October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an amazing highlighter, one I don't think I would ever be able to live without!! It makes your skin glow without looking glittery and fake, and works perfectly on my pale skin. HG status for sure <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

This gives a really beautiful glow to my skin. I like how it is really subtle, but in the right lighting it can really pop. I had been looking for a golden highlighter and this is great. I find that I do have to build the color up quite a bit, but that is probably because I am extremely pale. When I get the desired build up, it looks beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

got this for christmas and now and i dont think i could live without it. the glitter is so finely milled it doesnt look glitterly. it leaves a golden glow. its so beautiful and i like that its a powder cause it looks like you are naturally radiant. YAY NARS

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by iidunno

what can i say about this little gem? i love this. i have oily skin so i do tend to stay away from glittery highlighters but this is an exception. it gives me the perfect glow.
before i did try using drugstores highlighters, they didnt give me much of anything, or thy were too super glittery. i have also tried the bobbi brown shimmer brick, which was a meh product and didnt work well for me. i almost gave up on highlighters and the only reason i have this is because i got the nars duo in orgasm and albatross. but yes i love it, it does have gold sparkles in it, but its pretty, and doesnt give an insane amount either. but my god this is love. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Wonderful highlighter. Subtle, but it really works. The price is steep, but this is something I will never run out of, since you need so little.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this out after reading every single review here on MUA (I had to be certain before I spent 28 on a highlighter!)...needless to say, I'm not disappointed. I am currently an NC30 with golden undertones and Albatross leaves a pretty sheen to my skin that does not look garish or frosty at all. It's not glittery or overly shimmery, it just leaves a glowy radiance. It looks a little scary in the pan (frosty and white) but it looks like a subtle light gold on me. It's very pricey but you only need a tiny bit so it'll last ages, making it a worth-while investment. The powder itself is finely milled and applies on my skin really smoothly. I put it down my nose, a dab on my chin, along my cheekbones, on my tearducts...it looks very nice. I'd repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by tiffany0794

I love this highlighter! It's everything I can ask for. The gold sheen that it leaves is perfect for the holidays and a hot summer day. As the light hits the cheekbones, the highlighter will do its justice. A little goes a long way for Albatross, just like many of the NARS products; therefore, one purchase is usually enough for one to use for a very long time. Not a fan of their usual packaging though, because of the dust and shimmer that can easily stick to the entire velvety case. Looking at other highlighter products out there, I still would not choose any before this. Love love love!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by spoog

I wanted this for ages and ages. Im a fan of Bb shimmer bricks and Smashbox softlights but really hankered after this as Im a nars whore. Im soooo disappointed:( its tiny and really glittery instead of glowy. It cant really be used for an all over glow like shimmer bricks as the particles are rather course. Ive used it with loads of different brushes and it just looks cheap . Im now using it as a brow highlighter and inner corners of my eyes just to use it up. Bit pants really!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I've had Albatross for what seems like ages, and I love it. I use it to highlight my cheeks, nose, collarbones, shins, thighs - you name it, you can use Albatross! I use my MAC 129SE brush, which is fluffier than normal for 129s, and has a short handle so I can really control it better, to apply Albatross where I want it. It IS glittery and shimmery, but I don't find it to make me look greasy, or contain chunky bits or be gritty. I also like to layer this over NARS The Multiple in Luxor for a long lasting, really sexy pop of illumination. The price is hefty, but when compared to things like Moon Beam, this is worth it. There is so much in the pan that it lasts forever, even with heavy use, and it's infinitely easier to travel with than a liquid highlighter. I love that I can throw it in my bag for a night out and not have to worry about it leaking, cracking or exploding.

On my NC20-25 skin I find Albatross to give me a white-golden sheen, if that makes sense. It isn't stark white, it isn't silver, it isn't totally gold. It's just enough to make it look like you're glowing from within. Overall, it's a product I love, and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Gwonggg

I'm an associate at sephora, male, nc40-42 Asian skin tone, and I LOVE this hilighter! A lot if the Nara blushes have the same golem sheen found in orgasm, torrid, etc, but albatross is just that golden sheen without the color! Very soft in the pan, you only need one swipe of your brush to do both cheekbones. I use my Mac 109 brush to really buff the powder into the skin and it just gives the most beautiful glow to the cheeks. Great for putting over a matte blush, hilighting browbones, or even wearing it on the cheeks alone, BEAUTIFUL