Sonia Kashuk Remove

4.4

Water, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ext. Violet 2.

on 6/2/2009 6:02:00 PM

After writing Pond's and getting confirmation that their Bare and Repair eye make-up remover was discontinued (depressing!), I was desparate to find a replacement. I went through trials of other eye make-up removers from drug store brands like Loreal and Almay to the more expensive department store products, including Shiseido and Lancome's Bi-Facils with little luck. Lancome's was somewhat effective, but was still greasy and took a little longer to remove my waterproof Shiseido mascara than Pond's. And it cost an arm and a leg compared to my old stand-by. Then I tried Sonia Kashuk's Remove and I was in love again. It is gentle, not greasy, and takes off that waterproof mascara with little effort. Just soak a cotton pad, place over the eyelashes for a few seconds, then wipe away. And the lower cost is a bonus! I bought a case of this from Target.com because I was so worried that, like the Bare and Repair, it would disappear from shelves eventually. However, it looks like Target still carries this product and hopefully it won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

on 5/10/2009 5:29:00 PM

Great product. I've already used it a few times and it takes off the make up in half the time ones that don't contain oil do. Also it doesn't leave your skin feeling oily after. I haven't had any problems with it making my skin flake/dry , but I always wash my face after so this could be why. Great for contact wearers and for people with sensitive skin, who want it off quick.It even works better then my highly priced Benefit "Gee that was quick" one that I normally use.

One word... PERFECT!

on 5/7/2009 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

The latest HG in the evolution of waterproof eye makeup removers! Gentle as rain, none of the blinding oily after affects of your more expensive waterproof removers and with the ability to melt chrome off a bumper with a cherub kiss of an application. Lancome's Bi-facil got me through those college years of "The Cure" inspired eyeliner, then Pond's "Bare and Repair" made it look like weenie water! Thanks Ponds for giving the X Factor to yet another great product-Jeeze! So with Bare and Repair gone for good, this is the only option for those of us who don't own a never ending, $free supply$ of Bi-facil. Besides, ounces to the dollar this kicks Lancome's French derrière all the way to Paris and back! It's $10 for 4 ounces at Target. So load up on waterproof Dior Show, MAC Fluidline and all your theatrical makeup ladies, this one really works the pole when it comes to cheap strippers!
Oh, and as you would with any eye makeup remover, rinse and follow with norman cleansing routine after. There aren't any I would leave on my skin.

** As a Union TV/Flim makeup artist, I never endorse any product that I do not truly believe in.**

on 4/30/2009 11:42:00 PM

this product is the best value for it's performance. it's not greasy, it's gentle and so inexpensive. i use the shiseido mascara base that makes it hard to remove my mascara at the end of the day, but this does the job so well and i dont have to wipe my eyes because this remover is so effective. this will be my eye make up remover forever.

on 4/26/2009 11:59:00 PM

It does a very good job - took off a lippie for being just a tad too oily

on 4/23/2009 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this today and after seeing great reviews here on MUA, I couldn't wait to try this! When i got home, i had the chance to try and see if this worked as well as others said it would. And theyre completely right! This removed my e.m.u. with such ease which definitely surprised me because im used to be disappointed with make up removers. This also removed my waterproof eyeliner very well and with such ease which is a good surprise because I've tried other make up removers, and it would just burn my eyes and streak my eye make up everywhere. This is such a great product and it's definitely worth the $10!

on 4/23/2009 5:06:00 PM

I really like this remover. I have been long looking for a replacement for the Chanel Bi-Phasic one (also a two-color one you shake) which is an amazing product. Unfortunately, it is $25 USD! I've also tried the Bobbi Brown instand remover, which is also pretty good, but for the price, the Sonia Kashuk Remover is well worth it. It has been very gentle on my skin, and removes product without a lot of tugging or rubbing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING. Since I wear CG waterproof mascara pretty much everyday (and if you have ever worn a Cover Girl waterproof mascara, you know what I mean - that stuff is really hard to get off!), I have been looking for a good eye make up remover. I tried Almay's oil free eye makeup remover liquid before this, but that stung my eyes and didn't remove the mascara completely, although it worked on shadow and liner very well.

However, Sonia Kashuk Remove trumps Almay in every way. I use far less of the product than I used for Almay, with much better results. My mascara easily came off with barely any rubbing. I know that I got a little product in my eye, but did not experience stinging. All you have to do is shake the bottle really well until its contents are all blended together, then pour some on a cotton ball or something, and wipe off the mascara.

I know that some reviewers said that it left their the skin around their eyes really dry, but I have not experienced that. Still, I do have really oily skin and eye lids, so maybe that won't be an issue for me.

Honestly, next time you go to Target, pick up a bottle of this. It's $10 for 4 ounces, and it extremely effective.
I hope I helped you!

on 2/25/2009 8:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Its interesting how I read that some girls on here developed a dry eye after using this. I dont use eye makeup on a daily basis maybe once or twice a week at the most so I cant say it started to dry the skin around my eyes.
Overall for $10 its a good eye makeup remover, it removes my e/s and mascara easily. My friend who uses waterproof makeup says its not the best but does the job. I have found that Pond's Bare and Repair is just as good and probably more moisturizing.
This is just probably temp I will go back to Lancome's since it lasts me forever.