September 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 10:55:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

It works! It works! I received a sample of this from a great swapper hoping that it would help in my battle against my dark circles. Following other MUAers advice, I applied it very lightly (no powder visible on the brush) from lid to brow, then on the undereye area over my concealer (Lancome Photogenic). Wow! I really did look well rested! This powder produces some alchemy that really brightens the eye area without being obvious (I'm 45 and was truly shocked to find that it didn't emphasize my fine lines). Although this sounded like a BeneFit-type product that would be a disappointment, I'm delighted with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2004 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I don't think a person can ever have too many staple nude colours in her eye shadow wardrobe so although this is 'similar' to others I have from MAC, Stila and Bobbi it is not 'the same'. I appreciate subtle nuances of colour and texture and I love this one alot. I wear it with Pebble or Good Fortune in the crease and a lick of mascara. I look polished but not overdone.

Worn alone is fine too for a 'no makeup, but I have healthy even toned eyelids' look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 9:04:00 PM More reviews by subdriverswife

Despite its "normalcy" I'm finding myself drawn to this shade. It makes a great wash to "perk up" tired eyes. I've not tried it under my eyes yet as I have a pretty set undereye regime to keep things looking somewhat normal! LOL I'm sure there are similar, less pricey shades but I got this in the wish kit (which I'm thrilled with btw) so I'm pleased.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2004 11:13:00 AM More reviews by JCS772

I continue to be surprised by all the good reviews here about this stuff. Someone gave me the Wish Kit. Thank goodness or I'd be hoppin' mad that I spent what they want for it. The colors are the same I would've chosen for myself, so I don't think that's the problem. As a new mother, I very much hoped Well Rested would do what they say it does. NO! If possible, I look more tired. Actually, I look like a corpse. My eyes appear more recessed and fine lines are more pronounced. What the ...? Yuckity yuck yuck yuck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cahoulie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure about this. Does cover dark undereye circles but also has a greyish cast on me.Prefer Cory Cosmetics conceler

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 6:16:00 PM More reviews by mzgrvr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a great nuetral color from BE...not that BE doesn't make a slew of colors that closely resemble this shade...because the do...Bisque,Vanilla Sugar,Soul and I am sure a few that I can't think of right now. Besides that...Well Rested is my favorite color from the recent Wish Kit that QVC offered as a TSV in June. It is a great off white that works wonders as a base color before shadows OR can be a great wash for a day when all you really want is just a little bit of color to even out your eye area. Very nuetral and can be applied TOO heavily and become chalky, but with a light hand a great color, that I am glad was included in a kit, so I didn't have to pay $14 for one shade.I am a nuetral toned PPP w/brown hair and eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Suzy_h

This is quickly becoming my HG base eyeshadow color (I usually use Stila Dune). This is very similar in color to Dune in that it is a yellow based beige. When I first saw it I was not impressed...it looked just like a loose face powder in terms of color and consistency. I gave it a chance as a base and it brightened up my whole eye. Have to be careful, it is so concentrated that it is quick to turn chalky. A little goes a long way. As a bonus, you can apply this *very lightly* under your eyes and voila, no circles! The trick to application is to make sure you do not see loose particles on the end of your brush. Easy does it. I am a cool toned fair brunette. Loveeee this. So impressed with BE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! Since I started using this e/s people starting noticing that I look "different" and "less tired." It definitely lives up to it's name. When I first got this, it looked just like yellow-toned eyeshadow but after I put it on my eyes looked alive. Definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2004 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use a mixture of 2.3 & 4.53 to get my complicated skintone. When I tested this on my lids, it looked way too chalky. It did, however, make my eyes appear bigger but I can get the same effect by using Almay's lasting concealer in medium. Obviously not a fan of this=) but the quality is really good. Great coverage and I know this will be a great concealer for someone out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Cheeekie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another wonderful shade from the BE Wish Kit. Now I use this with bisque on my blue undereye circles--seems to conceal them as much as possible. Works as a great wash on eyelids, too--really does provide a canvas for any color you want to apply.