Bare Escentuals Well Rested

3.9

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 10/10/2005 3:40:00 AM

I really really like this product. I use it on my eyelids as shadow or base, but it is amazing under my eyes. I have spent a fortune on concealer to cover my dark inner eye circles and found products that either didn't work at all or worked somewhat but caked into the lines under my eyes. This product helps to both conceal the circles and brighten my undereye area. At first with the eye brush I was using it was too thick, a bit chalky, and didn't look very good under my eyes, but then I invested in the MAC 224 blender brush and a it made all the difference. A really small amount is all that is needed. The only negative thing I can say about this product is that the packaging is terrible in the one I have. There is no sifter and I am always afraid that I am going to spill it everywhere with one wrong move. If and when I run out, I will definitely repurchase without question. Update to say that this still works nicely on its own, but is wonderful if used lightly over Armani high precision retouch concealer, a wonderful concealer I finally found that covers thinly but well and is a match made in heaven with the well-rested.

on 9/25/2005 2:14:00 PM

Ok, in general I don't have many BE products, as I am a 'Merle Norman Girl', but I saw Leslie demonstrating this product during QVC's 'Day of Beauty' last weekend, so I decided to give it a try (I was lucky enough to find it at a salon where I live, so I didn't have to pay for S&H). Anyway, I REALLY like this product!! It is no match for my seemingly 'eternal' dark circles (I swear, the older I get, the worse they get-LoL)!! I took the advice of Gwennw (below) & used this as an eyelash thickener before applying mascara...it works!!! I also like to use this as a concealer, but a light hand must be used, or you'll end up looking jaundiced!!!

on 9/10/2005 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great everyday product. After moisturizing my eyes, and letting it dry for a minute or so, I sweep Well-Rested all aound the eye area. It is a wonderful eye shadow base, eye brightener, light concealer, or neutral eyeshadow to wear on its own. It is also great to sweep on bare eyelashes to help thicken up your lashes under mascara. It it a very pale patel/lemon yellow, but barely shows up on the skin as anything but brightness. It is also important to have a nice soft, good quality large eyeshadow brush to apply this with and make sure to gently blend.

on 6/24/2005 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Now available in a big size! Great as a highlighter and concealer! The ultimate multi tasker!

on 5/30/2005 8:07:00 PM

This is a good, not great product. I do feel it delivers on its promise to help you look less tired. I often use it in the morning before work. However, like all BE products, the packaging is a little messy unless you are careful.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I doubt I will ever run out of this. I am impressed by its ability to lighten the dark cirlces without settling into fine lines. I can even use it after applying my MAC Studio Stick Concealor. I also swipe it on the eyelid before adding a color shadow. TONS of product for the money considering you only need a teeny bit. This is a keeper! I wish the rest of the BE line worked as well for me! UPDATE - 8/10/05: This is HANDS DOWN the best product purchase of the year for me. I am still loving it!

on 3/7/2005 1:48:00 PM

Wow. I finally get what all the hype is surrounding this shadow. I use it from lash line to brow bone every day as a shadow base. I also take it into the corners of my eyes and down into my undereye circles. There is no shimmer to it, but for some reason it just seems to create a glow. Now that I have it, I don't know how I ever lived without it!

on 2/8/2005 1:53:00 PM

I got this color as a sample size and I wish I had a giant tub of it! Of course, it is out of stock now so I can't even get it -ha ha!

I find this color to be great for concealing on the undereye and the eyelid, as an eyeshadow base, and to cover red-toned blemishes or capillaries. It is a light yellow which I guess creates its magical properties as a concealer. I am pale and cool toned, and this works great on me. Use a light hand with this one, chicas!

on 1/14/2005 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I *love* this. I have been searching for something to replace my beloved Orlane Hydrolane eyeshadow base (discontinued, natch) to give my lids a clear, light, "awake" look. Benefit FYEye didn't do it, MAC Bare Canvas and Untitled came closest. This makes my lids look smooth and less blotchy, and helps other shadows go on truer. It also, incidentally makes a killer concealer for those who find Bisque too pink-toned. If BE ever comes out with a foundation lighter and more neutral-yellow than #1, they should look to Well Rested as the perfect starting point.

on 10/7/2004 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

It works! It works! I received a sample of this from a great swapper hoping that it would help in my battle against my dark circles. Following other MUAers advice, I applied it very lightly (no powder visible on the brush) from lid to brow, then on the undereye area over my concealer (Lancome Photogenic). Wow! I really did look well rested! This powder produces some alchemy that really brightens the eye area without being obvious (I'm 45 and was truly shocked to find that it didn't emphasize my fine lines). Although this sounded like a BeneFit-type product that would be a disappointment, I'm delighted with it.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products