December 22, 2014 | 1787 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 3:56:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I really love this lipbalm, even though the taste and smell isn't all that great...but if you're looking for an incredibly effective lipbalm with no frills, this is absolutely the way to go. No petroleum, so no longterm drying out, and very little reapplication needed, if any. The only downsides to this product is that the tube it comes in (I don't mind the fact that it's nipple cream, that makes me laugh) sometimes leaks, and this stuff is STICKY, and because of that stickiness, it's not the right base for lipstick. But as a balm on its own, it's faultless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by meliss27

I cannot say enough about this stuff. LOVE! If you are addicted to lip balms like me, you must give this stuff a whirl. I dont wear much lipstick, but i cannot go a minute of the day without having some sort of moisturizing agent on my lips and this stuff is just amazing. Its super long lasting and a little thick, so a drop goes a long way. And it doubles as a gorgeous moisturizing gloss under liptick! And best of all, it does not leave your lips feeling like you desperately need more on them once its worn off - like most chapsticks or blams tend to do, for me anyways. A tube is about 9 bucks but will seriously last you a year if you use it obsessively like I do, maybe longer. I think this was my best find ever. Its known as "nipple cream" in my circle, but i dont care! i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by perfectionquest

I love this as a facial moisturizer...I know, it sounds gross to use nipple balm on my face, but it works. I have sensitive skin, prone to acne, but VERY dry in the winter. Lanolin is the oil that sheep secrete to protect their wool, when the wool is sheared they remove the oil and purify it, supposedly it is very similar to human skin oil so it won't clog pores. I wake up with plump, moist, not greasy skin. And no blemishes! I even wear it under my powdered mineral makeup...looks smooth and beautiful. This is not greasy at all, just super moisterizing. I also use it under my eyes, no milia or puffiness. Try it...it is a little difficult to spread because it is so thick, try pressing it in.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 6:39:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was decent but not amazing. Definitely had lip soothing properties, but not more so than a good lip balm (and a tad more expensive too), will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hello!! I'm reviewing another brand here: Dr. Swaab Lanolin cream. That's because this was the only lanolin-cream I could find around here in Holland. Anyway, the reason I was looking around for it was MUA: in here it tops the list of MUA Top Picks considering lip treatments. And a lip treatment was what I was in need for, my lips couldn't be more cracked, dry and painful this winter! Before the lanolin cream I've tried several lip treatments, from Blistex to Vaselin and back, but nothing REALLY did the trick. And there it was, this wonderful product called lanolin (I always liked sheep anyway! :) IT'S THE VERY BEST!!! My lips look like they never were ever even a little bit damaged by the wheater, plus they have the loveliest shine. It stays on for looong and I couldn't be happier by a lip-treatment product! EDIT: It's sad to say...even this 'wonder'product dried out my lips the last times I've used it :( Maybe it's because of the fragrance or any other ingredient...maybe it's just me and my lips...I don't know. Only Blistex daily conditioning balm seems to be working for me at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic stuff! I had almost a full tube of this left over after my second child was born and I read that it could be used as a lip balm, so I gave it a try and was amazed. I shouldn't have been so surprised considering the tremendous healing properties it provided while I was nursing -- not sure I could have continued without it! Since the skin on your lips is similar, it works wonders as a lip treatment as well. I use it every night before bed and I never have chapped lips. I agree with other reviewers who also sing its praises as a gloss. It gives a wonderful, non-sticky shine to your lips and looks terrific over lipstick. A tube might run you 6 or 7 dollars, but a little goes a LONG way and the tube will last a long time. Go get some!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

If you like Aquaphor, you should try this. Aquaphor has some lanolin in it, but this is 100% lanolin. It looks like petroleum jelly, but it has a slightly brown color. So if you sleep with it on your lips overnight, you might stain your pillow with it. However, it does come out pretty easily in the wash, but you might be a bit annoyed by that, whereas Aquaphor is completely clear, so there's not that problem. When you put this on your lips, however, the brown color is not noticeable. It's great for lips and for any kind of skin cracks. I put it on a crack I had on the corner of my mouth, and after only one night, it was healed. It's hard to say if it works any better than Aquaphor. I would say the results are pretty comparable. This is sold with the breastfeeding supplies, because it's marketed to treat sore nipples from breastfeeding.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by nat83

This is the best lip balm I have used AND great value for money too!! I had high expectations based on the reviews I read on MUA but this did not disappoint one bit! There are so many good things about this product (very moisturising, hypoallergenic, cheap, tube will last for a long long time). The only downside is the packaging - kinda embarrasing to use in public. Dr Lipp makes a similar product in a cute package but the tube it comes in is TINY and it's double the price of Lansinoh. So I highly recommend lanisoh!

Ingredients
100% pure lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

OK, I don't have kids, don't plan on it either. But after first reading about the product in a mag and then seeing the rave reviews here, I had to try.

AMAZING. The shimmer created by a layer of pure lanolin on your lips is unexpected and REALLY really lasts SO LONG. No sticky, no greasy, no gloppy, just really incredible shine. Even my BF was impressed (and the package label did not even phase him). The makers of this stuff would be wise to get hip and repackage this stuff into little tiny pots 10 times smaller than the tube for 10 times the money. JK!!!

But seriously, considering the tube you get for $9.99, this stuff should last a long long time and I will never again shop for my HG lip glosser/lip smoother anywhere else other than the baby aisle (aaacck!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

Great emollient for dry skin anywhere on the body. I use it on my lips, cuticles, knees, elbows, feet. I love that it's natural and safe to use even on babies and on my lips and it doesn't leave an unnaturally greasy feel. It's my HG heavy duty moisturizer. Just a little bit works wonders!