Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.8

on 3/2/2004 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am stepping away from what most of the reviews said because I have never had reactions to any scent I've ever tried like I have with this one. No kidding, almost every day, I have someone come up to me (male and female) and ask me what it is I'm wearing because it smells soooo good. A lot of men have asked me to write it down for them so they can purchase it for their wives! It must be true that it all depends on the chemistry of our skin - what smells good on one person may not smell the same on another. I will never quit wearing this scent - if only to continue with the compliments!! :) However, I occasionally switch to something different to get a change of pace.

on 3/1/2004 12:42:00 AM

I remember when I first smelled this back in 1991. I really LOVED it back then-I guess because no one I knew was wearing it. I think I was one of the first at my college to start wearing it. Now here we are 13 yrs later and EVERYONE and their mother is wearing this stuff and boy are they pouring it on. This stuff is so strong that I can barely breathe around it. I can't stand the smell and I haven't worn it in a very long time.

on 2/9/2004 9:01:00 PM

This is too strong for me, but it would be rather nice for a 40-50 year old. I'd go for a light fragrance from Victoria's Secret instead.

on 1/13/2004 2:11:00 PM

My sister in law wears this God awful scent and since it's so overpowering and AWFUL I cringe whenever she is to close! Enough said about this nasty fragrance.

on 1/5/2004 1:01:00 PM

Smells like eau de Mother-In-Law's armpits. I suspect new lighter version is sister-in-law pits.

on 12/19/2003 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is the 1980's. I have this stuff and it sits on my dresser. I absolutely love perfumes but this one is a dud. Reminds me of something made by Elizabeth Taylor. CHEAP!!!!

on 12/18/2003 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My mom has always had a bottle of this sitting on her dresser, and I have never liked it. This stuff literally smells like the 80's. It gives me mental pictures of businesswomen in blinding fuschia 'power suits' with electric blue eyeshadow, white plastic beads around their necks along with matching white plastic hoop earrings, blue stockings with fuschia heels, & 6-inch tall 'mall bangs'. Red Door is THE SCENT of the 80's!!!

on 12/18/2003 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I actually like this perfume very much. It is wonderful in the summer months. I have used this on and off over the years. Definately worth a try.

on 12/10/2003 1:55:00 PM

Yuck Yuck Yuck!!
Instant headache!!!

on 12/4/2003 12:48:00 AM

I see I am in the minority here, but that's okay (won't be the first time ;-) This scent works VERY well on me, it smells fresh and lovely and very very sexy. I think it totally depends on your body chemistry as to whether you love or hate this scent---it works for me, so I love it. It's one of the few scents I've found that lasts and lasts, and that I can smell on myself after the first few minutes. Doesn't give me any of the olafactory images that have been listed here in previous reviews. My husband loves it on me too, so for me, this one is a winner.

Popular Fragrances