Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

on 10/4/2003 3:32:00 AM

Fresh Pears poached in sugar syrup. I'm not sure if it's too sweet for me but I still want it!! The girlie-girl bottle is just TDF!!!

on 9/30/2003 12:41:00 PM

This is one of my favourites.
I find it more of a soft musky vanilla scent on me. It seems to fade fast but others can still smell it when I can't.
I can't get this where I live so I have to find it elsewhere.
The only downside is the price.

on 9/21/2003 2:19:00 AM

This is not at all sweet on me. It reminds me of a flavored seltzer somehow. Very light, not heavy.. and pretty. I don't get a lot of the grassiness either, just enough. Like I said, it reminds me of seltzer. But I like that...

on 9/8/2003 5:11:00 PM

I really wanted to like this perfume. Oh, but to me it smelled like rotting cherries or bad fruit or something. Too cloying for me.
Sort of heavy.

on 9/6/2003 7:05:00 PM

How do I say this...Petite Cherie on me smelled like an old t-shirt, left in the rain for a day, dried in a dank damp back alley for a week, and then a cat comes and pees on it. I'm totally serious about that.

Perhaps Goutal's fragrance formulations are ultra-sensitive to individual skin chemistry. Hopefully that's what my problem was.

If this doesn't work for you, try Antonia's Flowers Floret or BeneFit Maybe Baby. They're both similar types of scents and both work marvelously on me.

on 8/19/2003 5:33:00 PM

Found this in Paris a few years ago.It is a very sweet,feminine fragrance. On me the scent of pear really comes through with a touch of vanilla. I wear it all the time and still love it. I get compliments from both men and women and my husband finds it very sexy. If there is a downside to Petite Cherie (other than the cost) it's that the scent doesn't last more than 2/3 hours. I find layering the EDP w/the body lotion helps. This perfume will always be in my collection. It's worth the price!

on 8/3/2003 10:58:00 PM

I actually bought Ce Soir Ou Jamais 1st and got a sample of this. I couldn't stop smelling myself when I had this on! So I decided to buy the EDP which comes in a lovely green bottle. My only complaint is that the EDP bottle doesn't come with a spray, and not wanting to contaminate the perfume by dabbing it on, I have to pour it into an atomiser and there is ALWAYS some spillage no matter how careful I am... & this is expensive stuff! Now I also make sure I catch any spillage with a piece of tissue paper and I fragrance my wardrobe with it.

on 7/26/2003 1:20:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

Petite Chérie is too fruity and giggly-girly for me, the grassy notes and peach could do, but that pear note is truly scary! Canned pears might taste great with ice cream and chocolate sauce, but I don't want to smell like them.

on 7/17/2003 2:31:00 PM

A hint of grass? Not on me it was more like the smell from my freshly mowed lawn. too much grass for me

on 7/14/2003 4:24:00 PM

If you are a lover of sweet, fruity scents, this is a beautiful one. Petite Cherie smells mostly of pears to my nose, but there is a touch of fresh leaves and a subtle underscoring of florals that give it some dimension and make it unique. On me it dries down to a sweetness similar to Floret. I prefer the EDT over the EDP only because the EDP is much fruitier and on me the EDT is sweet enough.

I know Annick Goutal's perfumes were made to wear alone or layer with one another through the day. I have yet to try layering Petite Cherie with anything but would love to see how it goes with Eau de Camille...

Popular Fragrances