TendSkin Tend Skin

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product definitely helps prevent ingrown hairs after shaving. it smells a little though.

on 4/28/2003 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I found this wildly expensive product to be less than satisfying, in fact, fairly irritating. It seemed to work better on my lip than on ingrowns on my legs. Really didn't work for me.

on 4/25/2003 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had tried TendSkin for ingrown hairs and had been impressed with the results but after reading reviews from MUA I decided to try it on a small keloid and a few pimples to see if what I had read was true. IT WAS TRUE, this is truly an amazing product and I will always have a supply on hand. Not only did it completely remove a keloid I had on my face for over 4 years (very small from repeated cortisone shots) it made three pimples dry up and flake off after two days. I know of no other product with results like that and I've tried them all. You really must be careful to apply only to the effected area as you risk harming surrounding skin if you apply inadvertently. In my opinion, a small price to pay for something that works so well.

on 4/3/2003 5:09:00 PM

1. This did get rid of my ingrown hairs. The outside of my legs, the front of my calves, the inside of my knees, my bikini area, et cetera. BUT, only after about two weeks of twice-a-day application. And THEN;
2. It made my skin peel (in its defense, it does state, "may cause SOME exfoliation." Even the skin on my fingerpads. When I use this, I have to wear gloves and then make sure I don't even touch the residue with my degloved hand when I take off the other glove. Getting back to the point: The skin on my legs was sloughing off in sheets. No ingrown hairs, but didn't mean I could go out in public wearing shorts looking like a moulting chicken.
3. Okay, for something that has only 3 (three) ingredients, that you can get at the drugstore for less than $1 per ingredient, a $20 pricetag for 4 oz. is way too high. I can see if there was some exotic Yonka-esque essential oils or something else costing that, but please. I'm going to be making my own from now on.

on 4/3/2003 12:16:00 PM

I really didn't think this was all that, but I know some people swear by it...I get my arms waxed regularly and once in a blue moon I will get an ingrown hair from the wax, so I got this to take care of it. It does an ok job but there's probably other products that could do the same thing. It also claims to dry up blemishes but that is a load of crap, I would never put this stuff near my face because of the ingredients, I would sooner rub straight alcohol on my skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff stinks SO BAD. Vinegary is an accurate description. That being said, I love every other thing about this. This stuff works so well for razor burn. My skin can act so weird and sensitive sometimes, and this really calms it down. It's strange that something with alcohol in it can calm, maybe it has something to do with the aspirin component. Whatever, I love it. I endure the smell, which I don't notice lasting too long, so I won't penalize the score.

on 2/7/2003 2:56:00 PM

This stuff is DISGUSTING! I do not understand all of the rave reviews below. I mean, I'm willing to suffer for beauty I suppose, but not this much! In fact, I'd like to give the inventor of TendSkin a huge paper cut on his/her lip and pour some lovely TendSkin onto it a la Jackass, the movie. Not only does it sting the hell out of one's skin (contains alcohol), but it smells like vinegar--yes, vinegar! It is also horribly overpriced. If you are considering purchasing this product, surf over to Paula's Choice and buy her skin relief treatment. It has no alcohol, no odor, and is even cheaper. Can't ask for more!

on 2/6/2003 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my holy grail of skin treatments. Sounds scary, but it is. Around when I hit 21 my forehead started developing all these weird, non-pimple growths that wouldn't go away. After years of frustration TendSkin is the ONLY thing that has cleared them up. I guess it must make everything come out of the pores, or exfoliate, or whatever - I don't care - it works!!!

on 1/27/2003 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a staple in my household. Both my boyfriend and I use it to prevent skin irritation from shaving. It really works. I just wish it wasn't so darned expensive! Oh well. I'd rather pay for this than have red bumps everywhere.

on 1/15/2003 2:31:00 PM

I love this stuff. True it's pricey and a little smelly (think vinegar) but it works and for that I will suffer. Not only does it prevent ingrown hairs, but I use it on blemishes and it zaps them dead overnight. No joke. I also use it after getting my eyebrows waxing which prevents the small whiteheads I used to get from the irritation of waxing. A miracle in a bottle I tell you - even for my highly sensitive skin. I can't imagine going back to life without it.

Popular Lotions / Creams