August 23, 2014 | 1018 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by nat83

This is the best lip balm I have used AND great value for money too!! I had high expectations based on the reviews I read on MUA but this did not disappoint one bit! There are so many good things about this product (very moisturising, hypoallergenic, cheap, tube will last for a long long time). The only downside is the packaging - kinda embarrasing to use in public. Dr Lipp makes a similar product in a cute package but the tube it comes in is TINY and it's double the price of Lansinoh. So I highly recommend lanisoh!

Ingredients
100% pure lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

OK, I don't have kids, don't plan on it either. But after first reading about the product in a mag and then seeing the rave reviews here, I had to try.

AMAZING. The shimmer created by a layer of pure lanolin on your lips is unexpected and REALLY really lasts SO LONG. No sticky, no greasy, no gloppy, just really incredible shine. Even my BF was impressed (and the package label did not even phase him). The makers of this stuff would be wise to get hip and repackage this stuff into little tiny pots 10 times smaller than the tube for 10 times the money. JK!!!

But seriously, considering the tube you get for $9.99, this stuff should last a long long time and I will never again shop for my HG lip glosser/lip smoother anywhere else other than the baby aisle (aaacck!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

Great emollient for dry skin anywhere on the body. I use it on my lips, cuticles, knees, elbows, feet. I love that it's natural and safe to use even on babies and on my lips and it doesn't leave an unnaturally greasy feel. It's my HG heavy duty moisturizer. Just a little bit works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. I had a lot left over in my tube after I'd breastfed my babies, and I decided to use it as a lipgloss. It is sooo shiny and really pretty. It really moisturizes my lips, even better than my usual Aquaphor. I love this...try it--you will love it too!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love! My sister gave me a tube of this shortly before my eldest child was born, with the intension that I would use it just for breastfeeding. It is 100% pure medical grade lanolin. It was amazing for nursing (you donít have to remove it before nursing because it is completely safe for babies!), but is it the best nighttime lip balm! I only wear it at night because it has no SPF. A teeny tiny bead of this stuff is all I need to evenly coat my lips. Its texture is so dense that it stays on all night and keeps lips supple all night. If my lips ever get flaky, I slather on some of this, wait 5 minutes for it to penetrate, then gently exfoliate with a warm, wet washcloth. Because of its density, the tiniest bit is great for a lipstick base. It is a little sticky, but my lips have never been softer and more resilient. A little goes a long way as it heats up and smooths out easier with your body temperature, so one tube will last years (thatís right years!). If only I could find something this good with SPF!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received Lansinoh Lanolin as a part of a baby shower gift 1.5 years ago. Unfortunately, I was only able to breastfeed for 3 weeks and had used very little of the product. I was about to toss out it out when I noticed the packaging indicated the product was good for chapped lips. Tried it...loved it! It's thick kind of like vaseline so use it sparingly. But, unlike vaseline is absorbs into your skin instead of laying on top of it. This products lasts long and makes your lips feel so soft! It comes in a 2 oz. tube. I just scooped out a pot of lip balm I didn't like and filled it with the lanolin. Makes carrying a lot easier and less embarrassing that pulling out a tube! The 2 oz. tube has lasted about 1.5 years...even with losing a pot that was entirely filled. So the size makes it worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2006 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

My original use for this product was for what it was intended. A balm for breastfeeding mothers. But after my daughter was weaned I still had tons and tons left in the tube and felt bad about wasting it. So I re-read the back and noticed it said it can also be used on dry cuticles and on chapped lips. So I gave it a shot after the previous reviewer said it worked for her. It really is the best lip balm/product I've ever tried. And I've tried it all...it's even replaced my Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick as my HG product. It takes only a little bit and gives off a beautiful shine. I like to put it on at night and let it sink in and wake to beautiful soft lips. As for the problem of it being slighty embarrassing to carry around, I've squeezed some into an empty MAC sample container and it works great. I would buy this again as soon as I finish my first tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers by Lansinoh. I read about it a couple of years ago. It is the BEST lip balm I've ever used. It's thick like Aquaphor or Vaseline but covers better (thicker consistency and staying power) and lasts for hours. It also gives a long lasting gloss. No taste but it's embarrasing to carry the tube in your bag.