MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 1/25/2011 5:34:00 AM

Thought I would love this shade, it was so pretty in the pan and has such good reviews. I think it's just too simple and plain for me. I've tried it with a few different combos and one I do like is rubenesque paint pot on the lid with all that glitters over it. It's easy and pretty for a busy morning. I like darker colors like Sable and Satin Taupe more so don't like my review keep you from buying, it seems to work for everyone else.

on 1/23/2011 1:41:00 AM

This color is great. It is a lovely sparkly beige that I think would look good on anyboyd because it's not too white. I think it would be the perfect quick and easy everyday summer color.

on 1/21/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a nice daytime eyeshadow--one of the better neutrals MAC makes. MAC "staples", like Shroom, don't show up on me at all--I'm NC40 and beige-y colors don't tend to show on me, but All That Glitters is a good alternative to all the neutrals that are like nothing on me. Great addition to your neutrals collection, if that's your thing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

THIS IS THE PERFECT COLOR FOR DARK SKIN =)

on 1/12/2011 4:06:00 PM

Love this color! Can be layered or worn on its own for a slight shimmer. The consistency is fabulous- so smooth and blendable.

on 1/11/2011 3:54:00 PM

This is a must-have eyeshadow color if you are starting out with MAC and you wear neutrals. It is often compared with naked lunch but I think that All That Glitters is darker and has less pink, it's more on the beige side but the two colors are still pretty similar. It looks so pretty on the lid and sometimes I just wear it as a wash. I wish I wore it more often though.. I will definitely buy again.
and don't let the name scare you...it does not have chunky glitters in it at all. if you know mac finishes, it's a veluxe pearl which is the softest, smoothest consistency that mac has for eye shadows in their permanent line.

on 1/10/2011 2:00:00 PM

I would describe this as a shimmery neutral gold with a stunning warm undertone. An amazing colour for a wash all over the lids or a pop of colour! The pigmentation is quite good and so is the texture. Having a lazy day? Apply this on the lids so your set to go , easy peasy!
Stay beautiful,
Daisee xx

on 1/7/2011 10:25:00 AM

i love this eye shadow :) i tend to either use this as an all over lid colour, or crease colour when im looking for something natural.
for lidcolour, pairing this with bronze, twinks or stable works well

for crease work, i tend to use, jest, phloof or grand entrance. or modelette.
when im lazy i just use this as an all over lid colour with some eyeliner. no fuss, brightens my eye and looks super pretty.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really didn't like this shadow. It's a gorgeous color, but it is WAY more pink than I expected. Pinks don't look very nice on me, due to my pale/yellow under toned skin, it makes me look very sickly. Didn't really like the texture either, which surprised me since everyone ADORES Veluxe Pearls. I didn't find it to be very soft at all. As I said, it's definitely a gorgeous color that everyone should have, but I'll probably store this away for awhile until summer rolls around and I'm tan. This color is definitely a color for tanned/deeper skin tones. I don't regret purchasing, I only wish I could use it more often!

on 12/11/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I'm obviously in the minority, but I don't like this shadow too much. It's very glittery on me. I prefer Naked Lunch much, much better for a highlight color.