July 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I really didn't like this pressed powder. I don't use a foundation, other than dabs of concealer here 'n there, and then I always set it with a pressed powder. Background on me, I have skin that's oily in the AM until I wash it, good looking most of the day, then oily again mid-afternoon. I don't have the time to cleanse & re-apply make-up, so what goes on in the morning is what I got all day, period. My skin is also acne prone, so I have to watch what I use. I decided to try this pressed powder in hopes of it keeping my skin matte longer than what I had been using at the time. The packaging is incredibly poor; the pan is super shallow with nothing protecting it and the lid is a flimsy joke. The product itself was kind of gross - it was really "grainy"! I hate powders that aren't silky smooth, and this felt like I had milled it with two rocks and my own hands. It definitely left my skin matte, way too matte. Probably because of the poor quality milling, it laid on my skin like a gritty, heavy mask. I tried it a few times with a few different brushes and then tossed it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by theeviemeister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The really annoying thing about all of the rimmel pressed powders I have ever bought.. it broke apart after about two weeks! the powder cracked and went everywhere because of the dodgy packaging! the product itself doesnt last for very long, but it does give a good matte effect if applied properly, a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by habana

I like this setting powder. As long as I don't apply too much, it gives me a great matte finish without being cakey. I'd been staying away from setting powders for a while because they all made my face look dry and powdery. During the summer, I noticed I needed something to help my foundation stay and my face not look so shiny. I kept reading people saying they love this powder and it was fairly cheap so I gave it a try and am so glad I did.

Like many others, I really dislike the packaging. The lid doesn't stay on, it doesn't come with anything to apply it with and there's no mirror. Seriously, pressed powder is something alot of women carry on them to touch up their faces throughout the day. Can't do that with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be one of the negative reviews here, since this power seems pretty well-loved by others here. I really hoped this would work for me, as I'd love to pay as little money as possible for the best possible product, you know? I have a very oily t zone and dry checks, with pretty normal skin elsewhere. I use Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and tried this as a setting powder over it, and immediately it made my face feel itchy and like it was being stretched, it was an odd feeling. I don't know if maybe my chemistry just doesn't like it, I didn't break out or get a rash or anything like that, it just felt so weird on and the itchiness was annoying. It made me feel like I was wearing a mask. It looked pretty good on, but it didn't control my oily t zone for more than a few hours and got a tiny bit cakey there. It didn't oxidize though, which is nice. Also, not impressed with the packaging, I feel it needs a more secure lid.

I took it back the next day and tried Estée Lauder's matte pressed powder, which so far I love. This may work for a lot of people, it just didn't agree with my skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I do really like this powder! I think it is a drugstore dupe for MAC MSFN! It comes in a packaging that I do not appreciated. But the quality of the product is really really good! Smooth, light and flawless on your skin. But sometimes it would feel powdery on my skin, depends on my face condition. But I still think it is a great powder and I will definitely purchase this again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Its very light and super cheap! This is good for 'lazy days'! But wish the packaging would not be so fragile though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by anbaking123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay and I'll use it until it finishes, but it does not keep my skin matte that long. After about 3 or so hours, I can see oil starting to break through around my t zone. It does work well until that though, so it does get some points for that. It was not too expensive either. The packaging is ok, but the lid could come off easily sometimes. Overall, its a good powder for someone who is not that oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Summerjess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder is nice, it gives light coverage, and a matte look. Looks really good when you apply it, but it usually doesnt last very long before I have to touch up. It does slightly cake up when I do touch up. I think its better at setting makeup than blotting oil during the day. But its a decent inexpensive powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by alizogub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

this is one of my favourite powders, i can apply it with a sponge, puff or brush and get a great result. i use it mostly to set my makeup, though i also use it to add a little colour to my face. i also find this powder good to wear just by itself for a light coverage, it doesn't cover much but gives my face some colour on those days when i don't want to put a whole layer of foundation.

I have bought around 5 or so of these powders and haven't gotten sick of them, nor have i found a better one. there also not that expensive in which i love with them being around $10 when its on special, they are light, so if you're looking for a harsh, full coverage powder this probably isnt for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MrsBorrero

This is a wonderful product. I decided to purchase this product per recommendations on YouTube and the rave reviews it got. Let me tell you it's worth the hype! This powder sets foundation beautifully. It does exactly what the title says, it keeps your face matte and fresh looking all day. I like that it's so light weight on the skin because of how finely milled it is. So it never makes your face look cakey. I own mine in translucent as I don't want any extra coverage, even though it does have a slight color to it but it's barely noticable once it sets in the skin. It does however come in a variety of shades if you're looking for that. I also get oily in my t-zone so that's were I focus the product. It has a nice scent to it which is nice. Also the price is amazing for the quality you get from this product. I would pay double, even triple what it cost. It varies from store to store where I live but ive never seen the price go past $5.00 at my local drugstore.
The only cons I will mention is the packaging and how delicate it can be. The top doesn't screw on all the way so it's very easy for it to come off, which can be a hassle for traveling. I wish it snapped shut or at least screwed on all the way.
Also DO NOT drop this thing! It will shatter because the packaging is just not that durable.
Otherwise I would buy this again and again. It's my go to setting powder and it hasn't let me down yet!