Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.9

Add me to the minority report! This is the only scent I have ever been complimented on for wearing. Now, I admit that may be because it is so strong that no one can miss it. . . :-) It also has real lasting power. And yes, the packaging is awful! My first bottle was a gift or I'd never have tried it.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just goes to show that with perfume, it's all about your body chemistry. My mother has been wearing this for several years, and she smells amazing when she wears it (she's in her early 50's and is certainly not into "old lady" scents). One day I borrowed her perfume and I smelled horrendous...like I had been poking around in the trash all day. It smells completely different on each of us.

We sell this at the salon where I work and we all know to stay away from it! One day someone farted, so the new girl sprayed Red Door to mask the smell, and we all agreed that the Red Door smelled worse than the original foul odor. I'm not kidding!

I wear this in the evenings or for church. I ADORE it. Very CLASSY and very clean scent. Will become a staple of mine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am stepping away from what most of the reviews said because I have never had reactions to any scent I've ever tried like I have with this one. No kidding, almost every day, I have someone come up to me (male and female) and ask me what it is I'm wearing because it smells soooo good. A lot of men have asked me to write it down for them so they can purchase it for their wives! It must be true that it all depends on the chemistry of our skin - what smells good on one person may not smell the same on another. I will never quit wearing this scent - if only to continue with the compliments!! :) However, I occasionally switch to something different to get a change of pace.

I remember when I first smelled this back in 1991. I really LOVED it back then-I guess because no one I knew was wearing it. I think I was one of the first at my college to start wearing it. Now here we are 13 yrs later and EVERYONE and their mother is wearing this stuff and boy are they pouring it on. This stuff is so strong that I can barely breathe around it. I can't stand the smell and I haven't worn it in a very long time.

This is too strong for me, but it would be rather nice for a 40-50 year old. I'd go for a light fragrance from Victoria's Secret instead.

My sister in law wears this God awful scent and since it's so overpowering and AWFUL I cringe whenever she is to close! Enough said about this nasty fragrance.

Smells like eau de Mother-In-Law's armpits. I suspect new lighter version is sister-in-law pits.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is the 1980's. I have this stuff and it sits on my dresser. I absolutely love perfumes but this one is a dud. Reminds me of something made by Elizabeth Taylor. CHEAP!!!!

Popular Fragrances