September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I just bought this and put it on and I LOVE IT. I think I may have just found my HG liner...and I'm super excited that this comes in a bunch of colors...which I will be trying if all goes well with this one...big fat yes to repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product. I thought Stila's was good but then it dried out within 2 months. I've had this for over a year and it's still moist and applies like a dream. I love the liquid eyeliner look but am a real klutz - thank goodness for gel eyeliners! RM65 in Malaysia, a bit pricey but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by palmst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a long search, I think I have finally found an eyeliner that stays put and does not smudge. I apply in the morning and it stays put until I remove it in the evening - I have not had to retouch and there are no smudges to clean up during the day - Woo hoo! The texture is soft and smooth and a little goes a long way. I dab my brush on the inside of the lid to remove any excess - this gives a softer finish, similar to a pencil liner. The pot will last a long time as long it does not dry out. The BB customer service person said it is the exposure to air which causes it to dry up. So when I am applying, I turn the open pot face down on the table when I am "in between dips" .... so that it is getting a temporary seal ....and of course I recap tightly when I am done. Hopefully this will help to prolong the life of the gel.

Update 7/5/09: Its been about a year now of using this at least 5 days a week and I have been conscientiously turning the open pot face down between dips and I can report the eyeliner has not dried up at all. I have more than 2/3 left so I think this is pretty good value

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Paiger171

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love! I apply this with my SK bent e/l brush and it looks great! It stays all day long, too! I love it so much, I am going to be wearing it for my wedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by McFashion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I've said before, I love gel liners, and this one is no exception. Love that it's waterproof, has a strong colour, and can be used on your waterline, unlike the MAC product. It lasts for a long time, and you can guarantee that the colour stays strong. It's a little more expensive than MAC's, but this stuff lasts FOREVER, so no worries there.

Disclaimer: the product can be difficult to use to start with, but you'll get the hang of it. Also, you must make sure the brush is clean otherwise you'll get bits of it in your eye. To ensure it lasts long, be sure not to leave it open for long.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Wow! These truly are the stars of Bobbi Brown's line...absolutely amazing product. I am not a major fan of her cosmetics either after trying a many, but these are sublime. For $19.00 you get a jar around the size of a chapstick tub, but don't be alarmed there is enough product to last ages. This applies so smoothly and lasts all day and all night if need be. I apply mine with a MAC straight liner brush, the kind that looks like a little kids paintbrush. I apply a thin line of liner, then use a tad more product to fill in any spots I missed. You can use this product to create a gazillion different looks. I have always had a hard time wearing and applying liner and with this stuff I look polished. I cannot stress the staying power enough...it is incredible. You can even swim in it! It never flakes, cakes, crumbles, etc. Use this for a hint of definition of a serious cat eye...take the plunge, it won't disappoint!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by devilangel

This IS a long wear liner, it lived up to its words! I wear it all day long and it won't smudge or fade away. At the same time, it was really easy to remove because I don't use heavy duty eye makeup remover (the ones with the oil in it) and it can remove it easily. The price is OK, but for the amount you get out of it, I can use this for quite awhile, so it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by cyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gel eyeliner definitely keeps its promise when it comes to staying power. My eyes have a tendency to tear a litle bit in the outer corners so when I use gel pencil eyeliners or liquid eyeliner, there usually isn't any eyeliner left by the end of the night. Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner doesn't budge. I went on rollercoasters where my eyes teared up like crazy and it never faded. The only thing I don't like is the price...it's quite expensive for such a tiny pot. I recently bought L'oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner for less than $10 during CVS's buy one get one half off sale and it's twice the size of Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner for half the price. The L'oreal cream eyeliner performs just as well as the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, but only has 4 colors. So if you're interested in buying the basic black or brown gel eyeliners, try L'oreal, but if you want more interesting colors, Bobbi Brown has a lot more to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by elongreach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pure black color. Sometimes, gels and other liners say the are black, but I'm always looking for a more powerful color. Unlike other BB gelliners (graphite), this is creamy and hasn't dried up whatso ever. I much prefer this over blacktrack.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by helloxtina

I've been using this eyeliner for over 2 years now and I love 'em!
BUT! there are cons too...
first of all, you have to purchase eyeliner brush seperatly...
I bought fine eyeliner brush from bobbi browm also it costed me as much as the eyeliner... and I had to replace it only after 4-5 months of using.
second of all, the gel eyeliner starts to dry if you don't use it frequently.
so after while, it's sorta flaky.
but this is the best gel eyeliner I've ever tried :)