Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 10/10/2006 4:21:00 AM

Love this stuff. I'm allergic to all other lip balms I've tried (and I've tried many), this is the only one that doesn't make my lips swell and go all red. I've recently learned to use it my cuticles, and it seems to work well. And I also put it on my lashes before I go to sleep, and they look much healthier, and slightly longer too.

To those people who are concerned about the fact it's a petroleum-extracted product, a lot of the cosmetic products on the market right now have petroleum-extracted ingridents in them. Such as mosituriers (face and body), shampoos, conditioner etc. (I learned that in high school science class) Since people perceive these products to be safe, then what's the problem with Vaseline?

on 2/3/2006 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Amazing!!! I, too, am in love with Vaseline. It has so many uses! My favorite uses are lips (every night and I never ever have dry lips), dry skin (ESPECIALLY for those who have those scaley, red bumps on the upper arms. This makes it so much smoother.), to remove eye make-up, to reduce acne scars on my face, you can even use it to moisturize your face if you're careful. Apply it at night and you'll wake up with amazingly soft, smooth skin. I also use this to apply loose glitter around my eyes, so that the glitter sticks. You can't go wrong with a classic.

on 1/12/2006 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i use this around my nose and the edges of my mouth where the skin is cracked raw from retin-a... by morning, it's nice and soft again. wonderful stuff.

on 11/22/2005 6:00:00 PM

A staple with me from the time I was a baby. I use it to remove eye makeup, moisturize dry spots anywhere (yes, that includes the face without any breakouts!) This is a universally useful product that costs practically nada!

on 10/13/2005 7:32:00 PM

Vaseline is a wonderful moisturizer, but I wouldn't dare use it on my face (other than lips)! I use it on my heels, put socks on, and in the morning, my feet are silky, soft, with no dryness at all. In the summer, I wear heeled sandals to work, and they have an open back. My heels can get super dry if I don't moisturize, and vaseline really prevents super dry feet. If my lips are chapped, I put some on during the night, and after 2-3 days, I have gorgeous, soft, smooth lips. Vaseline is a great product, and has a lot of uses, but I would limit some of those uses when it comes to the face.

on 10/13/2005 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This great for so many things. It prevents nosebleeds in winter for my kids. Feet blisters soften from a night vaseline and cotton socks. Hands look great after the same treatment. I have thick, frizzy, wavy hair. I dab vaseline very, very lightly on my ends before my last run with the ionic blowdryer (on hot) and brush. No frizz and fly aways. Surprised?! I read this trick in some article and it really works. I don't put it on my face as a moisturizer.

on 8/17/2005 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff for dry lips!! I use it after I exfoliate my lips to keep them smooth and soft =) I've tried it as an eye makeup remover but it didn't work too well -- it was too greasy and left a film on my lids that had to be washed away with cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

DO NOT use this on your eyes as a makeup remover!!! I tried this as per instructed on a tub of generic petroleum jelly and it gave me a big fat stye! RUN!

on 5/13/2005 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG nighttime facial moisturizer-(and every day lip moisturizer!)-after a shower, get out, dry face, etc...then wet hands in sink, and gather a small dab and distribute evenly between hands and pat all over face. The water reapplied is then locked in, and the Vaseline is thinned out so it's not heavy. Wait a few, then with a kleenex gently wipe off excess on face, but leave thin layer on lashes. Just dab about, no rubbing. My skin is only calm and the redness is down and my lashes are healthiest when I do this! AND I have oily acne prone skin. HA! If this stuff is pure toxic poison then I'm gonna die happy...;-)

on 4/29/2005 8:02:00 PM

tastes gross, smeels gross, has a gross greasy texture....but works great for dry lips =) lols so as much asd i hate it i use it anyways cuz it helps my lips lols

Popular Treatments (Face)