December 22, 2014 | 972 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in a swap and now use it regularly. I apply it to my nose after my prescription acne medication, and at times it does sting, but along with other products that I use regularly (Neutrogena blackhead eliminating masque, Neutrogena acne mark fading peel, QHMJM), it really helps with my blackheads--I ran out of this for a while, and wasn't seeing the results as when I was using it. My blackheads will kind of come to the surface of the pore and turn red/brown in color; within a few days, they're gone. If you have dry/sensitive skin, I'd try a sample first before investing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I have been struggling with finding a good skincare regimen. I bought the soapless cleanser & this lotion together. After just 2 days I got small tiny red bumps all over my cheeks & forehead. With all the products I have used & believe me Ií»ve tried a lot I never got this kind of horrible reaction!!!
Its supposed to be for sensitive acne prone skin but the smell is really over powering. Also, caní»t use this in the day time coz it flakes when you put on makeup.
Still like the cleanser but I will be returning this. Now I just hope the reaction goes away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A MUST HAVE !! I'd been using this product and also Cleanance Soapless Gel cleanser which is green in color for 2 weeks . I think this is a trully AMAZING product. I have super oily , sensitive and acne prone skin. This helps to clears up blackhead on my nose , prevent breakouts and fade stuborn acne scars. I use it every evening to unclogs my pores from foundations , heat and grimes which accumulated during the day.I have a glowing skin healthy skin now with or without make up. The best BHA AHA treatment for my skin.Better thatn EL Idealist or Clinique Total Turnaround.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2005 12:32:00 PM More reviews by mandy409

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Cleanance K for 2 weeks now. It does help my skin to be more smooth. All the blemishes and pimples are under-control. I will still get some now and again but nothing serious as before. I can hide them quite well under a very thin layer of concealer. I will buy this product again. I have sensitive skin, especially sensitive to make up and the weather and this product works well for me. I have very sensitive skin due to using a wrong spot treatment befoe and I have switched all my skin products into Avene. My skin is improving day after day.Update:7/4/2006.Still using it. The texture of my skin has improved a lot. One of the best produce. I will purchase again and again....

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by fruchttasche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think it is a very good product for blemishes. I used it for clearing up my acne flareup (due to the use of wrong cleanser), and it did its job. After 2-3 days i could see that my pores are cleaner, and blemishes were almost gone. But this stuff is strong, I think. I am not even that sensitive but after a few days everyday use, my face became irritated (redness, a little peeling around nose). So I will use it only 1-2 times a week. And never use Cleanance K together with any type of BP!!! I once put a little dot of BP over Cleanance K over a stubborn acne out of desperation, and after a few hours, my skin was (literally) burnt. I think I was just mad: took a week to heal...Edit on 11. 06: I stopped using it. Even 2 times/ week use, it is still too strong, causing severe peeling, redness, dehydration and increased sensitivity. It can be a good product for some people (especially young people with blemish-prone skin) but sadly it did not work for me. Thus minus some lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I stopped using Retin A after 5 years as it always leaves my face red and flaky, although it does a good job at controlling acne. Also I was developing many broken capillaries on my 48 y/o face, which I thought may be due to the Retin A. So when I began to break out yet again I bought this product in desperation, looking for an effective product that does not leave my face looking red and irritated. It is a lightweight gel-cream which spreads nicely. It cleared up my face in about 3 days (using only at night as it leaves face feeling quite sticky) and I can see it clearing out my pores (contains both AHA and BHA). My skin is much improved and I don't have to use a ton of foundation to cover the redness. If you have used this product and don't find it strong enough I would recommend using the Avene Diacneal on alternate nights - another great product. UPDATE: I alternate this nights with Diacneal and Weleda Skin Food, in a three day rotating cycle - and it's working well! My son's acne was worsening and he now uses Cleanance K in the a.m. and Retin-A at night. If you use this in the a.m. you don't want to put foundation over - as it can leave your face quite tacky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by CrystalT

I have tried many AHA BHA products but this is the best one! It is gentle but it works on clearing up the skin. I have been having this one or two huge pimples every week but after I used this, it has cleared up completely. I also use the other great acne product from avene - the diacneal cream.

I agree with other readers that putting on in the day time with makeup makes it flake. (especially if you are trying to blend in foundation).
I still use it in the day time for my light makeup days with a makeupbase/light sunblock on top. (like shu uemura uv protector) and loose powder! It doesn't flake in this case.
I really love this product! A recommend buy for sensitive, combination skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 8:38:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the weekend hoping it would clear up a severe case of the zits brought on by a reaction to a new cleanser. I've used it twice, just at night- the first time not much happened, but the second time it has dried out all my pimples and they are half the size they were. I did put a thicker layer on the second time so maybe that has something to do with it. My skin is also generally looking clearer. I'm hoping that at the very least it gets rid of the pimples, at the most gives me fresh glowing skin. I shall update in due course, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 2:32:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I use this in the evening on my cheeks to treat my Keratosis Pilaris and it works wonders. It removes the ruddy appearance, reduces the bumps big time and makes my skin glow and incredibly soft.

I agree with the ladies who stated that it flakes if you use too much. Sometimes, when I feel my bumps are more stubborn than usual, I really layer it on. I actually don't mind the slick feel and the flakes as I put it on before going to bed, and I feel it does something for me so I'm sticking with it. This is one of the easier to get AHAs here in Austria so I probably don't have any choice either.

My only gripe is the bottle: if standing on its head (as it's supposed to be) product oozes out into the cap, so I'm leaning it onto my drawer wand standing upside down.

Love this product, already have repurchased and will certainly repurchase again. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by cat_italy

It smell really strongly and it's sticky on my face. Also, if you layer too much, it flakes.