August 30, 2014 | 1748 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by PrincessEmzor

I have repurchased this product about five times now. I absolutely love it. It goes on smooth, not thick. It doesn't make my skin break out, and it not only hides any blemishes, but they don't hang around as long as they used to before I started using it. It is great all year round, not like other foundations I have tried that I have had to give up in the summertime or vice-versa. I like how you can build it up so that it looks both natural and flawless.
I have used it when doing friends makeup for weddings and balls too, and I have found it looks great on other skin types too such as my best friend's oily skin and my sisters very dry skin.
To get the most flawless finish, I use with a finishing powder, at the moment I am using Almay's Wake Up Mineral Powder.
The packaging is horrible, like everyone else has said. To get around this I put it into a different bottle, one with a pump!!! They really should redesign the bottle at some point!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by glanda

Honestly, I like this product. Good coverage and didn't break me out. But the package is really really poor. Every time I used it, I would waste lots of it. When I pour it out, sometimes it easily to spread out, or didn't come out at all. Strongly suggest the company to change the package.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by FoxyConnie

Packagin sucks...should have come in a tube or a pump...anyways at first I thought ok this is a decent foundation and hopefully it will help my sensitive oily acne skin.... And yet I havnt been breaking out until I realize I dnt have acne breakouts, but now I got tiny little bumps and when you apply foundation you see bumps. Its disgusting.I will not repurchase. Srry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by hairgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect color in BUFF for fair neutral skin. No irritation with this product. It seems to be as good as any expensive department store liquid foundation if you want very sheer coverage and no breakouts. Packaging should come in a tube instead of a glass wide-mouthed bottle, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Djadzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite drugstore foundations. It has medium coverage and good color choices, including ones with yellow tones, and in small amounts, looks natural and is breathable. It can double up to conceal small blemishes, but I wouldn't recommend building it on the face, as it will start to look cakey. Also, moisturizing and priming is ESSENTIAL to making this stuff look good. Otherwise, it will accentuate dry spots and pores.

The best part of this stuff is the abililty it has to help and clear and prevent breakouts. If you have problems with foundation breaking you out, this stuff is for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by em1992

great foundation good medium coverage .
the only down side is i made the mistake of buying it without properly trying it on . I bought the darkest shade thinking it would be suitable only to apply it to be way to light for me .. i have worn it out during a night ou ( bronzer over the top ) and after removing it found my pores wernt as block as they usualy are ..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jexxica269

I have been using this product for years. I love it. It matches perfectly (Buff). I am kind of pale with yellow undertones and this foundation never looks pink. I apply it with my fingers, which works well, then I set it with any powder. It stays on but can be a little drying for combination skin. And it can be a little expesive (I've seen it for close to $13).

Overall, I love the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Feels light & breathable (compared to Revlon Colorstay)
*Buildable coverage
*Easy to wash off with cleanser then witch hazel

CONS:
*Concerned about putting salicylic acid around my eyes
*Inadequate coverage (for me)
*Too drying
*Accentuates peelies/flakies from healing pimples

This may work better for those with really oily skin but don't count on heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ruth1999

This is the perfect foundation for me! I have tried many others including more expensive brands but keep coming back to this. It never makes me break out, and it leaves the most natural looking matte finish, while still giving really decent coverage. I use the buff, I am very fair but found the ivory had too pink of an undertone. My only complaint is the packaging - the square glass bottle makes it impossible to get all the product out, and the lid is difficult to tighten back on all the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by lagenia

This foundation is about the only one I can use that does not cause breakouts. No blemishes, breakouts or pimples on my forehead, cheeks or chin. The negatives are that it doesn't cover the best, especially scaring. It definitely not a top end foundation and it's hard to get it to look smooth or use with a moisturizer. It really doesn't do much to clear acne, but I'm happy doesn't make it worse. If I could find another foundation that was nice to sensitive skin I would try it, but I haven't found one yet. What is surprising is that it doesn't dry the skin even though it has salicylic acid. Other reviewers have compared the texture to Revlon Colorstay and I would have to agree.