LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

I really love this one. The scent isn't overwhelming which I really like. It moistures really good and I put it on daily over night to get the best results. After using it a while my cuticles are minimal and only have to push them back once a week or less.

on 4/26/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this product! It's my go to whenever I need some serious moisturization. I use it on my knees, elbows and feet. My husband swears by putting this on his tattoos when they're healing. It smells like a sweet lemon, very fresh. It hydrates SO well, but doesn't absorb to a dryness, which I like.

A great foot treatment is "Oceany Flutter". Scrub your footsies with Ocean Salt and put some Lemony Flutter on afterwards, you will have heavenly feet.

on 4/26/2010 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. I use it on my cuticles, elbows, knees, ankles & feet and it really helps with dry, scaly skin. U do have to really work it in for it to work though & it can be a bit greasy afterward, but as long as it gets the job done I can live with that. It has a strong lemon scent which I like, but some may not. At first I thought this is kind of expensive for the amount you get, but it is so thick it really lasts quite a while.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an okay product. It doesn't absorb very easily and I don't like the scent, but it does moisturise well when I really work it in.

on 4/7/2010 1:44:00 PM

Oooo-wee! This stuff TOTALLY smells like lemon pledge ... you know ... the floor cleaner. Not a great smell.

It works okay, but it's really not that great. I have super dry skin and I found I had to keep reapplying this over and over again to get results. Even when using lotion gloves it still wouldn't absorb all the way. And it did pretty much nothing for my cuticles.

I'm sticking with good old Vaseline and/or coconut oil.

on 3/31/2010 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an OK product, honestly it has done its job, and my cuticles are looking pretty good. Unfortunately it smells like a barn. Like lemon + damp hay/straw .Why would you make your product smell like a barnyard?

Also, it is very greasy, which is good for the cuticles, but if you get it on any other part of your hands, please, do not touch your face! The first day I used it my face broke out horribly and I realized that it was due to touching my face with my greasy, barnyard stinking hands.

on 3/12/2010 1:44:00 AM

As with all LUSH products, this one is expensive..and the scent is strong.
It smells like pez mixed with lemonhead candy.

This product works when you have it on.. it melts into your fingers and cuticles... I've been using this about every 3 days or so, and I've noticed on the days i'm NOT using it, my cuticles are dry, and peeling.

so... it works when you have it on, but it just sits on top on your skin. it doesnt penetrate deep enough to do anything in the way of PREVENTING further cracking/peeling/dry cuticles.

there's no way i'd buy this again.. waste of money. just use olive oil on your cuticles instead.

on 3/11/2010 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Could it be that I have finally found the magic formula for growing and maintaining healthy nails? I believe so- at least for me.LUSH lemony Flutter is part of my daily routine. I use it on both cuticles and nail beds and my nails are the healthiest/strongest they have been- EVER! No breakage, hang nails and works great as a hand cream as well(tiny bit goes along way). I have used Burt's Bees cuticle cream also and find this more beneficial to my nails.

Three must haves for long nails(for me)
LUSH lemony flutter(daily)
Essie crystal nail file and
Nailtek Intensive Therapy II (daily)

on 3/7/2010 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Ok, I was about to walk out of LUSH when this caught my eye at the last minute. Winter dries my hands out and usually my cuticles are pretty well behaved but, this year they were really dry. So, I massaged some of this in and walked around a bit. Within seconds my dry cuticles were cured and they stayed that way so of course I went back and bought myself a tub (approx $12 CDN). I'm sure it will last me a WHILE and I'll probably share this with a few people because you really only need VERY little. Warm it up between your fingers first before you massage them on to your cuticles. It also works pretty well on your elbows after you exfoliate them ;)

on 2/20/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am a devoted Lush-ee, but I hadn't used this product before recommendations of the nail board.

I got a sample (small tub, but the actual product is in a black pot as well, so that's why the low package score) just in case I didn't like the scent. I have problems with some LUSH scents so I try and sample before investing. Well, I love this stuff.

Hear me? LOVE THIS STUFF.

It's a lemony sort of scent, yes, but not like Pledge, more like actual lemons. It goes away, thankfully after a bit.

I massage it into my cuticles and the the excess down my fingers, then apply Helping Hands or another thick cream over it before bed. I've definitely been having less hangnails and things are looking much better.

I was advised to use this instead of the oils I was using, and it is definitely working better. Thanks Nail Board! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials