Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 5/23/2007 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was excited about trying this product because it was the new translucent. I do have golden undertones in my skin, but this still left somewhat of a yellow cast on my face. I have tried to like Clinique's products but they just don't work for me. :-(

on 5/20/2007 7:45:00 PM

Looks natural when applied with a brush but with the sponge it tends to get a little too thick and powdery. Eliminates shine well and its great that its oil free. I am hesitant whether I would buy this again, because it tends to looks to cakey at times.

UPDATE: I have tried MAC's blot powder and prefer that much more. It is a lot less cakey and looks more natural.

on 5/11/2007 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I liked this powder a lot. As the name implies it left my face looking matte, but not washed out. Stay Neutral was a good match for my skin tone. Occasionally, it looked a bit too "powdery," but that might have just been because I applied too much. Overall, I probably won't purchase again because I am trying to use more natural cosmetics.

on 5/6/2007 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recently purchased this in 17 STAY GOLDEN and I like everything about it. I am extremely oily, nothing has ever been able to keep me shine free, for any decent amount of time (I use shiseido blotting papers) and this powder unfortunately is no exception but please keep in mind I am VERY oily. Depending on your skin type you may have better results. As far as the packaging I would like it to have a separate compart for the sponge applicator but I just leave the little round plastic disc in the compact so it is not sitting on top of the powder. For me these are the reasons I will keep repurchasing, its sheer, it feels great on, not cakey and evens out my skintone and I love the color match which is very unusual for me. I am so over the cakey, heavy powder foundations, I am very happy with my purchase! :)

on 5/6/2007 5:21:00 PM

Another Clinique winner. I just recently switched to this from the double powder, and this offers a nice finish (not chalky or too dry) but also controls my oil very very well. I always end up looking like an oil slick by 3 pm but with this powder I just touch up if I need to and keep moving. The color selection is perfect as well.

EDIT**This compact broke pretty soon after I bought it, which normally does not happen w/ Clinique! I use it as a blotting powder now, and still love the oil control but find that I need more coverage on some days than this can offer.

LOVE it! I have been using this powder for 16 years!!!!!! HG for me! I can see how if you have very very oily skin, this may not work as well for you. I have normal skin and this leaves my face flawless and even a bit dewy looking although it is a "matte" powder. Pores are invisible with this stuff...amazing powder.

on 4/5/2007 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my HG powder. I have used it on and off for 10 years, but always come back to it after having some horrible experience with another brand. It's very natural, smooth and doesn't break me out and I am VERY prone to break outs. I don't like a lot of coverage, I suffer from mild acne and have some red marks on my face, but I still don't like anything heavy or mask-like, because I prefer just an evened out, natural look. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer or light foundation underneath this powder and the powder sets everything and keeps me matte. I do have an oily t-zone and in warmer months I might need to blot, but that's rare, I usually just look "dewy."

on 4/4/2007 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am obssesed with pressed powder !!! I have ridiculously oily skin soo obviously pressed powder is a must ! I have tried every single powder, loose powder and poweder foundation there is, and theres always some drawback, setttles in line, doesnt control oil, turns too dark or whatever. Soo far this is the best powder i've used it doesnt settle into lines, last ALL day, controls oil and has the cutest compact. My skin looks nice and even and smooth love it !!! I tried this before they released their new shades (I used the stay brandy) and I didnt like it because of the bad color matches. But I picked this up in stay nutmeg and I love it !!! My makeup doesnt look heavy or gross even after my 8.5 hour work day. This is going to be the only powder I will use unless something better comes along which I doubt will.

on 3/30/2007 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have worn this product in Stay Buff for ten years, and it is my HG powder. It is a bit expensive for my preference, but I have not been able to find a drugstore product to compare with this one. I usually wait until GWP time to buy a replacement. The color perfectly matches my skin, and it works well to set concealer and tone down any oiliness. For reference, I have pale cool-toned combination skin.

on 3/29/2007 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this product looking for a powder that would provide the lightest amount of color but absorb the oil on my face. Most powders are way to heavy for my already oily face. I love this stuff. I use 10 Stay Amber and it gives me even color, feels very light on the face, absorbs the oil for hours and does not change colors. One of the best pressed powders I've tried in years. I also use this to set my concealer and my face is perfect!