October 26, 2014 | 939 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Jaanam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I have to say is WOW. I have tried EVERY SINGLE powder out there for oily skin. Some do not control oil and many oxidize (they turn orange on the skin on top of not controlling oil!!) This has been the best I have ever used and I have become a lifetime user. I bought my first compact 3 months ago. It goes on somewhat powdery, but settles in quickly. My color match is Natural Clary. I usually wear dry, but hear its better for oily skin to wet sponge and apply. Either way, this is a great powder for sensitive and oily skin (great combination, huh?) I can't believe that after trying every powder out there from all department stores and sephora, my HG powder was waiting for me at Longs Drugs Store. Highly recommend!!
EDIT: Color is chalky and it sits on top of your skin. The oil on my skin melts the makeup. Still good 'natural' makeup but would work better for normal skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by julstech

I bought this in the Laurel Nude. This is by far the lightest feeling foundation I have ever worn. I applied it wet and the coverage was sheer to light. I would only recommend this on good skin days. Retails for $9.99 USD at Ulta. The finish is a soft, powder but it doesn't look like you have a powder on your face. Doesn't rub off easily. Made my pores look smaller, didn't enhance my fine lines and matted the oil on my face--Perfect! Wish this provided more coverage for not-so-good skin days. You may be able to build the coverage but you may end up with a powdered-face look. The compact is perfect too. The bottom storage compartment for the sponge is vented, which I love so I can put the sponge away without worrying about a wet sponge growing bacteria. The size of the sponge compartment is big enough that you could easily find a replacement sponge to fit in there. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by manicprincess

I have combination skin that is very sensitive to powder and foundation. This is the only one for me. I've tried Clinique, Lancome, Lauder, etc. Palladio has just enough coverage, doesn't irritate or break me out. Best of all, I don't feel it on my face as the day progresses. I use Cypress Beige and its a perfect match!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fair complexioned, African-American woman (multi-racial), with EXTREMELY OILY ACNE PRONE skin. Because of my unique coloring (pale tan w/golden-yellow undertones in winter & lightly bronzed tan w/golden undertones in summer), most foundations geared towards AA are too dark or too "pigmented" and foundations geared towards CA are too pale, too "dusty" looking or require mixing (expensive). I'd resorted to ordering foundation (Hazel Matte) from a company based out of India (Lakme) because theirs was the best color match, best formulations for oily skin, warm weather climates, etc. Bare Escentuals is great but I had to purchase 3 jars to mix in order to get the right color match and it always makes me sneeze immediately after use. After reading the reviews on this website, I decided to give Palladio a try. Because of the price, I'd always assumed it was a low-end, underachieving product. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I purchased color WD405. IT'S A PERFECT COLOR MATCH for my summer complexion (tan)! The texture is wonderful (I apply it dry). It goes on very dry looking but takes on a natural dewy look after about 30 to 40 minutes. It's maintained my very oily skin with a matte/dewy finish. It's done an excellent job covering my old acne scarring which I'm currently lightening with Exuviance Intense Lightening Complex (wonderful product). I didn't even use a primer or concealer and it's maintained its color (didn't darken), it's coverage (no fade-out), it's texture. We had 90+ degree temps today and I only had to go over it with the translucent rice paper ONCE! It's now 10:48pm and my face still looks great. It looks amazingly natural. I don't even look like I'm wearing foundation. I have rather large pores in my t-zone and foundation has always seemed to settle in this area and 'age' me, but this is the first time I've experienced a foundation not settling into my t-zone (without my smashbox primer).

This is an excellent product. After reading the reviews about the concealer and the other products, I will be going to Sally's tomorrow to purchase MANY MORE items.

Thank you 'Makeupalley' members for your reviews and thorough descriptions of products. I would have never found this wonderful foundation if it had not been for your reviews. EDIT: This lasts longer & looks better & works better when used without primer. Go figure.... continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Palladio wet/dry foundation in Laurel Nude 400 is surprisingly good!

I had to quit using Bare Minerals due to my reaction to Bismuth...ever since I have been looking for something for my quick and easy days. Dual finish powders have a tendency to make me look cakey and suck the life out of my skin.

I read about this foundation here on MUA and decided I would give it a try when browsing Ulta and coming across the Palladio display (it is also sold at Sally's).

The price was right under $10. I usually use HE foundations.

I found what I thought would be the closest match for me. I am an AAB so it can be tricky to get a match. I noticed there were not a lot of shades...so not everyone will be able to enjoy this foundation.

I did not like this wet! I thought it was really cakey and streaky. I waited until the next day and tried it dry. I exfoliated really well since my experience has been that dual finishes usually emphasize flaws. After that I applied my normal a.m. sunscreen/moisturizer waited until it absorbed and applied the foundation dry. Wow. I do have to add that it takes more effort than I initially wanted so I took a lippie off, but it is worth the wait! The problem is that it requires through blending. I used the sponge. Next time I will try a brush.

