August 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by glanda

Honestly, I like this product. Good coverage and didn't break me out. But the package is really really poor. Every time I used it, I would waste lots of it. When I pour it out, sometimes it easily to spread out, or didn't come out at all. Strongly suggest the company to change the package.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by FoxyConnie

Packagin sucks...should have come in a tube or a pump...anyways at first I thought ok this is a decent foundation and hopefully it will help my sensitive oily acne skin.... And yet I havnt been breaking out until I realize I dnt have acne breakouts, but now I got tiny little bumps and when you apply foundation you see bumps. Its disgusting.I will not repurchase. Srry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by hairgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect color in BUFF for fair neutral skin. No irritation with this product. It seems to be as good as any expensive department store liquid foundation if you want very sheer coverage and no breakouts. Packaging should come in a tube instead of a glass wide-mouthed bottle, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Djadzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite drugstore foundations. It has medium coverage and good color choices, including ones with yellow tones, and in small amounts, looks natural and is breathable. It can double up to conceal small blemishes, but I wouldn't recommend building it on the face, as it will start to look cakey. Also, moisturizing and priming is ESSENTIAL to making this stuff look good. Otherwise, it will accentuate dry spots and pores.

The best part of this stuff is the abililty it has to help and clear and prevent breakouts. If you have problems with foundation breaking you out, this stuff is for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by em1992

great foundation good medium coverage .
the only down side is i made the mistake of buying it without properly trying it on . I bought the darkest shade thinking it would be suitable only to apply it to be way to light for me .. i have worn it out during a night ou ( bronzer over the top ) and after removing it found my pores wernt as block as they usualy are ..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jexxica269

I have been using this product for years. I love it. It matches perfectly (Buff). I am kind of pale with yellow undertones and this foundation never looks pink. I apply it with my fingers, which works well, then I set it with any powder. It stays on but can be a little drying for combination skin. And it can be a little expesive (I've seen it for close to $13).

Overall, I love the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Feels light & breathable (compared to Revlon Colorstay)
*Buildable coverage
*Easy to wash off with cleanser then witch hazel

CONS:
*Concerned about putting salicylic acid around my eyes
*Inadequate coverage (for me)
*Too drying
*Accentuates peelies/flakies from healing pimples

This may work better for those with really oily skin but don't count on heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ruth1999

This is the perfect foundation for me! I have tried many others including more expensive brands but keep coming back to this. It never makes me break out, and it leaves the most natural looking matte finish, while still giving really decent coverage. I use the buff, I am very fair but found the ivory had too pink of an undertone. My only complaint is the packaging - the square glass bottle makes it impossible to get all the product out, and the lid is difficult to tighten back on all the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by lagenia

This foundation is about the only one I can use that does not cause breakouts. No blemishes, breakouts or pimples on my forehead, cheeks or chin. The negatives are that it doesn't cover the best, especially scaring. It definitely not a top end foundation and it's hard to get it to look smooth or use with a moisturizer. It really doesn't do much to clear acne, but I'm happy doesn't make it worse. If I could find another foundation that was nice to sensitive skin I would try it, but I haven't found one yet. What is surprising is that it doesn't dry the skin even though it has salicylic acid. Other reviewers have compared the texture to Revlon Colorstay and I would have to agree.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by maia74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a decent everyday foundation for a while now. I have massively oily skin and most foundations make me even oilier, sometimes in less than 20 minutes. I'm also blessed with skin that tends to look blotchy and sallow after a long day covered in thick layers of makeup. For some reason, I took a chance with this even though I have absolutely no experience with Almay foundations, let alone any of their products. It's a fantastic (inexpensive) product.
I'm in between an NC20-25 in the dead of winter. I picked up the color Neutral 220, a decent match, though it's slightly pink/orange for my very yellow toned skin. The coverage is a solid medium, it's buildable, and has a soft matte finish. I like to think I have nice skin, but will get the occasional pimple and do have moderate hyperpigmentation around my mouth. With this foundation on, I can go without concealer on lazy days (though it's not my preference). It's also one of the few foundations I've tried that doesn't make me oiler, though I should add it doesn't drastically stop oil either. What I really dig about it though is its staying power and how it maintains my relatively clear complexion.
It has salicylic acid in it, which is awesome. I have the kind of skin that needs constant upkeep, whether it's with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or BHA/AHA lotions. If I don't take care of it, I'll break out, produce more oil, and start looking blotchy and gross. Thanks to the salicylic acid in this, when I take it off at the end of the day my skin looks just as good as it looked that morning. I've also put it through the nightclub test and it passed with flying colors. When I looked at myself at 3 o'clock in the morning, my lipstick was nearly gone, my eyeliner smudged, but besides some sweat and oil, my skin looked really good.
All that being said, there are still two major negatives to this product. The salicylic acid (yes, it has it's negatives) and the god damn bottle. Even though I'm very oily, I have dry patches, especially around my mouth. Even though the salicylic acid is great on most days, sometimes it DOES make flakes noticeable and or creates them. A couple of times, I've looked at myself in a handheld mirror outdoors and had to pick off some noticeable flakes. So if you have dry skin, I would skip this foundation altogether. Second, that bottle! It's a terrible, heavy glass bottle with no pump and a horrific screw top. The mouth of the bottle is round and the top is square...what does this mean? There are crevices around all 4 edges of the cap that drips of foundation collect and dribble out of if you get ANY of it around the mouth of the opening when pouring. More than once, I've found my makeup bag covered in foundation because it leaks majorly. It's REALLY frustrating...something I hope they'd fix in the future.
In any case, this is a wonderful foundation. I'm sure I'll be purchasing something different next because I'm a foundation whore like that (and on that perpetual search for the HG), but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this again if I just needed something quickly. It's really really really great.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No