October 26, 2014 | 969 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by perfectionquest

I love this as a facial moisturizer...I know, it sounds gross to use nipple balm on my face, but it works. I have sensitive skin, prone to acne, but VERY dry in the winter. Lanolin is the oil that sheep secrete to protect their wool, when the wool is sheared they remove the oil and purify it, supposedly it is very similar to human skin oil so it won't clog pores. I wake up with plump, moist, not greasy skin. And no blemishes! I even wear it under my powdered mineral makeup...looks smooth and beautiful. This is not greasy at all, just super moisterizing. I also use it under my eyes, no milia or puffiness. Try it...it is a little difficult to spread because it is so thick, try pressing it in.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 6:39:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was decent but not amazing. Definitely had lip soothing properties, but not more so than a good lip balm (and a tad more expensive too), will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hello!! I'm reviewing another brand here: Dr. Swaab Lanolin cream. That's because this was the only lanolin-cream I could find around here in Holland. Anyway, the reason I was looking around for it was MUA: in here it tops the list of MUA Top Picks considering lip treatments. And a lip treatment was what I was in need for, my lips couldn't be more cracked, dry and painful this winter! Before the lanolin cream I've tried several lip treatments, from Blistex to Vaselin and back, but nothing REALLY did the trick. And there it was, this wonderful product called lanolin (I always liked sheep anyway! :) IT'S THE VERY BEST!!! My lips look like they never were ever even a little bit damaged by the wheater, plus they have the loveliest shine. It stays on for looong and I couldn't be happier by a lip-treatment product! EDIT: It's sad to say...even this 'wonder'product dried out my lips the last times I've used it :( Maybe it's because of the fragrance or any other ingredient...maybe it's just me and my lips...I don't know. Only Blistex daily conditioning balm seems to be working for me at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic stuff! I had almost a full tube of this left over after my second child was born and I read that it could be used as a lip balm, so I gave it a try and was amazed. I shouldn't have been so surprised considering the tremendous healing properties it provided while I was nursing -- not sure I could have continued without it! Since the skin on your lips is similar, it works wonders as a lip treatment as well. I use it every night before bed and I never have chapped lips. I agree with other reviewers who also sing its praises as a gloss. It gives a wonderful, non-sticky shine to your lips and looks terrific over lipstick. A tube might run you 6 or 7 dollars, but a little goes a LONG way and the tube will last a long time. Go get some!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

If you like Aquaphor, you should try this. Aquaphor has some lanolin in it, but this is 100% lanolin. It looks like petroleum jelly, but it has a slightly brown color. So if you sleep with it on your lips overnight, you might stain your pillow with it. However, it does come out pretty easily in the wash, but you might be a bit annoyed by that, whereas Aquaphor is completely clear, so there's not that problem. When you put this on your lips, however, the brown color is not noticeable. It's great for lips and for any kind of skin cracks. I put it on a crack I had on the corner of my mouth, and after only one night, it was healed. It's hard to say if it works any better than Aquaphor. I would say the results are pretty comparable. This is sold with the breastfeeding supplies, because it's marketed to treat sore nipples from breastfeeding.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by nat83

This is the best lip balm I have used AND great value for money too!! I had high expectations based on the reviews I read on MUA but this did not disappoint one bit! There are so many good things about this product (very moisturising, hypoallergenic, cheap, tube will last for a long long time). The only downside is the packaging - kinda embarrasing to use in public. Dr Lipp makes a similar product in a cute package but the tube it comes in is TINY and it's double the price of Lansinoh. So I highly recommend lanisoh!

Ingredients
100% pure lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

OK, I don't have kids, don't plan on it either. But after first reading about the product in a mag and then seeing the rave reviews here, I had to try.

AMAZING. The shimmer created by a layer of pure lanolin on your lips is unexpected and REALLY really lasts SO LONG. No sticky, no greasy, no gloppy, just really incredible shine. Even my BF was impressed (and the package label did not even phase him). The makers of this stuff would be wise to get hip and repackage this stuff into little tiny pots 10 times smaller than the tube for 10 times the money. JK!!!

But seriously, considering the tube you get for $9.99, this stuff should last a long long time and I will never again shop for my HG lip glosser/lip smoother anywhere else other than the baby aisle (aaacck!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 3:46:00 AM More reviews by msbuttercup

Great emollient for dry skin anywhere on the body. I use it on my lips, cuticles, knees, elbows, feet. I love that it's natural and safe to use even on babies and on my lips and it doesn't leave an unnaturally greasy feel. It's my HG heavy duty moisturizer. Just a little bit works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by hownowbrownmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. I had a lot left over in my tube after I'd breastfed my babies, and I decided to use it as a lipgloss. It is sooo shiny and really pretty. It really moisturizes my lips, even better than my usual Aquaphor. I love this...try it--you will love it too!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love! My sister gave me a tube of this shortly before my eldest child was born, with the intension that I would use it just for breastfeeding. It is 100% pure medical grade lanolin. It was amazing for nursing (you donít have to remove it before nursing because it is completely safe for babies!), but is it the best nighttime lip balm! I only wear it at night because it has no SPF. A teeny tiny bead of this stuff is all I need to evenly coat my lips. Its texture is so dense that it stays on all night and keeps lips supple all night. If my lips ever get flaky, I slather on some of this, wait 5 minutes for it to penetrate, then gently exfoliate with a warm, wet washcloth. Because of its density, the tiniest bit is great for a lipstick base. It is a little sticky, but my lips have never been softer and more resilient. A little goes a long way as it heats up and smooths out easier with your body temperature, so one tube will last years (thatís right years!). If only I could find something this good with SPF!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No