August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by juliejujube

So far I've used this clay mask TWICE. The first time I made too much product, I had to apply the extra mask on my heels and hands. The perfect amount for me is 1/2 tbsp. of clay powder mixed with a scant 1/2 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar. My intial impressions of this mask is it ITCHES and it STINKS. I finally know what other reviewers are saying when they say this mask PULSATES. You literally feel your skin moving, similar to lava flowing and bubbling, minus the burning factor. It just itches. I remove the mask after it hardens by continuously splashing my face with warm water until it softens and washes off my face. I am a little scared this product will clog my drain, but the next place I could wash this off is in my backyard, which I am frankly not down for. After all this, I would still use this mask because my skin was smoother and my scars are getting lighter, YAY! Anyone who says this mask is a pleasant experience is lying, lol. Even though I don't look forward to putting it on, the results have been worth it for me. I'm only going to use it once a week as it is a strong product and I don't want to aggravate my skin too much. Bottom line: Give it a try! I'll be updating my post again after a month's worth of uses.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by docemoda

I wish I found out about this product years ago. I'm 26 with acne prone skin and I've literally spent thousands or more over the years on my skin care and this, THIS has improved my skin and it's barely been a week!!! I mix it with Apple Cider Vinegar (smells funny) but nothing in nature that's good for you always smell like roses so that's not a big deal. Most times I'll 'clay' after steaming my face but it's still great without steaming.

My pores are practically invisible, my acne scarring is lighter (not a lot but I'm noticing less and less) and I usually have 'pits' from healed acne scars and those are reducing too.

If after one week my skin has had such improvement I can only wonder what 3 months would do!!!! I'm also eating more raw organic foods and only using natural products on my skin so that helps.

For under $10 I think this stuff is magic!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by diaphoneful

I'm SO disappointed. I used raw, organic apple cider, and this product. Maybe I didn't steam my face enough, maybe I applied it too thick, maybe I didn't leave it on enough?

My forehead is now covered in what I could say raised black heads. My skin just recovered from a horrible extraction (I'm unfortunately a horrible pimple popper). I got so depressed I vowed to stop picking and diligently followed my skin regimine.

I'm hoping this is just my skin purging, because in order to stop myself from wrecking havoc on my face I popped a few along my hairline. People say they've experienced this, and applied again the very next night. I'm going to try steaming more and applying a thinner layer, and waiting 30 minutes to an hour.

**UPDATE***
Turns out my skin was just purging. It looked nice and bright and the tiny white pimples went away. Unfortunately, after three weeks, this product doesn't do anything for my skin. Oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I purchased a huge tub from Whole Foods...it'll probably last me a life time. Interesting clay mask. I suppose it's effective and does what it does. I mix it with the juices from plain yogurt. Leave it on for 10 mins. Rinse. Then finish with a plain yogurt mask to cool off the redness

3/10/13 EDIT:
I use with Apple Cider Vinegar as suggested. It's super drying. Draws everything out of pores esp the nose. You can squeeze all the pores after rinsing this mask off since it draws it all to the surface.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is easily the best clay mask I have used. I was using LUSH's Mask of Magnaminty, and it worked great, but the price is just way too steep to keep repurchasing it. I bought two tubs and was out 60 dollars! I just couldn't keep paying that much for a clay mask. I did a little research online and found this little jewel. On Amazon.com it was about seven dollars and some change, so I thought what the heck it's worth a try. It arrived on time, and the first time I used it was with just water. It worked just as well if not better than my old LUSH mask. There is no tingly minty feeling but honestly I'd rather not have that or the minty scent since they get overpowering sometimes. This mask dried very quickly, and I really could feel my face pulsate! Now, mind you, I have really bad acne. After using this, I haven't seen any new blemishes. I went out and bought apple cider vinegar after using it with just water, since it was kind of hard to mix, and it mixes like a dream now. The clay and apple cider vinegar together make a wonderful fluffy mixture that spreads on like a dream. Removal can be a little tough but it's nothing that will deter me from using it. Like others have said, your face will be red for about half an hour afterwards but just use it at night before bed so there won't be any issues with that. The tub leaks a little bit but I can live with that. All in all it is my new HG mask! I suggest it to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by d0llie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this clay after reading page after page of positive reviews, and I must say I agree with every one of them! This clay is amazing, and it comes with so much in the package I won't have to buy it again for a very long time! The cheapest place to buy it is at iherb.com. The regular price here is a little under $6 which is already cheaper then anywhere else, BUT if you use the code KOY923 at checkout, you will get $5 off meaning it is only about $1! I know, I had trouble believing it too but sure enough that was the price! I used it with "Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother" by Dynamic Health which I also purchased at iherb.com for a really cheap price. The container says to mix it with equal parts ACV and clay, but I found that to be a little too runny, so I added some more clay. I would say the perfect amount for one mask to cover your entire face and neck would be 1 tablespoon clay with a little less then 1 tablespoon ACV. The clay was more brown in color then I expected, but that's probably because I'm used to using QHMJM. When I mixed the clay with the ACV it fizzed for a few seconds, then turned into a nice smooth textured mask. I put it on my entire face and my neck and left it on for about 40 minutes. I turned the fan on in my room while it was drying for some extra air flow. The mask began to harden right away, and began to feel tight after about 20 minutes. It got a little itchy in spots, but nothing uncomfortable. After 40 minutes the mask was dry and very very tight. To remove the mask, I got a warm washcloth and dapped my face all over, and let the water soak into it for a few seconds. This got the mask wet again, and it wiped off very easily. I was honestly amazed with the results after just one use! My skin appeared so clear, and the few pimples I had were already gone! My skin was patchy red after using it, but that went away after about 30 minutes. I honestly love this, and am so glad I bought it! I'm going to start using it once a week, and I can't wait to see the long term results of repeated use!! I would recommend using your favorite moisturizer after you wash it off. LOVE THIS STUFF!!! :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by haily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! It makes my super acne prone skin sooo much soft...like never. It feels so clean after rinsing.....so fresh...
It didn't break me out ,no problems with it at all. I just don't have enough words to recommend it! Seriously,...you have to try it,you have to experience this,it definitely worth trying!!!!
I mix it with apple vinegar. I tried it with water,it's ok,but I decided it works better with vinegar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by chearst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the business. Back in the day when I was kid, I found a tub of this in my aunt's bathroom cabinet and surrepticiously gave it a try. The suction was so intense I was like, whoa, that was an experience. Fast foward about 15 years later, and I'm watching this woman on TV get a facial with some kind of vaccuum tool sucking a bunch of pink gunk out of her seemingly clean skin, and I thought, that's what I need, some intense suction, and then I remembered this mask. Had to google a bit ot figure out the name and then immediately went out and bought a tub at Whole Foods.

