Ponds Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

3.9

Water.hexlene glycol,anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate),camellia sinensis(white tea) leaf extract, cyclopia intermedia (honeybush) leaf extract,polysorbate 20, sodium lauroamphoacatate, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, benzyl alcohol, xylityglucoside, anhydroxlitol,xylitol,fragrance,citric acid,butylene glycol,dmdm,hydantoin,iodopropynyl butylcarbamate.

I bought these for the convenience and because I am a longtime fan of Pond's cold cream but these clothes left an uncomfortable film on my face and left my forehead looking shiny so I felt the need to rinse my face with water after using these. They remove eye makeup well and are good for occassional use during traveling but I would not recommend for everyday use.

on 4/27/2004 4:23:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of these, but there's nothing really wrong with them. It left my cheeks feeling nice, not tight or oily. My t-zone was left rather oily. It doesn't exfoliate as much as I'd like (it does say "gentle" though.) I like the Aveeno exfoliating pads more so than these.

on 1/31/2004 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used these for the past year with good results- smooth soft skin, though I always have to use toner after these b/c they don't completely remove all my makeup. However, the last pack of these that I bought has the most nauseating smell to them. They used to smell clean & fresh, like a cleanser should, but these new ones smell like burnt butter or rotten sugar. Gross. I can't even finish the pack on my face, maybe I'll use them for hand wipes or something. I bet I just got a bad batch or something, but yuck. I won't be repurchasing, I'm switching to Olay's version.

on 1/31/2004 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I buy and use these only for trips. I keep a stash at my parents' house and have extras on hand to throw in my toiletries kit for when I need to go somewhere, even for the weekend. That way, I don't need to bring all my bottles, etc, since I generally use Proactiv. It's just too many bottles to bring on a trip. I think I was initially drawn to these after seeing them reviewed in Allure or something, and they said it didn't leave your face sticky. I agree, they don't do that, and I always wear waterproof eye makeup, and I find for the most part, they do a good job at removing all of my makeup. On my trips, I usually don't bother with bringing my Proactiv toner, though it might help "clean" up after using the cloth. They're expensive for what they are, but I do continue to buy them as a convenient way to make packing and going on trips a lot easier. If I'm pressed for space, I just throw these and my moisturizer in my bag, and I'm ready (aside from packing all my makeup!!) I would not recommend using these as your daily facial cleaner, because I can't imagine that it would do a great job removing dirt that a facial scrub/wash could do.

on 1/2/2004 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was very pleased with this product at first because it is much more convenient than the dove cleansing cloths. I am lazy when it comes to removing makeup so it was nice to just pull out a cloth and wipe off the makeup without needing to add water and lather. The scent is pretty nice too. I usually cut them in half so they last longer. The bad thing is, I think they dried my skin out and it did not fully remove all my make up (even after using a few half sheets). I realized this when I bought some toner recently and wiped my face with a cotten ball soaked with toner and found traces of make up left over. Thinking that it might just be me, I told my mom to wipe her face with some toner after using the ponds cloths and she also had traces of make up leftover. Too bad because I really liked these. I give two lippies for being convenient and having a nice scent.

I got these because they were pre-moistened, and I needed a cleansing cloth I could use after school to wash my face with and remove my makeup. These are really good for removing makeup. I have a clear mascara that's supposed to have glitter in it, and you can't notice it much on my lashes, but when I look at the cloth after removing it and there's so much glitter on it! You can also use it for lips, to remove the remnants of your lip color. But you have to rinse your face afterwards, because it leaves a soapy residue that does not feel clean.

on 6/5/2003 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved the idea of this product-quick way to take of my makeup, however these really broke me out. I started with one small zit and after using these for 3 days I had 10 zits.

on 5/24/2003 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am incredibly lazy and horrible about removing my makeup at night...I keep these right by my bed and they remove every trace of the day including mascara. I do need to moisturize after use but hey I keep the night cream by the bed also, no big deal.

on 3/25/2003 4:49:00 PM

I am horribly lazy when it comes to a skin care routine, so I love these cloths. I have absolutely no issues with breakouts and they remove all my makeup and leave my skin feeling refreshed - not tight or dry at all. It took a little white to get used to them though - I switched from the Olay cloths to these and at first I hated them. I felt like I still needed to wash my face, but once I got accustomed to using them - they're great!

on 3/19/2003 3:19:00 PM

This is a great product! It takes even waterproof make-up off and it leaves my skin soft. It's very convenient and smells nice. Just buy the refill packs and don't waste your money on the "vanity display case" (aka a plastic box); the re-fill packs seal so the cloths don't dry out.