April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Rachichi28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My eyelids tend to get extremely oily not only overnight but during the day. With that being said this product solves all of that. When I apply it to my eyelid I immediately notice that all of the oil disappears and it even, evens out my skin tone on my eyelid.
This eyeshadow primer is the best primer I've ever used and Ive used a few different ones. Nothing compares to the long-lasting results that this Urban Decay Primer Potion gives me. I come home after a day of work and school and my eyeshadow still looks amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by mikih87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate the old wand container, but the new tube container is fantastic! With the old wand style there was a lot of product the wand couldn't reach and you would have to break it open in order to get the rest.

Anyway, this is my favorite eyeshadow primer! I have oily skin and have tried numerous other high end primers. Urban Decay has had the best color stay and crease free wear for me. (I will have to post a picture one of these days)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

What can I say? This is definitely an awesome product and great!! I like how it comes with a wand so I dab onto my lid and spread with my fingers. Every make up line now is coming out with an eye primer, even drugstore brands and some can be just as good. NYX and ELF make great primers. I only said I wouldn't buy this again because I like to go the cheaper route for an exact result. Overall, this is an awesome primer and your shadows will stay put the entire day or night without smudging or smearing. A+++

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by loveiswatching

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the bomb. I actually have a couple bottles of it in my purse right now (one full size, and one sample size that came with the Naked palette). I love the stuff. You know those nights where you come home from a night out and just hit the pillow and fall asleep? When I use this stuff and that happens, I look in the mirror first thing after waking up and all of my makeup is trashed... except my eyeshadow... it's honestly just the way it was when I first put it on. This stuff is amazing!! My eyelids (along with the rest of my face, any time of year) get super oily so I have definite issues with creasing eyeshadow... but this stuff keeps it crease-free and in place. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by terrifictina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye shadow primer is amazing, you only need a tiny amount and makes your shadow more vibrant and stays on the whole day!! I bought the travel-size to give it a shot and I am most definitely going to buy the value-size when finished!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kamiibbb

It's a good primer. I like it and it definitely does the job it's intended to do. I find that when I use this with my eyeshadows, they do come on more vibrant and stay on longer. I only use this when I remember to use it as I'm very forgetful so sometimes this just lays sitting around in my makeup collection. So sad...sigh* but it's definitely good when I do remember to use it. I might repurchase but I might not since I don't really remeber to use it since I don't wear makeup for long periods of time, my makeup style is very subtle, and most of my eye makeup stuff are very long lasting by itself. I mainly use this for vibrancy when shadows don't show up as much as I would want it to.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by winter021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this at sephora, recommended by the staff there. Did not suit my skin tone at all, I have asian skin and it humid most of the year round. The texture is smooth but felt greasy after application which left my eye shadow splotchy after awhile. A waste of money, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DamenesGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The primer potion goes on easily and makes my eye shadow stay put!

Colours also look brighter when I wear this underneath, I don't have anything bad to say about this product really.

Does exactly what it says on the tin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by bamagirl417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for free with my Naked palette, and I was happy to find out that the positive reviews were true! No creasing or smudging of my eyeshadow. I already had a tube of Smashbox's eye primer which I also like, so it's going to be a difficult choice between them when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by invisiblemonstar

I was so torn about this product. I convinced myself for a long time that it was the GREATEST EVER, but, after using other brands, I realized that- at least for me- it really falls short.

First off, my eyelids aren't super greasy. They are a little, but not so much so that it is a pressing concern. However, they're not dry or "mature" by any means. However, this primer made my eyelids super crepey! I didn't understand it at all. One minute they're fine and normal looking, and the next- I've aged ten years! On top of that, I experienced how challenging it is to perfect an eye look when working with crepey eyes. Seriously- it's way more of a struggle than it should be.

Now, you may be wondering how I didn't realize this was an issue as soon as it happened. Well, I honestly have no idea. I think I was just sold too deep into the hype to realize that this did absolute crap for me. Rather than admit that this had struck out for me, I just didn't wear eyeshadow, I was over trying to deal with making my eyeshadow look a little less horrible, and eventually I actually convinced myself that my eyelids just magically got crepey whenever I put ANY eye products on them.

And to top that all off, most (if not all) eyeshadows were incredibly hard to blend when I wore this primer underneath. I assumed the eyeshadows were all poor quality, but I reused many of them with a new primer and- lo and behold!- many of them blended like a dream. Some of them were just poor quality, but I was shocked to discover how many off them were actually pretty great. I was just so relieved that I hadn't thrown them away after I thought they didn't work! That would have just been a colossal waste of money.

I know that this primer does work for many people- but it really wasn't for me. I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone. If you're considering this- PLEASE shop around and get samples of different products before deciding!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No