I initially used water, but switched to apple cider vinegar and I think it works better that way. The only downside to this product, as far as I'm concerned, is that it comes in powder form and is a bit of a hassle and slightly messy to mix up before each use, but I get why that's necessary, as it would otherwise completely dry itself no matter kind of container you put it in. It's also nice to be able to adjust the thickness according to your preferences.

As everyone else has said, the suction is incredibly intense. It's uncomfortable. My nose always start to itch shortly after application, which bugs me to death, but that passes as it dries. Also, I have to stay hidden away in my bedroom with this on because I look absolutely freakish as it dries. I also leave it on for some time--it takes quite a while for it to fully dry and if you put it on really thick it never will (it's sill sucking away though, dry or not). Anyway, I try to give it at least and hour. I usually apply the mask and then do my nails.

I have acne prone skin and use prescription meds to control it, but it does something the meds can't and will absolutely clear up and prevent and beakouts and promote faster healing. I had this awful stubborn breakout after trying some new skincare products--my forehead was absolutely covered with ugly little bumps and few bigger once and after I stopped using the products it would not go away despite my continued use of the the acne meds. Well, I knew this mask would solve the problem, so I resolved to use it nightly for a week or two and sure enough my skin's clearing up nicely. Welcome back attractive forehead. Do I need to say that I love this mask? I'm not always consistent about using it because I'm lazy, but I should be. Once or twice a week is probably ideal.

In summary, it's extremely effective, natural, and inexpensive (a tub lasts forever). Do give it a try.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by herbalearthling

So I bought this product per recommendation from a good friend of mine. She was using it for her acne-prone skin and had great results! I bought a tub for a little more than I wanted to spend but now that I've used it several times and it doesn't even look like I've made a dent, that purchase is now well justified.

I had been using this in combination with just water which seemed to work just fine. I didn't know what I was missing out on! At that point, my only gripe was that I couldn't get it into a creamy paste as everyone was saying.

I whipped together a batch the other night for my hubby with the intent to use apple cider vinegar. I forgot to use it for the first batch and used that on my hubby considering he wasn't using it on his face (he has a herniated disc that got irritated and we were trying out different remedies when I thought to give this a shot on his back since the clay is to pull out toxins. One of the factors for a herniated disc is almost like a chemical burn to the nerve because when a disc ruptures, fluids leek from inside the disc). I ended up wasting the rest of the first batch by becoming desperate to achieve the creamy consistency and put it through a metal strainer then remembering that you are not at all supposed to use any kind of metal whatsoever when mixing and handling this stuff.

So then I whipped up another batch this time remembering to use the apple cider vinegar. I have some reusable muslin bags so I decided to squeeze it through there to get the lumps out. I measured the equal parts of clay and apple cider vinegar, mixed them together, gave it a stir, enjoyed the sound of the fizz for a second, and then proceeded to get the mesh bag set up to line a glass jar to catch the contents that I squeezed through the bag. By the time I got back to the bowl to scoop out the clay, the reaction that the apple cider vinegar had on the clay was astounding!!! The result... silky smooth clay with absolutely no lumps at all!!! I was thrilled!

Another thing that made this time different was that I purchased a decent eco friendly bamboo makeup brush. After using my fingers to apply it before, this was a real treat and felt so much more luxurious, easier, and way less messy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by KCEleven11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

When your only complaint about something is that the package comes so stuffed full, it is dang near impossible to not spill... you have a WINNER! This is my HG face mask. I have black heads on my chin and nose pretty bad, when I run my finger across it my skin feels bumpy. Blah, I used this mask ONE TIME and now when I rub my chin it is smooth. I will update after I have used this product a while longer. I could feel it working (and by this I mean it tingled and itched like crazy haha) and had a little trouble getting it into a paste. I kept it on for the full half hour. After I washed it off ( I recommend doing this in the shower out of sheer convenience) my face was red, but once it calmed down (about twenty minutes) my skin tone was fabulous. TRY THIS. I bought a one pound tube for like seven bucks. Even if you don't like it you can give it to some one else to try. Or make little home made instruction labels, put it into tiny trial size jars and BAM stocking stuffer for your beauty savvy ladies. Sorry, I am suffering from holiday fever =))

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No