September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2003 1:00:00 PM More reviews by under_the_leaves

Love this product but it's oh so ultra-expensive! Don't know if it's worth this much but it really made my lips soft n supple! love the cool crisp feeling! makes you tingle!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2003 11:14:00 PM More reviews by shanlp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For years the only thing I used on my lips was Origin's Lip Remedy...lots of other lip balms would literally make my lips blister. I got a sample of the La Mer lip balm and liked it so much that I purchased it. I love the way it feels on my lips (very good slip), and I've not experienced any drying or chapping since I've started using it. Although it is dreadfully expensive, I've had it for 9 months and am nowhere near even a quarter gone - and I use it several times a day. It is minty/cooling, so if you don't like that sort of thing then you won't like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2003 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Tropez

I *like* this lip balm, but I often wonder it if was worth the $AUD95 price tag. Its great for summer because of the cooling effect it produces, and moisturizes nicely - but so does alot of other lip balms for a fraction of the price. Unless I am feeling splurgy again, I may just opt for something more reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2003 5:55:00 PM More reviews by forrestkatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Made my lips chap. dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

COMMENTS: overpriced, mediocre lip balm, pale green tint, minty flavor, comes in a pot, 9 grams of product for $40

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2002 2:52:00 PM More reviews by 1228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think I am in the minority, but I really like this. I bought this on a "weak" day, so I expected to return it but I really, really like it, much to my wallet's dismay...I love the minty sensation and the flavor, and I like the subtle sheen it leaves on your lips without being too gooey.

EDIT--this made my lips flakey--I think because of the menthol. I am returning it, and dying to try DDF glossy lip therapy!

the only problem is that it doesn't have spf.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2002 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Karenhcm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product helped me experience my first cosmetic return. The scent was too strong and was not very soothing to me lips -- they tingled with a slight burning sensation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2002 12:25:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a lip balm fanatic and when this came to Singapore, I just had to try it and I must say: I'm so glad I tried it before forking out the big bucks for it. This has the most unbelievable disgusting taste - like Blistex's Lip revitalizer. After putting it on, it tasted like a sickly and saccharine artificial sweetness that I just had to wipe it off immediately! So I've no idea whether it works since I only had it on for like 5 seconds...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2002 1:57:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I borrowed some of my friend's lip balm because I left my Prada at home and honestly, this is so not worth the money. I don't like minty/menthol things so that was one of my main reasons. I also felt that my Prada lip balm lasted more and my lips felt more moisturized in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2002 10:16:00 AM More reviews by DianeB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I didn't really think I'd like this either but decided to give it a try. Great flavor, softens very well, really expensive ($40) and my new fave. Had to laugh when I read the ingredients list 'cause it contains emerald and tourmaline, as well as the La Mer secret seaweed ingredients in CDLM. If you want something really great for lips that will last a very long time, try this out.