Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/26/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product is OK, It can take off my makeup but I feel like its too gentle to really clean my skin to where I feel like its really doing something. If you have normal non acne prone skin it might work.

on 1/21/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Honestly, this stuff is a lifesaver for me. I've been battling acne for the last ten or so years, and I have extremely sensitive skin. Until I settled into the routine I've been using for the past 2 or so years with Cetaphil, the slightest thing would break me out. I have combination skin, but whereas for a lot of people, "combination skin" means some dry patches and some oily patches, I get a super, super greasy forehead and nose, and extremely dry patches (read: eczema) on my eyelids, cheeks, and chin.

I was using all kinds of cleansers, both drugstore and high-end, until I finally saw a dermatologist who recommended I use Cetaphil... Best decision. I still get oily in the forehead and nose, and I still get eczema flare-ups every now and then (also, I tend to break out around that-time-of-the-month) but everything is so much more manageable and smooth and even looking.

My routine: Cetaphil cleanser in the AM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream (I think this is technically for body, but it works wonders on my dry patches and doesn't break me out) and topical benzoyl peroxide. Cetaphil cleanser in the PM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream and topical tretinoin. 2x a week I use my Clarisonic, and 2x a week I use a mask.

on 1/18/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am honestly mixed emotions about this cleanser. Let me tell you why... So I use to use Proactiv and in an attempt to cut off from that junk I was starting to incorporate Cetaphil and it was really working, my skin had never looked better it was like a miracle. I honestly felt like it removed all my makeup, dirt, sweat, everything. However, once I completely cut off my proactiv, my skin was just not happy, I broke out dramatically. And the cetaphil did nothing unfortunately. I have gone through one bottle and was half way through a second and stopped.

However, 2 years later I decided to give it a try again, my acne has been a rollarcoaster since and i tried this new birthcontrol method (which has been the worse experience ever) and it has broke me out soooo much I have never seen my acne this bad and I am 20 years old living with acne for over 6 years. And now my face is super sensitive and I decided to start using Cetaphil again, well although there is slight improvement I don't know it its the cleanser or the gel or the antibiotics I am on. My face is just a hott mess. It does, however, not irritate my skin and leave it nice and clean. I just hope it works its magic again.

on 1/18/2014 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for years - during my severe acne, oily, and dry skin days. It was recommended by my dermatologist and by many reviews searched online. It leaves face fresh and clean if washed properly. It's not just the cleanser; you need to wash properly as well! I forgot how many times I've repurchased this product, but this one's a keeper.

on 1/17/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like cleanser that doesn't lather or anything because I just don't feel that my face is completely washed and refreshed. It's not cheap as a drugstore item.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This never cleanses make up or sunscreen off! It made my skin worse

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this. its gentle and leaves my skin so soft and smooth with out over drying it. defenatly buy if you are looking for a gentle yet affective cleanser

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this after removing my make up and it does a really good job of removing anything left on my skin. It does not break me out or dry my skin. It's simple but effective. The bottle is so ugly though...

on 1/7/2014 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG facial cleanser for winter and already gone through countless bottles. So definitely recommend and would repurchase!

The liquid is in semi-transparency milky shade with a light lotion like texture, so somehow look like never going to clean the skin, and will leave a greasy film. But indeed it does the job well and leave just the right amount of moisture.

If u find cleansing milk to be too greasy and dry, you might like this product.

Remarks:I have normal to dry skin, and use it as seconds cleanser after Bioderma water.
I would use it as

on 1/4/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this product. I have struggled with acne all my life and used just about everything. This cleanses my face without any irraition. My acne has cleared up a lot even though i have only been using it for two week

Video Reviews & Tutorials