after using the mask?

on 9/9/2010 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love a yoghurt mask I do!...just take a tablespoon of full fat organic yoghurt, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of organic or manuka honey works every time and my skin feels baby soft afterwards much better than a clay mask I think as these can feel tight and uncomfortable( and I dunno about you but it takes me nearly 10 mins to wash off!) Oh and I whole heartedly agree with Janice do it everyday for that baby softness...im 26 and people think i'm 18 or 19...not bad for the sake of a daily yogurt cleanse :)

on 8/7/2010 12:15:00 AM

After reading the encouraging reviews on here, I decided to try this, as well as a sea salt mask twice a day. I bought Greek yogurt, because it's thicker and stays on the face easier. The only one they had left at the store was honey vanilla. There's no actual honey in it (which was a disappointment, as honey works very well on my skin) but there WAS lemon juice, which also makes my skin glow and purges the pores. I applied it and it stayed PUT, then I let it sit for about 1/2 hour. I'd applied it quite thick, so it took a while to wash off, but when it did come off, my skin felt amazingly soft, clean and refreshed. My pores had gotten smaller after a few minutes, too. Will definitely keep buying this! The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it needs to be refrigerated, and I usually don't use it all up before it expires because there's so much in one cup.

on 8/2/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read Janice Dickinsons book and in it she mentioned that she uses yogurt to wash her face daily. So I decided to buy some yogurt and try it as a mask.
Ah-mazing. My skin is extremly oily but after my new fav mask it felt very clean and really soft. A very cheap way to have baby soft skin...love it!

on 7/25/2010 4:33:00 AM

after looking at all the reviews i really wanted this to be my miracle product. i wanted this to (for me) replace oatmeal masks. but it didnt. it felt nice enough and smothed my skin a bit but really didnt help my pimples and wasnt anything special. just in case i have decided to use this for one week but so far nothing special. just a alright mask

on 7/22/2010 5:55:00 PM

This is just day too of my experimen
Ingredients: Juice of 1 carrot(half is just as good for a thicker formula)
1 tablespoon Yogurt( I got non fat bcus it was teh cheapest and I didnt notice until I got home )
1 tablespoon sour cream.
Optional: lemon juice to help improve the brightening power.
Mix!! refridgerate:
I use it as a moisturizer at nights following my serum and during the day when I am home.
Could be used as a mask as well
My skin looked bright and toned in 1 day !
N.B another method is to boil ,mash and combine carrots with other ingredients,,,,this works best for a mask

I really wanted this to work, MUA, I really did. The reviews were glowing and I thought that this would be my best bet for a hydrating mask. I read all the reviews and decided on my weapon of choice: full fat, organic Stonyfield yogurt from Whole Foods. This stung and irritated my sensitive skin on first contact but I decided to power through. Bad decision. I broke out into a rash the next day. I was hoping for a cheaper replacement for my Korres yogurt mask, but it just wasn't meant to be. YMMV I guess. MUA-ers with sensitive skin: if this didn't work for you, try the Korres. It's pricey but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. It has all the benefits of the yogurt mask (hydrated, glowy skin) without the burning.

Video Reviews & Tutorials