LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 4/7/2010 1:44:00 PM

Oooo-wee! This stuff TOTALLY smells like lemon pledge ... you know ... the floor cleaner. Not a great smell.

It works okay, but it's really not that great. I have super dry skin and I found I had to keep reapplying this over and over again to get results. Even when using lotion gloves it still wouldn't absorb all the way. And it did pretty much nothing for my cuticles.

I'm sticking with good old Vaseline and/or coconut oil.

on 3/31/2010 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an OK product, honestly it has done its job, and my cuticles are looking pretty good. Unfortunately it smells like a barn. Like lemon + damp hay/straw .Why would you make your product smell like a barnyard?

Also, it is very greasy, which is good for the cuticles, but if you get it on any other part of your hands, please, do not touch your face! The first day I used it my face broke out horribly and I realized that it was due to touching my face with my greasy, barnyard stinking hands.

on 3/12/2010 1:44:00 AM

As with all LUSH products, this one is expensive..and the scent is strong.
It smells like pez mixed with lemonhead candy.

This product works when you have it on.. it melts into your fingers and cuticles... I've been using this about every 3 days or so, and I've noticed on the days i'm NOT using it, my cuticles are dry, and peeling.

so... it works when you have it on, but it just sits on top on your skin. it doesnt penetrate deep enough to do anything in the way of PREVENTING further cracking/peeling/dry cuticles.

there's no way i'd buy this again.. waste of money. just use olive oil on your cuticles instead.

on 3/11/2010 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Could it be that I have finally found the magic formula for growing and maintaining healthy nails? I believe so- at least for me.LUSH lemony Flutter is part of my daily routine. I use it on both cuticles and nail beds and my nails are the healthiest/strongest they have been- EVER! No breakage, hang nails and works great as a hand cream as well(tiny bit goes along way). I have used Burt's Bees cuticle cream also and find this more beneficial to my nails.

Three must haves for long nails(for me)
LUSH lemony flutter(daily)
Essie crystal nail file and
Nailtek Intensive Therapy II (daily)

on 3/7/2010 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Ok, I was about to walk out of LUSH when this caught my eye at the last minute. Winter dries my hands out and usually my cuticles are pretty well behaved but, this year they were really dry. So, I massaged some of this in and walked around a bit. Within seconds my dry cuticles were cured and they stayed that way so of course I went back and bought myself a tub (approx $12 CDN). I'm sure it will last me a WHILE and I'll probably share this with a few people because you really only need VERY little. Warm it up between your fingers first before you massage them on to your cuticles. It also works pretty well on your elbows after you exfoliate them ;)

on 2/20/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am a devoted Lush-ee, but I hadn't used this product before recommendations of the nail board.

I got a sample (small tub, but the actual product is in a black pot as well, so that's why the low package score) just in case I didn't like the scent. I have problems with some LUSH scents so I try and sample before investing. Well, I love this stuff.

Hear me? LOVE THIS STUFF.

It's a lemony sort of scent, yes, but not like Pledge, more like actual lemons. It goes away, thankfully after a bit.

I massage it into my cuticles and the the excess down my fingers, then apply Helping Hands or another thick cream over it before bed. I've definitely been having less hangnails and things are looking much better.

I was advised to use this instead of the oils I was using, and it is definitely working better. Thanks Nail Board! :)

on 2/6/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is great for my cuticles. My hands are always so dry. Because of my job I wash my hands constantly which tends to dry them out, especially in the winter. My cuticles are always dry and pealing and I am getting hang nails. Not when I use this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is definitely a keeper! I use it on my cuticles, hands, feet, knees, elbows, and lips. It keeps everything super soft and moisturized. I no longer have problems with dry hands and feet. I'm surprised so many people described this product as being greasy.It's only greasy if you apply too much, otherwise it soaks in pretty quickly. You really only need a small little dab for your hands. I love the scent. My boyfriend also likes the scent which is a big plus. It smells just like the candy Pez. The product lasts a really long time and the price is definitely great. I will definitely be buying this again when mine runs out.

on 2/6/2010 8:08:00 PM

I really like this product! It is thick and greasy, but that's sort of the point. It definitely does its job of moisturizing; my hands have never looked better. However, the scent is very strong and it is a bit on the pricey side.

on 2/3/2010 9:19:00 PM

I normally use Burt's Bee's cuticle creme--but this one is starting to grow on me. I prefer the smell of this to BB--as I am not much of a lemon fan. The scent is much more mild. The consistency is creamy, which I love. I glide it on my cuticles whenever I have the chance and I don't find it "too greasy" to apply during the daytime. The price does not seem bad to me because a little dab goes a very long way. I have used this over 10 times and I do not see a difference in the tub. Is it working? It does keep my cuticles moisturized and I live in cold Chicago so my hands tend to get dry. This does the job. Do I love it more than BB? I can't say for sure yet but will update when I finish the tub!

Video Reviews & Tutorials