April 19, 2014 | 1837 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 5:35:00 PM More reviews by TrishaLynn

This is a terrible mask...what shade of Green/Blue were they trying to achieve? All that coloring can't be good for your skin! Yuk! It doesn't dry, and I think it even made me break out! Believe it or not, I use this as a foot mask after a foot soak, which is soothing and refreshing, although my feet do look like the green Hulk after applying it ;). I hate to waste product, so if anyone has tried this and not liked it, try it as a foot treatment, but not on your face. As a foot mask, I leave it on for ten minutes and rinse off, then apply moisturizer to my feet and they are very soft. I would not buy this again, and I usually love the Body Shop stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by flower_girl

I dont notic anything beneficial if I use this as a mask - but its my HG to use when I feel a zit comming on - or if I already have one. I just put this on it (not all over - just on the zit) leave it on overnight and wash off the excess in the morning - its the best! Never fails me. The next day the pimple is gone or GREATLY reduced. Wonderful. If the mask didn't do anything for you as a mask - try it this way - cant hurt.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2003 9:01:00 PM More reviews by shazzac

Well, i bought this awhile ago and i didn't realise that there were bad reviews on it here.

Anyway, i've ALREADY bought so i've got no choice but to TRY and use it. i didn't use it as a masque though. i dab it on the spots (big or small!) and leave it overnight. it didn't REALLY dry off the spots in one night but some of the bigger spots has become smaller. is using it everynight. and i love the smell. will update on this soon! :)

Update: well i've been using this as a MASQUE once a week or twice if i'm not lazy. it's giving my face a glow rather than dull (which is all the time!). it's seems alright for me but it's not a miracle product but i continue using this product thought because it's affordable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2003 9:14:00 PM More reviews by missyM

I don't love this. I see really no difference in my skin after washing it off and I don't like how it doesn't dry. The scent is nice but I prefer my Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, which for a fourth works 10 times better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by rsjennifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Buyer beware. I can only speak for my skin, which is sensitive and combination . . . but I've never had a reaction to any product like I did to this.

My face went buck wild. I had things appear on my face I've never seen. Flakes, bumps, redness, irritation. This by no means falls under the category of "gentle". Those with tougher skin it may work better for you.

But I would never touch this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2003 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked that this came in a jar--but it made my face worse in the end. I used this as part of the line for about a month--my breakouts only got worse and worse-These Tea Tree Oil Products just aren't for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by serobins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't use this product often, so the generously sized jar on my shelf will probably stick around for a good long while. When I do use it, however, it performs a small miracle. If I apply it during the occasional pre-period break out, I can clear up my skin completely in a single day. It's downright uncanny. Also, my skin tends to be fairly dry, but if I keep the mask on for 15 minutes and wash it off gently, I don't find it to be particularly drying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2002 8:20:00 AM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this mask, either. Although it didn't dry out my oily skin, it was quite strong and my cheeks turned red. And my face became more oily afterward.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2002 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it felt nice and tingly on my face. It did help soaking up the oil on my face, but i wouldn't buy it again. I found something cheap that does just the same job or better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2002 12:52:00 PM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this didn't do anything for me. unlike the body shop's tea tree oil products, which dry out my skin, this one did not. after washing this off my face, though, my skin basically felt the same it did before i used the mask. i'll stick with queen helene masks - they're cheaper and seem to work better.