April 24, 2014 | 1955 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by princessana

I have just recently rekindled my flame with Clinique products. I have used this product in the past, and recalled that above all else it is: #1 SUPER-concentrated (a dab'l do ya) and SUPER-cleansing, as in, tightness begins to creep in for me even prior to the last splash.
That being said, it is about as fab an all-around de-gooper you're going to find for the $. Lasts forever, fragrance-free (a must for me), easy-on, easy-off. Followed with a good cream cleanser to replace moisture, and I'm peach.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I love the creamy foam from this cleanser! It's such a great texture, it rinses cleanly away and leaves my face *squeaky* clean. It has a nice, fresh smell. I went right over my eyes with no stinging at all. Unfortunately, this didn't remove all of my makeup very well. It was also a little drying to my skin but I really can't blame the product as it says it is for "normal" skin and I am a bit dry in the winter. I will try this again in the summer. It sounds strange but this cleanser is fun. I got this as a GWP sample. I tend to use drug store cleansers so I would never buy this---to me it's a bit pricey.

Update: Using this product in the summer is a perfect fit for me. Not drying at all. I love the squeaky clean. Still wish it would fully remove my makeup. While others say "Well, it's not supposed to," that may be the case, but I prefer products which do several things it one step.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 39 with combo skin that tends to breakout here and there. I have used Clinique's Rinse-off foaming cleanser for... my gosh...over 10 years now. I use it as a makeup remover and a cleanser and have never followed up with any additional facial cleaner. (I didn't think I was supposed to, since it is labeled as a cleanser. And honestly, I can't imagine why you would need to.)
The cleanser foams up nicely, removes all of my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes, and leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and makeup-free. I could see how it could be drying to those with really sensitive or dry skin types, but for me it truly is HG and always will be.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynn29

- good for my combo skin
- noticed a significant decrease in breakouts when i started using this... and i used to break out at least 3-4 times a week
- the smell is nice, it foams up really well, but not it's not insanely sudsy
- takes off all my makeup
- the only reason for taking away a lippie was that it leaves my skin a bit tight after use, but not it's not unbearable

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received this as GWP...it does tend to sting my eyes. I feel it's kind of a pain to wash off and then I ended up with a few cystic zits all of a sudden.>>>>
I'll stick with my Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash instead - it does a wonderful job and is very inexpensive and effective!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by NancyT

I absolutely love this cleanser. It's my 2nd place HG cleanser after the Nars Gentle Cream Cleanser. It has a very neutral scent, it's not stripping, it's creamy, but not greasy, and it rinses off well. Contrary to other reviews, I find this not only removes my makeup, but also cleanses my skin as well. I will sometimes follow up with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MirandaJune

One of the only cleansers that doesnt make my combo skin have a meltdown. I love it and have been buying it for ages. Does not dry my skin out at all and has a pleasant scent (rosemary?)

very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by oohitzyumi

Another can't live without product for me by Clinique. I LOVE clinique and their products are so effective for my oily/acne-prone skin. I use this to take of my makeup then follow with my acne solutions regimen. The cleanser is so gentle and feels so good to put on. I wear heavy makeup; from foundation, bronzer, blush, full eye makeup, so I need a gentle yet heavy duty cleanser to take everything off. This does exactly that! I wipe my face with a white towel and not a smudge of makeup left. Definite staple in my skincare routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I love that it does a great job removing face makeup (not recommended for eyes due to the stinging effect - oh, believe me that it stings). What I do to get the best out of the "foaming" cleanser is to put a peanut-sized drop on my face brush and use it in the shower. The foam really develops, and feels great. Then I follow up with a more milky facial wash, but it does feel a bit dry after the foaming.

Foams are not for eyes anyway, so I was not disappointed by the product, because I used it as it was intended to be used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good facial makeup remover, but its the smell that gets to me. I know that most Clinique products have no fragrance but this stuff smells terrible! I am going to try to find a different cleanser because I cannot get past the smell, but if you can get past that then I would recommend this product.