Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 1/9/2013 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a 100 pointer for Sephora. I thought, Clinique is not famous for their mascaras, this will probably go in the trash..well I was wrong. I have asian tiny little lashes and this one never clumps (A problem when your lashes are so small)
and lengthens and volumizes without looking OTT.

This is a little wetter formula which I personally prefer because dryer mascaras make my lashes look hard. And liquidy ones look more soft for me, and its more lightweight.

This keeps curl well too, a common problem for asians!

I was wearing this the other day, and a stranger (who is Caucasian and has beautiful lashes) commented on how great my lashes looked!!!

Definitely will be buying full sized mascara!!

on 1/9/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara is so so. It volumizes and lengthens, but it will smudge unless you really wipe practically everything off the brush. Then you have a big mess at the top of the tube. I think ds mascaras work better without all the work..

I love this mascara. It is one of the few products that I actually thinks works better as you use it up - it doesn't dry up like other brands, meaning you can really use it until it is gone. When you get a new tube, it is VERY wet though - so try not to blink hard or open your eyes to wide for about 20 seconds or you will print some above our below your eyes (ack!). I like my mascara to wash off easily with water and this rinses off cleaner than anything else I have tried (saving a step and more products...). I don't find it flakes either.

If I am feeling fancy I will buy it - but ultimately, I have found drugstore brands that offer similar results (maybe not quite the same) but for a quarter of the price (I like maybelline plush). Sometimes the price just can't be justified!

Its just not that special mascara.

I love mascara, and I have tried many, many mascaras. However, I always find myself returning to Clinique's High Impact Mascara. I feel like it gives the best in length and volume of any mascara I have worn. I usually pair it with Lancome's Cils Booster primer and boom! perfect lashes. I have clients ask me all the time if I am wearing false eyelashes!

I also recommand this because Clinique performs allgery testing (which is more than hypoallgeric testing) and I have never had this mascara irritate my eyes at all. Hands down, this is my favorite mascara!

The great things about it are that it does what a mascara should do: make my lashes look thicker, longer, defining. BUT the big downside is that I can't wear this for too long; any day I wear it for more than 4 hours it makes my eyes so irritated and I start tearing up!
So if you don't wear it for too long it's perfect. It also doesn't smudge or clump.

My HG of mascara! Love the formula so much - it's the only mascara I buy. Resists flaking, lasts a full day, comes off very easily with makeup remover. Competitive price for a mascara of good quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It doesn't flake or smudge, but if you have moderately thicker lashes, I don't see how this works on you. It barely applies to my lashes, can't build up and looks like I didn't even put mascara on. High Impact? hmm... not so much. At least it didn't flake.

on 1/1/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a good mascara, it's not horrible, but it's not SUPER good. It will separate and lengthen but not voluminous and it's a little clumpy. I will not repurchase since I think that drugstore mascaras are just as good, if not way better! I will stick to my CG lash blast, and rimmels sexy curves.

on 12/29/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just average. Does not clump my lashes and gives them volume but it does not add much length. And I don't like the brush at all. It's fine for an every day mascara but I don't hink I'll repurchase.