July 24, 2014 | 1853 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kathmath

this is probably the lipstick i wear the most. i pretty much adore mac amplified creme because of the texture and the fact it doesn't dry my lips out and isn't glittery. this is a violet pink and i think it is very unique and pretty. it is pretty intense, i like to wear it with no other makeup (maybe some mascara) or a little rosey-bronze eyeshadow. it will definetly be noticed and i have discontinued wearing it to work after some stares in meetings. i am pretty fair and have green eyes and the violet really makes my eyes stand out. love it, will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by pink_kitty

A MAC sa recommended this to me when I was at a loss for a good lippie to wear with purple e/s. I am glad I took a chance on this one, the color is unusual, I think it really is pretty unique. I would describe it as a creamy, milky, medium lavendar with shine.

I like to apply it straight with a lip brush, to get the true color without altering it with liners or gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've passed this at the Mac Store so many times. The color just jumps out at me from all the other l/s they have on display. Really it is just such a unique color in the tube. What I failed to realize is that, it is a beautiful color on. If you are light olive, Asian, or have yellow- golden undertones try this. It is beautiful.
It's rosy violet. Packs the impact you'd expect of a blue red, but in a light violet instead. Staying power is surprisingly decent for Mac (I'm more of a Nars girl) I wore this with light blue eyeshadow and it balanced nicely. This color works good as a contrasting color. Not so MLBB.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ImCastingMagicMissiles

Maybe I'm crazy, but this isn't bright enough for me. Usually MAC amp. cream formulas go on my lips the way the look in the tubes, but this one seems a bit more sheer. On my pigmented lips, it's a slightly plum pink-based violet cream. I like that it stays on very well and wears evenly throughout the day. Try pairing it with VGVI lipglass.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pinky-mauve shade. very eyecatching and will suit any skintone. It may look bright in the tube but can be applied sheer. I have diorkiss lipgloss in lychee rose which is an exact shade of this l/s and i use this on top to get a more intense colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A truly beautiful and unique shade that can be worn day or night. I've never seen a shade like this and that can look great on a wide range of skin tones ! At first I thought by looking at it in the tube,it would be blah or just plain weird looking but once I put it on I was just in awe-so pretty ! I wear this with clear lipglass on top. I will keep repurchasing !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Currently on my third tube - I adore violet shades, and this one is definitely the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lovemm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this lipstick! I was hesitant to buy it because I didn't think I would get enough use out of it but I definitely have! It is a highly pigmented violet colour that looks great when going out at night, but I also love it with a very simple, clean face for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 8:22:00 AM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wow. very unique color. sort of a pinkish violet purpley pink.
i just bought this yesterday, but after trying it on i am going to have to really think about what i wear it with, clothing wise! and black is about the only color i could come up with right now that didnt take the attention away from its gorgeousness.
some ladies suggested it mostly being a night look. however
i think if used properly could easily be a beautiful daytime pop of color!

EDIT:
even though i love this color (so so unique)... i am returning it today. i became logical one day and just couldnt see myself using this enough to make it worth what i paid for. definitely would be amazing for parties.. but i'm not one of those nightlife girls. :) sorry uptheamp.
continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2006 3:41:00 AM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick! Never woulda thought I could pull off this color. Its just pretty, and I love the formula! Its pretty dramatic though, I was actually scared to wear it the first time! I would probably only wear it out at night, as I think its a bit too much for daytime. Still great though! :D