October 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cherrychums

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome program, every 6 plastic products for one free lipstick. Although it takes so long to finish any e/s or lipgloss, I feel like the mascara is the most easiest item I can accumulate empty containers and I love MAC mascaras. It used to count the pencil sharpener as well but I think they have changed recently...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

MAC is brilliant & innovative for championing this program(as well as thier generosity in the AIDS foundation)- Who does not love this? free lipstick w/ 6 applicaple EMPTY products- I am getting ready to recycle 6, & trying to figure out which Lippie I want is part of the fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 6:21:00 PM More reviews by georgefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome program! My MAC stuff seems to last forever, unfortunately (that's irony), but I'm saving up my stuff in a MAC bag so I can get another Eden Rocks lipstick. I won't have any trouble going through such great products, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 12:36:00 PM More reviews by tmarie78

Please note that the small-size lipglasses (as from the Holiday 6x sets) do not count towards the 6 containers for Back2MAC, but the sliding plastic container in which they come DOES count.

Also, the recycling is good only for the plastic containers, and not nubs of lip pencils.

Just FYI, but it's a great program. My only problem is ever getting to the bottom of a pan of color or a tube of lipglass!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 8:57:00 AM More reviews by KellyRenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This program definitely rocks... save up your empty containers until you have 6 of them and then you can have a free lipstick! How easy is that?!?! I wish that other companies would do this because I definitely get excited about helping the environment and getting free stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

I love this program. For every 6 MAC containers (empty lipglosses, eyeshadows, mascaras, etc.) you turn in, you get a free lipstick!!! How great it that! I wish other lines would do the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 12:57:00 AM More reviews by BSteee2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this program. Such a great price too! :) I think MAC did something great when creating this recycling program.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2003 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sephyoo

I agree with this program.. not only do i get something for something (even if MAC is bit pricey) i still get a good item.. i mean you're recycling so it's good for the environment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 9:21:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Back-2-MAC is a program where you return six empty plastic MAC containers and you get a free lipstick.

I often feel a tinge of guilt when I throw out a finished lipstick or powder container. MAC's program gives me an incentive to recycle empty makeup containers. You get something for something.

Since I started wearing MAC in 1989, I have acquired eight free lipsticks from MAC (many of the empty containers I returned were found* or friends would give their empty MAC containers to me, some are my own too).

The recycling drive is one of the great things about MAC that sets itself apart from the other cosmetics lines.

*When I was attending post secondary, I literally would find one MAC powder compact or lipstick in the lecture halls or abandoned in a restroom about once a month. I also found an abandoned makeup back with MAC in it on a sidewalk on the way to the supermarket.

Note: You will not be able to redeem the containers for any of the Viva Glam lipsticks. Also, the item must be a lipstick...I tried to get a gloss instead but the MAC counterpersons said that was not allowed. I'm cool with that. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No