April 24, 2014 | 1897 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by emcs

Love this stuff. Gets rid of all my eye make up like no other remover does. Doesn't sting at all, feels so gentle on eyes. I also use this all over my face, gets rid of all traces of make up. I use this on a little cotton pad to get rid of make up and fold it over my lashes to get rid of mascara, then use a cotton bud dipped in this stuff to get rid of eyeliner, works a treat and lasts ages so is worth what it costs. I think i'l repurchase for a good while, if not forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG. Removes well, rinses clean, isn't drying. Might cause stinging if eye makeup dissolves in the liquid and runs into eyes. Using a small amount on a cotton ball to remove the heaviest eye makeup first before removing the rest mostly prevents this problem. Will repurchase. UPDATE: This product seems to have been reformulated since the early 2000's when I first started using it, and I don't like the product I purchased in 2013 quite as much. I changed my rating accordingly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2005 6:45:00 AM More reviews by sushi82

Gentle? My eye (no pun intended)! It removes the makeup, but it's the equivalent of getting nail polish (or sulphuric acid?) in your eye. Yeoww!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by bigemom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product during TBS lunch lounge special one day. It comes in a plastic bottle that has a flip top lid. The product is watery so I use it with a cotton pad. It removes most eyeshadows and concealers with ease. The problems that I have run into is that it does sting my eyes. I have sensitive eyes and this does bother them and causes eye pain sometimes. The other problem is that it does not always remove all of my eye makeup. If I am wearing MAC fluidliners and certain mascaras, it does not do a good job of removing them. I have bought an oilier remover for those products. It does remove almost all of my lipsticks without much effort. This product is below average and I will not purchase again, on to something new.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by funkybabe

This eye makeup remover is OK I guess. I haven't tried many yet, but I don't think this is the best around. My lids feel a little tight after using it, and I have to immediately put on eye cream otherwise my lids feel too uncomfortable. However, it is very effective in removing all traces of eyeliner and mascara though. The package is not bad too. I wish it is not as drying though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2005 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Zaichik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It doesn't remove the mascara that of well but what is awful: it burns like crazy. Eye makeup remover should not make you cry... I bought it after the comments of Paula Begoun in her book. Not only I won't buy it again, I'm gonna throw away the whole bottle as soon as I buy smth else. Just not a good staff. Keep away from it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by monvai

Stung my eye when trying to remove eyeliner from underlids. Was NOT able to remove eyeliner quickly. Black line became gray line, then light gray line, THEN it disappeared. Surprising, cause it erased a dark eyeliner line on the back of my hand pretty effectively before I bought it. Will not repurchase.

Update: Hmm, removes eyeshadow and eyebrow colour pretty decently. Will add lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 4:22:00 PM More reviews by DancingFiggy

Personally, I like this much better than the (very) few other make-up removers that I've tried. I especially like the fact that it's not greasy. I have never had a problem with it stinging, and I wear contacts. I always wash my face after removing make-up, so I don't really care if there is a film left, those I rarely notice, compared to the dual phase removers I've tried before. It's really easy to use with the packaging. Definitely going to be my product from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2005 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Chickey

I used to use Clinique Eye Makeup Remover, but it was killing my thin eyelids -- remember, your eyelids have the thinnest skin on your whole body, so be careful! I was in TBS buying something random and noticed the Chamomile remover and was intrigued so I picked it up. After using it to remove mascara, shadow and liner after a night out (I use quilted cotton squares, but am thinking about switching to rounds), my eyelids felt fine. More use of it, and my eyelids weren't burning or dry afterwards. The chamomile is key to this, I think! I like the packaging of this product, and I wish more products (cleansers especially!) were in bottles with flip-top caps. This remover has no scent and lasts a long time because you don't need a ton of it to take off eye makeup. I also sweep it over my face before cleansing as a general remover, to loosen stuff up. Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2005 1:08:00 AM More reviews by SB80

I'm on my second bottle. This product works very well at removing any kind of makeup from my very sensitive eyes. Will buy again.