October 21, 2014 | 899 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by AmandaLane

This soap does exactly what it is intended for. Washing off makeup and dirt at the end of the day. However, I do not think it was intended for people with sensitve skin. I used this a few times and my face was literally burned looking in some place. It completely strips away all moisture from the face left it very dry even after following with a good moisturizer. May be a good product for people without sensitve skin or people with oily skin but definitely not for mine. It is also very expensive at 18.50 for a face cleanser. No thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good stuff but expensive for an everyday cleanser. I usually use it on its own before going to bed or when i don't have time to moisturise.i like how it foams up and makes you feel clean without drying, but it does nothing to my blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by girleesmooch55

I love this cleanser because it thoroughly removes my makeup like no other makeup remover does. Love how just a tiny little bit foams up into a lather. The only thing I don't like it that it is had to get the last bit of product of out the tube. I use this cleanser first when I have makeup on and then use the clinique acne 3 step and my face has been clear ever since!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot understand why Clinique keeps pushing people to wash their face over and over again with cleansers, soaps, etc. What is the purpose of using a soap to wash your face if it is like taking a shower with your clothes on? Rinse-off cleanser is the first of their many pre-3-Step-steps and it is just a mediocre cleanser that leaves a film on your face and strips it off. I never liked Clinique cleansers and this is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by scorpio1273

This is my HG cleanser, when I can afford it! I can never find a cleanser that leaves my face feeling soft and this clean. Others either strip away too much moisture or leave a weird film on my face thats just gross. This is the best cleanser ever and you only need a tiny amount. My mom bought this and I ran out of my own so I borrowed it and now I want one! The only thing I'm not loving is the smell its not a clean unscented smell its just kind of a gross smell. But I can get over that with the results it leaves. Still in search of a good toner... But then with Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing lotion or gel. I like the lotion for winter and gel for summer. I have the almost perfect for me skin routine.
edit: often times i will love something for like amonth or too and then blah but I am still loving this but because I am budgeting I am using pur foaming cleanser from shoppers because its like 5 dollars and cleans without overdrying. But it does not feel as good as this cleanser at all... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by princessana

I have just recently rekindled my flame with Clinique products. I have used this product in the past, and recalled that above all else it is: #1 SUPER-concentrated (a dab'l do ya) and SUPER-cleansing, as in, tightness begins to creep in for me even prior to the last splash.
That being said, it is about as fab an all-around de-gooper you're going to find for the $. Lasts forever, fragrance-free (a must for me), easy-on, easy-off. Followed with a good cream cleanser to replace moisture, and I'm peach.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I love the creamy foam from this cleanser! It's such a great texture, it rinses cleanly away and leaves my face *squeaky* clean. It has a nice, fresh smell. I went right over my eyes with no stinging at all. Unfortunately, this didn't remove all of my makeup very well. It was also a little drying to my skin but I really can't blame the product as it says it is for "normal" skin and I am a bit dry in the winter. I will try this again in the summer. It sounds strange but this cleanser is fun. I got this as a GWP sample. I tend to use drug store cleansers so I would never buy this---to me it's a bit pricey.

Update: Using this product in the summer is a perfect fit for me. Not drying at all. I love the squeaky clean. Still wish it would fully remove my makeup. While others say "Well, it's not supposed to," that may be the case, but I prefer products which do several things it one step.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by babysbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 39 with combo skin that tends to breakout here and there. I have used Clinique's Rinse-off foaming cleanser for... my gosh...over 10 years now. I use it as a makeup remover and a cleanser and have never followed up with any additional facial cleaner. (I didn't think I was supposed to, since it is labeled as a cleanser. And honestly, I can't imagine why you would need to.)
The cleanser foams up nicely, removes all of my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes, and leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and makeup-free. I could see how it could be drying to those with really sensitive or dry skin types, but for me it truly is HG and always will be.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynn29

- good for my combo skin
- noticed a significant decrease in breakouts when i started using this... and i used to break out at least 3-4 times a week
- the smell is nice, it foams up really well, but not it's not insanely sudsy
- takes off all my makeup
- the only reason for taking away a lippie was that it leaves my skin a bit tight after use, but not it's not unbearable

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received this as GWP...it does tend to sting my eyes. I feel it's kind of a pain to wash off and then I ended up with a few cystic zits all of a sudden.>>>>
I'll stick with my Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash instead - it does a wonderful job and is very inexpensive and effective!