October 31, 2014 | 929 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by starrydreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe all of the bad reviews on here. If I run out of these I am miserable until I get some more. So.. yes, these are oily, but it is not that bad! And they obviously have a less oily version if you hate it that much. I personally like the oil because I think it helps moisturize the delicate skin around my eyes. Plus, if you wash your face afterwards, most of it is gone anyways. It leaves just enough left to nourish your skin. There are a ton of pads in each one, so it lasts me quite awhile, and you can use both sides of the pad. The only down side is that sometimes I have to use a few to get off all of my makeup if I am wearing a lot of it, but like I said there are a lot of them so it is ok. Sometimes I wake up with a little black under my eyes, but it is rare and when I have been wearing a lot of makeup. I have tried other eye makeup removers, and these are definitely the best. You should definitely give them a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use the oil-free version of this product, but after the last container I bought barely had any liquid on it I decided to try this one. I knew it was going to be greasy (hence the moisturizing part), I just didn't realize it was going to be an oily greasy rather than a nice creamy soothing texture. You have to fight to keep these pads from slipping out of your fingers and onto your eyeball they're so slick. And they're terrible if you wear contacts; prepare to have foggy vision and irritated eyes. I was at least hoping that since this product is touted as moisturizing it would actually do just that. Nope, greasy but not moisturizing, and yes there is a difference. It does do a great job of removing eye makeup though; I've yet to try it on a waterproof mascara, but it works great on regular mascara and waterproof eyeliner - it comes right off, w/out any scrubbing like you have to do w/ the oil-free version. I just also can't help feeling paranoid that this stuff may clogging the pores on my eyelids preventing any new eyelashes to grow or something. I wash my entire face after I use this product though so hopefully it gets all the leftover residue off. I'm thinking of trying Neutrogena's oil-free pads next....

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2007 3:02:00 AM More reviews by bellagoodgirl

These pads are super oily and leave a disgusting oily residue on the eyes and fingers. They don't remove mascara that well and to top it off, if any of the oil on those pads goes into the eye, OUCH! I had to go wash my eyes for the tears and irritation to go away. They are way too messy. Yuk, Yuk

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by minijen

i'm also surprised to see such low ratings!!!!! this is my holy grail. i've tried maaaaaany other removers, high end ones as well, and they dont even come close to this.
this will get off all your waterproof makeup in a cinch without ripping out your lashes

i am finally growing back my lashes thanks to this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by QweenTalia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the convenience of the pads. However, they're not moist enough, kind of dry - something must be deficient with their packaging. Also, did not remove my eye make up 100%. Sometimes it takes 2 pads to get the job done.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by queenbee19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this b/c it was $1 at big lots. this eye makeup remover should only be used by people that wear waterproof mascara. i'd imagine that this will work wonders in removing any trace of waterproof mascara, even if it is oily. if you need an eye makeup remover for regular mascara and eye makeup, skip this product entirely. it leaves a filmy residue and i am left with blurry vision for at least 15 minutes since the oil usually gets into my eyes. i like to use eye makeup pads and then a facial remover tissue like ponds, but even that is not enough to remove the oil from my face or eyes. i usually need to really rinse my face hard with facial soap to remove oil. avoid for daily use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I usually buy the Almay non-oily remover pads, but I decided to try the moisturizing ones to see if they were better. I WAS WRONG! These are a rip-off. They are soaked in baby oil. If I wanted baby oil I would have got some. I was very dissapointed with this product. It took forever to get the slimy residue off my skin. Will not buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to make this work, I really did. After the success of its cousin the non-oily pads, I really thought this would be a winner as well. But it is just TOO oily and it gets into my sensitive contact-wearing eyes and it's just not a pretty picture. My eyes literally stay red and irritated for days after using this, I love that it is packaged in convenient pads that are very easy to use, and it does remove my waterproof mascara quite well, but I wish they would tone it down a little with the oil so that it doesn't get so slippery and go all over the place. SOmeone said that they reformulated it to be not as oily? When did this happen? because I bought this about a month ago and it was definitely as oily as ever. I would love to try it if it were reformulated to be less oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 12:57:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprised this has such a low rating! These work great, they remove my eye makeup like a charm and leave my sensitive eyes feeling soft and moisturized. I bought these by mistake because i couldn't remember what the highest rated eye makeup remover here was. I had been going without, and after spending a good 20 minutes trying to remove heavy black liner last night, which left my eyes puffy and irritated this morning I immediately went out in search of something today. I'm glad I got these though, sure they're oily but after cleansing there's not a single bit of oil left behind. My eyes also feel very soft. I'll definately re-purchase these.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY eye makeup remover I will use. I have used others when I ran out and had to borrow from my roommates. NOTHING compared to the Almay pads.
Oily? Yes, but so what? I am washing my face immediately after. It is the silky oil that makes it is so easy to remove all traces of eye makeup with these and it conditions your lashes and washes off with your face cleanser without a trace. I wear contact lenses too, so I take them out before hand or the oil will stay on my lenses.

I will never use anything else! There is nothing I dislike about this product!!!!!