The finish was natural. My skin still showed through but the luminosity was unexpected! My finish stayed semimatte through the day. The greasies were at bay.

This is my HG foundation.

EDIT: Although this is still a very good foundation IMO I have stopped wearing it. I did not notice how pale this made me look - until I switched foundations completely and recieved feedback that it was a much better color choice. Won't be repurchasing - but still recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Turns orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by DumbB1onde

I actually bought this a few months ago when I was trying out a million different foundations and forgot about it in all the excitement. I decided to try it again a week ago when I was going to be modeling at a photo shoot and needed something very matte. It was so awesome that I've been using it every day since then and I decided to review it now since it's been long enough to test. I love this foundation. I use it dry, I haven't even bothered trying it wet yet. The coverage is medium and it floats over the pores to make skin look smooth and flawless. I am pale and Laurel Nude happens to be a perfect match for me. There aren't many color options though, so it might be difficult for some to get a good match. The packaging is on the large side because the pad is in a separate ventilated partition, I assume that this is done in case you use it wet, so the wet sponge doesn't melt all the foundation when you store it. Though large, it is high enough quality to withstand banging around in my makeup bag without breaking or coming open. When I first put this on, it is visibly powdery, like mineral makeup, but after about ten minutes it melts into the skin beautifully and becomes invisible. I use the included sponge out of laziness. I assume you could get lighter coverage from a brush. This foundation is also excellent for holding the rest of your makeup on. My blush has been far more tenacious since I started using this, as has my eyeshadow. I think it's because it absorbs the oil that would otherwise cause makeup to slide off my face. In terms of longevity it lasts most of the workday, if I touch up once in the afternoon, the new coat doesn't make the makeup look thick or messy, it just restores the matte finish. This may be my HG foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by nefariouslycruel

Well, I had to return the Ivory myrhh one because it was too pink and bought cypress beige instead. Their colour choice is just not good enough so be careful about that.
Coverage was good and natural looking especially for my acne scars and dark circles.
It lasted for a few hours before my nose got a little shiny but a little touch up was all I needed.
So compared to most foundations, I think it gave me quite a natural and airbrushed like look but I would recommend using a brush instead of the make up sponge in the box. Apart from this, the fact that its quick and less messy than liqud foundation AND not tested on animals makes me love it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Base on reviews here, I tried this mineral pressed powder foundation. For me it was just OK. I like the idea of a pressed powder vs. loose. I experimented with the sponge and wet. Color came out splotchy and orangy. I used a brush from my loose mineral makeup and that worked. The coverage is not enough for me and there's not much staying power. This works for someone who needs minimal coverage. If you add too much more to cover, then the finish is just too powdery. I'll keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by tisha_oz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I do! After testing it at the store, I bought Ivory Myrrh and was afraid it was too pink, but my husband loves it and says it's the best color I've tried, because it makes me look more natural/human. It has not turned orange on me - yay! even though I have combination very oily/very dry skin. In fact, it did the best job of anything I've ever tried of covering my flakies and not becoming an oil slick/sliding off after a few hours. The next best DS foundation I have used is Neutrogena Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation and while it gives great coverage (slightly better than Palladio, at first) after 3 hours I became an oil well and had to blot constantly. If I forgot, my skin would absorb the makeup so that in 5 hours or so it looked like I had no foundation left. The Palladio wet/dry, on the other hand, was only starting to look shiny 7 hours later, and once I blotted with Palladio's rice paper sheets it became flawless again! I am in love with this product. It also feels like I am wearing nothing or almost nothing on my skin. TIP: I applied it dry at first and it left what I thought were big powder particles on my skin. After a few applicaion tries, I apply this wet with an EoB foundation brush, and then pick up a small amount with my dry kabuki brush and buff it on as if it were mineral makeup. It looks very natural this way and the very fine powder vestiges it leaves are soon absorbed by my skin makes it look incredibly natural! This foundation is making me like my combination, acne-prone skin a lot better. Good coverage too (but not full, mask-like). For 10 bucks, it's a great find! I was itching to try studio fix but no longer - I think I've found my HG foundation! (Will update in a couple weeks).
UPDATE: I've finally got matched to Studio Fix (the compact) - I'm a C3. But OMG it looked horrible on me! While the color was a better match, the texture was so chalky and powdery my husband even noticed how bad it looked! It also gave my skin lots of huge, obvious flakes all over my forehead and cheeks. With Palladio I rarely get large flakes, and if ever it's like one or two that brush off easily and my skin looks beautiful the rest of the day. I am done trying foundations - this is definitely my HG!
UPDATE2: Got this in Laurel Nude and it's perfect for C3 skin. I use the bit of Ivory Myrrh I have left to darken certain areas of my face when I feel like it.