April 24, 2014 | 975 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this to do the Regimen. It's an okay gentle cleanser, and I wasn't really expecting it alone to help my acne much, but it did not over irritate my skin. My only complaint is that it didn't really lather well so I went through it very fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by makeupblondette007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser is something that is simple to use on your skin. It is not gonna make miracle changes. It is merely a cleanser that does not irritate or dry it out. I can use this to avoid irritating my skin helping to keep breakouts away. It is gentle and if you are looking for something that will not irritate your skin this cleanser is great. I have oily skin and it works great for me. Overdrying your skin with other cleansers is not a good thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by BeautyGuru14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this cleanser because my sister recommended this to me...Lets just say I will never go to any other facial cleanser again. This stuff works amazing and leaves my skin feeling clean and yet its so gentle. I liked it a lot because its fragrance free non-comedogenic and dermatologist recommended and pretty sure it's dermatologist tested also. I recommend this product. My favorite facial cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used a few bottles of this cleanser in the past years and had never been impressed. I repurchased it a few times because it claims to be gentle yet effective, and I always came back to it and expected it to work. I have dry skin and some acne on my forehead, this cleanser absolutely did nothing for my skin. Also even it looks great value for a such a big bottle of product, it always ran out a lot faster than I expected. Now I'm using chemical free natural soap to clean my face and it works a lot better, my acne (white heads) on my foreheads are finally gone. I'll no longer repurchase this cleanser since the natural soap did a great job and only few dollars for the amount of product that will last months.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

I've been using this cleanser for a while now and all I can say is it has already helped me much with the redness on my face. I used to really breakout a lot before I used this stuff because I was using harsh soaps that peel the skin and those cleansers with their bha/aha thing.i realized the best way to take care of your skin is to use gentle products on it and now my breakouts have already stopped. And if you really need to peel every once in a while you can just use toners with those acids that could help you peel your skin off. I think this is the best way cause before I was using a glycolic acid cleanser and apple cider vinegar, omg it made my skin so dry and red. I realized I shouldn't be doing both at the same time and just needed to use a mild stuff to cleanse my face so that's why I turned to cetaphil. Honestly I was really hesitant at first because I didn't think it contains anything to help cleanse the skin and I might breakout, but wow everytime i get done washing my face with I can't help but notice that the redness on my face calms down when I try to look in the mirror.im thankful I've used this. I wish I've started this a long time ago and now it doesn't take me so long to conceal the redness on my face since most of them are already gone.

UpdATE:
I don't really like this now. It made my face clog prone and so dry like my makeup will always be sitting on top of my face. So embarrassing. Doesn't make my skin better or anything. Doesn't remove makeup at all and makes my face more and more red. I'm never gonna use this stuff again. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Shelby3387

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yay!!!! i've FINALLY found a cleanser thats cleared my skin up! :D took a lot of trial and error, but i read so many good reviews on this on i thought i'd give it a shot.

things i like:
gentle, doesn't irritate
cleared up my acne
also seems to have helped clear scarring
a lot of product

cons:
a weird gel feeling, doesn't lather

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have extremely oily skin and I use this as my daily cleanser. It's less harsh than most soapy, clear cleansers so it won't strip your face of essential oils. My only gripe is that it's not strong enough to completely remove dirt and makeup. On my oiliest days, it feels like I am washing my face with moisturizer and it leaves a filmy feeling behind. You should use toner afterwards with this to completely remove makeup and oil. I cannot use this alone to remove my foundation. I have to remove with face wipes first. But it's cheap and easily available in most drugstores, so it'll do for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

My dermatologist told me to use this because I have acne pron sensitive and it did nothing for me. Nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are as oily as I am, forget it. Don't even bother. I know people tell you that you need to try not to overly dry out your skin if you have oily skin because you'll just make your skin produce more oil but this is maybe slightly true if you weren't genetically predestined to have oily skin. My skin is ridiculously oily, has been since I was 13. This does not work at all for me. I still have half the bottle left from giving this a go. On the other hand my friend has near perfect skin with a couple of clogged pores and needs something this gentle for her skin so this works great for her. Look at your skin, if you can see your pores and you're breaking out and even slightly oily everywhere, look elsewhere because this will not remove one drop of oil off you're face. There are plenty of gentle skin cleansers out there for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Thrillmore1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good ol' cetaphil has become my standby facial cleanser. My oily, acne-prone skin really likes this cleanser and I seem to get a mess of pimples and blackheads when I try and switch from this to any other cleanser. I like that my face does not feel "stripped" after using this. Rather, it feels fresh and moisturized. The creamy, non-foaming texture does take some getting used as it does feel like you are slapping some of your body cream on your face but once I was used to it, its no problem at all. I use this at night in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia and my skin just loves it. No irritation just fresh, clean skin. I do have to use a makeup remover with this as it DOES NOT remove makeup like it claims to. I use a makeup remover wipe first then follow up with cetaphil. Overall, it is a good, reliable old friend for me and I will continue to purchase this as I don't want to "rock the boat" so to speak where I try something new and it fails miserably.