August 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

this is literally the BEST muti-functional product. It helps evens skin, moisturize, clears my acne, co-wash my hair, and mositurize my hair. I absoultely LOVE this stuff and its not expensive for all the stuff it does. I use nature's way EVCO for $8.99 and it last over 3 months. Now, I hearing that it whitens teeth and helps with weight loss..truly a miracle product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by lilliputty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all the rave reviews, I got my hands on a jar of Virgin Coconut Oil, as I'm currently trying to tame a pretty nasty hormonal breakout around my chin. I cleansed my face with Ponds Cold cream and used my Apple Cider Vinegar & Rosewater toner, then massaged the Coconut OIl on my face. I used a bit too much so ended up massaging my face for 5 minutes then dabbed off the excess with a tissue. This morning my face feels SO soft. A very painful under the skin spot came to the surface in the form of a small red blemish (instead of an angry whitehead) and my other spots seem a lot smaller. My skin felt so amazing I mixed a tiny amount of oil with my moisturiser and applied it again. So far I absolutely love what it's done to my skin overnight. I will update in a few weeks after I can see what happens after prolonged use!

I also spread some coconut oil on toast instead of butter - it tastes lush!

Let's hope this become HG for me as it seems like an amazing multi-purpose product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing this for a body treatment-- fabulous! Love the smell and make skin glow. Sometimes I mix it with sunless tanner too. It is so cheap and so good for your skin. Haven't tried as a face/ spot treatment yet...that is next.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AllyABC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT - Absolutely fantastic!! Best beauty product I have ever stumbled on - largely thanks to all of you & your reviews here otherwise I never would have dreamed of rubbing this oil into my spot prone face!!!!!

It's great as a moisturiser too but it's fantastic as a cleanser, melts off all make up including waterproof mascara, leaves skin feeling clean & comfortable, very affordable (using food grade organic virgin coconut oil) and does not cause any breakouts - in fact it helps gradually even skin tone & fade away old scars (not overnight though).

One of the best things for me is that it seems to really work as a gentle exfoliant (apparently it naturally removes the top layer of dead skin cells) so it has really helped with stubborn congestion I've had for months.

It smells gorgeous - way better than the synthetic versions for those who think they're not sure of the smell. It's great as an eye cream and brilliant as a lip balm.

Will never be without a jar now - my only minor gripe is packaging in general as you have to be really careful and remember the melting point so don't do what I did & whip the lid off with the jar at an angle on a hot day - bathroom floor like a skating rink!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Jeslynn

I was so worried about using this, but I'm glad I tried it. EVCO is amazing. It easily removes whatever make-up I'm wearing. (I only use eyeliner, mascara, and a SPF with tint.) It might not work for someone that uses heavy makeup.
I found I can't leave it on my face very long because I have small pores. So I will put it on about an hour before my shower then rinse it off with warm water. If my skin is acting oily (like in the summer) I will use Witch Hazel afterward. Otherwise I'm good.
Great smell!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by getta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all the oily girls , please follow these instructions. I mix two drops of coconut oil and a glop of FOTE aloe gel and my skin literally glows.
This will not affect your acne and leave your face glowing. I love the combination and have been using it for the last month.

update: 7/24/2009 Sorry guys ,coconut oil started to break me out.I stopped it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only started using coconut oil for a week so far but I love that it has so many benefits both internally and externally. So far I've used it for a deep conditioner for my hair, moisturizer for my body, eye makeup remover, I've been trying out oil pulling with it so body detoxifyer and mouth cleanser and teeth whitening. And you can eat it...lol it's good for you and it has the least calories of all the oils. I don't really put it on my face though becasue I do have sensitive skin and natural oils are supposedly bad for sensitive skin. I did try it once to wash makeup off but I wash it off imediately after putting it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by tara86

I have oily, acne-prone skin (the cyst-kind) but I still will use coconut oil on my face. I use it only at night though. Coconut oil is antibacterial. I have read that when you apply coconut oil to your skin (for example acne or a boil) it works to draw out the toxins and correct the situation. I put it on my acne prone skin every night and have never ever had a problem with breakouts from it. I love it. I smells delicious, and is a great nighttime moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want to thank the reviewer who recomended this as a mouth rinse. I'm doing this for over three weeks now and my teeth became so white! I couldn't believe my eyes at the beginning. It seemed too good to be true but it's not! Not sure if it's better than proffessional bleaching, but definitely better than whitening toothpastes. And so gentle and tastes great. Everyone should try this!

EDIT: I put this in the wrong section actually! Look for Unlisted Brand, Body Moisturizers, Extra virgin coconut oil, page 7 for the above mentioned review.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This one is a favorite of mine. It has such an extra special, light silky feel and the scent is so wonderful (yet unobtrusive).

Where virgin coconut oil really stands out for me is used in OCM. For some reason, cleansing with coconut oil loosens more comedones from my skin than any other oil. So, I always include it in the oil mixes I make for cleansing. (I didn't know lauric acid was an exfoliant, maybe that's why it does such a good job.)

Consuming enough fat is necessary for healthy skin and virgin coconut oil also tastes great in smoothies, used to saute mild-flavored foods, and substituted for part of the butter when baking.

Coconut oil is supposed to be extra good for hair, reducing protein loss from washing, but I've never personally found that it improves the texture or appearance of my hair used as a deep conditioner. When my hair was long, though, it was my favorite leave-in oil.

A previous reviewer mentioned that using coconut oil on her face messed up her makeup. This is a dead giveaway that she used way too much. Only a tiny droplet of any oil, smoothed onto damp skin, is necessary for moisturizing and it should be left to absorb before any makeup goes on.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No