December 22, 2014 | 1749 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by tortien

How can you not love this great idea?

Bring in your empty pots, lipsticks, powders etc and get a free lippy.

Whats not to love?

Helping your bank balance AND the environment!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 2:07:00 AM More reviews by shephoenix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Back-to-Mac recycling program is the best idea! I can't tell you how many lipsticks I owe to that program! I wish other makeup companies would follow suit. They even took back a lipstick that my puppy had chewed up! :) Save your six empty plastics and you get a FREE lipstick of any shade other than the viva glams. FABULOUS! Long Live MAC!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Hellykitto

How can you NOT like this? It's a pretty brilliant move on Mac's part, if you ask me. I have found myself often buying a MAC product when the need arises cuz I know the empty will be contributed toward a lippie later! Nice "value-added" marketing strategy by MAC. I have no problem with that...they sell, I get free stuff, everybody's happy. Save those empties, girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by SpeakerPunk

Major Coup for MAC! Save 6 empties (except glass containers) and turn them in in ANY condition for a lipstick of your choice (some LE restrictions may apply, this is a fairly new rule). Not only do we the customers get a free lipstick and know we helped the environment in some small way, but MAC looks like a hero :) There are 2 ways to turn in empties. Either send them in to the mailing address provided at the MAC web site, or turn them in in person to a friendly SA.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2004 9:11:00 AM More reviews by lil_angel162

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a great idea: Turn back 6 empty containers/tubes/packaging of MAC products, and get one lipstick back free. It is great incentive to recycle MAC product packaging (especially for die-hard fans!) and gain yet another MAC product... free! Great idea, except of course, I'd prefer a lipgloss, but whatever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 2:02:00 AM More reviews by muakitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ♥ MAC's recycling program! What an innovative idea--get a FREE lipstick (worth $14 USD) by turning in 6 empty plastic or glass containers. I acquire at least 3 free lipsticks per year with this program, since I regularly use Studio Fix, Studio Stick Concealer and Blot Powder. I only wish we had a choice to get lipglass instead, but oh well. I'm finding more and more MAC lipsticks to love this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cherrychums

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome program, every 6 plastic products for one free lipstick. Although it takes so long to finish any e/s or lipgloss, I feel like the mascara is the most easiest item I can accumulate empty containers and I love MAC mascaras. It used to count the pencil sharpener as well but I think they have changed recently...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

MAC is brilliant & innovative for championing this program(as well as thier generosity in the AIDS foundation)- Who does not love this? free lipstick w/ 6 applicaple EMPTY products- I am getting ready to recycle 6, & trying to figure out which Lippie I want is part of the fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 6:21:00 PM More reviews by georgefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome program! My MAC stuff seems to last forever, unfortunately (that's irony), but I'm saving up my stuff in a MAC bag so I can get another Eden Rocks lipstick. I won't have any trouble going through such great products, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by tmarie78

Please note that the small-size lipglasses (as from the Holiday 6x sets) do not count towards the 6 containers for Back2MAC, but the sliding plastic container in which they come DOES count.

Also, the recycling is good only for the plastic containers, and not nubs of lip pencils.

Just FYI, but it's a great program. My only problem is ever getting to the bottom of a pan of color or a tube of lipglass!