April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I stopped using Retin A after 5 years as it always leaves my face red and flaky, although it does a good job at controlling acne. Also I was developing many broken capillaries on my 48 y/o face, which I thought may be due to the Retin A. So when I began to break out yet again I bought this product in desperation, looking for an effective product that does not leave my face looking red and irritated. It is a lightweight gel-cream which spreads nicely. It cleared up my face in about 3 days (using only at night as it leaves face feeling quite sticky) and I can see it clearing out my pores (contains both AHA and BHA). My skin is much improved and I don't have to use a ton of foundation to cover the redness. If you have used this product and don't find it strong enough I would recommend using the Avene Diacneal on alternate nights - another great product. UPDATE: I alternate this nights with Diacneal and Weleda Skin Food, in a three day rotating cycle - and it's working well! My son's acne was worsening and he now uses Cleanance K in the a.m. and Retin-A at night. If you use this in the a.m. you don't want to put foundation over - as it can leave your face quite tacky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by CrystalT

I have tried many AHA BHA products but this is the best one! It is gentle but it works on clearing up the skin. I have been having this one or two huge pimples every week but after I used this, it has cleared up completely. I also use the other great acne product from avene - the diacneal cream.

I agree with other readers that putting on in the day time with makeup makes it flake. (especially if you are trying to blend in foundation).
I still use it in the day time for my light makeup days with a makeupbase/light sunblock on top. (like shu uemura uv protector) and loose powder! It doesn't flake in this case.
I really love this product! A recommend buy for sensitive, combination skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 8:38:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the weekend hoping it would clear up a severe case of the zits brought on by a reaction to a new cleanser. I've used it twice, just at night- the first time not much happened, but the second time it has dried out all my pimples and they are half the size they were. I did put a thicker layer on the second time so maybe that has something to do with it. My skin is also generally looking clearer. I'm hoping that at the very least it gets rid of the pimples, at the most gives me fresh glowing skin. I shall update in due course, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2005 2:32:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I use this in the evening on my cheeks to treat my Keratosis Pilaris and it works wonders. It removes the ruddy appearance, reduces the bumps big time and makes my skin glow and incredibly soft.

I agree with the ladies who stated that it flakes if you use too much. Sometimes, when I feel my bumps are more stubborn than usual, I really layer it on. I actually don't mind the slick feel and the flakes as I put it on before going to bed, and I feel it does something for me so I'm sticking with it. This is one of the easier to get AHAs here in Austria so I probably don't have any choice either.

My only gripe is the bottle: if standing on its head (as it's supposed to be) product oozes out into the cap, so I'm leaning it onto my drawer wand standing upside down.

Love this product, already have repurchased and will certainly repurchase again. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by cat_italy

It smell really strongly and it's sticky on my face. Also, if you layer too much, it flakes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by escebola

I wouldn't say that this is a moisturizer (actually, if I were to rate it under such a category, it would score really low, as it feels sticky and makes combo to oily skin shine badly).

This is an AHA & BHA exfoliant (with a correct PH for the acids to work properly - i.e., they exfoliate inside the pore) which is best to use at nights (wouldn't use it during the day as it lacks SFP).

Has definitely helped me putting my blackheads under control!

You can buy it in Spain for +/- 11 euros (9 USD aprox) so its worth the try!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

I used this product a couple of years ago when my skin was oilier but it didn't make any visible difference. Moreover, the texture is a bit sticky and it does interfere with makeup. It also makes some flaky particles as you put the makeup on your face, as if the products was crumbling off the skin. Weird.

I was hoping this would improve the appearance of my skin/pores and reduce my acne problem, but no. This product doesn't worth its cost at all. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sexykitten20

i love this product. It's so gentle and effective. It helps me to keep the pimples and blackheads away :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2004 6:58:00 PM More reviews by RavenHairedGirl

This product is HORRIBLE... And ridiculously expensive. It doesn't fulfill any of it's claim and given the fact it's so expensive and has set up such a high quality rep it shouldn't even take longer than a week or two in my opinion for it work, eventhough a cycle is 28 days. This product feels as though you're putting grease on your face and has a stink to it. I'm SO mad, but happy I was able to get a complete refund, if I could find the customer service line for Avene - I'd call and give them a piece of my mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2004 5:46:00 AM More reviews by seeed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was expecting very much, I guess, so I was rather dissapointed by this. It did nothing for my stubborn blackheads and left my face sticky, as if there was a layer on it which could not be absorbed. Does not work under makeup, too, because of the stickyness. As a moisturizer, I like the Cleanance (without "K") much better - it does nothing for my blackheads either, but at least it makes my skin feel soft and clean.