Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.8

on 2/9/2004 9:01:00 PM

This is too strong for me, but it would be rather nice for a 40-50 year old. I'd go for a light fragrance from Victoria's Secret instead.

on 1/13/2004 2:11:00 PM

My sister in law wears this God awful scent and since it's so overpowering and AWFUL I cringe whenever she is to close! Enough said about this nasty fragrance.

on 1/5/2004 1:01:00 PM

Smells like eau de Mother-In-Law's armpits. I suspect new lighter version is sister-in-law pits.

on 12/19/2003 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is the 1980's. I have this stuff and it sits on my dresser. I absolutely love perfumes but this one is a dud. Reminds me of something made by Elizabeth Taylor. CHEAP!!!!

on 12/18/2003 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My mom has always had a bottle of this sitting on her dresser, and I have never liked it. This stuff literally smells like the 80's. It gives me mental pictures of businesswomen in blinding fuschia 'power suits' with electric blue eyeshadow, white plastic beads around their necks along with matching white plastic hoop earrings, blue stockings with fuschia heels, & 6-inch tall 'mall bangs'. Red Door is THE SCENT of the 80's!!!

on 12/18/2003 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I actually like this perfume very much. It is wonderful in the summer months. I have used this on and off over the years. Definately worth a try.

on 12/10/2003 1:55:00 PM

Yuck Yuck Yuck!!
Instant headache!!!

on 12/4/2003 12:48:00 AM

I see I am in the minority here, but that's okay (won't be the first time ;-) This scent works VERY well on me, it smells fresh and lovely and very very sexy. I think it totally depends on your body chemistry as to whether you love or hate this scent---it works for me, so I love it. It's one of the few scents I've found that lasts and lasts, and that I can smell on myself after the first few minutes. Doesn't give me any of the olafactory images that have been listed here in previous reviews. My husband loves it on me too, so for me, this one is a winner.

on 11/24/2003 11:29:00 PM

Hate this with a passion. I wish they'd stop making it because it literally sickens me the instant I get a whiff of it. Yuck.

on 11/24/2003 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used to love this scent years and years ago when I was in highschool, I'm not sure why because now when I smell it, it seems a bit to old ladyish for my taste. It's a bit too strong and heavy for me now. It is a rather heavy floral scent with a slight spicy note to it.

Popular Fragrances