Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 8/31/2011 3:41:00 PM

Received a sample of this product that I have been using the last little while. It is an ok mascara, nothing terrible but nothing amazing either. Sometimes can be a little clumpy. I don't think I would purchase the full-size, especially considering that it is a little pricey.

on 8/30/2011 1:17:00 PM

It was O.K. but just ok nothing too special (Im on my second tube). I would say its a little above average but not that much to justify the price. It looks gorgeous going on but I have trouble wiith it running and it dosent have very good staying power. I dont have any mascara left after 2-3 hours. I would try other less expensive brands before I buy this again **** I have found the secret to this mascara You have to glob it on It looks good if I put on 10 coats and stays for a while. *** I think I found the secret to this mascara. I live in a very dry climate and it doesn't work well for me here. However went to a warmer more humid climate and it worked a whole lot better. Maybe it has to have more moisture in air to work.

on 8/28/2011 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

don't get what's the rave with this product. Very expensive but doesn't pay off the quality you are looking for. I got no choice but to keep it as I don't wanna just throw AED150, wear it in the office and by afternoon it already smudge round my lower lids which turn me into a racoon. it flakes a little bit as well. Will not purchase again, will keep looking for less expensive but good quality mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why is this mascara so raved about, I could never tell why.

I notice a small amount of extra length, no noticeable volume added. Of course if you had light or blonde lashes it would make them black, that's about it.

If I had to choose $25 to wear this mascara or go with no mascara on my lashes, I would go without mascara. To me, this is just one of those products that really doesn't do anything.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Excellent mascara. Doesn't clump and adds the most beautiful length and volume.

on 8/23/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Meh. I was expecting more from this. I think that if you already have good lashes and don't need much other than colour, definition and no flakes, then this is for you. If you are like me and need pretty much everything - colour, length, volume, etc - from a mascara, then expect disappointment. I felt like I looked like I had no mascara on. I still prefer BadGal by far, although I am prepared to live with a few flakes. Just picked up Voluminous again today - who can pass up $6 mascara that is reliable, versus spending $20+ for disappointment. I will pick up BadGal again when I need a mascara splurge.

on 8/22/2011 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great example of a "pretty good" product.

Love the tapered brush because it gets right into the corner of my eyes and coats the little wee hairs there
One coat is all I need

Wet and messy

It's a nice, basic mascara that's a perfectly good product.

I love mascaras and try to try a new one everytime my old one runs out. I've read/heard about this one for a long time, so I went to Sephora to purchase it. I have short, but not too short lashes, medium thickness. I tried it on after curling my lashes, giving it two coats. Noticed that the color was not doing anything for my lashes, no pop. Perhaps I should have bought the one in dark black vs. black. The formula is also a bit wet. After a long day, I inspected my lashes, and they looked droopy. It does not hold a curl well at all, and my lashes barely had any extra volume. Needless to say, I will not purchase again, highly disappointed.

on 7/25/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was really disappointed of this mascara, because I used to love Lancome mascaras on the 80's and early 90's. They had a wonderful miracle mascara called "Keracils" and few other great ones that I loved. I expected this to be similar quality. It wasn't.
The formula was too wet. It straightened my curled lashes as soon as I got it applied. It didn't do anything for my lashes except coated them with color and made them sticking to each others. I tried to use it for a decent amount of time waiting for it to get better when it was dried a bit, but it only made my lashes look messy and clumpy. Normally mascaras with too thin formula get better when they dry a bit, but this one got even worse, if possible.
Only thing that was good with this mascara was the packaging, which looks great. Also it didn't smudge on me too much, but there's a lot of cheaper mascaras which don't smudge that much either and they also perform much better than this one.
The prize of this mascara is ridiculous for the bad quality. I would have expected something spectacular for that prize, but this one failed for me, totally.

on 7/21/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As my eyelashes are naturally long, I tend not to pay very much mind to whatever mascara I happen to have at the moment. This mascara however, has been an exception but I must warn you that this ISN'T a good thing in this case.
I don't remember exactly how I ended up with this mascara but after a much better previous tube of mascara of mine ran out, I felt obligated to use this instead of buying something.
Since my eyelashes are naturally long, most of the emphasis that I place on a good mascara tends to be mostly in the volumizing and separating/fanning departments. Lancome Definicils fails in both of these.
As the reviewer below me mentioned, it tends to produce a very unattractive clumpy, spidery affect. This wouldn't bother me so much IF I could use a comb to separate them. But alas, I can't. The formula is so thick, rough to the touch, and just generally HARD that I can't use a comb to separate them without pulling my eyelashes out. It's horrible.
Between the stiff, bristly wand and the rock solid formula I also found that I lose a few lashes every time I put this on or take it off. It does nothing in the way of making my eyelashes appear thicker since it clumps them together and pulls them out.
It does an alright job with lengthening, but the effect would be much more flattering if the mascara didn't make lashes look so ragged.
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem either, but this mascara also irritates my eyes after a few hours of wear. It's just so thick and heavy that I dislike wearing it at all. This just didn't work for me.

EDIT: I'm bumping this up a rating because after trying several other mascaras, I realized just how good Lancome Definicils is. Sure, it's not without it's flaws, but I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there could ever be such a thing as a perfect mascara.

Top Rated Lancome Products