Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 2/5/2014 5:55:00 AM

Weak stuff. Doesn't remove makeup. Why do people like this stuff?

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this cleaner last month and have been using from the day 1. I am finding a lot of difference it has done to my dry skin. The packaging ofthe product is not so attractive. The price is also a bit high. But comparing to the quality of the product, I was much satisfied and will surely go to buy a second one.

I started using this product in july 2013 - my mother [rip] had just started chemo treatments and her skin got really dry and she started to break out [a side effect of some medication she was on] my mom had naturally flawless skin, never needed to wear make up. so her breaking out and having skin problems was weird. her oncologist gave her a couple sample size bottles of this cleanser, saying it was the only cleanser he recommended.

she used it and it cleared her skin up, ive struggled with acne my whole life, never cystic but it was constant. my mom had purchased two bottles of this cleanser one for her and one for me, she figured it would help, and since the doctor recommended it, that it couldn't be bad. its the only cleanser I have used since.

I have naturally dry skin, I break out because I cannot keep my face moisturized so it over produces oils and I breakout. but im never oily. its weird. ive used a lot of product on my face, neostrata, schisedo, aveeno, clinque, Clearasil, st ives. anything and everything basically. and nothing ever kept me moisturized and was gentle enough. this was.

since ive been using this I only break out around my period and its not even near as bad as it was I only get one or two small pimples. I use this cleanser with Clinique toner, and cetaphil moisturizer. its amazing. I don't think I will ever use anything else. HOWEVER. it isn't strong enough to remove make up.

my holy grail product for sure.

on 2/1/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the few cleansers that don't irritate my face and remove my makeup. This stuff is so cheap for what you get. HUGE pump bottle from Target for 9 bucks. Stuff will last me a year. I accidentally bought the one for oily skin and I have dry and got nervous. It's fine. It didn't strip the moisture or make it drier.

It doesn't have anything fancy or special about it, it's just a very good cleanser that actually does what it says. I can remove makeup with this easily. It rinses clean without a problem and does get down into the pores.

Great product for such a low price.

on 2/1/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Packaging:
The packaging of this product is really nothing special. It's not really considered "cute," but does the job pretty well. My only complaint is that it is nearly impossible to get the last bit of product out because of the pump. You almost ALWAYS have to pour some out into your hands (which I don't really mind).

Price:
I personally don't think this product is too expensive, especially with the amount you get. One bottle lasts me about 3+ months, which is totally worth the $10-15 (depending on where you purchase it).

Pros:
-Cleans skin thoroughly
-Doesn't cause breakouts
-Gentle
-Doesn't irritate eyes

Cons:
None!

Texture:
A creamy, almost silky gel. It feels really moisturizing and smooth when being applied.

Smell:
None

Comments:
I have tried about 10+ different facial washes, and continue to return back to this. It's so simple, yet works really well. I still haven't found a product that beats it. Plus, it is incredible for sensitive skin like mine. It's non-comedogenic and scent-free, so it doesn't cause any irritation!

This product is very mild for my skin, which is perfect as it tends to be mostly dry. My nose however requires more thorough cleansing due to it being oily and prone to blackheads, so I wouldn't recommend this to a person with oily skin.

on 1/30/2014 3:02:00 PM

I've surprised by the relatively low rating. After reading through a few reviews, I realize my skin type is very different from other reviewers, hence the difference result.

I have very dry skin. I read somewhere in the past that over-cleansing will dry and age the skin further and since then have switched to most gentle cleanser I can find and this is the one. I've been using this cleanser for 5 years. I massage a pump's worth on to face, wipe it off with a tissue and then rinse with cold water very quickly. It leaves my skin refreshed, soft and moist. I alternate with a powder cleanser if my skin feels sticky. It is not makeup removal and I use other products for that.

on 1/29/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It didn't do anything for me.I was having breakouts when I purchased a bottle, probably due to the moisturizer I was using. My face just remained the same.It's slightly pricey so I guess I expected a little more. I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/28/2014 10:45:00 PM

Love. Been using since the summer 2014. Awesome and gentle for skin all year long.

Pros: gentle doesn't dry my now winter dry skin out and great in the summer when I have oily skin. Easy to use ( I use with Olay spinning brush -totally saved my face those two) and if you can get the Harmon's drugstore kind it's great and so cheap.

I've searched everywhere with everything for my ever changing acne prone oily dry skin. This is the only thing I've ever used for so long that works I suggest it to every and anyone.

Cons: none

on 1/26/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've been using this cleanser for a very long time. Like for 2 years. My skin is very sensitive so it's very hard to find a good cleanser for me. My dermatologist recommend this to me after my skin broke out after trying out a concealer from Neutrogena. I immediately stopped using the concealer and tried to go about on my daily routine, but it wasn't working. I honestly can say, I RARELY break out (but I do get a pimple here and there when it's that time of the month), but after using that concealer, it somehow made me break out a whole lot for about 2 weeks. Then I started using the Cetaphil cleanser, and for the heck of it, I even purchased the daily lotion (which I also love!). I started using them both for about 2-3 weeks and I start to notice that my pimples were going away! It doesn't smell which I love because my skin is quite sensitive and it doesn't foam at all. I don't really mind that as long as it does it's job. It cleans my skin very nicely and not only that, it hydrates! It doesn't dry your skin at all. My skin feels smooth and bouncy after. The packaging is not girly or cutesy. I would like it to be but my husband uses it too so he simply likes it lol I buy mines at Costco, which is cheaper. You buy two for the price of one. The lotion isn't so bad either. It's part of my everyday routine. I currently have clear skin! Like clear skin! The monthly cycles don't even phase me anymore! I have about 2 scars from a previous break out due to seafood, but it's going away. I use another product for scars. This product really worked out for me. I don't know about other people but give it try. I never tried the oily one, but I don't need it since my skin is normal for now. I highly recommend to people with very sensitive skin!