September 3, 2014 | 1046 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 3:33:00 AM More reviews by colnago

This is my HG blush!

The shade is lovely on my PPP skin, it's a creamy pink color, not too overpowering for everyday use. I tried this after using Stila convertible color for awhile, and I will never go back. This applies very smoothly and blends well. If you prefer powder blush, you may not like applying it, but I find it much easier to blend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love NARS cosmetics in general - great colors and textures that agree with my skin/complexion. "Penny Lane" is a light, dusty pink shade. It looks really pale in the compact and I thought it wouldn't show up much on my medium-toned skin. Surprisingly, this is one of the few pink blushes that work well for me. It's very sheer once blended, and gives my cheeks a soft rosy appearance. However, I won't repurchase because the lasting power of this is nil, and I notice I get small breakouts if I use it on consecutive days. No happy ending for this blush :( Oh well....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 12:32:00 AM More reviews by grenadine_00

The texture of Nars' creme blush is unbeatable, as is the wear. A warm muted pink, this is subtle enough for daytime. No detectable shimmer. I still prefer CD's Pink so sweet because though it's cool, the pink is brighter on my yellow-based NC20 skin. But this pale brown-based blush fares better with warm colors. A good option in the armamentarium.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2004 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Stilajolie

I put off buying this because it looked so light I thught it would just blend into my skin, NC30 with yellow undertones. I actually ended up swapping for this and to my surprise it is the most beautiful blush I own. It is a sopft natural peachy pink. Just perfect for me. Last all day even in mid august, the hottest month in Miami. I use this more than any other blush in my collection, and it's a very big collection.. I know for sure I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous blush for my sallow, MAC C3, Stila C skin. Applied lightly, it's neutral; a little more and it gives a lovely, subtle flush. The texture is wonderful--so easy to blend--and it lasts all day on me. I find myself reaching for this all the time. Also, it's great for the over-40s among us--it gives a natural, youthful look without being too dewy or greasy-looking. I'm always pleased to see that Nars adds classic colors (and keeps them) to his collection in addition to the edgier stuff--the products are of such great quality, and there really is something for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Spamee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ah, im holding the beautiful blush right now. my first nars purchase.........and well worth the money. LOVE the packaging. built in mirror and rubber outside makes it seem quite indestructible. as for the actual product-its wonderful. the texture is creamy, soft, and completely blendable. its a medium, "dirty" (brownish but just makes the blush rosier) pink. perfect for my ppp skin. it leaves a sheen on my cheeks, not heavy shimmer at all, just the glowy look i thought was out of my grasp. perfect for everyday and looks nice on top of powder blushes as extra shine (but not oily shine) easy to apply, a good creme blush for days when you over sleep. its not a hassle and the color is sheer enough to be used on the fly. a great all around product. con: makes me want more nars products!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2004 10:34:00 AM More reviews by pussycat74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This pale pink cream blush is totally the wrong colour on me (light olive skin, brown eyes). Not sure why i let the Nars assistant talk me into buying it - are they paid to promote the new season's colours? when i got home i realised it made me look as though I'd been washed up - it has a lot of bluish tones in it. i gave it to a blonde, blue-eyed friend, who loves it and says the creamy texture is great for her more mature skin. Definitely one for cool ladies.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A light-medium neutral pink. There is no shimmer in this blush, but it seems to have a slight sheen. The texture is very creamy smooth and blendable. It lasts a long time, but I've never had a problem with NARS powder blushes, which I love, lasting. A very nice basic blush, but not worth the ($34 CAN) price. I would buy NARS creme blush again, but not this one, it's just not special enough IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 6:24:00 PM More reviews by GlindaGoodWitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok. I gotta tell you. When I was putting with this on my hand, all I could think of was my big Barbie head I played with when I was 7. You know, the blue eyeshadow and the pink pink blush... Well. I couldn't have been more wrong. Lovely lovely natural glow especially with a sweep of Casino bronzer over it. Keep in mind I'm one of those girls so pale I'm almost Casper... Really enjoying this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Took a deep breath, ordered this through Sephora online and am glad I did. My skin hates NARS powder blushes but I hoped the lack of talc in this one would make a difference. So far so good. This colour is a beautiful and versatile peached rose shade, perfect on my PPP skin, gives a natural flush that is nice on a strawberry blonde like me. Like others have reviewed, you need to pat this on, but the texture in the pan is hard enough that you don't worry about putting a finger dip in it or overapplying. Very blendable, even over top of my liquid-to-powder finish fave foundation. This blush dries nicely to a powder finish and seems to last. I'm going to wear it for a week and see how my skin tolerates it, and will update this if any change. If I continue to like it, I may buy more colours!