MAC Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

4.7

on 7/17/2004 2:29:00 AM

One of the best makeup PR strategies ever thought up. They take back our "garbage" and we get a free lipstick! It's fabulous! So far I've only traded in for 3 lippies, which I then swapped for since I'm not a lipstick wearer.

on 7/14/2004 2:29:00 AM

How can you not love this great idea?

Bring in your empty pots, lipsticks, powders etc and get a free lippy.

Whats not to love?

Helping your bank balance AND the environment!!

on 7/14/2004 2:07:00 AM

The Back-to-Mac recycling program is the best idea! I can't tell you how many lipsticks I owe to that program! I wish other makeup companies would follow suit. They even took back a lipstick that my puppy had chewed up! :) Save your six empty plastics and you get a FREE lipstick of any shade other than the viva glams. FABULOUS! Long Live MAC!!!!!

on 7/11/2004 12:40:00 PM

How can you NOT like this? It's a pretty brilliant move on Mac's part, if you ask me. I have found myself often buying a MAC product when the need arises cuz I know the empty will be contributed toward a lippie later! Nice "value-added" marketing strategy by MAC. I have no problem with that...they sell, I get free stuff, everybody's happy. Save those empties, girls!

on 7/10/2004 2:56:00 PM

Major Coup for MAC! Save 6 empties (except glass containers) and turn them in in ANY condition for a lipstick of your choice (some LE restrictions may apply, this is a fairly new rule). Not only do we the customers get a free lipstick and know we helped the environment in some small way, but MAC looks like a hero :) There are 2 ways to turn in empties. Either send them in to the mailing address provided at the MAC web site, or turn them in in person to a friendly SA.

It's a great idea: Turn back 6 empty containers/tubes/packaging of MAC products, and get one lipstick back free. It is great incentive to recycle MAC product packaging (especially for die-hard fans!) and gain yet another MAC product... free! Great idea, except of course, I'd prefer a lipgloss, but whatever.

on 6/29/2004 2:02:00 AM

I ♥ MAC's recycling program! What an innovative idea--get a FREE lipstick (worth $14 USD) by turning in 6 empty plastic or glass containers. I acquire at least 3 free lipsticks per year with this program, since I regularly use Studio Fix, Studio Stick Concealer and Blot Powder. I only wish we had a choice to get lipglass instead, but oh well. I'm finding more and more MAC lipsticks to love this way.

on 6/28/2004 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Awesome program, every 6 plastic products for one free lipstick. Although it takes so long to finish any e/s or lipgloss, I feel like the mascara is the most easiest item I can accumulate empty containers and I love MAC mascaras. It used to count the pencil sharpener as well but I think they have changed recently...

on 6/28/2004 7:53:00 PM

MAC is brilliant & innovative for championing this program(as well as thier generosity in the AIDS foundation)- Who does not love this? free lipstick w/ 6 applicaple EMPTY products- I am getting ready to recycle 6, & trying to figure out which Lippie I want is part of the fun!

on 6/28/2004 6:21:00 PM

Awesome program! My MAC stuff seems to last forever, unfortunately (that's irony), but I'm saving up my stuff in a MAC bag so I can get another Eden Rocks lipstick. I won't have any trouble going through such great products, either.

Popular Other Products