TendSkin Tend Skin

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

on 4/3/2003 12:16:00 PM

I really didn't think this was all that, but I know some people swear by it...I get my arms waxed regularly and once in a blue moon I will get an ingrown hair from the wax, so I got this to take care of it. It does an ok job but there's probably other products that could do the same thing. It also claims to dry up blemishes but that is a load of crap, I would never put this stuff near my face because of the ingredients, I would sooner rub straight alcohol on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff stinks SO BAD. Vinegary is an accurate description. That being said, I love every other thing about this. This stuff works so well for razor burn. My skin can act so weird and sensitive sometimes, and this really calms it down. It's strange that something with alcohol in it can calm, maybe it has something to do with the aspirin component. Whatever, I love it. I endure the smell, which I don't notice lasting too long, so I won't penalize the score.

on 2/7/2003 2:56:00 PM

This stuff is DISGUSTING! I do not understand all of the rave reviews below. I mean, I'm willing to suffer for beauty I suppose, but not this much! In fact, I'd like to give the inventor of TendSkin a huge paper cut on his/her lip and pour some lovely TendSkin onto it a la Jackass, the movie. Not only does it sting the hell out of one's skin (contains alcohol), but it smells like vinegar--yes, vinegar! It is also horribly overpriced. If you are considering purchasing this product, surf over to Paula's Choice and buy her skin relief treatment. It has no alcohol, no odor, and is even cheaper. Can't ask for more!

on 2/6/2003 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my holy grail of skin treatments. Sounds scary, but it is. Around when I hit 21 my forehead started developing all these weird, non-pimple growths that wouldn't go away. After years of frustration TendSkin is the ONLY thing that has cleared them up. I guess it must make everything come out of the pores, or exfoliate, or whatever - I don't care - it works!!!

on 1/27/2003 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a staple in my household. Both my boyfriend and I use it to prevent skin irritation from shaving. It really works. I just wish it wasn't so darned expensive! Oh well. I'd rather pay for this than have red bumps everywhere.

on 1/15/2003 2:31:00 PM

I love this stuff. True it's pricey and a little smelly (think vinegar) but it works and for that I will suffer. Not only does it prevent ingrown hairs, but I use it on blemishes and it zaps them dead overnight. No joke. I also use it after getting my eyebrows waxing which prevents the small whiteheads I used to get from the irritation of waxing. A miracle in a bottle I tell you - even for my highly sensitive skin. I can't imagine going back to life without it.

on 12/29/2002 12:31:00 PM

This is an essential for me, and although there are things I don't like about it (the high price, the stinky smell), I'll continue to buy it until I find a better alternative. It is the only thing I've ever used that prevents ingrown hairs. I use a Braun Silk-Epil, and I couldn't go without TendSkin afterwards. One bottle lasts me a long time, and I've found it's more economical to buy the huge 16 oz. size, which I've found on eBay for around $30.

on 12/20/2002 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Helps tremendously with ingrown hairs! Can sting a bit, but the end justifies the means! I also use it on my underarms before applying any anti-perspirant-especially useful in the summer months!

on 11/3/2002 4:44:00 PM

OOOUUUCH!!! but then a few minutes later it feels good... however, the smell is awful and does not fade with the pain. I've found that Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera works just as well as this on me, but hurts less, and smells better.

on 10/1/2002 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My hubby uses this on his blemishes and it dries them up immediately. Like battery acid...