December 18, 2014 | 1657 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by subgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a devoted Lush-ee, but I hadn't used this product before recommendations of the nail board.

I got a sample (small tub, but the actual product is in a black pot as well, so that's why the low package score) just in case I didn't like the scent. I have problems with some LUSH scents so I try and sample before investing. Well, I love this stuff.

Hear me? LOVE THIS STUFF.

It's a lemony sort of scent, yes, but not like Pledge, more like actual lemons. It goes away, thankfully after a bit.

I massage it into my cuticles and the the excess down my fingers, then apply Helping Hands or another thick cream over it before bed. I've definitely been having less hangnails and things are looking much better.

I was advised to use this instead of the oils I was using, and it is definitely working better. Thanks Nail Board! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great for my cuticles. My hands are always so dry. Because of my job I wash my hands constantly which tends to dry them out, especially in the winter. My cuticles are always dry and pealing and I am getting hang nails. Not when I use this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is definitely a keeper! I use it on my cuticles, hands, feet, knees, elbows, and lips. It keeps everything super soft and moisturized. I no longer have problems with dry hands and feet. I'm surprised so many people described this product as being greasy.It's only greasy if you apply too much, otherwise it soaks in pretty quickly. You really only need a small little dab for your hands. I love the scent. My boyfriend also likes the scent which is a big plus. It smells just like the candy Pez. The product lasts a really long time and the price is definitely great. I will definitely be buying this again when mine runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Catsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! It is thick and greasy, but that's sort of the point. It definitely does its job of moisturizing; my hands have never looked better. However, the scent is very strong and it is a bit on the pricey side.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by aJudith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally use Burt's Bee's cuticle creme--but this one is starting to grow on me. I prefer the smell of this to BB--as I am not much of a lemon fan. The scent is much more mild. The consistency is creamy, which I love. I glide it on my cuticles whenever I have the chance and I don't find it "too greasy" to apply during the daytime. The price does not seem bad to me because a little dab goes a very long way. I have used this over 10 times and I do not see a difference in the tub. Is it working? It does keep my cuticles moisturized and I live in cold Chicago so my hands tend to get dry. This does the job. Do I love it more than BB? I can't say for sure yet but will update when I finish the tub!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by bassdragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a small tin of this when I was over in the UK, and fell in love. Normally I use Burt's Bees, but this, for me, worked 10x better - my hangnails were gone in less than a week and it's great for over night - put it on, slip on the moisturizing gloves and you're done. I had a friend suggest to me to use it for severely chapped lips, and decided to give it a try. Worked a treat! Worth the expense as an occasional treat, as a small tin goes on for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by violetfemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a girl with horribly dry skin and constant hangnails, I've been searching for that hand cream that would help. I was recommended this by a friend who uses it just as a cuticle treatment. I tried it as a hand cream and fell in love. Since it is a thicker "butter" I only use it at night, right before bed. My hangnails have disappeared and my dry hands are healing. I took off one lippie for the scent, to me it is very medicinal. It does fade and I cannot smell it on my hands after it has absorbed. I am willing to overlook this to not have peely thumbs. Will repurchase when my tub is out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This does moisturize my dry cuticles. However, it is greasy but it does absorb into my skin in about 20 minutes. The issue I have with this product is the scent. I don't find the scent pleasing and I don't love this product enough to overlook the scent so I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 More reviews by joymeetsworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's definitely one of the staples from Lush that I always seem to repurchase. I use it as a
cuticle cream, but I really buy it to use on my heels. I slather if on and then add Ocean Salt to exfoliate and rinse. I'll add some more Lemony Flutter after and I'm not even kidding -- this treatment is fantastic! I have awful heels and this routine has really worked for me.

The cons? I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but it's not unpleasant-- just strong. I've also found that it seems to go a bit "off" before the expiration date. This has happened with the last few I've purchased. It changes consistency a little and the color turns more white rather than yellow. Has anyone else noticed this?

All in all, this is a great product. A little goes a long way so this will definitely last you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by quiet1

This is my Holy Grail hand cream for the winter. My hands get super dry and crack and peel and before Lemony Flutter I'd go through tubes of hand cream all the time that just didn't seem to be doing anything. With Lemony Flutter once or twice a day I'm actually staying on top of it and my hands aren't cracking or hurting, it's amazing.

It is very greasy, so I keep a pair of cotton gloves on hand to put on after I apply it so it has a chance to sink in. (Just apply, put on gloves, read MUA for half an hour. :) ) During the day when I need a little extra help I just apply a very small dab of Lemony Flutter to the trouble spot and rub in well, and that seems to do the trick.

My cuticles are also looking quite nice and healthy, so I'll keep using this even in the summer, just limiting application to just the cuticle area and massaging it in well. (In the summer I also use it as a foot treatment - do a soak and scrub, then apply Lemony Flutter all over and a pair of socks. Doing that once a week keeps my feet looking decent in sandals.)

It also is a great lip balm when your lips are really chapped and dry, or on the skin around your nose. (I decant a little bit from my pot into a tiny travel jar when I get a new pot of Lemony Flutter just for this purpose. A small 5g sized jar easily lasts all winter used as a lip treatment.)