August 21, 2014 | 1314 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by daphne_76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have worn this product in Stay Buff for ten years, and it is my HG powder. It is a bit expensive for my preference, but I have not been able to find a drugstore product to compare with this one. I usually wait until GWP time to buy a replacement. The color perfectly matches my skin, and it works well to set concealer and tone down any oiliness. For reference, I have pale cool-toned combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product looking for a powder that would provide the lightest amount of color but absorb the oil on my face. Most powders are way to heavy for my already oily face. I love this stuff. I use 10 Stay Amber and it gives me even color, feels very light on the face, absorbs the oil for hours and does not change colors. One of the best pressed powders I've tried in years. I also use this to set my concealer and my face is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

Love this no frills powder. Nice shades, has a little bit of coverage, which is nice over my TM. Really makes my skin appear baby smooth (it is smooth, but even smoother with this one). In fact, the effect is so dramatic that the women at work gossip about how smooth my skin is and ask me what products I use. It's the Clinique Almost Make-up and this powder that create that effect. Doesn't irritate my rosacea. Does a decent job of keeping my skin matte. I usually have to blot and touch up the t-zone during the summer, but that's to be expected with most products =). I always buy this..is my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by canterburytale

I like this product enough to buy it again. The color options are nice and I found one that matches me really well. I'm NC35-NC40 and I use stay golden in this. It keeps the shine at bay fairly well (I don't usually touch up during the day with powder) and it has never turned orange on me. I use this to set my concealer and all over my face. This one is on the less expensive side for a department store powder and works just as well if not better than others. I'll keep using this until I find a pressed powder that wows my socks off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lpowers

I have oily in t-zones and fair skin. Color 02 Stay Neutral turned darker as time went on and does not control oil adequately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin, and powder has a tendancy to "move around" my face during the day and settle looking muddy and cakey by 3pm. I don't have this problem with Clinique's "stay matte" powder. I'm extremely happy with this product - it keeps me shine-free for a few hours, great color match (02 Stay Neutral), doesn't look at all fake and evens out my skintone very well. I normally wear this over a bare face, but it works well for me over foundation as well. One of my favorite things about this product is that it holds up well against the elements. This being the snowy/rainy season, this powder doesn't just "blow away" or "drip away" - it stays on my face when I need it to. 5 lippies and a repurchase for Clinique.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I own this in Stay Beige. I would like to say that when it first goes on, it looks great on my face. The color match looks perfect upon initial application. It provides sheer-to-light coverage. It doesn't look masky or heavy like some powders do on the face. And, I do find that it keeps my face matte looking for 5+ hours. However, after a while, the powder does start to oxidize on my face. Throughout the day, the longer that I wear it, the more browner/tanner my complexion starts to look. That's the only real con that I have about this powder.

If I ever do end up buying this again, it would definitely be in the Translucent shade only. Otherwise, this product is not one that I consider a must-have in my makeup regime.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This didn't work for me. When I first tried this, I had very, very oily skin - now, a couple of years later, I'm still oily, but more combination than anything else. It still doesn't work. Back then it ended up just sliding all over the place, and now, it's flaky. MAC Blot Powder is really the only touch-up powder that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2006 4:38:00 AM More reviews by talatala

I've used this powder for years, and I won't use anything else. I've tried loads of other products, but this one is the best. I have very sensitive skin, and this works well. It never looks 'chalky' like so many powders, and it doesn't just sit on top of the skin. And the sponge applicator is great.
To reviewers who thought it needed to be re-applied too often because of shine: Try just blotting the shine with a tissue; you shouldn't need to apply more.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

Gives pretty good coverage, but not the best staying power; you have to apply it several times during the day. Doesn't look chalky or fake, so still an overall good powder.